Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - Welcome to the Aeon Society

BlueNinja

When Lupin/Joshua got in the car, the fleeing shooters were about 50 meters away from them (40 from Li and Azura). The corner is about 60 meters away. The Deusie has a better acceleration, so it might be able to catch up to the first two cars, but Azura will be hard-pressed to make it to the corner before they're completely out of range of Li's TK.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought we had discussed that next round he would be able to go for the driver...

So are you saying that Lis action may not be attempted and I should remove them, or that I should edit it so it happens before the car turns the corner...a bit confused.

-EDIT-

Okay, so he now acts before the corner.

Acts how?

When Lupin/Joshua got in the car, the fleeing shooters were about 50 meters away from them (40 from Li and Azura). The corner is about 60 meters away. The Deusie has a better acceleration, so it might be able to catch up to the first two cars, but Azura will be hard-pressed to make it to the corner before they're completely out of range of Li's TK

Li used his powers on a car as it turned the corner and pulled its top off. The cars are around the corner, by the time Li reaches the corner the cars will be out of reach.

Your action as posted can't be done.

Edit: Maybe you just want to try to jump in the Deusenberg? ::confused

Er....earlier when posting, BN and I were IMing and he said that next round Li would be able to get an action on the driver, before they were out of range...which is why I am confused...

And yes he will be jumping in the Deusey.

but other, through luck or skill, manages to shoot both Li and Azura. Fortunately, the silk-steel Li wears protects him from the bullets, but Azura (being unarmored) gets hit twice and stumbles, almost throwing Li from his back as he halts, limping. *Go pick up the bad men and shake them until they talk. I'll just limp there a little slower.* The three men in the crashed car are unmoving, the two in the back actually hurled from the car at the moment of impact to lie some ten meters further down the road. The other two cars are speeding away, with Lupin in hot pursuit!

couple things...

1. Li's force field (which I did declare activating) as described is projectable so should have provided some protection to both Li and Asura (wasn't sure if you considered that), and

(sub-question, did Asura attempt a dodge?...poor kitty!)

2. Li did spend a WP to accomplish a leap into Lupin's pursuing Deusey. So he did make it into the car for the continued pursuit, yes?

No offense Zeke, I mean I know you are a lawyer and all but Id like to hear it from the ST. Considering a multiple action, and since Li had the initiative its plausable he would have timed it right....besides I want to stay in the action!!!

Also, BN has been known to sometimes miss things or need a friendly reminder so maybe that force field protection would change the situation...

*Go pick up the bad men and shake them until they talk. I'll just limp there a little slower.* The three men in the crashed car are unmoving, the two in the back actually hurled from the car at the moment of impact to lie some ten meters further down the road. The other two cars are speeding away, with Lupin in hot pursuit!

Seems pretty clear to me. Asura told Li to "go pick up the bad men and shake them until they talk" as in, there are men in the crashed car.

"The other two cars are speeding away, with Lupin in hot pursuit" I just want to get things moving, Blueninja knows what you were trying to accomplish and posted what happened.

1. Li's force field (which I did declare activating) as described is projectable so should have provided some protection to both Li and Asura (wasn't sure if you considered that), and
To have the shot at wresting control of the car away means activating the Phantom Hands as part of the Teledigitation (to give it more than Str1), meaning that you can't use it as a force field. You seemed more interested in the car.
(sub-question, did Asura attempt a dodge?...poor kitty!)
Azura was moving at a full sprint, meaning no dodge.,,
2. Li did spend a WP to accomplish a leap into Lupin's pursuing Deusey. So he did make it into the car for the continued pursuit, yes?
Getting shot sort of makes a jump hard.

so being shot negates taking the multiple action? ::brick ...when he took no damage???
The momemtum from the gun spoiled your jump. If you'd gotten one less success, you'd have botched your Athletics roll (since IIRC Will successes don't count towards not botching) and landed in the street, unharmed but for your pride.

The momemtum from the gun spoiled your jump. If you'd gotten one less success, you'd have botched your Athletics roll (since IIRC Will successes don't count towards not botching) and landed in the street, unharmed but for your pride.

hell yes they count vs. botching!!!! thats what spending a WP point is for...succeeding when you absolutely must...

just double-checked to be sure...WP counts as an additional success, botching occurs with no successes...

haha, that was funny, however, this is the way to do it:

Quadrapeds, bepeds, otherpeds, citizens of the jungle, lend me your ears. I have a dream, a dream where man and monkey work side by side, to achive the greatest of glories, namely total world domination. Who are with me?

So BN, did you ever get around to that stealth roll for Asura to get out of sight? Li (and myself) think it best for the great tiger to keep a fairly low profile if at all possible and the police vehicles weren't very subtle on their approach...

It safe for me to guess Asura has a pretty good chance of success but I will post for Li in the meantime.

For future reference, just asume that Asura has a certain mystique to keep and so tends to be shadowy and rumored (that whole part about Li trucking with supernatural forces...), at least outside of the inspired company of the Aeon Society.

I don't think I mentioned it anywhere, however, anyone can try to understand Azura, since he communicates with basically feline sign language. If Sign Language is one of your chosen languages, it just takes a roll on Linguistics at standard difficulty; otherwise it takes a +2 difficulty on either Linguistics or Animal Handling to understand.

No, it means I'll be too busy to use it... ::tongue I'm part of a litigation team for a case that's going to the Supreme Court (that I can't talk about). I'm going to Ottawa and possibly Montreal as well, research + a motion to file. I've also got an interview at one of the biggest canadian firms in a couple of days. It shouldn't delay the game too much, its been an average of a post every three days so far...

So by the time Li and Joshua roll up on Stahlfaust, Lupins and the crooks are already gone? Or is there an opportunity to interject ourselves into the action?
They're not at the warehouse ... but then again, they're only two blocks away. You probably drove right past them without realizing it. ::happy

You'd actually get to the warehouse about a minute before the cops get penned in.

Archived