Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - The Prometheans OpNet Post Board

Blue Thunder

((This is an IC thread where your characters can continue to chat with each other, despite not always being in the same place in-game. It was set up by Synapse the day after the initial meeting in Cuba. It's a private OpNet board for the Proms that Synpase has heavily protected so no one else can access it, besides other Terats that somehow get on, but for the sake of my sanity it will all be kept to this single thread. So basically, just pretend everyone posts in the same single thread.))

((Feel free to bring up whatever your character wants to bring up. During downtime this will be a perfect time to keep yourself entertained until the game is back on, and you can even post here during a Chapter if your character has spare time.))

((You don't have to alter your text color here to match your character's voice. Also remember that you won't be using *inner dialogue* and such like you would in the normal roleplay threads, so ignore the usual posting format, aside from these OOC brackets --> (()). So just type as if this were an actual thread...except your character is at the keyboard, not you.))

BugMan00: I don't get it. Never herd uh dat rule!
The_Creator: The more people that know a secret, the less the temptation is to keep silent about it. I believe there is an aphorism that the best way to keep a secret is between two people when the other one is dead.

Would anyone like to visit Japan? One of my fan club members has extended an open invitation to any nova who wants crash space. If the answer is no, I can't blame you - otaku do have a certain reputation, after all. ::huh

The Colony: Am I the only one having fun watching Horton's group gibber?
The_Creator Indeed not, I am finding it amusing, and somewhat perplexing. The Church of Michael ArchIdiot has virtually no following here in Japan. Yet I was somewhat under the impression that the more fundamental churches in America frequently have their leaders caught with the 'underage' in sexual trysts. So how is it a surprise?

Light_Of_Mal: There seems to be an inordinate amount of pederasty scandals breaking in the United States of America. Enough that many groups, including the Church of Michael Archangel, are bringing up the drastic rise and pointing to nova trickery. I originally thought Narcosis was behind this one (she's pulled acts like this before), but she hasn't claimed responsibility yet, and that is uncharacteristic for her. Perhaps this one is real. It is hard to tell. If this is truly something endemic to the US, I fear for your nation, King Cobra.

MetalManiac: I don't know if anyone is really behind it. Baselines are easily corrupted by power (thats not to say the one race cant be swayed...but we aren't the subject right now), and they have been doing this for a long time. I think a baseline once said everything goes in cycles, and I think the USA is about at the fall of Rome right now. Ripe to be tore down and rebuilt? I dont know...

Colony: We'll just have to see where Horton turns up next, if he does.
The_Creator: This is one of those few situations where nova involvement would almost certainly be worse than non-involvement. Even a whiff of nova activity with that Reverend being apprehended would be enough to send the bebbling hordse on a new campaign of bombings, mud-tossing, and pamphleteering. Having been pamphleteered once at an art convention in Los Angeles, I can say that that once is enough.

The Colony: I'm still recovering from Envy telling me that "Bob" really was my pre-nova name.

Heretic: That's a good sign. If we can get more Terats to acknowlegde and even empathize with their original latent stage, we will gain further support for our cause. Winston Churchil once said that those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it. If only more of our kind showed such wisdom.

Light_Of_Mal: I guess this is a good time to ask: What plans do we have for after the raid, besides Envy's spectacle? I plan on deepening my contacts in South America, but I also want to establish a power base in India. With the exception of Sin-Eater's Purity Clinic and Narcosis' home in Mumbai, the Teragen have little influence. The Indian population generally hates Utopia and worships novas. What more could the Prometheans ask for?

Light_Of_Mal: I guess this is a good time to ask: What plans do we have for after the raid, besides Envy's spectacle?...

The Colony: I'm torn between two goals. One is getting our clinic up and running. The second is serving as an emissary with some of the other factions; going out making contacts, that sort of thing.

The Colony: I'm torn between two goals. One is getting our clinic up and running. The second is serving as an emissary with some of the other factions; going out making contacts, that sort of thing.

Heretic: I don't see any reason why we couldn't do both at the same time...

Heretic: Colony, Im not clear on your question...did you intend to open the clinic personally? I think we should hold off on that idea until we know the outcome of our current ops, but even should their outcome prove favorable there will still be alot of work to get done between now and then. I also think you will make an excellent emmisary...

The Colony: An Emissary is a representative. Sort of like an ambassador. We are the new faction, it'd be nice if we had the chance to sell our position to the other factions. Let them know that we are real and serious and not poseurs. Maybe even talk a few into joining our point of view.

Light_Of_Mal: I guess this is a good time to ask: What plans do we have for after the raid, besides Envy's spectacle? I plan on deepening my contacts in South America, but I also want to establish a power base in India. With the exception of Sin-Eater's Purity Clinic and Narcosis' home in Mumbai, the Teragen have little influence. The Indian population generally hates Utopia and worships novas. What more could the Prometheans ask for?
The_Creator: While Japan is not ideal territory for the Teragen, given the presence of Nippontai, Kuro-Tek, and Directive agents, I am for the first time attempting to strengthen my ties to the baselines who follow my art. While I doubt they will be useful for establishing a secondary base of operations, they could make effective drones and distractions. Sadly, this will take some time.

• 3 months later...

Archived