Aberrant: Prometheans Unbound - Fiction

Blue Thunder

I have another idea.

I was against the idea of awarding XP for fiction, but now I'm thinking of awarding temp Chrysalis instead. Since player-fiction will likely focus on personal issues that have little or no bearing on the main story (though, some can have everything to do with the main story, if you want), and would focus on evolving the character, it makes sense to me.

If you're going to do fiction for your character, PM the fiction to me first. I'll just give it a quick one-over. I can't say I'd ever approve of fiction where your character kills Caestus Pax, destroys New York, and then manages to convince both Ragarockette and Ana Graca into an awesome threesome. Mostly, I'll just see if the fiction contradicts something from the game.

Also, if you want me to incorporate elements of your fiction into the main game, ask me about it. Otherwise I'll likely leave your fiction seperate from the main story, so you can develop it seperately. Changes to your character will be permanent though...like if you type a fiction story where you dye your hair, or get cosmetic surgery, or recieve some kind of bad injury or aberration, it'll come up in the main story.

Also, all of each players's fiction should be in a single thread just for their character. So, each player has their own fiction thread (if they make fiction) and doesn't make a new thread for every fiction entry.

But this does bring up two issues: journal fiction and background fiction.

If the fiction is just you recollecting something from your past, like developing your character's background more by telling how he erupted, obviously it won't accrue you temp Chrysalis. It happened in the past, and I won't "retcon" you some temp Chrys for something that already passed (especially if it was from your baseline life).

Journal entries won't get you temp Chrys either; they're thoughts and recollections of your day (or week, or whatever). And journal entries are likely to be much shorter and more frequent than other fiction.

In both of these cases, I'll probably award small XP bonuses. Small bonuses, mind you. A lot of XP is already gained in-game and during downtime.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Glaring errors?

• 1 month later...

Archived