Trinity RPG - General comments

jsnead

I haven't looked at this site in a while and was exceptionally pleased to see that India Underground is finished. I have not had a chance to read it throughly, but I was deeply impressed. I love the info about the Order and the rules for QK.

I also looked over the Qin character generation info and was somewhat disappointed. Like like most of it, but not allowing Qin to learn Mindshare or Psychbending makes no sense and goes against the info in Alien Encounter: Deception. I'd definitely allow them to learn both at up to 3 dots. In contrast, I can see allowing them to learn more than 2 dots of any Clairvoyance Mode, there is not evidence that they are particularly skilled at Clairvoyance. Personally, I'd allow them learn up to 2 dots in any Biokinesis, Vitakinesis, or Clairvoyance mode, but would have all of those cost more than Telepathy modes (the cost in the chargen makes sense).

Also, Qin Bodyguard biosuits have a Dex higher than 2, as do some of the Qin in Alien Encounter: Deception and biosuits do not add to Dex. I'd limit starting Qin (out of suits) to Str 1, Appearance 1, and Stamina 1 or 2, and I'd only allow them to improve Stamina (meter-long slugs can only get be strong or so attractive (to humans). I'd either raise the number of stat points to 13 for Diplomats and allow them to raise Dex & raise the number of stat points for Bodyguards to 9 and also allow them to raise Dex. I'd also allow Qin to increase Stamina with Bonus Points.

Beyond that, I quite like this chargen set up.

I've never read Alien Encounter: Deception ( ::cry ), but I thought that I read somewhere that Qin had no psi abilities at all? Or is this just a party line?
Neither, in the main book, Qin diplomats are listed as having Psi 4 & Empathy 1+, and Qin bodyguards have Psi 2 & Empathy 1+. All Qin are psychic

For Diplomats the listing is:

Aptitude: (Telepathy) Empathy 1+

This definitely reveals they can learn more than one dot in Empathy and suggests that they can learn other modes of Telepathy to.

On a side note, I just looked back over the chargen rules and the skill limits listed are also too strict. Bodyguards can certainly learn Subterfuge and Rapport (as witnessed by the Qin Bodyguard templete in the main book, which has both Subterfuge 2 and Rapport 1, and the bodyguards in Alien Encounter: Deception who have Subterfuge 3).

I can definitely see limiting Diplomats to no more than 2 dots in Brawl, Firearms, Melee and Might and limiting Bodyguards to no more than 2 dots in Academics, Bureaucracy, and Rapport, but stricter limits than that seem the result of interpreting the very few Qin write-ups we have far too rigidly.

What Qin generation rules are you looking at? There was one post here with some good ones, apparently they were going to be added to the Alien sourcebook when it was going to be made. Let me find the link.

Edit:

Actually, they were rules created by you lol

http://www.eononline.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1655

I have a question if you don't mind (and if you can even remember): under the Qin biotech suit accessories, you list something called Shutdown/Shock Ring. What is Shutdown? I can't seem to find any device by that name...

What Qin generation rules are you looking at?

Here are the Qin rules I was commenting on

I have a question if you don't mind (and if you can even remember): under the Qin biotech suit accessories, you list something called Shutdown/Shock Ring.  What is Shutdown?  I can't seem to find any device by that name...
Shutdown is a restricted bioapp from Hidden Agendas (page 39-40). Hidden Agendas is the screen book for Trinity and contains a surprising amount of excellent info.

I just like to say thank for the kind words you had for India. I wrote the order overview section and about half of the descriptions for the powers (along with the rules for the primary Enhancement set), and your words of complement ment alot to me. Thanks.

-Slag

Archived