Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 6: Our Alien Overlords

BlueNinja

Hmmm...xp, eh?

So we have two new players now, very cool. The Mask had some hilarious moments (Witless Worm! ::laugh ) but I checked and it was technically before the start of this episode. So...I am going to give my vote for Zhenglai. Cottus has been incredibly thorough and detailed in his posting, and even though much of it tends to be more "in-his-head" style narrative, it is nonetheless entertaining and fascinating to read. He also got brownie points for his creative quoting of the Tao Te Ching as well as for playing the old (well, ancient) man and in so doing giving a sense of perspective to this brash young team. Cottus, Well Done! ::smile

Since Archer can't throw the decision into a tie, Zhenglai wins the trailer! So write one up and enjoy your extra 1XP.

We then get to handing out the monetary bonuses!

Mission Complete: $8,000 each.

With knowledge of the Meklar: +$8,000 each.

With Psylon technical knowledge: +$10,000 each.

Without star maps: $0. Nobody thought to ask for it.

Leaving you guys with $26,000 for this episode. Not bad!

Everyone gets 4 XP for this episode.

Zhenglai won the trailer! He also did a fairly good job of playing out his Saint and Visionary concept and nature, even if it caused some friction with his teammates. So I'll award him 2 XP, for a total of 7 XP.

Simon, our other new guy, did more in his intro than in this episode, so I can only award 1 XP for his Quantum Summoner and Architect. He gets a total of 5 XP.

Paul did his usual good job of living up to his Force of Nature and Survivor, pointing out specifically that aliens cannot be trusted to respond like humans. I give 2 XP, for a total of 6 XP.

Jonathan received 1 OMFG XP for his triple-botch on 8 Willpower. He also did a better job of living up to his Caregiver this time around, and handled his botch well, so I'll award 2 XP, for a total of 7 XP.

Esteban Seeker and Explorer did him in this time, showing him quite a bit of the darker side of himself. I'll also award him 2 XP, for a total of 6 XP.

Brandt sadly did not post much in this episode, so I cannot award more than 1 XP. Still, the dice liked him, as he was the only PC without Psychic Shield to avoid Domination. Total of 5 XP.

Ash also received 1 OMFG XP from the training thread for triple-botching his Luck roll. His overconfidence and Daredevil actually kept him out of the fire for a bit, as he made his own way across, so I'll give 2 XP for a total of 7 XP.

Theo managed to luck out against the Psylons by the skin of her teeth, and then somewhat retreated into her Hermit concept. I'll award 2 XP for a total of 6 XP.

And there we have it! Trailer, XP spends, and please post IC or PM your Fearless Leader (that'd be Jonathan) for how long you want the next break to be. Hopefully we can have the next episode kicked off by this time next week.

Okay, here we go, this is a long one so watch out! ::ohmy

Announcer (V.O.): On the next episode of Trans-D

Go To Main Title (Trans-D)

Announcer (V.O.): The team is sent to investigate the origins of an ancient and mysterious New World.

Michal (V.O.): Walter managed by accident to find a stable world that split off almost twenty-five thousand years ago. This seems to be the limit of the gate at the present time

Go to: Ext. Scene: Panoramic view of fields with crops out to the horizon where hills are visible. A group of Drone Workers are visible in the distance working among the crops. One of the SGE Remotes is visible in the foreground. Off to one side is a slightly unusual looking tower and another, similar tower, is visible in the distance. Soft, ominous music plays in the background.

Announcer (V.O.): While new faces are introduced…

Go to: Int. Scene: Briefing Room: As The Obsidian Mask walks in and crosses his arms.

Announcer (V.O.): …and old friends are lost.

Switch to: Body Shot: Eli: visible from the waist up, turned partially away from the camera as if about to walk away, with a troubled look on his face.

Announcer (V.O.): And a ghost from the recent past returns…

Go to: flashback: Int.: Library: Communist World: An obviously dead Zhenglai sits slumped in a chair.

Cut to: Int.: SGE Gymnasium: Guo Zhenglai walking towards Kevin with a sword strapped over his shoulder, then stopping and bowing formally. Then cut out to a wide shot of the team seated in the Briefing Room with shocked looks on their faces.

Announcer (V.O.): …with secrets that may prove to be the Team’s undoing.

Go to: Ext. Scene: SGE Offices: shot of Zhenglai stepping out of a glowing hole in the air into the parking lot of the SGE building.

Michal (V.O.): This is Guo Zhenglai. He knew about this program, and the alien fleet…

Switch to: Ext: a Starlit Backdrop with Zhenglai standing in the foreground, looking up into the sky as stars wink out one by one. The silhouette of a massive, shadowy shape is visible against the stars.

Switch to: Int.: Briefing Room: close up of Michal speaking, with an intense look on his face.

Michal: …before I told him.

Michal glances around the room with a grim smile.

Michal: I'm letting him on the team, because I have my suspicions of who a possible leak might be.

Announcer (V.O.): Is there a traitor in Trans-D?

Cut to: Ext.: Outside Deck: Esteban and Ash standing near each other in the foreground, both casting sidelong glances about them in a suspicious manner.

Esteban: So tell me what you had in mind Senior Phoenix…

Ash: That is something best told away from prying ears.

Ash casts a knowing glance towards one of Athena’s sensors before continuing.

Ash (Contd.): Not that I don’t trust my Employer’s computer, but I like a certain amount of privacy. Don't worry, though.

Switch to: Int.: Cafeteria: Jonathan sitting with The Obsidian Mask and Guo Zhenglai. He has a concerned look on his face.

Jonathan: We have someone with superior intuition on the team, but he's a little.... self centered, so his intuition only tells him whether or not he's in any danger. It'll be nice to have someone around who can keep the rest of the team safe as well.

Cut to: Int.: Hallway: SGE Offices: The Obsidian Mask and Zhenglai are walking and talking to each other. The camera switches to a close up of The Mask.

Obsidian Mask: So what do you think about all this ancient one.

Switch to: Close up: Zhenglai.

Zhenglai (with an ominous look): I think it will bring death and tragedy….

Announcer (V.O.): Will the alien threat’s secrets finally be revealed or will the team fall to a hidden menace?

Switch to: Ext. Scene: Doyen compound with drone workers milling about in the background. Esteban, Paul, and an obviously distressed Theo are in the foreground along with another drone worker who is addressing them with a disturbing, placid look on its face.

Drone Worker: You will all follow me. You will answer our questions.

Cut to: Int. Scene: Alien Interrogation Room: We get a brief view of a shocking alien form before the camera switches back to the Obsidian Mask standing with a menacing air about him looking at Paul who has just entered with a worried look on his face.

The Obsidian Mask: Greetings, Mr. Blue. The interrogation of the party will commence shortly.

Close up: Paul: with a shocked expression on his face.

Cut to: Wide shot: the team is looking off camera at something with frightened and awed expressions on their faces.

Ominous Alien Voice (coming from off camera): You will tell us where you have come from. You will tell us why you have disrupted our communications network. You will tell us how some of the others have resisted our control.

Dramatic, heart-pounding music begins as Scene changes rapidly between:

Int.: Doorway with hallway in background: Zhenglai is close in the foreground looking off camera with an almost wild look in his eyes:

Zhenglai: What do you know of the Demons who consume the stars?

Ext.: Alien World: Close up: Esteban with a look of near panic on his face as he shouts:

Esteban: Zhenglai! Something just tried to influence my mind!

Int.: Doorway with Zhenglai again:

Zhenglai: Do you know they come here? …

Close up: Theo’s face sideways in the screen, blood is coming out of her nose.

Theo: Wha...?...get out...

Suddenly she clamps her hands over her head and begins to turn invisible while screaming:

Theo: GET OUT! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Int.: Doorway with Zhenglai again:

Zhenglai: …For you?

Cut back to: Int.: Alien Interrogation Room: The Obsidian Mask points angrily off screen.

The Obsidian Mask: You do understand I am here because you promised no harm would come to me. It would be smart not to alter that arrangement!

Scenes continue to switch rapidly:

Cut to: Int.: Gymnasium: wide shot of Kevin and Zhenglai fighting. Both are moving at an incredibly fast pace and neither seems to be giving any ground. Suddenly Zhenglai’s hand slips past Kevin’s defenses and swipes him casually across the nose, leaving Kevin with a surprised look on his face.

Switch to: Ext.: Alien World: Wide shot of a huge, glowing, angelic being with six enormous wings scooping up two unidentifiable people before leaping into the air and off camera.

Back to: Int.: Gymnasium: same wide shot of Kevin and Zhenglai fighting, only this time they have weapons: Kevin has a staff while Zhenglai has a sword. Zhenglai is fiercely attacking Kevin who seems to be holding his own until:

Camera cuts to behind and looking over Zhenglai’s shoulder as Kevin confidently sweeps aside one of his blows, even laughing as he does so. However, almost faster than the camera can follow, Zhenglai flicks his sword back up and around his staff in a deadly arc as Kevin looks on with dismay. The scene cuts out just before the sword would impact with Kevin’s neck.

Cut to: Ext.: Orchards: Zhenglai is on his knees with his face to the ground while Jonathan, Paul, and Esteban stare down at him with stern expressions.

As the first Gymnasium Scene cues up the Announcer speaks up:

Announcer (V.O.): Be sure to catch the next episode of Trans-D, because everything you know is about to change…

Camera fades briefly to black and Zhenglai’s voice can be heard reciting in a hypnotic voice:

Zhenglai (V.O.): All in the world recognize the beautiful as beautiful.

Switch to: Ext.: Alien World: Fields. The strange tower is in the background behind Theo:

Close up: Theo: She looks around with a nervous and confused look on her face.

Theo: No voices. Just....

Camera jumps back as she suddenly jerks and fall to the ground.

Zhenglai (V.O.): Herein lies ugliness.

Fade to: Ext.: a Starlit Backdrop with the entire team, including Michal, standing, looking up into the sky as stars wink out one by one. The silhouette of a massive, shadowy shape is visible against the stars.

Zhenglai (V.O.): All recognize the good as good.

The camera swings around to a side view of Michal as he looks up into the sky with a blank look on his face and says:

Michal: They’re here…

The others standing nearby turn to look at him with expressions that are quickly turning from confusion to alarm.

The camera suddenly jumps back to show the whole team again for a brief instant, until bolts of energy suddenly rip down from above and explosions quickly fill the screen.

Cut to Black

Zhenglai (V.O.): Herein lies evil.

And there you go.

Some of the stuff isn't from the online posting, but is instead from the offline introduction that me and Shade Sentinal went through. Some of it is also from the "official" visions that BN has come up with for Zhenglai. Everything else is just creative editing of actual posts. Hope you enjoy. ::biggrin

Archived