Trinity RPG - The Coalition

Nero's Boot

Suppose the war between the Coalition/Colony and Earth and its allies ends in Earth victory. The Colony's aberrant, I'd imagine, will get shuttled off to some prison-world by the novas of Eden, kept under lock and key by gods equal to them in power. But what of the Coalition?

Obviously, the Coalition is terrifying by human standards. They perpetuate themselves by rape. They've moved across the galaxy like sexual locusts, raping entire worlds dry, and then leaving the smouldering ruins to re-grow....IF possible. They are a species of hentai tentacle-monsters, and no human, after such a war, will ever forget that.

Would peace be possible between the defeated Coalition and humanity? Would the breeders be annihilated, leaving the servitors to live on their own (if they can live on their own)? Would the breeders be left alive, but kept under strict quarantine, and allowed only willing human partners for genetic "sampling"? Or would the Edenites take them away, too?

--remember the general horror of what the Coalition represents before answering NB

No. Even assuming it was possible to live together, as you said, they are terrifying and we will be afraid of them (with good reason). What we fear, we destroy. This is a war of extermination.

And note that's is the best case situation, worst case is that peace isn't possible, in which case this is still a war of extermination.

The Colony may or may not survive; it's close enough to human that could a 'cure' for Taint-madness be found, they might use it instead of more permanent methods.

The Coalition will be fought to the bitter end by 99% of humanity, once it's understood what they plan for humanity. It's that 1% who should worry you ...

I'm not sure that all of the Coalition phyles would be slaughtered en masse. Sure, the breeders, spinals & envoys would all be wiped out, no question. The spinals are too violent, the newer version of envoys are too human (the previous generations of envoys lacking human DNA are already being culled by the breeders), & the breeders are evil tentacle-rape monsters. So they'll all have to die AFA Joe Hologram is concerned.

Large numbers of the surviving sasqs and drones could possibly be "rehabilitated", once they're taught to adopt human-style sexual mores. Pity their teachers! The sasqs and drones don't seem aggressive enough to rape, but they certainly haven't had any reason to develop much control over their sexual instincts. Assuming that the teaching is successful, they'd go through a long period of being second-class citizens, but that's only to be expected.

I can also see some adventurous livestock ranchers attempting to get their hands on some of the "cattle" phyle for the meat markets.

Large numbers of the surviving sasqs and drones could possibly be "rehabilitated", once they're taught to adopt human-style sexual mores. Pity their teachers! The sasqs and drones don't seem aggressive enough to rape, but they certainly haven't had any reason to develop much control over their sexual instincts. Assuming that the teaching is successful, they'd go through a long period of being second-class citizens, but that's only to be expected.
That assumes it's possible for them to do so, which I haven't followed Trinity close enough to judge. However it also assumes that no one will come up with the fear that the lesser classes might generate the other classes.

...however, nukes are likely to be the first stick out of the bag and they aren't a fine tool.

Sasqs and drones have already proven to be friendly with humans. And at the end of the Coalition scenario of Invasion, one of the drones breaks off from the characters' party to join his fellow drones in the Ark. The book says that if a telepath reads his mind, he'll sense that he's leaving to tell the other drones what feedom feels like, or something.

And I don't think all the phyles can do the whole rape thing. I always thought that was the domain of the breeders phyle. That's why they're called breeders, right? They're the ones that organize that stuff. On the other hand, the phyles still have no qualms about breeding with others of their own phyle: in the scenario I mentioned before, two drones start geting it on while travelling with the characters, all without thinking it's strange to do so in the presence of others.

Looking at the Coalition scenario, I'd have to say that the breeders & spinals are the habitual rapists. The breeders do so for the reasons Blue Thunder just mentioned, & the spinals do so in the course of their whole "beserk cannon fodder" routine.

AFA the possibility of sasqs & drones breeding the other phyles? Not going to happen without the breeders, & they'll all either be killed or imprisoned in a high-security Norça lab.

• 1 year later...

Yep spinals, breeders and envoys would have to go. Sasqs and drones and perhaps other unlisted phyles could easily be adopted, although it would take time.

However, nukes are likely to be the first weapons to be used. Having said that, the freedom converts could try to jump ship when it enters the system...

Transportals are another way of ripping the Ark up, and perhaps get access to some of the Ark technology. Any surviving Sasqs could potentially help repair/understand the technology.

I think you're right ^^

But, I can imagine some fascists in the FSA or equally crazy people getting their hand on some breeders etc and creating themselves the possibility to breed a huge army of canon fooder in very short times.

As the next war with an Alien species will come - and why waste good humans, if you can throw rank upon rank of Coalition warriors on your enemy ::devil

And if theres no Alien species needing some ass-kicking, a huge army with soldiers living outside of human moral standarts is always nice if you're just ambitious enough ...

I'm sure the FSA would want that, but I don't think it likely to happen. With a description of the breeder chambers from the team from Deception, the clears are going to make them the first targets for a nuke, or at least I would! ::biggrin

The other thing to bear in mind is that I believe that the Ark was supposed to after Trinity 2.0, when the psions and chambers abilities are unblocked. So every psion has some clairsentient and telepathic potential, thats a lot more people to try to keep your secrets from! ::unsure

I agree that while the FSA is certainly arrogant/foolhardy enough to want to experiment with/on Coalition breeders, their chances of acquiring any are microscopic. The only breeders I can see surviving the Ark conflict are those few that get snatched up by the Norca for their Musicos division. Everyone else in a position to come into contact with the breeders will more than likely seek to kill them ASAP. Oddly, I can even see Otha Herzog giving his approval of a mass xenocide of the breeder phyle - the things are just *that* nasty.

• 2 months later...

Well, if they don't actually know how to build their ship anymore, they couldn't. . .

. . .but we don't know that for a canon fact. :-D

Well I don't have the book immediately to hand, but I'm pretty sure that in Alien Encounters:Deception in the Coalition scenario it specifically states that the Sasq - Techs don't know how to fix/rebuild everything. Indeed it describes the Ark as having large empty areas and bays full of technology they can't use.

This is also some of the basis for the supposition that the Coalition didn't build the Ark or it's Hardtech at, but likely took over the ship when they encountered the Breeders et al at sometime in the past.

The original makers coming looking for the Ark at some point after the Coalition have hit the Earth could be an interesting event...

I've been thinking about what to do after the Alien Encounter books as well. I had a rough idea, but no real details worked out. I figured by the time the Ark reached Earth space, the inhabitants of the ship would be divided enough to be ripe for a small group of infiltrators to sneak aboard [again!] and wreak havoc. The phyles on the low end of the totem pole would now be rife with their new found ideas of freedom. The players could cause enough disruption for the Earth's offensive to defeat the threatening Coalition.

Also, I figured Earth would be amassing an army of allies. These allies would include the Novas from Eden, the hidden Upeo fleet, the "new" psions and their enhanced access to all Aptitudes, the Qin, and even a faction of Chromatics. Defeating the Ark is possible with a line up like that, but I want to take it even farther.

I figure after Earth defeats the Ark, the alliance can figure out where the Colony hides out [i agree that the Colony would not engage in the initial assault]. My idea is that the Aberrants have at least one main headquarters, an inhabitable planet as yet discovered. With the location of the Abbies home world known, humanity takes the fight to them [much like the invasion of Chrome Prime]. I even planned on using the Chromatic technology the prevented the captured Upeo from escaping via teleportation. These devices could have been worked on to disallow any sort of space/time manipulation [i.e warping]. Now Earth can back the Colony into a corner and destroy it. I just need to figure out how the players can play their minor roles in this epic finale.

The other thing to bear in mind is that I believe that the Ark was supposed to after Trinity 2.0, when the psions and chambers abilities are unblocked. So every psion has some clairsentient and telepathic potential, thats a lot more people to try to keep your secrets from! ::unsure

I thought that only naturally occurring psions emerging after the Venezuelan event would have access to all the aptitudes and that tank dunked would still be limited to a specific aptitude.

King - interesting but I doubt that Earth will be able to persuade the Qin into helping, due to a combination of their factional/isolationist politics and one of the major factions is doing deals with the Aberrants. In addition the Ark is likely (admittedly only by my guess, but no-one has shot it down yet) to arrive in '26, only 5 years after invading Chromie Prime. Given that I doubt the Chromatics would get to play much, if any part in Earth's defense.

Have you a refence for the Upeo's "hidden fleet", it is not something I remember, unless you mean their old exploring and transport ships?

I thought that only naturally occurring psions emerging after the Venezuelan event would have access to all the aptitudes and that tank dunked would still be limited to a specific aptitude.

Nope, Bright Continent was to introduce a new "Order", based in Africa, who eventually, before the arrival of the Ark, develop either a new tank and/or upgrades for the original chambers so that all psions get some access to most Aptitudes. Teleportation and Qk remain special casEs in one way or another.

King - interesting but I doubt that Earth will be able to persuade the Qin into helping, due to a combination of their factional/isolationist politics and one of the major factions is doing deals with the Aberrants.

As far as the books go I mainly agree with that, on the other hand I think that might be a good opportunity for some diplomatic / Agent-themed adventure !

Discover some Infos or reveal a conspiracy that will persuade the Qin to help humanity ::smile

Given that most of the Qin Houses wont talk directly to humans and you cant just wander about Qinshui because of their anti-Aberrant biotech is set to general human DNA.

This rather reduces the chances of diplomacy and investigation. The best you could do would be to ask leading questions of the librarian/media type house and hope that get the information you seek and are willing to share it with you.

My game's meta-plot had the Breeders having Arkjacked the ship from it's original builders (the original sasqs) - and all the phyles were races they'd picked up, gene-raped and added to their collection in mentally reduced states over the years. So at least some of the Ark phyle races were still out there to be discovered anew.

Sounds reasonable, especially if the early breeders already had access to an Envoy and Spinal type to help them take over the Ark. I agree that the other phyles must be based upon other races the Breeders have encountered. However, considering their penchant for planet destruction, I doubt the home planets of most of the races which had a phyle built from them is still intact.

King - you mentioned using/expanding on the Doyen/Chromatic Teleportation Dampeners to block Warping, but over what sort of area/volume did you mean?

If you covered the Earth system in them then it would make it much harder for the Aberrants to send there attacks in - but none of the Jumpships or Upeo/Starcrossed/Teleporting "new" psions would be of any use in the system either.

King - you mentioned using/expanding on the Doyen/Chromatic Teleportation Dampeners to block Warping, but over what sort of area/volume did you mean?

I was thinking of a planetary scale much like Chrome Prime already had. It's far fetched, but if humans could get the tech advanced enough they could devise a web oh ships to circle the Abbie home world. In the Invasion book it states that the dampener on Chrome Prime is specifically designed to prevent psi teleportation. SO humans would need to tweak it to cover Abbie Teleport and Warp. It's a stretch, but I'm the Storyteller. Whatever I want, right!

Nope, Bright Continent was to introduce a new "Order", based in Africa, who eventually, before the arrival of the Ark, develop either a new tank and/or upgrades for the original chambers so that all psions get some access to most Aptitudes. Teleportation and Qk remain special casEs in one way or another.
I seriously don't remember, but I'd thought that was for *new* psions (or maybe even PCs), and you still couldn't re-dunk people.

I don't think that would have worked, after all this was originally planned to be Trinity 2.0, taking place a bit before the Ark arrived so that Earth's defenders were at their optimum.

If only new psions had access to all the Aptitudes that would be unfair to previous characters, so logicaly there had to be a second type of tank that could only work on the previously dunked to remove the block on their powers and either a third type of chamber or a refit/upgrade to the original chambers so that all new psions get access to all the Aptitudes to begin with.

Archived