Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 4: Sunlight

Sweet deal, Brandt can use the money.

My vote goes for Theo this time around, the character really seems to be growing and expressing herself more. It's always nice to see development like that.

I'd like to give kudos to Alex and Skylion as well for their little contest, gave us all an interesting look into the way their characters think.

I'd like to give kudos to Alex and Skylion as well for their little contest, gave us all an interesting look into the way their characters think.
Thank you. Because of that, and considering I got his money and the overall level of "fairness" of the test, I think I'll vote for Skylion.

This is a more difficult choice, nobody stood out in quite the same way that they did in previous missions. I'm tempted to give the points to Esteban for setting off the trap, or Ash for making the gun blow up in his face, or maybe Brandt for helping Paul cheat. ^_^

Despite not listening to my suggestions and attempting to lengthen the mission, I think I will have to give my vote to Esteban this time.

Well Theo is always so unbearably cute, trying to get the computer to communicate and all, though she won last episode. Ash is uncompromisingly himself, though I agree with the statement above that this mission was too short and narrow for us to really shine all that much. Anon, It wasn't so much that I was trying to extend the mission as that Esteban really is an explorer so the prospect of more to do on any world will entice him. In other words, you can expect him to want to turn over just one more stone.

*Ahem* Anyways...I vote for Alex for being a sneaky %^&*&* uh, er...I mean player! ::tongue ::happy

Well Theo is always so unbearably cute, trying to get the computer to communicate and all, though she won last episode. Ash is uncompromisingly himself, though I agree with the statement above that this mission was too short and narrow for us to really shine all that much. Anon, It wasn't so much that I was trying to extend the mission as that Esteban really is an explorer so the prospect of more to do on any world will entice him. In other words, you can expect him to want to turn over just one more stone.

*Ahem* Anyways...I vote for Alex for being a sneaky %^&*&* uh, er...I mean player! ::tongue ::happy

Esteban really came out in this one, I'm voting for him.

Looks like Esteban wins, so I don't have to decide whether to vote for him or Paul. I know you guys can barely tell, but I do read this thread whenever I can, and the contest was a great way to add detail to the cave mission.
Actually, if both you and Bahamut vote for Paul Blue, then it's a tie between Paul and Esteban. So I'm not letting you get off that easy! ::tongue

I think I'll vote for Paul, if for no other reason then to see what we do in even of a tie ;).
Well, since both players impressed me about equally, and I can't have them do Rock-Paper-Scissors (which is how I got an extra XP in last Friday's game ::happy ), it's a roll off!

Paul rolls: 7

Esteban rolls: 8

Esteban wins!

For the successful completion of this mission, all players get 4 automatic XP.

Esteban did an excellent job of living up to his Seeker and Explorer concept and natures this time around. So I'll give him 3XP, for a total of 8 XP for the shifter.

Paul earned 1 OMFG XP this time around. His Force of Nature was well played out, and all the PMs about the contest amused the heck out of me, so I'm giving him 2XP for a total of 7XP.

Jonathan did a decent job of going through both his Pagan and Caregiver, with praying for answers and trying to ensure that nobody got hurt exploring the cave. I'll award 2XP for a total of 6XP.

Eli I'd like to give more XP to, but he didn't post much this episode. 1XP for a total of 5XP.

Brandt wasn't exactly a Protector with his helping rig the contest, but his Architect side was better pronounced with the careful extraction of the remains. He also got 1 OMFG XP for a botch (on 11 dice! Really WTF?) Another 2XP for a total of 7XP.

Ash did a good job with his Lucky part, since bad luck can sometimes be just as important. I'll give him 2XP for a total of 7XP.

Theo got to put her skills to much better use this time, and getting out of the cave to more 'civilized' surroundings is indulging the Survivor part, though not the Hermit. Still, I'll give 2XP for a total of 6XP.

There we have it folks! Esteban, an episode trailer please, though Paul especially feel free to do another one. As always, PM or posts here if you want to buy something.

{TV trailer: Episode 4: Sunlight.}

Narrator: "Their leader continues to decay…"

Shot of the opening mission meeting with Michal talking and his music playing…

Narrator: "In a world from the distance past… "

Shot of Michal at the briefing saying, “…this world broke off before the time of the last major ice age…. That’s a break of fifteen thousand years." Quick break to another shot of Michal also at the briefing saying, “…Those stairs were made between five and six thousand years ago”

Narrator: "This time the mission takes them deep underground…"

Shot of Michal saying, “…they're still 'living' caves. That means that water is still going through them.”

Shot of Paul looking above him into the darkness. He says, “I think we're maybe two hundred feet down”

Another shot of Paul looking above him into the darkness. He says, “I sense fish above us.”

Narrator: "Where they encounter mysteries… "

Shot of Estaban emerging from the other side of the cave in below the lake/pond.

Shot of Estaban, Paul, & Ash at the cave in. Estaban says, “…at least two humanoids buried here”.

Shot of the “Crater” and its walls.

Shot of the Mapping device looking at the (Dark) Earth

Shot of the “door” with Eli & Theo puzzling over the symbols.

Narrator: "And Danger… "

Shot of Ash’s crystal gun blowing up. ::nuclear

Shot of Estaban being thrown back from the door with some great special effects. ::nuclear ::nuclear ::nuclear

Words only Narration on a black background:

"On the next Trans-D"

Fade in: brass instruments playing ominous tones as the camera sweeps up above the treeline showing a silouhetted form hovering a few feet above the canopy.

The camera continues sweeping up and over until the full circumfrence and size of the valley can be seen.

Abruptly the camera dives toward the trees, the music intensifies, passing through the forest and then the earth, with a "tunneling" type CGI that emerges into blackness. The music stops dead

Heartbeat sounds accompany each shot, fading in and out, with the pace building in intensity,

of the Trans-Ders emergeing into the cave, headlamps and flashlights send beams into the darkness onto damp walls.

of shocked faces in the background/below illuminated by glowing pulsing crystals in the foreground/overhead,

closup of Brandts hand rotating a human skull to face the camera,

of spider-web-like tendrils pulling Esteban up into the geode. His form is again silohuetted by the glow making it look like some ominous alien thing.

of Theos face illuminated by a crystal PDA, her eyes wide.

of Paul disappearing,

then Esteban disapearing,

then the group walking up the stairs,

close up of examining glowing sigils on the rock,

A glowing plasma creature floating up to the awed faces of the others

and then at the crescendo of the pulsing heartbeat, a silent shockwave explosion slamming the group back.

Blackness. The sound of breathing, scared.

From the blackness, words appear, expanding, then fading out.

"Episode 4"

"Sunlight"

Estebans voice-over, with a dangerous edge: "Want to play in the dark?"

Archived