Aberrant RPG - World Wide Phase III

Dr. Zero

I posted this on another thread, but Id rather do it where everyone will see it...

I am interested in (have started brainstorming for) a net book continuing on WWP1 and WWP2 books... Ive decided to named it *drumroll* WWP3

I was hoping other interested parties would like to assist... any ideas are welcome from everyone

~Zero

Yep, I want to set it in 2025-2030, ten years after WWPII and focus on a world desparately trying to remember its golden days while the heros of yesterday slide further and further down the same track as those they oppose and the world creaks against the oncoming storm.

I want it to be 4 scenarios, like the other two, with a wide variety of plot stuff, some world shaking and others more localized or even personal... and want to include the fates of many better known Aberrant characters. Still, in the spirit of the first two, I dont want to simply piggy back but use the canon characters as backgrounds for new threats and challenges.

I would love a council of aberrant scholars to help me hammer out the scenarios that best fit the theme of end times desparation.

Some themes might include...

increasing worldwide taint and the desparate measures taken by those who oppose/embrace it and the far reaching and little understood ramifications

the first outright attempt by a powerful baseline/nova group to bring about genocide againt the other side, how effective it is and what results

the increasingly desparate and horrific practices by a Utopia watching its empire crumble and the release of the "Atlantis Contingency" from a cornered and endangered Proteus

a grass roots revolution taking place in the common home to begin resisting the glamour of the "Nova Age" and how the world begins to blink the stardust out of its eyes

Events around the lives of Novas who can potentially shape the outcome of events to come and how the players interact with them... Pax, Mal, Russeau, Anateus, Scripture and a few other new-comers in their power struggles

The first public arrival of Psions and how suddenly Novas arent the new kid on the block anymore

An actual war breaking out in the middle east region that grows beyond even the scope of Kashmire, a conflict that is the spark of the Aberrant War

How the Directive decides to save the world without destroying it in the process

The rise and fall of the DeVries empire and the fallout that could easily turn the tides in the war to come

The first time baselines show they are capable of fighting novas on a large scale basis, the first true "Novas vs. Humans technology" skirmish for the world to gape and cower at

A great city, New York or Berlin, is held hostage and the greatest demands in history are made by a few revolutionaries who actually have the power to carry out their threats...

Divis Mal enters his next crysalis... only this time, someone finds out where he is and suddenly the race is on for all those who would stop his greatest ascention into godhood... will the Directive, the Aberrants, Proteus, Utopia or fellow Teragen members arrive in time to find the most powerful being alive... at his most weakest?

These are only some ideas to spark some imagination from anyone who wants in...

10 years... so ~2024. Does anyone remember what significant events occur before and leading up to that time?

I like your war, DeVries, and grass roots ideas. They seem to be logical extentions of the events from Phase II and seem to fit in the context for the events leading to the war in 2049 (IIRC). In fact, your genocide idea might be best suited for that time peroid.

Right, I'll be quiet and let others participate.

Archived