Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 5: You've Got to Be Kidding Me

BlueNinja

Ok folks, another exciting world come and past. Sadly, nobody won any OMFG XP this time around, so better luck next time!

You completed the mission! +$10,000 for everyone.

You left no evidence behind. No penalty.

You engaged in no combat with KGB novas. No bonus.

So, on to the awarding of the XP and the vote. This was a rather short episode, so everyone gets 3 automatic XP.

Paul did a good job with his Survivor Nature, wanting to ensure that everyone took no risks. He was also a callous bastard when the librarian died, which sort of matches his Force of Nature, so I'll award 2XP, for a total of 5XP.

Jonathan showed his Caretaker Nature when he wanted to show some respect for the dead. He didn't get to play out the Pagan part, but he did have to suffer through wearing normal clothes, so I'll also award 2XP, for a total of 5XP.

Esteban decided to go out exploring anyway, and tried to open Paul's eyes to the secrets of the universe, which fulfill his Seeker and Explorer decently. I'll give him a total of 5XP also.

Brandt didn't post much, but he was the one who found the information the fastest in the library. I'll give him 1XP for his Architect nature, for a total of 4XP.

Ash tried to take his Luck for a ride, but got outvoted by the rest of the party. Still, he managed to steal a newspaper and break in to the library, so I'll give him 2XP, for a total of 5XP.

Theo showed both her Hermit and Survivor nature with her fretting about being discovered, both at the gas station and with the corpse, so I'll give her 2XP for a total of 5XP.

Ok, XP has been recorded! Make the vote for the trailer, and PM or post your purchases.

This was kind of an odd episode....not much really happened (though I swear we would have gotten into more interesting situations had we gone to the hotel....there was so much stuff we could mine for adventure if we....well, wanted to get more in depth and adventurous on these worlds...)

Everyone aquit themselves well in character but again, no one had the chance to really shine given the brevity in both length and scope.

I vote for Jonathan to do the Trailer, mostly cuz I dont think he has and everyone should get a turn. If I need a justification I will say that he acted well as a leader and moderator and managed to keep Ash in line....I really was surprised that the daredevil didn't tear off in spite just to have fun...

Actually, I think I did the episode one trailer? Saved us from some giant cockroaches or something. But I'll gladly accept your vote! *slaps a "Vote for Jonathan!" sticker on Skylion*

I agree though, this episode wasn't long enough for anyone to really shine. I think I'm going to vote for Paul for his anti-Communist propoganda.

For some reason I thought it went (in order of episodes) Paul, Brandt, Theo and Esteban....

maybe Archer should do it (if he hasn't yet)...

No, it's for whoever you thought did a really good job.

I like Brandt's costume - it showed thought. Plus he brought chocolate.

Paul I think did really well too. I love the bit with the gold coin in the pawn shop and his knowledge of all things communist.

Esteban's posts were very good and I loved how he got instructive at times.

Jonathan did a great job at leading. We all survived - but he should have looked up the library address when he had the phone book.

Ash was great at pushing the envelope - b&e, newspaper theft, shoplifting....

hmm - I vote for... Archer.

*hides candy wrapper*

;)

The bonus is *not* engaging in combat with KGB novas. That was Paul’s plan all along.

Paul did a good job with his Survivor Nature, wanting to ensure that everyone took no risks.

Exactly.

He was also a callous bastard when the librarian died, which sort of matches his Force of Nature…

The Lion does not mourn the Antelope.

For having more trade goods than Paul, I vote for Theo.

RE: Communism

IC the Communists are big on socialized medicine, which involves paying doctors very little for their services. This is not a good thing from Paul’s point of view.

OOC I have an econ degree, am a big fan of economics, and am married to a native of the East Block, so I have a fair amount of experience with the theoretical and practical effects of communism. Paul actually understated the case against them by a lot. For example most communistic countries have issues with starvation because food doesn’t get allocated correctly. The purer the communism they have, the bigger the problems. North Korea reportedly has problems with cannibalism.

OOC I have an econ degree, am a big fan of economics, and am married to a native of the East Block, so I have a fair amount of experience with the theoretical and practical effects of communism. Paul actually understated the case against them by a lot. For example most communistic countries have issues with starvation because food doesn’t get allocated correctly. The purer the communism they have, the bigger the problems. North Korea reportedly has problems with cannibalism.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. If I'd started taking econ classes earlier I probably would have minored in it (only would have taken two more classes, but I couldn't fit them into my schedule), so I know plenty about the failings of communism. I'm a libertarian, so you're not going to hear me praising communism any time soon.

Ok folks, another exciting world come and past. Sadly, nobody won any OMFG XP this time around, so better luck next time!

You completed the mission! +$10,000 for everyone.

You left no evidence behind. No penalty.

So, on to the awarding of the XP and the vote. This was a rather short episode, so everyone gets 3 automatic XP.

Theo showed both her Hermit and Survivor nature with her fretting about being discovered, both at the gas station and with the corpse, so I'll give her 2XP for a total of 5XP.

Ok, XP has been recorded! Make the vote for the trailer, and PM or post your purchases.

5 XP + 4 XP saved up is 9 XP. I think I'd like to spend 6 XP on my fourth point for Linguistics and 2 XP on my first point of Weave. I'll decide purchases when I hear the next mission profile.

The bonus is *not* engaging in combat with KGB novas. That was Paul’s plan all along.

I mean, you get no hazard pay / combat bonuses for getting in a fight with other novas. That's all. On the upside, you didn't have to worry about the very real possibility of dying.

Bahamut? You can't vote for yourself. You have to vote for who else impressed you during the episode.

Archer? Still waiting for a vote.

5XP + 4XP saved up is 9XP. I think I'd like to spend 6XP on my fourth point for Linguistics and 2XP on my first point of Weave. I'll decide purchases when I hear the next mission profile.

I forgot about the 6XP from Sunshine I've got saved up so I want to use it to buy my 4th point of Engineering. I have 3XP left over to spend on Weave but BN pointed out I've really not been practicing it yet so until I get some training I'll just hold onto the 3XP.

I mean, you get no hazard pay / combat bonuses for getting in a fight with other novas. That's all. On the upside, you didn't have to worry about the very real possibility of dying.

Bahamut? You can't vote for yourself. You have to vote for who else impressed you during the episode.

Archer? Still waiting for a vote.

Bah! Tell you guys what...whoever changes their vote to Ash will get my vote.

Ugh...sorry for my tardiness, been busy with Pre-Calc. Asymptotes, huzzah!

For me, it's a toss-up between Ash and Esteban, so I think I'll actually flip a coin. (Does indeed get up from kitchen table, grab a coin from the junk drawer, aaaaaaand....)

Vote goes to Esteban this time. Both he and Ash were irritating Brandt throughout the mission, which I find requires solid roleplaying. That is, to annoy my character specifically, and not the player instead. ::biggrin

Now, on a separate note, who here can explain Partial Fraction Decomposition to me, in simple terms? My math teacher's notes SUCK.

er...uh, thats not what I meant...I mean...I did the trailer last time....can I give it to Archer or Bahamut? I mean if Ash can say he'll vote for who votes for him...I was just joking since I didnt think it was fair to trade votes like that... ::unsure

*scurries away from spotlight*

(Not that I mind the extra xp mind you, but Id almost rather save my trailer-editing chops for a more meaty mission...I really didnt think Id win the vote!)

Beh...Just because its illegal for canidates to directly pay for votes in the USA dosen't mean I cant do it.

You only brought this one on yourself Estiban.

Unless Anon changes his vote...then I guess its a multi-way tie if you dont vote for Ash since I cant vote for Ash. And I will have to change my vote to be a damned tie breaker...

But my deal still stands...You the taker Estiban?

Alright...a day late, but at least your getting it.

*Announcer*

This week on SuperGeeks...Ash finally goes off the deep end...

*cut to Ash sitting at the SGE meeting table*

"Its time to kick some Commie-Nazi ass!"

*Announcer*

And finally begins his life of crime...

*Cut to scenes of Ash stealing the pearl box*

*Announcer*

Can the team reel him in before he goes too far?

*Cut to scene of Ash briskly walking past Theo outside of an old Pawn shop*

"We need to split up guys..."

*Announcer*

We can only hope...

*Cut to scene of Johnathan looking stern*

"We are going to stay here..."

Meh...a screenwriter I am not.

Archived