- Rules specific to the game

- Posting etiquette

-Other related issues

House Rules...

Banned powers/enhancements:

- Robust (Aberrant Compendium)

- Pretercognition (Aberrant)

Posting formats...

For normal text, there is no format. This is for character actions and descriptions, mostly.

Example:

Bob paced back and forth.

For speech, use quotation marks.

Example:

"I have an idea..."

For inner dialogue (thinking to oneself) use quotation marks with italicized text.

Example:

"Crap, they're gonna kill me now."

For telepathic speech (and other forms of nonverbal communication), use these brackets: <>

Example:

<Hey, get your ass over here!>

For OOC text, use double parantheses.

Example:

((Do I recover Willpower for this?))

To respond to another character's text or to a situation, quote that text and then respond below it.

Example:

<Hey, get your ass over here!>

"Don't rush me!"

Anything else to add in to this?

Text colors...

I've noticed in the other games (or the few I looked at) that every character has their own text color to better help tell who is who. Our board names don't match our character names, after all. There are 9 of us, so this is helpful.

But do we only color the dialogue of the characters, or everything they type? I'm thinking most of what they type (aside from OOC stuff and quote box stuff) should be colored.

Opinions? Additions?

Alright then, this'll be my color. The hex code is 0055FF, which isn't quite a match for anything in the quick color bar. Coincidently, this is also the approximate color of Leiko's aura.

Personally, I think that only spoken text, and/or telepathy, should be colored. Regular text and OOC comments should be regular black text.

I typically do it like this.

Oh crap, I thought, I need to start studying for Orgo stat. Then tiny Divis Mal appeared on my shoulder and said, "**** Orgo, instead you should write up an introduction for your character and change his character sheet so he makes sense in this game!" And I was like, "Where's shoulder Scripture?" Then Scripture's telepathic voice said, <Oh man, you should totally do it.>

King Cobra will probably speak in gray or violet. His alter ego will speak in whichever one he doesn't.

I know 9 players is more than 6 primary colors so there'll need to be some overlap, but we now have three players on different shades of purple.. ::unsure

We do? ::confused I knew about Bahamut, but what are the others?

I should interject here that I'm moderately colorblind, specifically in the blue-purple shades, so I'm probably just not seeing it. If the color I chose is one of the problem colors, I'll re-choose.

Well, I was going to do purple for nova speech and gray for baseline alter ego, but I'll jump out of the purple club and do gray for King Cobra and dark blue for baseline alter ego.

Yeah, I'm definitely colorblind.... ::glare both of the colors you've chosen look exactly the same to me. ::happy

How about these for the colors?

SkyLion - orange (FF6600)

Alex Green - dark green (006600)

Phoenix - dark blue (000099)

Blue Ninja - light blue (0055FF)

Bahamut810 - blue-violet (6600CC)

Shade Sentinel - brown (663300)

Archer - dark red (990000)

Cottus Centimane - light green (33CC00)

Fox - violet (CC33CC)

All of these can be found in the color text drop-box. Except Blue Ninja's. But then he has to go and be different!

Fox - violet (CC33CC)

All of these can be found in the color text drop-box. Except Blue Ninja's. But then he has to go and be different!

I don't like my color. ::glare

(makes me feel like my eyes are crossing) ::wacko

But if it makes things easier for the group, I guess I'll live.... ::rolleyes

Fox - violet (CC33CC)

Hmm. I think you got these from colors we have used before.

So the Colony is the color of growing plants... I could live with that.

Unfortunately shapeshift doesn't really have a color and anything that goes with his "blends into the background" theme is going to be difficult to read.

Well, as long as everyone else seems to be abandoning the picked color-scheme, I'll take the violet assigned to Fox (since he said he'd take orange) and Shade can happily take my lime-green color (or stick with brown, whichever he prefers). Violet was going to be my color-scheme for power-effects anyways, 'til I changed it 'cuz it seemed like everyone wanted a purple....Hmm. On second thought I'm going to take this color (CC16CC). It's similar to BN's in that it's not on the color-box, so will hopefully avoid confusion.

Oh sure, I'm saddled with a color I hadn't accepted until this moment!! I originally claimed green but since SKy lion can't post without my color...it is his.

I'll Take BROWN.

On a side note, I love how much a big deal this has become. We Rule! ::brick

Nah...keep your slimy snot green....Im going for the dark green...

maybe if we boycott, they'll put a larger color box in. Then we can each have, like, 5 or 6 different colors for each one of us! Imangine the possibilities!

Seriously though, I'm sorry I said anything.

[note to self: next time just take the lime-green, you idiot ::glare ::blush ]

Eh, no one knows what The Colony looks like, but the name suggests it is composed of many different things, so that could be *part* of it.

Alex's character could very well be The Colony from Trinity. Or maybe he was blamed for something and a case of mistaken identity ensued and another nova was given the name. Who knows?

Archived