Adventure!: In Search of Inspiration - Interest?

BlueNinja

I'd like to know just how many people would be interested in a possible Adventure! game, set at the very founding of the Aeon society. I'm not sure yet what the opening plot would be, and I'd have to lay out a thread of A! merits and flaws (especially since I have a few in mind specifically for the Inspired), and (obviously) there would be a focus on Daredevils over the other types. ::happy

So, who'd be interested? If I can get at least three people who want to play and can post a minimum of once a day, then I'll buckle down and work on an opening storyline.

I'm interested. I can't vouch for a minimum of one post a day as I'm starting my bar ads in two weeks, but I can probably come close to it...
Bar ads? ::confused As in you're running a place that serves alcoholic beverages, or you're studying to become a *gag* lawyer? ::tongue

Bar ads? As in you're running a place that serves alcoholic beverages, or you're studying to become a *gag* lawyer?

That would be the latter.. ::devil

I AM finishing my second law degree after all...doing bar ads this summer, LL.M. next year in information technology law and my articling the year after, so still a bit of time before I officially join the brotherhood of evil..;)

Apart from time period, what's the setting?
Well ... at the moment, I'm thinking of placing the group at the founding of the Aeon society in 1923. You'd be explorers and investigators, in the same sort of way Indiana Jones and Maxwell Mercer are, though your choice of adventure would be quite a bit more open. Once i write myself some notes, I'll let everyone know the starting conditions.

Does that mean New York?
I'd have to check through the flavor text, but it's either New York or Chicago - though obviously, you won't all be staying there!

I'm also not completely sure how I want to deal with gadgeteer-type characters, since A! gadget rules are better IMO than Ab gadget rules, but it takes a *lot* of time.

One thing: having an Ability Mastery will let youre-roll 10's on the Ability die (so if you have a specialty too, that's 7 dice you have a chance of re-rolling).

Archived