Aberrant RPG - U.S Support Organizations

Xzaviar

Aside from Utopia, which the US really does not like a great deal, and Municipal Defenders, who would back a U.S. Team in aberrant with out to much hassle.

In your opinions, would the US allow a Private backer for a team to operate with in the US or Canada. And what would Utopia's Stand point be when the two would clash after a international Criminal....

What I have is small group of new players, and a few "OLD" players that are going to do background stuff from Email... and for several reasons have US based, and would like a bit different Twist other than municple defenders, atleast eventually. Give them a bit more responsibility than one City,,,, Any Ideas or input??

Let's see. Seeing as the U.S. even now is making closse to twice as much as any other country in the world, and this evening taking into acount that more than half the sates are lossign money. I find it strange that U.S.A does't at elast have a team on par with Utopia.

In case your woundering, the US has the world largest cerdit line in the world, now it is is 4.8 trillion dollars. In case people are counting that is about 13,300.Withc only about three time the amount money the US makes in taxes yearly.

US Utopai may have enought money to throw ut way like dust in the wind..THe US has more so.Also Remeber that my math is only counting the federal tresurery.States make a lot of money as well.Even in times like this.SO I do find it oddd that US doesn't have a big shining thing like this.

The only reason I would say US does not have one is the potential threat.... Our goverment is a bit cautious... and puting that type of power into a few peoples hands with out years of training, and as hard as Nova's are to police after...

Um I would have agreed with with you untill Bush was put into office. I could stand here and point how many ways he lost, but that is ntot eh point.

The United states has an Ego.As the a cold war saying went.If Russia said they were going to send a man to hell, USA would stand out and yel, that they would beat them there.

USA has a huge ego,and pride, so wile it is dangorous to keep novas in check, the only thing that can leep novas in check are other novas, and item that even more dangorous than novas.(nukes).

Actually, I think the US military as some sort of team. I still think that some group like Argus or PeaceKeepers could operate in the US. Just think of the support industry they could engender, like any military base.

In one campaign I ran, a group of novas spawned a whole series of groups called Knights Inc. You just got yourself and 3 to 6 others to sign on, and they would franchise you. Just add the name (or nickname) of the town you operate out of to the corporate name. Such as New Orleans Knights, Gotham Knigts, ect. They (the founding group)would provide the initial investment in a home base and support facilities. The new group had to uphold a certain ethical creed, support other Knight groups if called upon, and protect their individual home area. Otherwise, they are free to do what they wish as long as they kept their operation solvent.

It combined some aspects of Municipal Defenders, with plenty of opportunities to travel with some sort of support structure. It also allowed for a new PC to be introduced. They just transfer in from another Knights franchise.

Hope this helps.

Archived