[movie] Chronicle

jameson (ST)

Hard to tell if the entire film will use the "found footage/handheld" shooting style or if that's a marketing thing for the trailer. This looks like an interesting take on the "normal people suddenly get super powers" trope though, and from what the trailer shows it looks like production values are decent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nGcwSDNFcsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree, this looks like it has potential. That said I hope that the movie isn't shot 100% via handy-cam. I think that schtick has been done and was tired out pretty quick. I think It would be better to have scenes start out via the camcorder footage but after a minute or two swap to tradition steady-cam techniques using a more "remote viewer" style which is far more enjoyable to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I read a review of this movie... It does look interesting. Not sure if it's all handi-cam, but they guy using it is a cinephile who likes documenting things, so he has a pretty steady hand and...

Minor Spoiler alert (in case you haven't seen a trailer or commercial for it yet)...

They have telekinesis, who have another way of holding the Cam, so I'm really hoping there isn't any of the vomit-inducing shakiness of the Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield.

Archived