Adventure! RPG - Will Mastery

Slagheap

So, one of my players recently asked me if I would allow her to buy a master for her will stat. Now, as this is not expressly in the rules my knee jerk reaction is to say no and be done with it. But, the question did get me thinking. If there were such a thing what effect might it have?

In truth I am at a loss. Assuming I can come up with a reasonable effect, I think I'll let her have it. (her character is pretty much all will and nothing else, so it does make a kind of sense.) What do you think?

-Slag

Er, belay my last. Maybe I should pay more attention to which forum I'm posting in and not give you advice for novas. ::blush

The Iron Will merit (in either Ab or Trin PGs) lets you pay a point of Willpower to shrug off effects of things like Mega-Social enhancements and Telepathic tampering. For A! I'd assume it'd let you ignore things like telepathic Mesmerist skills and Stalwart social meddling.

Iron will also appears in the TPG under the name "Centered."

I still haven't come up with much for a possible Will Master (game is on hold right now, so I have a little time to think about it). One thought I have had, is to allow the spending of two will at once, instead of just two. But, I'm not sure if this would be unbalancing. I'll have to thing some more.

-Slag

Archived