Aberrant RPG - Adventure!, Aberrant, Trinity : the same universe?

Rorschach

I just bought Adventure! (I'm late, but anyway...), and I'm a bit disappointed.

I think that game is very good, and I already think about scenarii.

I planned to build a big campaign, beginning in 20's, and ending at the Trinity Age, but this is obvious: as described, Adventure CANNOT be Aberrant's past : there are too many many dinosaurs, aliens, neandertaleans, and moreover too many psychs and stalwarts (novas). Of course this is pulp, but the mood seems also ways too different.

An opinion about this? Did somebody try to add some cohesion to this timeline and would give me few advices?

The Project Utopia book details how the Aeon Society has been purging all references to super-human abilities prior to N-Day as a retconn (of sorts) that could explain why no one remembers the two-fisted action of my favorite Aeonverse game.

Also, you'll note that aberrants aren't all taint-buttered monstrosities bent on controlling or destroying the world they're made out to be in Trinity. wink

Right : a good PR can explain that point (in French we call it "désinformation", is that correct in English?). But there are still all that artifacts, and Conan Doyle-like LOst Valleys, never found by Humanity: Aeon Society cannot erase all of this, I think. I always tried to make the conspiracy of Aberrant highly credible, but I 'm afraid this point is a bit too much. Moreover, characters like Ubiquitous Dragon are pretty tough, not as Primoris but quite powerful anyway: they should become powerhouses in 2008 BUT nobody ever heard about them (OR maybe I missed smthing?)

Well, part of the theory is that the really funky things (like inner Earth, lost world, etc) were created by the release of the Z-Rays and will disappear as the world dies back down. Also, most of the Inspired disappear post-WWII. I think Danger Ace, Whitely, Max, and Michael are the only ones who make it to the Aberrant time peroid.

But, like many games, I think the best tool is "suspension of disbelief."

Are Z-rays Quantum and noetic energies?

Danger Ace is latter credited as '"Aberrant Hunter", but when does he reappear? And what about Whitley Styles?

About Ubiquitous Dragon, I read somewhere he could be the Colony in TRinity, what do you think about it?

I believe good ol' Jake does reappear during the Aberrant War to hunt tainted novas (and succeed). Apparently he's able to survive that long thanks to Safari Jack passing on his knowledge of life-enhancing tonics.

Whitely Styles is specifically mentioned in one of the last Trinity books (released as an e-document). The setting material with him in it is an e-mail correspondence between him and Max.

And I have no idea about the Dragon or who the Colony really is. As many people here know, I'd love to know if one of the canonical characters ended up as the Colony.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rorschach:
Are Z-rays Quantum and noetic energies?
Danger Ace is latter credited as '"Aberrant Hunter", but when does he reappear? And what about Whitley Styles?
About Ubiquitous Dragon, I read somewhere he could be the Colony in TRinity, what do you think about it?
Quantum and noetic(sub-quantum) Work well with each other at lovels. They only react badly when you get a lot of either of them together.

I think Dare Devils use bother,and there other two inspired types either use both or use one but not enough to really cause problems.

The way I see it. Quantum and noetic forces seem to do the same thing on different scales and as the result they seem different. The users of Quantum and noetic energy both are flawed and are not human anymore. They change people to the exetreams of human nature and by removing a part they change the whole. Theo who use Quantum (novas) are turned into island in humanity. They are given powers but in the end are forced to be alien and to stand alone taint. I have not read into trinity but the users of neoetic powers seem to become one with everything around them. They feel the paint around them,and suffer when things around them suffer. They are then locked into becoming a part of everything.

So Quantum drives people into becoming one with one's self and lose touch with the rest of the world. Neoetic pulls self away from those use it and makes them one with everything. You tell me what one is a worse fate?

From what's been discussed before, the Heaven Thunder Triad is the Dragon's organization in the Aberrant era, and the Dragon himself died of old age recently.

As for the lost worlds, they did fade out with the loss of most of the energy that had been created by the Hammersmith Incident.

There could be plenty of survivors from the 20s in Aberrant's time, but none of them are public figures except Mal.

Telluric energy and zero point energy are one and the same. Quantum and sub-quantum would best be described as "frequencies" of zero-point energy. The Hammersmith and Galatea explosions both released telluric/zero-point energy. Latent inspired became active according to genetic predisposition, trigger events, and chance. The last applys to presence on Earth of highly inspired individuals and their effect on chance of latent inspired becoming either nova or psiad.

Archived