Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - A question for the Trans-D-ers

Ok, since I lost my notes (and therefore two worlds which I can't remember ::brick ) I've been working on some new world ideas. I have enough to patch up the missing two episodes, and enough threads from episodes I do remember to probably write the whole of season two on nothing but plot threads left hanging.

But that could get boring after a while (not to mention there are things you could miss) and I want at least some worlds to have some fun in them. So, here's the question of the day:

Do you folks want to see some cross-overs with other fictional universes of the same time era? I'd be going for ones where the physics are real-world ones (ie, no magical worlds, probably; definately no Rifts).

If you want crossovers, are there any in particular that you'd want to see?

First of all, Id say I hope you are able to retrieve your full notes somehow, or remember them. I love that you have such extensive plans that you've forgotten two whole episodes. I'm sure the ideas will return to you.

As for what Id like to see in othe universes? Comic crossovers are awesome if you feel you can really present beloved characters in an interesting or fresh way. Aww...no rifts ::sad then again...be careful what you wish for... ::devil ::blink ::devil ::scared ::devil :tombstone:

Hmmm...what else would work in the same time era...V for Vendetta is about right... Cyberpunk 2020 would totally rock as Novas and is a perfect fit with the shady style over substance feel of the canon setting. As for magic....I say, why not? After all in the APG it makes references to Novas being responsible for the myths of antiquity, perhaps during other times of high quantum or in the ancient pre history of lost civilizations. For example, a universe that was ruled by a pantheon of Greek gods..Novas who have lived and ruled from Olympus til the modern day and made the world in their image. For an example of the latter..what about a world where magic as quantum was the fuel of the great civilization of Atlantis (could tie in with an Adventure! game too...hehe). What about a universe where the aliens are really the last remnants of humanity from another timeline where earth was destroyed...and on and on...

One thing that I will add is that it will be cool if you blur the lines of the mission "format" I.e. rather than just going from episode to episode, sometimes we have to go back to onr of the worlds (Overclocked part 2!!! Okay Paul, Brandt and Eli through first!!!) and it starts to tie in togehther like a great final fantasy quest...but Im sure you were already planning that so I'll just be quiet now. Cheers! ::happy

First of all, Id say I hope you are able to retrieve your full notes somehow, or remember them. I love that you have such extensive plans that you've forgotten two whole episodes. I'm sure the ideas will return to you.
Thanks; I already started working on replacing the worlds I lost. Speaking of which, Episode 4 is now "Sunlight."
As for what Id like to see in othe universes? Comic crossovers are awesome if you feel you can really present beloved characters in an interesting or fresh way. Aww...no rifts ::sad then again...be careful what you wish for... ::devil ::blink ::devil ::scared ::devil :tombstone:
Do you really want to try taking a shot from a Glitterboy? ::devil
Hmmm...what else would work in the same time era...V for Vendetta is about right... Cyberpunk 2020 would totally rock as Novas and is a perfect fit with the shady style over substance feel of the canon setting.
I have not (yet) seen V for Vendetta, though I do want to. The closest I've come to cyberpunk is reading the core rulebook for Shadowrun, though a cyberpunk-style world isn't out of the question.
As for magic....I say, why not? After all in the APG it makes references to Novas being responsible for the myths of antiquity, perhaps during other times of high quantum or in the ancient pre history of lost civilizations. For example, a universe that was ruled by a pantheon of Greek gods..Novas who have lived and ruled from Olympus til the modern day and made the world in their image. For an example of the latter..what about a world where magic as quantum was the fuel of the great civilization of Atlantis (could tie in with an Adventure! game too...hehe).
Quantum-as-magic is easy; what I don't want is crossover ideas for a world where quantum and magic both exist and work. Mostly because I don't want to have to sit down and think up how they'd interact. (Would you really want to go to the Buffy-verse, and find a nova-turned-vampire? I don't think so.)
One thing that I will add is that it will be cool if you blur the lines of the mission "format" I.e. rather than just going from episode to episode, sometimes we have to go back to onr of the worlds (Overclocked part 2!!! Okay Paul, Brandt and Eli through first!!!) and it starts to tie in togehther like a great final fantasy quest...but Im sure you were already planning that so I'll just be quiet now. Cheers! ::happy
There are a few missions where you'll be returning to worlds you've already visited, but I'm trying to keep a feel of a tv show, where each 'episode' would be a 45 minute episode. That doesn't rule out re-visiting other worlds, but it does make it a bit more difficult. Also, so far you've visited two planets that have both been ruled out as possible evac sites - other than bringing some of their inhabitants to you (or using their worlds for the really dangerous experiments) why would you want to go back?

V for Vendetta would be pretty cool as a crossover. A steampunk world would work if you could think of an excuse for some quantum event creating novas in a world whose technology is 200 years behind ours (without novas, it'd be boring :P).

well, technically steampunk can have pretty burly tech...steamboy? the steampunk comic? They have burly cyber, mecha and all kinds of cool stuff all powered by steam! (yes I know...the energy costs require quite the suspension of disbelief in the physics realm...but thats not the point!)

well, technically steampunk can have pretty burly tech...steamboy? the steampunk comic? They have burly cyber, mecha and all kinds of cool stuff all powered by steam! (yes I know...the energy costs require quite the suspension of disbelief in the physics realm...but thats not the point!)

Well that's kind of my point though, in order to make things at least moderately realistic we'd have to explain away some of the inventions as being nova gadgetry or something similar.

You know, speaking of alternate histories, if we're going to go to worlds with long-past changes, there's always the "what if China had actually reached and colonized the Americas in the 1400s?" and "what if Africans had found gunpowder before Europeans and colonized Europe and the Americas instead?" (which, if the Mali empire had lasted a bit longer and advanced a bit further, wouldn't have been too surprising).

• 1 month later...
For example, a universe that was ruled by a pantheon of Greek gods..
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say I'm glad I was one step ahead of you - this was one of my original ideas for an episode, and SkyLion put it up here before you started Hero Worship. ::biggrin

As for other ideas:

There will be a steampunk world in Season 2.

There will probably be a cyberpunk world in Season 2. (Mega Man, anyone? ::sly )

There are no plans for a comic-verse crossover. I don't know any comics well enough. Unless you want the movie X-Men ...

There might be a V for Vendetta crossover, if I can watch the movie a few more times before I write it. Given how long it'll take to get to Season 2, I should have plenty of time.

There will be a return to Fallout in Season 2, and there will be a return to two different worlds from Season 1 at later points in Season 1. There will also be encounters with Season 1 NPCs in Season 2.

There will be at least one episode tying the SGE team into the Adventure! team rfom my game.

• 4 months later...

Alright BN asked me to vote, so I am. Here's some ideas, though I'll mostly be reiterating what's been said by others. Here goes:

Cyberpunk, Steampunk, or most especially Ghost in the Shell would all rock!

A comic crossover, Marvel, DC, or one of the others would be frickin' awesome (The Authority anyone?)

The X-Files

And yes, I realize you probably won't go for it, but I always thought dropping a bunch of novas into the middle of Lord of the Rings would just be insane....

So Steampunk=yes Cyberpunk=yes. Please Please PLEASE no movie x-men...I have been a fan of the comic for far too long to sit through hollywoods butchery of my fav characters.

I would also ask (if I may) that you very much limit our crossivers with established fictional universes....while theoretically possible with CTT, it has always felt a bit cheesy to have fictional characters who are suddenly interacting with fictional worlds that they would know are fictional....please no LOTR, Star Wars etc.

However...V for Vendetta was so stylish and cool that it would be awesome if you were able to do two things...1.) There was never a graphic novel or movie of V in the core Trans-D universe....hes just another character and 2.) You have to be able to find V's "Voice"....for which I suggest not only watching the movie a gazillion times and memorizing his monologues but also actually reading the graphic novel...

that is all. Carry on. ::happy

• 2 months later...

Archived