Just wanted to show off...

archer

A buddy of mine here in town is doing some damn fine work in leather lately, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind dressing up some of my blades.

For the first one:

A very nice new pocket sheath for a beautiful bird-and-trout style I received as a gift from a very good friend.

[attachmentid=1][attachmentid=2][attachmentid=3]

Next, a hand-forged piece from Hungary that I picked up for a song at the local Renaissance Faire last year.

The old sheath was a good design, but poor execution. It was so loose the knife would just tip out if the sheath was anywhere near inverted. Much more snug now.

[attachmentid=4][attachmentid=5]

And finally, one of my favorites. The knife was one of the very first ever made by Ram Maramba, of Zero Knives. Easily one of the funniest dudes I have ever met, and a very talented maker.

This baby looks clean in leather.

[attachmentid=6][attachmentid=7][attachmentid=8]

Huge thanks to my buddy John for the outstanding work on these sheaths. You rock John!

Well, though I have been known to sing a song or two with some skill...

Nah, it was just a good price.

That would've been really cool if I got it for a song though. Man! Have to try that next time.

Well, though I have been known to sing a song or two with some skill...

Nah, it was just a good price.

That would've been really cool if I got it for a song though. Man! Have to try that next time.

Well, I went to the Vegas Ren-Faire for ... almost every year I lived there, and I don't remember any merchants who'd give away anything for a song. But that would be cool. ::wink

Dude! When did you live in Vegas? And where?
Well, I was born there. ::tongue Haven't lived there in eight years, though we do go back from time to time since my mom and the in-laws life there still. If you went to the wedding at the Ren Faire last year (or was it the year before?) the bride was in the first D&D game I GMd. Or if you were there in 98, the big tower that one of the encampments had with a working gate, I helped build it ... ditched class at UNLV to do so. ::happy

For a second there, I thought you were posting Commie pictures...then I read the caption. Scared me man, scared me.

BTW, I saw this kid today wearing one of those Che Guevara t-shirts, but it had the face crossed out with an anti symbol. I asked him why he was wearing it, and he said Guevara was a violent psychopath and murderer. At which point I asked him if Peron was better somehow...he just kinda shrugged and said war wasn't the answer, or violence wasn't, or something. I suggested that dictators generally aren't deposed with bunnies and flowers.

We had a brief conversation after that, and I asked him if he'd ever heard of King Leonidas(Sparta), or the Peloponnesian War; along with a number of other things. He'd apparently never heard of them.

I feel old.

For a second there, I thought you were posting Commie pictures...then I read the caption. Scared me man, scared me.

BTW, I saw this kid today wearing one of those Che Guevara t-shirts, but it had the face crossed out with an anti symbol. I asked him why he was wearing it, and he said Guevara was a violent psychopath and murderer. At which point I asked him if Peron was better somehow...he just kinda shrugged and said war wasn't the answer, or violence wasn't, or something. I suggested that dictators generally aren't deposed with bunnies and flowers.

We had a brief conversation after that, and I asked him if he'd ever heard of King Leonidas(Sparta), or the Peloponnesian War; along with a number of other things. He'd apparently never heard of them.

I feel old.

I didnt know that you still had the old commie scare in the USA *laughs*

I say we bury all dictators in bunny ears. Makes it easier to find them in hell so we can kick there collective ass'es clear across the afterlife.

Pink bunny ears, with bells on them.

She graduated 99, and did Graphic Design. So two years behind you, and she said she doesn't remember you. Of course, she admits she doesn't remember a lot of people from school, so it's not just you.

Hey I wanted to show off too!!! ::biggrin

To try out the cool new feature, I thought I'd post up my makeup from last Halloween. It took about 7 hours to get into and the jacket and bodysuit are custom as well...

[attachmentid=25][attachmentid=16][attachmentid=17][attachmentid=18]

[attachmentid=19][attachmentid=20][attachmentid=21][attachmentid=22]

[attachmentid=23][attachmentid=24]

Archived