[OpNet] Of men and gods

kestrel404

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashnod:

Great Monster C, for some unknown reason, I felt the tremendous urge, which proved unconquerable, to purchase a baby-doll tee that had an image of you and the Cookie Monster embracing each other, with the line "Heroes have heroes too" underneath it. I would wear this shirt for the remainder of Tuesday. You'd be amazed at how many fans you apparently have, because many people felt the need to stop me as I wandered through Belmont to comment on the shirt.
Why thank you, though the lecher in my thinks it may simply have been you in a baby doll T that inspired the admiration.

I'm not a philosopher, so I can't argue with most of you. I have my opinions and I'll make them known simply because my profession has taught me the value of speaking even if you're not the smartest person in the room.

I'm not human. I couldn't even pretend to be anymore. Physically I am so far from human that it's absurd. Even my mental processes, I can tell, have shifted fairly dramatically.

Yes, we, novas I mean, have taken forefront when it comes to pop culture, music, entertainment, what have you. But, really, is that so different from before? When I was just a lad you could become a famous rockstar even if you were a butt ugly bastard like Tom Petty. Then Video's came along and you sure as hell better look like Mark McGrath if you wanted to be numero uno. Yeah, you had the occasional uggo showing up, but mostly as the exception. For every one Rob Zombie I could show you a dozen Debbie Gibsons. Beauty was the node back then. So was money. If you were rich and good looking you could weild the power and influence that having a node gives you today.

As for them not being my people anymore? I couldn't care less. I love them. I love their potential. I love the world they created. Yes, there are some bad things in it. Nothing's perfect. But look at the magnificent things human beings created. The art, the music, the literature. All of these things came from them. And with us helping them they'll create even more. Like Preston pointed out, they may not occupy the top rungs, but they're still producing, still compeiting.

I love this world and I love the people I came from. And anyone who tells me I should leave them or that I should look down upon them...well, I invite you to shut the hell up and keep your negative vibes to your own pitiful life. I've got some good to do in the world and I'm gonna do it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston Sez:

You are the one claiming to be "All That", yet what are your accomplishments?

That you would even say something so utterly ignorant leads me to the conclusion that you are either A.Baiting me into revealing something about myself I may not want to reveal (Nu-uh!! I've done lots of stuff!! Like terraform Antarctica!! And...um...kill the Prime Minister of Souther Sri Lanka!!) or else B.A fool, to assume that just because you don't know something, it hasn't happened. Just because you don't know what I had for breakfast this morning, Preston, it doesn't mean I didn't eat it.

And unlike you, I don't advertise what I do -- for good or for perceived ill -- because I don't do it for acclaim or fame or the approval of anyone, nova or baseline.

For fuck's sake, man. Let it go.

Ashnod sez:

You'd be amazed at how many fans you apparently have, because many people felt the need to stop me as I wandered through Belmont to comment on the shirt.

Please, please tell me you're not so far segregate from baseline humanity that you didn't know that it wasn't the shirt they were interested in.

Quote:
Originally posted by Regan 'Codex' McLachlan:
Charr, what is it that you think I fear?
What am I, your fucking zen master? Don't you have a handler expressly assigned by Herr Yoopee to give you answers and warm tingly feelings on demand?

Okay, Innocence. We can do the twenty questions routine. Its smaller than a bread box and weighs more than Pax's ego. Heh.

Still can't see it can you? I'll even pop for a couple of hints. It torched the brainstem of an animal all the way down to the nap with satisfaction if not joy. It doesn't give a shit about elites because it knows who really put a terminal hurt on pris-sis.

Innocence was such an appropriate name.

ronin, even the Kami tend to enjoy their corporeal forms when they manifest themselves among the mortals. And sometimes the mortals are just as interested in the shell the Kami makes for themself.

Hell, baselines are always interested in the Nova body. It almost seems a sick fetish.

Where ever you walk, it's like a cult springs up around you. It's both sickening and facinating at the same time. Like a train wreck.

Archived