Aberrant RPG - Clone based martial art?

iamthedave

I'm starting to feel like I'm spamming the boards eek

Well I downloaded The New Flesh and I'm loving the content, but it's given me ideas for what to do with combat styles.

One that I thought would be interesting to try and put together would be one based on Clone - or more precisely two fighters working together so something twins might practice. THe only problem there is I'm not sure how to reflect that mechanically in a way that benefits the two fighters for working together without being either a) too weak - so that they'd be more effective alone or B) too powerful.

I was thinking of upping the style bonuses to 2 rather than 1, or enhancing the moves somehow to reflect the pair working in tandem.

On a similar note, trying to come up with something to do with an aerial martial art. The actual maneuvers available to a flying nova are... well a bit crap going by the basic book.

I'm assuming this is for contact combat (melee/brawl/martial arts) and not for ranged combat?

Why don't you make it a specialty that only works when your opponent is fighting only multiple clones of you. So when you're in a situation where two of your clones are fighting one opponent, the specialty kicks in. If you're fighting with someone else, you lose the specialty.

You could do something similar with a group of individuals that are telepathically linked.

There are rules in place already to partially cover teamwork. Consider the rules for flanking or rear attacks, and turn them around a little so that a pair (or more) of people trained in close-fighting together would both enhance those bonuses and negate the bonuses others would get for attempting to flank one of the team.

Additionally, you could have the team-members make a coordinated tactics roll to gain a pool of dice from which to draw during the combat for any maneuvers that require teamwork, like a bait and switch or a feint. This wouldn't replenish until they all spent an action to roll tactics again. That's one way to handle it.

I was more thinking along the lines of using the combat style rules suggested in The New Flesh; I really like them in the principle as a way of separating people who have really practiced and learned a martial art against those who haven't.

Though if I can't come up with something along those lines either of those suggestions would work too.

Any ideas for flying styles? I was thinking maneuver bonuses for aerial slams and strikes, plus extras for general movement in the air, like barrel rolling and such for dodging.

Archived