[Fiction] Checking Progress

Long

The marker came up on his computer. He'd never clicked it before, but figured that with everything relatively quiet he could see what event required his attention. It was a reminder to check on the nova Silvertalon. Before his Chrysalis he'd helped her reconcile the two halves of her personality. It had been interesting to say the least.

He composed her a quick opnet message.

Silvertalon,

It has been some time since we last spoke. I am sorry for my extened absence but matters required my devout attention. I hope this finds you well. If you're willing I'd like to visit you again, to see how you're doing.

Let me know what you want to do and where you'd like to meet if you do.

Long

He hit send and waited for a reply.

Communicator; Beep Beep Beep, Incoming message.. Beep beep beep, Message downloaded...

Silvertalon's eyes began to open slowly with a flutter, the beeping and soft toned voice repeated several times before it drew her out of her slumber. The night time sky greeted warmly with twinkling stars and the moon over head. The smell of pine and the cool fresh air of the wilderness around her. A smile played across her muzzle as she sighed quite enjoying the nature more then the city. Although the thought of raiding the hot dog vendor for some tasty dogs brought a chuckle to her lips as she took a few long moments to reflect.

“Display message please.”

“Beep, beep, Message ready, message displayed on optic sensor.” The eye piece slowly moves into place before her eye as the text plays across the display.

Silvertalon,

It has been some time since we last spoke. I am sorry for my extended absence but matters required my devout attention. I hope this finds you well. If you're willing I'd like to visit you again, to see how you're doing.

Let me know what you want to do and where you'd like to meet if you do.

Long

A smile plays across her muzzle in a coy manner a part of her was happy to hear from long after so long. Her head tilts to the side for a moment or two looking up at the star's in the night's sky as a soft rumble wells with in her chest.

“It has been a while since we have spoke or seen each other... Much has changed...” She softly muses to herself, “I wounder.....”

Long,

It has been some time indeed, I assume that much has gone on in your life since we last spoke. I am doing well, at the moment I am kinda up in a tree, checking out the stars in the sky and the moon over head. It is quite a sight to be hold when your hanging about and around a cliff over looking a valley. Other then that my travels have given me much insight in to whom I am. I am realizing with each new discovery, I .. Am more then just an animal. But also as you would say a nova, still a very strange concept to me but I have much to learn.

I have not been back to the cave in many moon's as my travels have drawn my attentions to places I feel I should go. I have seen much and discovered only what I can feel a fraction of the truth in a sense. But if you wish, you can come to visit, I am very sure your able to triangulate my position with your communicator as I have left it open for you to track. And yes, I actually learned how this device works, but far from it. I am no where near able to repair this if it breaks. -laughs-

Silvertalon

Ps. If you do come to visit watch your step, the first one's quite a long ways down. -Smirks- You will see.

Long shrugged as he read and tapped out a few commands to locate the signal source. Within minutes he's explained where he's going to Endeavor and vanishes in a flash, reappearing on the ground beneath the tree where Silvertalon is perched.

He looks up at her and smiles. "hello Silvertalon. It's been awhile. So being a nova is still a mystery to you I hear..."

Yawns again as her eyes close mirring softly to herself as the communicator goes silent for a while. Her ears flicker as she senses the presence of quantum forming with in a few feet as she streches out slowly. Her tail is curled slowly around the large tree brance as she smiles seeing long standing before her. Her head slightly nods as she takes a moment to look him over her nose catching fimular scents and one not so fimular to her.

"It is, much as life is. As one once told me, many things in our lives will be a mystery until we begin to understand truely whom we are."

Her eyes slowly turn skywards for a moment, "And sometimes learning what mysteries we so carve to discover have a cost.." A slight hint of sadness is in her voice for a moment. Before a coy faux like smile plays across her muzzle, "So, tiger... Who's the female I smell all over you.... You sneaking out to meet someone a bit more interesting then your mate?" she raises and eye brow with a soft chuckle. She is completely unware of longs current activities or what has happened recently.

Long bristles slightly at the questioning tone in Silvertalon's voice. He'd forgotten how all the animalistic nova seemed to be able to smell extremely well. "The female you smell is Endeavor, another Japanese nova and the mother-to-be of my children. She is my "mate" as you put it. She's due later this summer." There's a touch of pride creeping into his voice. Thoughts of Endeavor always made him smile.

He nods. "I take it that saying comes from a former teacher of yours. They are very wise. Tell me, Do you understand who you really are, or are you still searching for that answer?"

Silvertalon watches Longs reaction very carefuly woundering if her tone or question was not a good one to ask. Her ears perk slightly as he explains as she nods slightly with a smile, "I see, well I am happy for you.." A slight shade of pink highlights her inner ears a bit as her gaze turns towards the stars again. "It will be interesting to see what becomes of such a union, will it be human or creature... Always a good question to ask when dealing with unsual novas.. As of we... eh?"

Slowly her attention falls onto long once again and nods slowly, "In some sense I have, and yet I have not.... I have visions if not vauge memories of things, places.... People..." She sighs softly as her ears flicker, "Still I sense I still have a long ways to go, and I question myself if I would like what I see or not...." A half hearted chuckle escapes her for a moment, "What about yourself, what are you discovering... I sense in a strange way your undergoing something quite important.. Other then your mate's birth."

Slowly her tail uncoils around the branch as she sits up agasit the tree trunk. As she offers a seat in front of her on a thick portion of the tree branch easily enough for one to sit upon. "Sit, be comfortible, unless you rather sit on the wet ground below.."

Long hovers in place though he seems to sit back and relax as his tail uncurls from around him. "I don't see the branch supporting my weight, I'll hover here thanks."

"As to the children, undoubtedly they will be novas like Sakurako and I. beyond that I really don't know. Healthy is my main desire."

He looks down, pondering how best to answer her question. "I too have gone through some changes. "I faced my own demons and won. I accepted my own weakness,and made peace with it."

He gestures to his new white fur. "New things came of that acceptance, A new understanding, A new sense of purpose."

"I was woundering if you had your fur color dyed or something although...." Her head tilts to the side eyeing him over for a few long moments, "It does look more becoming of you... As a fauther indeed, makes you look much like and elder." A playful smile plays across her muzzle as she gives him a wink.

"So what esle has been going on as of late? Since I left Ptsen-wi's cave I have not heard from anyone for such a long time. Although in a strange way I am sadden by the fact no one has tried, but yet I am not. That emotion is very strange to me..Regret?."

"Yet I am curious none the less, some times you get that instinctive feeling something is going on and you are the last one to be told about anything."

A smirk slowly creeps across her muzzle as she looks up at long for a moment, "Although, your lucky you already got snatched up. Whom was that nova's name.. En..endover, she's very lucky gal? Or otherwise I might of pounced such a cutie of kitten like yourself." Clearly she is teasing Long in a playful manner, showing him she hasn't lost her unsual sense of humor.

"You aren't really known to a great many novas Silvertalon. You should go out more amongs our kind. That's why no one came looking for you."

He chuckles. "Though I am suprised that Wakinyan hasn't come seeking you, he is your mate after all isn't he?"

"As for you pouncing on me, I'd advise against it. Foxes cannot beat Tigers."

Silvertalon nods slowly, "True, although.... I am aware my unsual nature would cuase some problems.. I am not what you would call nomral like most novas would look.." her eyes lower slightly, "I been told I look like a monster, but I know I am not. Although I have a feeling something from time to time is watching me. Meh instincts can be strange at times, but yet I trust them..." A slight smile graces her muzzle once again. "Very true, I should probly try, but I am unsure honestly how to approach with out becoming a target so to say."

Slowly her ears droop and her expression changes for a few long moments. Her eyes divert towards the ground taking a few long moments before speaking up, "I... Have not heard or seen him in a long time. I know not what has become of him, I do feel a sense of loss. If he has returned I know he would of come for me. But as far as I know he is still away.. Some place.. Far... Very far away....." Slowly an inward sigh can be heard before turning to look up at long with a slight tear runing down the side of her cheek, "I miss him long.... I fear he is lost...." Her voice trails off as she collects herself.

"As for you pouncing on me, I'd advise against it. Foxes cannot beat Tigers." Long replys.

Her ears perk slightly as she looks towards long with a soft chuckle, "So true, but might only takes one so far. But sheer wits can turn the tide on even the mighest of all creatures. I beleive a fox like creature have tricked mighest of all to fall prey to their games...... What do they call them... They have many tails.. I only seen a picture of one in some womans home recently..." She takes afew moments to mill it over.

"Wakinyan is back at his home. Timeslip brought him back while I was gone. Trusting your instincts is a good thing. I've found they're often right."

"You should go and see him you know. I'm sure he'd be glad to know you're ok." He smiles and flexes the claws of his right hand casually. The black blades gleam in the moonlight.

"I can send you there easily enough, if that's what you'd like."

His blue eyes glow slightly, and he seems to radiate the moonlight off his stark white fur. He looks peaceful at this moment, more relaxed than Silvertalon ever has seen him.

"The Kitsune are known tricksters of the East, The more tails the more powerful. But you are not just a fox, There is much Dragon within your form, though it's the western variety, not the eastern."

A thought occurs to him. "Perhaps therein lies a clue to who you used to be. half of the East, half of the West. That might require further research."

"What!?! H..h..he's back?" Her voice slowly comes in a horse whisper as she stands up with her back to the tree. The look of shock and disbelief is clearly seen upon her face. “...W...wh..when.. A.. while ago?” her head turns to the side looking towards the ground below still comprehending the truth of it all. Her wings rustle behind her a few times as her tail lashes back and forth rapidly as well. Long can sense a deep emotional change with in her, a sorrow of sorts and a hint of anger many emotions seam to boiling up with in her.

"You should go and see him you know. I'm sure he'd be glad to know you're ok." he smiles and flexes the claws of his right hand casually. The black blades gleam in the moonlight. "I can send you there easily enough, if that's what you'd like?"

Slowly a growl beings to well with in her chest, her muzzle rises with a few tears trickling down the sides of her furred cheeks. Her body seams to be shaking slightly, as the air around her seams to be have become thicker with the sense of anger. Her eyes meet Long's for a few moments, he watches her eyes shift. Slowly as the eyes gleam with a slight coloration of red, as her growl deepens, “...h...he... Has been back... For some time..” her voice comes empty and devoid of emotion... “He would of come for me, but chose not to..”

Slowly she turns towards the tree tearing her eyes away from Longs still growling as her tail whips about behind her displaying her anger and clearly feeling betrail from her mate. “No... He choose not to inform me, he choose to hide from me.” A snarl escapes her lips as her voice rises almost yelling with rage, “He is a weak male, Unworthy Alpha!” her voice crackles with her rage growing stronger, and yet still keeps herself in control. “I... Trusted him... I loved him.. I called him my mate.. I was willing to follow him.” the anger in her voice slowly fades leaving only a sense of hollowness.

She looks over her shoulder at Long her eyes have changed to normal once again, “...N..no.. Long... I will not go to him... He abandoned me, he did not even let me know he returned, left me all alone..” Silvertalon turns to face the tree taking some time to get all the conflicting emotions out of her system. Slowly her right hand reaches out and rests upon the tree in front of her. Instantly her sharp talons sink deep with in the thick tree's trunk.

Her left hand rises up and wipes her snout as she looks over at Long once again with a few sniffles. “..S..sorry.. I..its really.. hard for some .. emotions to be controlled.. Even harder when its enhanced by your instinctive nature.” She rests her back up against the tree once again and nods slowly thankful that Long changed the subject. “Its quite possible....It is not something I thought of.” her gaze lowers back towards the ground looking quite heart broken

Long comes to a standing position. "I didn't mean to upset you I really thought you were speaking of the distance between where we are and his home, not that you didn't know he was back at all."

Sh shook his head and frowned. "I really would have thought he'd have come after you. I wonder what stopped him." Inside Long figured it was Thoughtwave's doing. He could understand the desire to elimanate competition, but Silvertalon really had no one else. No place else was really safe for her. From what he'd read on the Opnet forums Thoughtwave had really immersed heself in the Lakota way. I wonder what they'd do if they found out she was really just some little waiscu girl with mental powers who had herself altered to bcome one of them? For that matter, surely the people remember her as she was before.. Could she really have changed the memories on so many people? Or do they simply not care to remember it?

"Controlling your emotions is difficult especially when they're instinctual. But you attacked the inanimate object and not me, you're learning control, you're making progress."

He nods "Still, this simply will not stand."

He pulls out his wristcom and dials Wakinyan's code. He sends only two words. "Silvertalon, Now." A light winks green, showing it was recieved and then a few moments later winks 3 times, The signal that Wakinyan understands and is ready.

Long opens up one of his larger Warpgates and waits as Wakinyan walks through. He closes the gate behind the young nova and nods to Silvertalon. "You, my young friend, owe this young lady an explanation." He waits expectantly, ready to separate them if the need arrises.

Wakinyan watched the thunder roll across the valley floor below. The storm was good Wakan and always had been. His will guided it but it was as it should be. The accord between gods and men even in the way of the White Father's was needed for progress of the Lakota to be made.

His OPnet device chirped to life behind his ear it's familiar sensation of crawling into position in front of his eye almost had become a comforting one. The text was one he had waited on for a long while and when he saw it he was filled with mixed emotion. Hope that she was okay and dread if she was not. Either way the proud yet troubled Nova strode through the large warpgate as it blossomed nearby.

A moment later he scented the Nova who taught him how to fight. Giving Long a courteous bow of his massive head he spoke politely. 'Hau Long. You look well for your evolution." His mind was only partially on the tiger. His sense were on his lost wife she sat crouched not far away her talon marks on the tree told him stories that needed no explanation. She smelled good he thought even while he calmed rumbled his explanation that the tiger had required of him.

"Path's we are meant to walk alone no one can walk with us or for us Master Long." The blazing lightning within his eyes crackled with wisdom. "That can be said for you, I and my wife." He turned to her. "Did you find what you sought these many months my wife? Are you ready to be together again?"

He could feel her anger and he wondered if she might attack him for his departure. Would she understand that these things had to happen for them all to be stronger? Their love, their family to be whole. He watched his the exotic feral beauty and waited for her to speak with either her voice or her talons. His broad wings mantling gloriously above his head offering her his side offering her, her place.

Silvertalon takes a deep breath and then nods slowly, “I..its okay Long...” her gaze remains on the ground while she still growls. “Even you would be quite upset if someone close to you did such.. If not worse, the feeling of hurt and abandonment is not a feeling I care for.” Her attention turns to her right side looking out over the valley towards the moon in the sky. Still a few tears still fall from her eyes as she wipes them away. Her mind focused on other things for the moment unaware of Longs intentions to summon forth Wakinyan to this place. Her tail slowly sways behind her in a casual manner seaming to relax. Then her ears flicker and then focus towards the sound of something taking place near by. At the same moment she can sense a surge of quantum forming very close. Her attention quickly turns in the direction of the disturbance. To see Long forming some sort of portal before her.

Just as her mouth beings to open to question what is going on. A familiar scent catchers her attention suddenly as her ears lay back as she glares at Long with a look could slice a man in half. “You didn't!?!”

As Wakinyan steps though the portal, the first thing his eyes lays upon is his mate looking quite angery. Her eyes glare at him, her wings splayed out slightly ready to take flight or fight. Her tail lashes behind back and forth with a very vicious sway to it. A few tears rolling down her cheeks as he can see the hurt, anger and betrayal she see's in him. Her lips pull back displaying her sharp teeth and a deep threatening snarl showing him she is serious this time around. Yet she makes no move to strike out at him, in some way a part of her still considers him as her mate.

A low, deep growl slowly escapes her lips as words form slowly.. “...You... Left me... Abandon me....” her talons slowly flex as she watches him, some what impressed at his display as her tongue licks over her lips slowly. But yet its her anger, rage feeling of betrayal that is keeping them apart for the moment. “You returned.....” growls even deeper, “Didn't come for me! Left me!” Beings to snarl as she trembles with growing anger, her eyes shifting before his sight becoming more dragon like, an uneasy feeling creeps though the air around her as Long is familiar with this feeling since he experinced it first hand with Talon herself.

There was no fear, his hackles did not rise to the threat. Instead he approached her a paw raised to Long to not stop anything that she might do.

"I did and I ask you forgiveness now my wife, my mate." He moved closer taking a deep breath of her scent and rage. Still far larger than she he made no move to defend himself instead he turned his neck toward, her moving his large frame to embrace her.

"I come for you now." His thunder rumble of words touching at her. "If you seek vengeance then here is my throat you may take my blood to saite your rage. But I still love you SilverTalon and I would much rather give you that."

"Remain calm Silvertalon. He's hear to talk. Do not force me to separate you two." He nods to Wakinyan.

"She's needed you Wakinyan. She's had no one all this time. Sometimes we must walk alone, but we cannot forget those we hold close to us."

"I learned that the hard way once, a long time ago. I don't want to see either of you my friends suffer that."

Silvertalon contuies to growl very deeply, her talons flex slowly as she watches Wakinyan walk slowly closer. His advance showing no fear, a sense of confidence and more. It truly is a strange sight to see as she has never seen him like this before. His voice rumbles softly to her with each word he speaks a strange calming effect washes over her. As that deep growl slowly dies down to a soft growl. Her eyes watch him closely as he offers the underside of his neck to her in trust.

As he draws closer the soft growling deepens once again as she moves suddenly like a wild cat her talons drawn as she displays such speed she is upon wakinyan in a fraction of a moment. Her mouth latches around his neck firmly and yet she does not bite down. Her talons slide behind his forelegs grasping an area that could cause serious damage, if her talons sank into his flesh. Yet he can feel the sharp teeth against the flesh of his neck and talons ready to rip into the tender flesh of his forelegs.

Slowly her jaws release his neck as her muzzle buries deep with into his plumage and nuzzles. The soft sounds of whimpering and sniffles catch his ears as she is crying having missed him so much. Her arms hold him tight to her not wanting to let go, holding him close.

The great creature of Wakan nestled his feral wife in his fur he did not cringe when she lashed out. His eyes where full of sad regret and warm love for the female latched to his hide. He gave her a nuzzle of comfort then turned to Long. "Thank you for bringing this sorrow to a close Master Long."

His lost wife needed his attention and his eyes sparkled with snapping power as he licked at her ears softly. "I cannot take away your tears cried for these long months but the months ahead will not have them I promise."

Rising to his rear feet the majestic Lakota Nova picked up Silvertalon, keeping her cradled against his neck, rubbing her flank gently as he turned toward his friend and teached. "Would you allow me a portal Sensei so I may take her home?"

She just held tightly onto him not wanting to let go, as it seemed to be to real to be true. Her muzzle kept burried into the soft neck fur of her mates body. All the while rubing her hands over his flanks and back. Not wanting to let go thinking it could be a dream, and once she let go he would be gone again.

"P.. please don't leave me again... Please don't let this be a dream!" She softly sobs, having dreamed serval times before and only to be alone when she awoke once again.

Long nodded. "It would be my pleasure, Wakinyan. Tell me, are you still interested in learning to defend your people in your natural form? There is still much I can teach you. Think upon it when you have the time, and get back with me. For now go home and enjoy your family."

He opens a warpgate to Wakinyan's home and allowed them passage. He then closed the gate and returned home. He was satisfied. A broken family had been reunited.

Archived