Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - In Search of Inspiration

BlueNinja

The third, who was catapulted into the front seat, comes back over it, bleeding from a gash on the temple, wielding a knife of his own!

Ignoring the casualties for now, Joshua turns his attention to the third knife-weilding thug. He will try to block the imminent strike and, if it becomes convenient, to catch his opponent's wrist and painfully turn it, forcing him to drop the weapon.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lupin crouches low and approaches the warehouse, trying to get within earshot of at least some of them to determine who he's dealing with...the italian mafia, chinamen, irish rogues?

More monkeys in suits? ::unsure

There is a phone booth, almost five blocks away. However, once you exit the car, you can hear indistinct voices from the warehouse, as they have the windows open. It is June in Chicago, after all.
Henrich orders the monkeys to take out his best suit, as well as an bulletproof west. He then use the radio to call the airplane pilots and tell them to pleas call the police, while He, the venerable doctor Henrich, apprehends the ruffians.

He then gets to the ground, walking towards the door together with Rembrant.

(IC: The monkeys orders are to lay down a barage of support fire if the thugs will not surrender, targeting there cars)

You see Lupin, of course, as you'll have to walk past him to get to the doors. That does put you about a block closer to the phone, if that matters.
Ignoring the casualties for now, Joshua turns his attention to the third knife-weilding thug. He will try to block the imminent strike and, if it becomes convenient, to catch his opponent's wrist and painfully turn it, forcing him to drop the weapon.
You block his swing rather handily despite your cramped condition, and while you can't grab his wrist, you do use your next block to send his weapon smacking home into the back seat, giving you the perfect opening for a knee to the navel.

There is a phone booth, almost five blocks away. However, once you exit the car, you can hear indistinct voices from the warehouse, as they have the windows open. It is June in Chicago, after all.

Lupin will park closer to the booth and use it.

"Hello operator? Get me the Mercer residence....uh the one downtown...yeah that one. Thanks."

He'll then ask for Mercer or Stiles and tell them where he is.

::blink

Lupin pauses as he looks at the landing zeppelin and the doctor coming out and adds

"Subtlety may not be an option anymore...send some backup!"

Lupin will make his way towards the warehouse, cursing under his breath. He checks the number of bullets in his revolver and pockets it before reaching "Goon Central". If there's a way to climb to the roof or a top window, he'll do so.

(Assuming this is all happening while the others are en-route to the warehouse)

Leaving the thugs to the police, Li will approach the intrepid Styles. "Do you know who these men are?," he inquires. "In any case I leave to seek out the rest...any leads on the whereabouts of our comrades?"

If Whitley can direct him to the others location, Li will hop into his top of the line box-truck, with Asura lithely slipping into the cargo section from an amorphous shadow. Together they high-tail it back to The Silk Road for a quick costume change...

Primoris answers the phone when Lupin calls, and takes the quick rundown on the situation. "We just heard a bunch of police cars roar up down the block, so that means that they're at least late. Once we get things cleared up here, we'll send someone your way. Li's dealing with the police right now after taking out the three in his chosen car." (It'll take Li at least half an hour to get to his train, change, and get to the warehouse, possibly forty-five minutes if traffic is bad. That means he'll get there probably after it's all over. Due to time differences in the chase, Lupin's phone call doesn't come in until after you've answered questions for the detective.)

At the warehouse, there are lots of crates stacked up outside, certainly enough to climb up to the roof. Problem is, one misstep and you think they'll break - they're obviously empty and been left outside for quite a while. The only windows are all at least six feet high, and there are two large garage-type doors facing the street, plus one more regular-sized one in the back that the goons went in.

Henrich walks up to a position where he can observe the door, ordering Rembrant to find something whom he can sit down on, and no, the dumpkopfen gorilla is not supposed to find that something in sight of the warehouse.

He then waits for Mercer and the rest of his... unique friends.

At the warehouse, there are lots of crates stacked up outside, certainly enough to climb up to the roof. Problem is, one misstep and you think they'll break - they're obviously empty and been left outside for quite a while. The only windows are all at least six feet high, and there are two large garage-type doors facing the street, plus one more regular-sized one in the back that the goons went in.

The Frenchman eyed the crates, wondering what he'd do if he reached the roof...That's not his way, he's no catburglar...Besides, he only had six bullets and didn't know if there was a roof access to the warehouse. When in doubt, choose the obvious...Lupin walks through the front door making no effort to hide himself, only looking back as if checking to see if he's being followed.

Realizing that they will never make it across town in time, Li makes a mental note to keep their martial accoutrements more accessible in the future. Swerving down the street of the chase, Li scans the road for the tribesman and his prey...

"No time to go back for your armor my friend, something we shall rectify from here on. In the meantime, do try not to get shot..."

Joshua slams the thug twice and the air whooshes out of him. He drops onto the seat, curling into a ball. You can hear the driver whimpering in the front, but it doesn't sound like you punctured a lung at least. (By the time Li gets here, it should all be over, so you might be waiting a bit.)

There's a bunch of empty metal barrels about twenty meters away from the warehouse, stacked up against another warehouse. Rembrandt carefully climbs up and adopts the classic Thinker pose as he waits for you to decide what the heck you're doing.

Lupin strolls into the warehouse, and seven men jump to their feet, aiming pistols and Tommy guns your way. "Who the hell are you?" one of them asks. It's fairly clear from their expressions (and the smell) that at least some of them have been here for quite a while, dipping into the booze, and the three who were in the car are fairly obvious by their firghtened-rabbit looks.

Lupin strolls into the warehouse, and seven men jump to their feet, aiming pistols and Tommy guns your way. "Who the hell are you?" one of them asks. It's fairly clear from their expressions (and the smell) that at least some of them have been here for quite a while, dipping into the booze, and the three who were in the car are fairly obvious by their firghtened-rabbit looks.

Lupin keeps walking towards the table authoritatively

"Why the hell aren't you at your posts? Do you even have someone doing rounds out there? I didn't see even a single guy out there or on the roof. Not one!"

You'd think he was born and raised in Chicago as the words came out. He looks about to sit at the table when he spots the goon that tried to shoot him out of the car.

"And YOU! Tell me right now why I shouldn't have you put down? One of Mercer's guests has a knife at my throat, he finally leaves me only to have a bird brained idiot like you sending bullets my way! ... Get out there and make sure we weren't followed!" ::angry

Joshua relaxes. He hadn't really planned out what to do in the event of Lupin not returning. Hopefully the man was still alive somewhere..

Joshua sheathes his knives, opens the door and kicks all the weapons out onto the ground outside. Stepping out himself, he starts to look around for help..

Joshua relaxes. He hadn't really planned out what to do in the event of Lupin not returning. Hopefully the man was still alive somewhere..

Joshua sheathes his knives, opens the door and kicks all the weapons out onto the ground outside. Stepping out himself, he starts to look around for help..

For being temporaly displaced, the tribesman has serendipitous timing; as he steps out into the road, an expensively modern box truck pulls up alongside with the Chinaman at the helm.

"Would you care to join us Mr. Joshua?" Li smiles, "The hunt is not yet over!"

Li will help Joshua load the unconscious captives safely into the back of the truck for later interrogation.

Once inside the truck Joshua will notice a window to the box section large enough for Asura to peek in and give a frienldy nuzzle.

Lupin keeps walking towards the table authoritatively

"Why the hell aren't you at your posts? Do you even have someone doing rounds out there? I didn't see even a single guy out there or on the roof. Not one!"

You'd think he was born and raised in Chicago as the words came out. He looks about to sit at the table when he spots the goon that tried to shoot him out of the car.

"And YOU! Tell me right now why I shouldn't have you put down? One of Mercer's guests has a knife at my throat, he finally leaves me only to have a bird brained idiot like you sending bullets my way! ... Get out there and make sure we weren't followed!" ::angry

Two of the guys jump up, running towards the barrels and boxes stacked near the high windows and glancing outside. One of the others mutters something about, "not the army, damnit," and one of the two with the Tommy guns squints at you. "Where'd that car-jumping nutcase come from, anyway? Looked like some damn Polack raised by Injuns!" He takes a drag off a cigarette, and offers it to Lupin. "The boss-man said he'd be meeting us here in half an hour with our pay. But he's gonna be pretty pissed off with us, seeing as how only four guys out of nine came back. Unless ... " He looks slyly at Lupin. "The jail house is only two blocks from here. If we bust out the other guys when they arrive, then we got nothin' to worry about, right?"
For being temporaly displaced, the tribesman has serendipitous timing; as he steps out into the road, an expensively modern box truck pulls up alongside with the Chinaman at the helm.

"Would you care to join us Mr. Joshua?" Li smiles, "The hunt is not yet over!"

Li will help Joshua load the unconscious captives safely into the back of the truck for later interrogation.

Once inside the truck Joshua will notice a window to the box section large enough for Asura to peek in and give a frienldy nuzzle.

Azura also adds, *These men stink, and I'm not talking about dead. They smell like that burning-water stuff your manager is so keen on.*

The captured driver is injured, but not dead. However, you're both fairly sure that unless you get him medical attention of the professional kind, he's going to bleed out and die. The other guy will be fine, though restraining him might not be a bad idea.

"Where'd that car-jumping nutcase come from, anyway? Looked like some damn Polack raised by Injuns!" He takes a drag off a cigarette, and offers it to Lupin.

Lupin takes the cigarette with a half-smile

"I dunno, we didn't have time to exhange our life stories."

"The boss-man said he'd be meeting us here in half an hour with our pay.

But he's gonna be pretty pissed off with us, seeing as how only four guys out of nine came back. Unless ... " He looks slyly at Lupin. "The jail house is only two blocks from here. If we bust out the other guys when they arrive, then we got nothin' to worry about, right?"

Lupin raises an eyebrow

"Half an hour? That's cutting it close, we'll have to hurry...and hope the cops hurry too!"

Lupin eyes the warehouse and lets out a puff of smoke

"We'll have to leave a few guards in case someone comes along. Bird brain's doing the rounds and those two are staying. We'll need three cars if we want to have enough space for the others..."

Lupin raises an eyebrow

"Half an hour? That's cutting it close, we'll have to hurry...and hope the cops hurry too!"

Lupin eyes the warehouse and lets out a puff of smoke

"We'll have to leave a few guards in case someone comes along. Bird brain's doing the rounds and those two are staying. We'll need three cars if we want to have enough space for the others..."

He snorts and holds up a bottle of Canadian whiskey. "Nah, Berto over there is a master of making people forget their troubles, if yanno what I mean. Berto! Keep an eye on things, and stall the big man when he gets here. Drew, Nicky, let's go bust the rest out of jail. Again."

Nicky mutters something about Tony getting caught again, but he checks his US Infantry-issue sidearm he obviously 'lost' during the war, and takes a last swig from the whiskey bottle. Drew just shrugs, slips his pistol into the waistband of his pants and pulls his jacket over it, and moves for the door. "You got a plan, man?" he asks as he passes Lupin.

He snorts and holds up a bottle of Canadian whiskey. "Nah, Berto over there is a master of making people forget their troubles, if yanno what I mean. Berto! Keep an eye on things, and stall the big man when he gets here. Drew, Nicky, let's go bust the rest out of jail. Again."

Nicky mutters something about Tony getting caught again, but he checks his US Infantry-issue sidearm he obviously 'lost' during the war, and takes a last swig from the whiskey bottle. Drew just shrugs, slips his pistol into the waistband of his pants and pulls his jacket over it, and moves for the door. "You got a plan, man?" he asks as he passes Lupin.

Lupin observes Tony's drinking habits and slaps him on the back with a smile

"Perhaps I should drive..." ::smile

"We wait a few blocks up from the station. When they drive up, Drew's car blocks the front, Nicky's car blocks the back and our car's backup in case something goes wrong or extra seats if it goes right. Cops aren't paid enough to put up a fight..." ::sly

Leaving the dead and the wounded behind, Joshua collars the remaining thug and drags him bodily into the truck's box section with Asura, followed by Joshua himself. He closes the door and tells Li through the window when he's ready to go.

Leaving the dead and the wounded behind, Joshua collars the remaining thug and drags him bodily into the truck's box section with Asura, followed by Joshua himself. He closes the door and tells Li through the window when he's ready to go.

"Well the police should be along soon to clean up the mess. In the meantime, could you be a gentleman and interrogate that prisoner? Between you and my feline friend there, he shouldn't give you any trouble..."

Li will turn his lights off and park a couple blocks from the warehouse, down a side alley.

Lupin observes Tony's drinking habits and slaps him on the back with a smile

"Perhaps I should drive..." ::smile

"We wait a few blocks up from the station. When they drive up, Drew's car blocks the front, Nicky's car blocks the back and our car's backup in case something goes wrong or extra seats if it goes right. Cops aren't paid enough to put up a fight..." ::sly

Re: PM - You win.

You guys drive the three cars over there, and wait in the nighttime. Sure enough, two cops cars come down the road about twenty minutes later, one of them is the paddy wagon with prisoners inside. Drew and Nicky pull out right on schedule. Tommy holds up his gun, and dives out of the car. "Drop them guns, ya lousy cops!"

Re: PM - You win.

You guys drive the three cars over there, and wait in the nighttime. Sure enough, two cops cars come down the road about twenty minutes later, one of them is the paddy wagon with prisoners inside. Drew and Nicky pull out right on schedule. Tommy holds up his gun, and dives out of the car. "Drop them guns, ya lousy cops!"

"Not so fast, Tommy."

Lupin shoves a pistol in his back.

"I'd drop it if you don't want a stained jacket..."

"Well the police should be along soon to clean up the mess. In the meantime, could you be a gentleman and interrogate that prisoner? Between you and my feline friend there, he shouldn't give you any trouble..."

Joshua nods grimly. Of course, there was information that the group would direly need. Grabbing the man's lapels, he hoists him up against the side of the truck.

"All right, my friend - we need information, and now. If you want to live to see tomorrow, then you will be the one to give it to us."

Smoothly, the savage's deep voice cracks into a full shout.

"Tell us where you found the magical killing device!" ::angry

"Not so fast, Tommy."

Lupin shoves a pistol in his back.

"I'd drop it if you don't want a stained jacket..."

He freezes, then carefully raises the gun towards the sky and spreads his hands. "You sonova filthy whore, the boss'll get you for this." By his car, Nicky suddenly starts screaming, and then throws the bottle of whiskey at the cops, who send back four bullets. The other guy is cowering behind his car, then he starts opening fire on the cops, blowing out one of the tires and shattering a window.

Li, Joshua, and Heinrich hear the gunfire start two blocks away. Within a moment, three more thugs come charging out of the warehouse, armed and headed in the direction of the shots.

Joshua nods grimly. Of course, there was information that the group would direly need. Grabbing the man's lapels, he hoists him up against the side of the truck.

"All right, my friend - we need information, and now. If you want to live to see tomorrow, then you will be the one to give it to us."

Smoothly, the savage's deep voice cracks into a full shout.

"Tell us where you found the magical killing device!" ::angry

He starts bawling uncontrollably, babbling something about how they were hired to disrupt the dinner at the Mercer house, he doesn't know who hired them, if he'd known that had a giant demon cat he would have quit the gangs and moved to New Orleans, and then he just breaks down crying. (Gee, one success for him to three successes for you.)

He freezes, then carefully raises the gun towards the sky and spreads his hands. "You sonova filthy whore, the boss'll get you for this." By his car, Nicky suddenly starts screaming, and then throws the bottle of whiskey at the cops, who send back four bullets. The other guy is cowering behind his car, then he starts opening fire on the cops, blowing out one of the tires and shattering a window.

"Maybe you're right..."

Lupin Takes the tommy with his left hand while keeping the pistol on his back. He then points at the back of the car

"but first he'll have to find me. Into the trunk!"

The frenchman closes the trunk over his head.

"Don't worry, if I wanted you dead you wouldn't be in there..."

Lupin puts the pistol back in his pocket and runs towards Nicky, Tommy gun in hands.

Lupin puts the pistol back in his pocket and runs towards Nicky, Tommy gun in hands.
You don't even have to get close to Nicky to know that he's dead. The three bullets through the chest have left a lovely puddle of blood that you can see from where you're standing.

By the time you get Tommy into the trunk, the other guy has surrendered. You think it has more to do with the fact he ran out of bullets than the four cops arrayed against him, but they're putting him in cuffs right now.

Of course, that still leaves the three guys from the warehouse, who charged out into the street ...

(Everyone else, this is your cue! ::laugh )

Of course, that still leaves the three guys from the warehouse, who charged out into the street ...

Li-Shen emerges from his shadowy hiding place (hopefully with Joshua as well) and stands bold and powerful before the three miscreants. (Holding an action to activate his force field if necessary (in front of his aboriginal companion as well).

With a look bearing understated menace Li asks "And just where do you think you're going?"

A menacing growl, impossibly deep emanates from behind the men as they realize they are trapped.

(A couple rolls please. Intimidation for Li of course and stealth and intimidation for Asura. Feel free to interject with Asura but Li takes the lead with tactics (being the more intelligent one.))

Lupin runs towards the police officers

"Don't shoot! I'm with the Bureau of Investigation. I've apprehended one of the men, he's in the trunk of that car. Book him and take him to the precinct. There're more of these thugs in a warehouse two blocks from here. Only four or five..Call for backup!"

• 2 weeks later...
Li-Shen emerges from his shadowy hiding place (hopefully with Joshua as well) and stands bold and powerful before the three miscreants. (Holding an action to activate his force field if necessary (in front of his aboriginal companion as well).,,

With a look bearing understated menace Li asks "And just where do you think you're going?"

A menacing growl, impossibly deep emanates from behind the men as they realize they are trapped.

(A couple rolls please. Intimidation for Li of course and stealth and intimidation for Asura. Feel free to interject with Asura but Li takes the lead with tactics (being the more intelligent one.))

(Apologies, apologies, apologies for the delay.)

A growl followed by a roar echo comes from the roof above them, and one of the men faints dead out. One of them drops his gun to run back inside, and another points his pistol at Li with a very shaking hand. "B-b-back off!" (And you two didn't even activate Cloak of Dread.)

Lupin runs towards the police officers

"Don't shoot! I'm with the Bureau of Investigation. I've apprehended one of the men, he's in the trunk of that car. Book him and take him to the precinct. There're more of these thugs in a warehouse two blocks from here. Only four or five..Call for backup!"

They turn towards you, but one of them looks towards the warehouse as a roar echoes down the street. "Mac, Charlie, get down there careful-like and see what's up." He gives Lupin an appraising look. "The other one's in the trunk, huh? Let's open it up and see how much fight he's still got left." The cop holsters his revolver, pulling the billy club off his belt.

A growl followed by a roar echo comes from the roof above them, and one of the men faints dead out. One of them drops his gun to run back inside, and another points his pistol at Li with a very shaking hand. "B-b-back off!" (And you two didn't even activate Cloak of Dread.)

While still holding that action just in case Li-Shen's body remains perfectly motionless. His eyes are dilated and seem to bore holes in reality as he starts to chant in ancient Sanskrit.

To onlookers it would seem that he is casting a spell but its actually just a cue for Asura to "make an entrance."

((This tactic is part of their practiced routine, Li "summoning" his "familiar." It might be worth another intimidation roll but if the goon doesn't drop his gun pronto he'll get pounced. Li keeps his force field cued in concern for unarmored Joshua but is curious to see what the tribesman will do...))

They turn towards you, but one of them looks towards the warehouse as a roar echoes down the street. "Mac, Charlie, get down there careful-like and see what's up." He gives Lupin an appraising look. "The other one's in the trunk, huh? Let's open it up and see how much fight he's still got left." The cop holsters his revolver, pulling the billy club off his belt.

Lupin nods, walks over to the trunk and pops it open.

"Looking for this, Tommy?"

Lupins reaches behind his back and pulls out Tommy's pistol. ::sly

"He's all yours officer..."

The growl from atop the roof increases in volume to a roar, and then a black shadow hits the goon hard in the back. The gun goes off, striking the building behind you with a splintering of wood. The police come running around the corner a minute later, guns drawn, to the sight of Azura sitting on the thug's back, calmly licking one forepaw as the man is gasping for breath. In under a minute, all three are in handcuffs, their weapons confiscated, and the all-white officers are giving Li and the tattood Joshua a great number of leery glances.

With Lupin, the other officer handcuffs Tommy swiftly, throwing him down on the pavement. "Thanks for the help, mister. I'm Sergeant O'Malley. Are these," he pauses for a moment to build the necessary sarcasm, "gentlemen, part of that disturbance that was happening near the mansion district?"

The growl from atop the roof increases in volume to a roar, and then a black shadow hits the goon hard in the back. The gun goes off, striking the building behind you with a splintering of wood. The police come running around the corner a minute later, guns drawn, to the sight of Azura sitting on the thug's back, calmly licking one forepaw as the man is gasping for breath. In under a minute, all three are in handcuffs, their weapons confiscated, and the all-white officers are giving Li and the tattood Joshua a great number of leery glances.

With Lupin, the other officer handcuffs Tommy swiftly, throwing him down on the pavement. "Thanks for the help, mister. I'm Sergeant O'Malley. Are these," he pauses for a moment to build the necessary sarcasm, "gentlemen, part of that disturbance that was happening near the mansion district?"

As the sound of running steps looms suddenly all too near, Li-Shen sends a quick glance to Asura. Just as the constabulary rounds the corner, Li snaps his fingers in the air with a dramatic flicking motion, drawing their attention to him while the monstrous cat fades like ink into the shadows.

Tightening his windsor knot back into snug position he answers the the lawman, "Indeed, and part of something greater still. We must return to the mansion at once. I am certain Mr. Mercer will want to speak personally with these men..."

As Lupin smoothes over any jurisdiction issues, Li will make a subtle exit to his truck (with a head nod for Joshua to follow.) Finding his felinoid friend there waiting, he approaches and wraps one hand around the massive head, gently massaging behind an ear. He sends a silent thank you with his eyes, then out loud, "With you I am always myself." Joshua will see Li-Shen smile as he says this... The fleeting softness of this expression brings into sharp contrast his practiced veneer. Then the moment of sentiment passes, and its back to headquarters.

The frenchman nods at the question

"This one was waiting at their hideout. Have your men hide inside, supposedly their boss is on the way."

Turning to leave he stops, looking over his shoulder..

"As always, the Bureau was never here. This was an operation handled by Chicago's finest working off of an anonymous tip, no one needs to know about our involvement. Congratulations on your arrest, Sergeant.."

The "detective" then heads towards the Deusie and waits a bit to see if anyone comes to the Warehouse. If no one shows up in the next hour, he'll head back to the mansion.

Listening to Lupin and Li-Shen address the guardsmen with such familiarity and confidence, Joshua remains silent and feels a swell of gratitude for the company of these polished men of society. He had the suspicion that, left to his own devices, he would not have been able to negotiate a favorable understanding with the "officers".

Marking Li-Shen's smooth gesture, Joshua turns on his heel, and unobtrusively (as much as is possible for a half-naked, armed man covered in blue tattoos) follows the magician back to the truck.

The "detective" then heads towards the Deusie and waits a bit to see if anyone comes to the Warehouse. If no one shows up in the next hour, he'll head back to the mansion.
The sergeant talks with his men, and two of them head inside the warehouse and apparently take up positions, since they don't appear again. The other two and O'Malley collect the other thugs, get them bundled back into the cop cars a few blocks away, and drive off.

Sure enough, about twenty minutes later, up comes one of the fancier Deusies that Lupin (or the others) have ever seen. It pulls up carefully out of view of the street, and two men get out, both dressed in suits and fedoras. One of them is obviously the muscle, and is carrying a satchel, and the other is a rat-faced man smoking a Cuban cigar. He says something to the muscle, who mutters something back, then they move to saunter towards the door of the warehouse.

The sergeant talks with his men, and two of them head inside the warehouse and apparently take up positions, since they don't appear again. The other two and O'Malley collect the other thugs, get them bundled back into the cop cars a few blocks away, and drive off.

Sure enough, about twenty minutes later, up comes one of the fancier Deusies that Lupin (or the others) have ever seen. It pulls up carefully out of view of the street, and two men get out, both dressed in suits and fedoras. One of them is obviously the muscle, and is carrying a satchel, and the other is a rat-faced man smoking a Cuban cigar. He says something to the muscle, who mutters something back, then they move to saunter towards the door of the warehouse.

(Sorry, I didnt realize this scene wasn't over and thought the police were accompanying us to the mansion with the thugs...good thing one is still locked in the truck. ::wink )

Li-Shen Long will wait in the shadows, observing to see what happens when the two men in fedoras encounter the officers lying in ambush...

As the thugs enter the warehouse, there's a moment of silence, then startled shouting and a pair of gunshots. Lupin manuevers the poor, half-wrecked Deusie to block in the other one, and after about three minutes, the money-man thug comes out of the warehouse in cuffs, the two cops following him with revolvers still drawn. One of the cops is holding his arm where he was apparently grazed by a bullet, but he gives the three of you a salute. "You're all free to go, but I bet the courts would like you to stay in town a bit, just in case you have to testify." He looks back at money-man, who just glares at him. "A'course, that's if there's a trial in the first place."

(You may all now return to the Mercer Manor, if that's what you want.)

Archived