Argh! My ticker!!

Heritage

Sorry to be so absent the last few days, but I was literally rushed to the ER on Wednsday night from work afraid I was having a heart attack, which thankfully turned out not to be the case. My brother had a non-fatal heart attack when he was 38, just one year older than me, plus I have hypertension and a mild arythmia, so I don't mess around when I have chest pain! After an angiogram and a lot of bland hospital food, I was finally released with a more or less clean bill of health; I need to lose weight, eat better and get some regular exercise to make sure nothing like this happens again. I consider this the equivelent of being let go with a warning ::smile

So give me day or so to get back on my feet - sitting for long periods of time might be painful for a while due to the tiny hole in my groin muscle ::ohmy

Tiny hole in the groin muscle?

Yeah, just don´t ask ::wink

BTW, I know such a story by myself, just the other way round.

It has been during my Airforce-time. I had been in Basic training for a month and caught me a bad cold. My bloodpressure was quite low then and so they made a ECG. My Rhythm had been a little disturbed. Two month later (!!!) when I finished basics and should transfer to my new unit, they told me to go to a military hospital for further examinations, because they assumed that I possibly had a valvular defect. So I went to that hospital and they made several different ECGs. Naturally, there wasn´t anything they could find but I had to stay there for 14 booooring days. After 10 days had was nearly going insane. ::wacko Because I had a possible heart problem I wasn´t alllowed to do ANYTHING but laying ,sitting and a little bit of walking around, and always had to be acompanied by someone, there could have been the possiblility for me to have a heart attack or such ::brick . For three month they had put me through the mill, and then they wrapped me in cotton. And all for nothing. Being the only patient in that station on the weekends wasn´t fun at all, too. No Radio, no TV and nearly nobody to talk to. Additionally, the nurses hadn´t been quite pleased to do weekend duty because of me, too. Since those days I HATE hospitals and hope that I never have to be in one once again. ::angry

BTW, I know such a story by myself, just the other way round.

Oh...I thought it was going to be a story about a tiny groin muscle in a hole... ::wink

Once there was a girl who asked a midget "gimme nine inches and make it hurt!"

So he screwed her three times and he punched her!

(*badap chee* Thank you thank you!)

::biggrin

Actually my reading week just started as January term's over. (my faculty has a january term as they invite profs from faculties around the world so students have one intensive course during the month, every day of the week.) So I've set aside the law books and pulled out an Aubrey-Maturin book, bliss... ::smile

Archived