Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 3: Hero Worship

Ok, XP voting will take place soon (that means not until I actually post in the IC thread for the end of the episode), but in the meantime, here's a quick list of what you accomplished:

Mission Complete: ::happy

Sending back alien fleet images: ::happy

-- Single bonus: to Theo, for drawing them

Halting Axis-Clio war: Without bloodshed ::happy

Convincing the Conclave of the alien threat: ::happy

Objectives not completed:

Halting Axis-Clio war: With bloodshed

Escalating war

Congrats, folks, you hit every the maximum bonus for this mission! Give a round of applause to Ash's luck, which gave him an extra 3 successes to convincing the novas - ensuring that he'd convince Sirius, Helen, and Dorian!

Oh holy god that was funny. I have that Buffy episode's soundtrack...I know all those songs. And the Rent stuff...and(lord help me) the Beauty and the Beast stuff too. To be fair, that's only because I played Lefoo in our high school production of it.

*Gosh it disturbs me to see you Gaston, looking so down in the dumps...*

BTW, I totally vote for that to be canon material. ::biggrin

it sems like there is already a majority. I actually dug it quite abit, though I have to admit it seems strange to make canon a story that somebody else made and have it be my character. Well done BN, thats some crazy effort and shows once again how you are The Man here at Eon (sorry Archer! ::tongue )

I like to give everyone a chance (so we can see how different people write the trailer/outtakes). So far its been Paul and Brandt correct?

Obviously Esteban didn't get to truly shine (though I hope I did a good job of portraying him/entertaining y'all and that you don't think I was lax in being the reserve person...I really thought things might hit the fan at some point).

Jonathan and Eli were present but more laid back (RL issues Im sure or just that Eli's hi-tech skills werent as called for...another form of minor sidelining).

So that leaves Ash and Theo and The Mouse definitly took the cake (or at least a few crumbs ::happy ) when it came time to socially play a social introvert. Very good job Ex. For her shyness, Theo has alot of inner strength and resolve and it will be fun to see how situations like these where she must step up will enable her to become more confident.

Normally I vote for the person who comes closest to getting us all killed, but Ash's attempts this time were half-hearted at best, so instead I think I'm going to give my vote to Theo for doing all of the work.

Sorry about that, my job works me a *lot* more then what I would have wanted ::sly . Ill try harder next time...just for you ::wink .

But...I think Theor was just *too CUTE* during the 'looking for the bath' scenes. She gets my vote.

"Twenty sided dice??? huh.gif Who uses twenty sided dice?"

::laugh Ahh, meta-humor...

Looks like Theo wins the vote. Congratulations, Expendable. ::happy And yes, I've had quite a bit of RL interference over the course of this game, and yes, Eli's role as team engineer and brick was somewhat sidelined during this episode. But tomorrow is another day. ::ultracool

Hey, you're not working for a company named SuperGeek Enterprises for nothing, you know.
Looks like Theo wins the vote. Congratulations, Expendable.
Indeedy! So, the XP breakdown goes as follows:

Everybody gets an automatic 5XP for the episode. It went on a long time (I think we started in May, right?) but it was quality role-playing all around.

Theo wins the vote! That gives her an extra 1XP. Her Hermit/Survivor wasn't played out quite as well, since she was thrust by circumstance to the forefront, but she did a very good job playing to her flaws, so I'm giving her 2XP for that. Total of 8 XP.

Ash did an excellent job of playing his Hedonist (around the city) and Daredevil (with his speech), so I'm giving 2XP. Total of 7 XP.

Paul did a good job playing up his Force of Nature concept, and an adequate job with Survivor, so I'm also giving 2XP. Total of 7 XP.

Jonathan also played up his Pagan aspect, and emphasized his Caregiver with his speeches, so he also gets 2XP for a total of 7 XP.

Esteban got two OMFG die rolls, for 2XP. Being sidelined, he didn't have quite as much opportunity to live up to his Seeker or Explorer, so I'm only giving 1XP, for a total of 8 XP.

Eli also got one OMFG die roll worth 1XP. He also got sidelined due to RL issues, so he didn't get as much of a chance to show off his Scholer and Analyst, so I'm also only giving 1XP. Total of 7 XP.

Brandt also got one OMFG die roll. He did a good job of living up to his Architect with helping out the locals, and an adequate job with Protector, so I'll give him 2 XP. Total of 8 XP.

Your bonuses are as follows:

Mission Complete: $8,000 each.

Bringing back images of the alien fleet: +$4,000 (Theo gets an additional $1,000)

Halting the war without bloodshed: +$5,000

Convincing the novas at the Conclave about the threat: +$10,000.

Your grand total: $27,000

For the two of you with SGE Backing, here's how I decided to apply your dots: for any mission, you can use your Backing as Gadget, Resources, or Mentor (if you don't have them), or add half your Backing (rounded down) to one of those backgrounds that you do have. Anyone wishing to buy SGE Backing may not (currently) buy more than one dot until your Fearless Leader Jonathan raises his rating.

I think there were a couple of other things that came out.

1) This world has a precog nova of some flavor who is going to be looking into the fleet.

According to her:

2) There is a connection between local "alien-gear" and the fleet.

This has the potential to locate motives, history, good moves, past moves, and maybe even any weaknesses. Maybe this is something that should just be flavored into future missions, but IMHO there is a lot of potential here.

1) This world has a precog nova of some flavor who is going to be looking into the fleet. According to her:

2) There is a connection between local "alien-gear" and the fleet.

#2 will be coming out in future missions. That's something already planned on. You might find out what the connection is as early as Ep 6, or as late as the end of Season 1.

Looks like Theo wins the vote. Congratulations, Expendable. ::happy

oooh, I was afraid of this. >.<;

Ok, it's not a problem.

Xp's nice :) So's the cash. Got some ideas to make me a better team member and keep my hermit/survivor thing going.

Sorry about that, my job works me a *lot* more then what I would have wanted ::sly . Ill try harder next time...just for you ::wink .

Awww, that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. ^_^

oooh, I was afraid of this. >.<;

Ok, it's not a problem.

Xp's nice :) So's the cash. Got some ideas to make me a better team member and keep my hermit/survivor thing going.

What, you're not gonna vote for one of us? :*(

And hey, no bonus for finding out the device is of alien origin? Hmph! ::angry Oh well.

And hey, no bonus for finding out the device is of alien origin? Hmph! ::angry Oh well.
No ... Michal can tell it's not human technology, he just doesn't know what kind of technology it is. Episodes 4 and 6 have more clues to where it came from.

We're all waiting with baited breath to see your trailer description, Ex. ::smile

If anyone doesn't remember how many XP they have stored up, just PM me, and let me know what you'll be spending XP on. Do try to remember the (probable) brief interlude between missions this time and plan accordingly.

Narrator: Tonight on Trans-D, first of two parts, a new member joins the team...

cue: Esteban's entrance; Esteban signing autographs; an invisible Theo dropping her bag that appears while it's falling

Narrator: Could this be the first stirrings of romance..?

cue: a letter sliding under the door, Theo picking it up and staring at it; Theo in bathrobe opening her door to a well dressed Esteban

Narrator: A mission to a new world;

cue: briefing room clip; Ash and Esteban stepping out of thin air of the open barn

Narrator: New tensions and hidden secrets...

cue: clip shot of Theo's stepfather falling backwards, burns smoking as electricity plays around Theo's hands; Theo staring at the unopened envelope before leaving the room.

Narrator: could this spell trouble for Trans-D?

cue: Greek soldiers surrounding the farmhouse, the leader knocking on the door.

Narrator: Tonight on Trans-D, the second of two parts, a team in crisis

cue: Greek soldiers surrounding the farm house.

Narrator: New problems

cue: Axis explaining about Clio; Team confronting Clio's soldiers in front of her palace; Ash making a pass at Clio.

Narrator: A possible new ally against the aliens?

cue: clip of the conclave where the alien ships are being shown; Ash asking the conclave to take an oath

Archived