Aberrant RPG - a plot line I am working on

Sandy Davis

Well, I am going to make a game ,and I fairly sure that no player in my group will look at this site. Most being new player. It is going to fallow the canon for the most part, with the these changes. One the way meta-humans form is based on the mind set of the person, and the flows of the world. In the past the flow of the world was wile and diverse, but when Divis Mal was born, so was the age of novas.

Some key points about Mal, one he is not a nova. He is something else. He has many things that make his power act like novas, but it is not the same way. Novas are reelections of him. But not prefect copies, Mal has no taint. He is also a node. As in his whole body acts as a node.

By to the story Nathaniel Paine, the son of one the major higher up is the Aeon society , erupted on N! day minus 8 years .1989. His eruption caused an earth quake of 6.4 on the requiter scale. Being a son of a family in the Aeon society. He already knew about meta-humans. He learned that he was one of the most powerful people on the earth. Over the next 8 odd years he was told to keep his powers on the low. But even with only subtle uses of his power he felt them grow. In 2002 the Aeon society in trusted him with a mission. He was to find and destroy Divis Mal. At this point most of the aeon society though he Mal was dead, and few still though he would stand a chance if Nathaniel got his hands on him. They were wrong.

Nathaniel, came out of hiding and joined up with t2m to both act as a spy and watch dog for Aeon. He held back his powers to make sure that he was not chosen to lead, he was quite,soft spoken. In fact he was more power than Pax, but never needed to brag or show more power than he had to. In 2005 he heard word that Mal was alive,and was giving the Null Manifesto. He tracked down Mal,and that night the moon was "hit" by an set of" asteroids" ranging form the size of a car up to one the size of a city block. Divis Mal was not seen for 2 months, Nathaniel was not seen for close to 7 and half years.

He showed up in the middle of the UN security Council meeting and put down the constitution of Eden. In the pages, it declared that while novas and baseline humans were equal, do to the fundamental differences in power for safety they should live apart. It set up a city in the middle of the US. It also stated that Utopia, and by sub class that any of it's affiliates would be treated like a private corporation in the sovereign lands that made the United States. It was signed by the president, a comity of congress.The Training and policing of Novas in the US would be done by Eden,and only when asked for help would T2M be let in with any legal peace keeping rights... I have more, but I have to find the papers I had them on.

Any ideas are welcome and critics are my friend

That's pretty cool. Don't forget, though, that the story is about the players' characters. It's good to focus on other characters, but remember that you're playing this to have fun and much fun won't be had if your players are taking backseats to canon critters.

Well, I am taking that acount.In fact i am doing it more so that the normal Canon. In the fact that the power of novas are split 3 - 5 ways..As in the normal game it being split 2 - 4 ways.Depeneding on weither or not you count Elites, and the big D.So wile I am frist buildign up the cannon, I am doing this becuase with out NPCs, the PCs would have nothign to do.

I am going to try to explain my views on the reason the novas lead to psaids and there may be mages and other thing in my games.On the fringes.

In light of some thoughts and time. I guess I will tell people what I was trying to get at. In my game, psaids,and the like are more closely to related to novas than in the main book. THey either form a nova who under goes something a lot like chysalis .this is how the proxies were made. Unlike the tearagen and chysalis the novas force them selves back into the fold.

now I am still working on the details, and the math behind it. But the broad ideas is that, instead of monsters, marvels, and portents .You have saviors, martyrs and prophets I may just use the math for chysalis changing the trait to effect novas and not, baselines. Maybe not in such a sharp curve. But as I said I am still working on the math. On thing is pretty much clear. I going to make it so that the novas have to buy off taints above all else,and that there will be a limit to how many times this can be done. And some how making it so that the " novas " suffer from back last of the use of their powers.

Wile this may sound like a power gaming way. I think it is just about the only way to have trinity fit with aberrant. I mean it is one thing if the novas are on a scale that powerful one could level a city. Then trinity could work, but as it is by 2100, I would say there are at least 50 novas with enough raw power to change all of humanity. So, as my old thread about psaids was trying to says not that the psi are as powerful or lack draw backs. Rather proxy would have enough power to make all but the stupid and high and mighty type aberrant's have something to fear other than themselves.

Again I am working on the power level that these novas can have. And I am thinking that they could get some dots in level 4 powers, and maybe one(or two) dot(s) in level five powers. So in other words, a proxy would have enough power to extend his hand and change a world, while a 150+ year old nova could extend his hand and make a universe. Again both are at the pinnacles of the power levels that they could reach. Critics are welcome, and so is advise.

My gut reaction would be to decrease the power of aberrants.

Blocking level four powers, possibly change the rules for high quantum and decide how powerful the proxies are. Unless I misremember Trinity, the proxies' powers are never given.

I like the idea of saviour, martyr and prophet.

Saviors, martyrs and prophets.

While the Teragen are built under the idea that novas are not human because of their powers, Eden. The city of all novas is based on the idea that novas are humans. And that their humanity is not inspite, but because of the powers novas posses. That if given the same threats they would act in the same manors. The idea of taint is just the extreme misuse and abuse of power and self. So what is Eden trying to do. Well, politically, it is making sure Utopia has something that can counter them. This makes it so Utopia is not always going to be number one scape goat,and that Utopia do not have free hand to run the world. Eden is not friendly with Utopia.. but let get back tot eh point.

The Savors believe that they are here to not only to show the world what is wrong, but to fix it. They are here to save the world from it's self. And if the world wants to mess around a Savor will not hesitate to blood the world's nose. They are not only the road to the light but also the car. This doesn't mean savors are buts or all black and white, this means that they help those they want to ,and do not take no for an answer. The often have powers akin to the problems of the world. So no one set list can be picked. They mostly have powers that heal,and tend to have social powers more often than not.

Martyrs go out to do what must be done. They do not ask for help, thank or pity. They do not go into battle for those lacking faith in their cause. They do not fight for money,and could care less about lines on a map,They do not fear death, and often are thought of as seeking it out. They have highly combat based powers,and are not that social , they think the best way to lead is by doing something. They live by a code. To go into fighting it is say that all else has failed. In this battle you do not go into hurt, you charge forth until they are defeated. To go into battle you must be willing to die, and understand that each time you live threw a battle you were saved by some grace. Walk into each battle like you walk into each day. As if it was your last.

Prophet. If I have to explain what prophets are..I am going have to find another gaming group..But for the record. Prophets pick up subtle hints and signs. Wither this is truly seeing into the future or just picking up on terns and patterns that no one else can see. That is the same in the end. THey have power leaning towards gather information and patterns to help guide people into the future.

So in short, one wants to save the world, one wants to do the right things(often leading to fighting), and one wants to guide people with knowledge.

Archived