Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Episode 2: Overclocked

Ok folks, soon as the briefing is over, you can cast your votes for this episode's most deserving PC.

Also, I'd like you to welcome SkyLion, who will be playing Esteban (to replace Archimedes, who will be around the SGE, just not off-world anymore).

Ok folks, soon as the briefing is over, you can cast your votes for this episode's most deserving PC.

Also, I'd like you to welcome SkyLion, who will be playing Esteban (to replace Archimedes, who will be around the SGE, just not off-world anymore).

Welcome SkyLion.

Paul did the most here. Brandt did a wonderful job as a nova barely in control.

Well, even though two people haven't voted, it's pretty clear - Brandt is the winner! :speeddemon_sm:

For this episode, all PCs gain 5XP for completing the goals and successful interaction.

Brandt won the vote, so that's 1XP. He also did a good job of living up to his Protector, though not so well his Architect, and he seemed to have impressed the hell out of everyone with RPing his sudden outbreak of Bad Temper (and Eufiber Rejection), so I'm awarding 2XP. Thus, Brandt ends the episode with 8XP.

Jonathan did a good job of living up to his Caregiver nature, but not so well this time on the Pagan aspect, so I'm awarding 1XP, leaving him with a total of 6XP for the episode.

Paul did the best job of living up to his nature of Survivor (finding a way past nearly every obstacle I threw at you), though his Force of Nature powers took a backseat. I'm giving 2XP, for a total of 7XP for the episode.

Theo also did a good job of living up to her Survivor nature, and has been doing a decent job of her Hermit concept, so I'm also awarding 2XP for a total of 7XP.

Eli did an almost perfect job of living up to his Scholer and Analyst parts, so I'm giving him 3XP for the episode. He also gets a total of 8XP.

Ash again did a good job of living up to his Lucky Daredevil concept, but not so much the Hedonist, though this mission wasn't much designed for a good night out on the town. 6XP for the episode.

----

A few brief pieces of information (some of you will want to remind me of the questions you asked me).

The nova who came down the elevator shaft had Accelerate Time on both Area and Always On. He screwed with the timer, making the C4 detonate early.

The device found by Jeffrey Ash was not the same as the map device Michal has. It is, however, the same type of technology. What activated this device is still unknown. See future episodes for more information.

The break point for this universe was a spilled cup of coffee. ::laugh The PC Ash became a NYPD detective, and erupted catching a serial killer. The NPC Ash erupted in the same case - but he never became a detective, he was transfered to forensics, and thus erupted slightly differently. He had a modified version of Pretercognition (instead of Ash's souped-up Intuition) and he also had Luck. He made an overwhelming Pre-cog roll, and triple-botched a Luck roll, thus leading to him being the first nova dead after the device activated. :tombstone:

He spent half the episode meditating, what more do you want? :P
You spent half the episode helping Brandt control his temper with thought techniques and breathing exercises. Not a single mention of Odin anywhere! ::tongue

Seriously, it just seemed like you were a better pagan in Fallout than you were in Overclocked. Other than dealing with Gwen (a construct, not an animal) you really didn't have anything to do with the natural order. Neither did Paul, which is why he didn't get his Force of Nature point. That's all.

Sacrafice a goat ;)
No blood sacrifices are needed. (They're also strictly prohibited inside the SGE. Because it's hard to find a janitor willing to clean up a blood sacrifice.)

No blood sacrifices are needed. (They're also strictly prohibited inside the SGE. Because it's hard to find a janitor willing to clean up a blood sacrifice.)

Doesn't that conflict a little with the terms of Michal's company secrets policy? ::sly

I'm also dropping 2 XP for dorm'.. And I will get back to you on the rest.
Without the benefits of the psychic link, it'll take you about five days to learn how to dorm. But I thought you weren't going to be at the SGE for that? Isn't Ms. Mencia expecting you? ::sly

Without the benefits of the psychic link, it'll take you about five days to learn how to dorm. But I thought you weren't going to be at the SGE for that? Isn't Ms. Mencia expecting you? ::sly

Hurr hurr hurr, I didn't say WHEN I was making the date for, did I? ::tongue

Hurr hurr hurr, I didn't say WHEN I was making the date for, did I? ::tongue
Nope, you conveniently left that little detail out, which is why I as the omnipotent ST has decided it for you. ::tongue

Seriously folks, post what you want to buy and what you're planning to do with your month of downtime. Post outtakes if you want, post a trailer after Archer does his if you want.

Esteban will be arriving at the SGE on the 8th of October (and the next mission, Hero Worship, is sue to start on the 12th of Oct).

Right, I remember the other question! Alex asked me how exactly he (and the rest of you) were acquiring taint on Overclocked.

Pretty simply, every use of quantum gave a point of temporary taint. Thus, attunement was also handing Paul temporary taint, all the bodymorphs and healing, Brandt's speed, Jon's TK - everything handed you temporary taint equal to the QP you spent. However, it can be bled off, at the exchange rate of one point per week if you can't dorm and don't spend quantum, or one point every other day if you are dormed.

Which means that fully dormed, it'll take Paul 68 days to burn it all off, due almost completely to the massive amounts of healing he did (15 points) and the transportation (12 points). If the rest of you learn dorm, you should have it all burned off before the end of the month of downtime.

Right, I remember the other question! Alex asked me how exactly he (and the rest of you) were acquiring taint on Overclocked.

Pretty simply, every use of quantum gave a point of temporary taint. Thus, attunement was also handing Paul temporary taint, all the bodymorphs and healing, Brandt's speed, Jon's TK - everything handed you temporary taint equal to the QP you spent. However, it can be bled off, at the exchange rate of one point per week if you can't dorm and don't spend quantum, or one point every other day if you are dormed.

Which means that fully dormed, it'll take Paul 68 days to burn it all off, due almost completely to the massive amounts of healing he did (15 points) and the transportation (12 points). If the rest of you learn dorm, you should have it all burned off before the end of the month of downtime.

Poor Paul. ::sad If Brandt had done transport, or even helped, it would've cut down on Paul's accumulation considerably.

Thanks for taking one for the team Alex! ::biggrin

Narr: On this episode of Trans-D, tensions run high.

*Brief clip of camera panning around the briefing table and the scowls on different members faces as they look at each other*

Narr: The team visits a world where chaos reigns supreme...

*Camera shot pans out to show the fountain of blood, heads on pikes and the displacer beast.*

Narr: Danger lurks...

*A one second shot of the battle against Rodi*

Narr: And madness waits.

*Extended shot of Brandt's tears rolling down his anguished face as he clutches his head and screams, PLEASE HELP ME!!!*

Narr: Can the team survive the bizarre effects of this world on their powers?

*Shot of Paul's horror as he starts to glow, then cuts to the scene of Paul losing his grip on Eli*

Narr: Or will their only option be the destruction of this hellish place?

*Close-up of Ash setting the timer on the bomb, then the timer ticking down.*

Narr: New episode, tonight, on Sci-Fi!

You spent half the episode helping Brandt control his temper with thought techniques and breathing exercises. Not a single mention of Odin anywhere! ::tongue

Seriously, it just seemed like you were a better pagan in Fallout than you were in Overclocked. Other than dealing with Gwen (a construct, not an animal) you really didn't have anything to do with the natural order. Neither did Paul, which is why he didn't get his Force of Nature point. That's all.

You've never done guided meditation with a pagan, then. There's usually a lot of spiritual symbolism used when walking someone through focusing their thoughts. But oh well, some episodes provide more opportunities for Paul and I to use those aspects of our characters than others.

Archived