H.S.O.T.D.I.

AceWildcard

(This is a fan fiction I wrote. Nothing more or less.)

Act One: Prolog
Chapter One: The protagonist
Four figures are on a bungalow patio staring out at a beach into the ocean as well as the sunset. All four are seated in two small round tables with a bottle of water and an apple for their dinner. It’s windows are patch up, and the entrances to it are barricade on all sides. patches of blood stains taint the once elegant wood.
The beach was also tarnish by blood. But unlike the bungalow the beach was litter with dead bodies. All were heavily mutilated. Also unlike the bungalow, the beach was almost red with blood all except a few areas. The area where the beach ended and the sea began was the most unchanged part of the island. The tide of the ocean ebb and flow as it always did in it’s constant rhythmic state making sure that the sand kept it’s color.
“You know they aren’t going to come hunter. No one is out there alive. Looks out there, do you see the cops or the military doing anything. Most likely they are also dead or worse...” A young lady said calm yet cold and blunt to the point.
The lady was of oriental decent. She had eyes like the steel she carried and such gaze was focus on the young man she was talking to. She had a braided (tied, or look for proper term.) black hair that went to her waist. She was 5,5 in length and 150 in pounds with a c cup breast. She was athletic looking with some muscles showing on her clothing. She had on blue jeans and jacket over a white shirt. Both jeans and jacket looked larger on her, but she adjusted them so they could fit to her dimension. She had on black sneakers. At her side was a katana with a red wrapped leather hilt. An small blue backpack was on at her feet.
She had not touch her meal yet. She was deep in a conversation with the young man. The first real one in her view since the whole thing started. So much of the time they were doing task for others to help them survive. Yet she also realized that helping those people also helped them as well. The only time she talked was when giving orders. Something she suspected Hunter did not like. Yet the man was useful to her, she needed as much help as he was going to get. Yet sadly this was what she had to work with.
“I figured that much the first day Kenshin (sword saint. Find out the right Japanese name.). What I don’t get is why there is no signs of the authorities. I have not even seen any bodies of them. That what has me curious that’s all. It could not have been that sudden. No way the whole island was taken over in a single day. Hell we been here for a week and did not see any signs that this shit was going to happen. Where did it start and how did it hit so fast?” Hunter said in a annoy tone.
Hunter was a Caucasian male in his mid teens. He was 5‘5 in length 200 pounds with slightly more muscular then Kenshin but still had a athletic look to him. He had the emerald eye of the forest. He had short neatly cut brown hair which was conceal by a wide brim brown leather cowboy hat. He had on a pair of brown leather boots, as well as camouflage jeans and jacket. Near him, and prop up was a compact bow and a quiver full of arrows. He had a first aid kit strapped to his waist. An k-bar knife was sheath in it’s own handle connected to his belt.
Hunter view Kenshin as a jerk. He did not mind taking orders from a female or from people in general. He was raise to respect his elders as well as others. What he did mind was that Kenshin was at times being a jerk about it, and in his view made some questionable decisions. He wonders if this women was going to get him as well as the others killed.
He did not know about the other two as he only known them recently. Kenshin on the other hand he has known for a few months now. Yet hunter did not speak up much since she got results for the most part without getting anyone killed. Even so there had been a few instances where he felt that there were more close calls then what should have been. He did not know how the others felt as of yet so he kept silent on the matter for now.
“Well why would it not be so hunter? Don’t all the movies and games base on this type of event make everything go to shit within the first minutes if now half of the movie or game? I don’t see why it can not be the same with real life. After all natural disasters can have a similar impact, so why not this?” A young teenage girl said in a child like voice. She was the first to finish their meal.
The girl was also Oriental like Kenshin, but that was all they had in common. She had long dye blond pig tails like that of her favorite anime and magna character. She had blue eyes akin to the ocean she was looking at. She was the shortest and lightest of the group at 4‘0 and 100 pounds with a cup breast. She was also the most agile of the group by far, and more elegant then athletic which made the other surprised when she did move the first time they saw her.
She was dress in a blue blouse with pink heels with long white shocks covering her legs, and a short blue shirt like those a Japanese high schooler would wear to school. She had a small pink backpack on the floor. She had a stick down by the floor that looked broken. The girl knew she had to find something studier soon if she was to survive another day.
Yet she did not let it go too deep into her head. She was glad to be alive. She did not know when she could die so she counted each day as a blessing for now on. She also thanked her three savors for such. Yet they wanted her to stick with them. Said they were like her. She did not know what that meant at first till she realized the harsh truth of the matter. She did not know if she was glad or to be afraid. Even so she keep up the bright and hopeful attitude. Someone had to among them.
“Simple Usagi, this is not some game or movie. This is real life girl, we don’t have a reset button here to reverse anyhing! Do you think your family going or our friends going to come back in a instant like magic! If so then your more mad then what I though you were!" Hunter yell at the girl losing his temper. This made Usagi scared. “You talking too loud, you could make them appear. It’s bad enough we have to be around these rotting corpses, I don’t want to announce our location by your big mouth of yours Hunter.” A deep male voice said to hunter. The voice was not very loud, but the tone made Hunter shut up quickly.
The voice came from the fourth member of the group. By far the toughest looking member of the group. He was also oriental like the girls. Yet unlike them, or Hunter he was heavily muscular and had both the wit and skill to utilize his strength as best as possible. The man was 6‘0, 300 pounds. He had brown eyes and short messy brown hair. He looked the role of some diliquent if one did not know him. He wore a pair of dirty white sneakers with blue jeans and a white t shirt cover by a thick jacket. An actual hammer was at his side with a large backpack laying on the floor.
The man was easily known by hunter and Kenshin as he was in the same grade as them. Yet neither knew much of him except from here say. Yet most of what was said about him was just that, and not the truth about the guy. The young man like hunter and Kenshin also had an nickname which was hammer, but not for the rumors told about him. He had a keen eye and wit to him, and did not speak as much as the others. Even so he helped out and gave advise to the surprise of the others when he view they needed it.
Hammer was enjoy his meal taking it slowly and enjoying his meal. He even like the conversation and the question being asked. It was one that he was thinking of as well. Hunter was the first to address it unless the other people he meet. He may not have been the brightest student at the school, but even he knew something was up. What he did not like was Hunter losing his cool. Something he did occasional in the past with Kenshin. They were rivals more then anything else. He just hopped the two could put that aside for the better of the whole.
Yet hunter blowing up at the new girl surprised even him. The new girl as far as he knew called her self Usagi, yet if that was her real name he did not know. The girl was a lower classman so he did not even knew less about her. Just that her sister and parents came along for the trip. Like the rest of them, they were left behind by others who wanted to save their own skins and figure the group dead. Hammer wonder how ironic it will be if he saw them among the dead. So far only hunter has, and he does not know if Kenshin has either. If she did she did no speak it. Usagi whole family was discover among them though. Yet she is holding up better then what he though.
“Even in a natural disaster there are rescue operations as well as help from local law enforcement or the military Usagi. Yet so far, there has been none. I wonder what happen to them.” Hunter said after he calm down in a much quieter tone. “Probably helping out the people in the city. They may have not just came here yet.” Usagi answer. “I doubt that.” Kenshin said. “Most likely they are hiding or fortified if they are not dead already.” “We don’t know the situation of others, but what we do know if our current situation.” Hammer said.
The others listen in. “We got what we came to get in this area. Even if he had to do it in a criminal way.” Hammer said as he nodded to the two gas cans at the side of the wall. “We should have used some of it to burn those bodies. The stench is sickening.” Hunter said. “Simple we don’t want to attract more of them. The only reason we are even here is that it’s the most safest place at the moment presides our headquarters. Plus we have others we need to take there. We have an person inside who is injured and another who is going to help the person get to the base. I don’t want to be out there right now. There are few lights on, and I do not want to risk an ambush. There are dangerous things out there, that I don’t want to contend with with our current predicament.”
To add to his words, a loud ominous roar was heard in the distance. All could hear it as clear as a bell. None dare to rectify his logic on that matter. They all had face what was behind that roar and knew it was not something they like to face again unless they absolutely needed to. Silence fill the air for a few moment till Kenshin spoke softly.
“We should have left them here and get back to them in the morning.” Kenshin said. “They may not lived the night if we left them alone.” Hunter said. “What if....” Hunter said but was interrupted by Kenshin. “That is a different matter. I was not seriously injured and still could prove useful. One of them could have left the other one behind. We cannot save everyone. I fear that person not long for this world anyways.” “You don’t know that. Plus you have no right to judge a person. For all we know the person can get better.” Hunter said.
“What of those at the base? How long do you think they will be safe? Also how long do you think we can be safe there. The more we can put a distance between us and those things the safer we can be.” Kenshin said, but did not want to say what she knew they were. It was one of those proverbial cat in the bag deals. You knew what it was, but no one was going to say it. Somehow by saying it made it more real for some reason, even when it already was so.
“I do not want to leave anyone behind if we can prevent it. The more people we have the better our chances, you even said that yourself.” Hunter said. “Yes, but I also said that there comes the risk of more exposer to them finding us.” Kenshin said. “Kinda ironic since we are constantly meeting them. If you wanted to not meet them then why are you here?” Usagi asked. “The same reason you are.” Kenshin said. That left them all silent. They knew why they were chosen for the mission. None of them said it out loud, but it was a truth they could not deny. The sounds of screaming is heard in the distance as well as the loud roaring. “We better set up watches. I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.” Hammer said.

Archived