Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BlueNinja

Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Trans-Dimensional Explorations

Recommended Posts

Once Esteban, Defender and the mannequin have left the room and the door closes, Nathan will Alter the door(s) to a solid block of Osmium/Iridium alloy 3ft thick as previously mentioned.

"Paul with your telepathy could you tell me when they want back in, or should we stay in here while we guide them to where the Meklar are?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Paul with your telepathy could you tell me when they want back in, or should we stay in here while we guide them to where the Meklar are?"
Paul replies,

"I can and will monitor Esteban closely."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan stops and turns to Esteban.

"I think you misunderstood, I'm only intending to seal off engine room. I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough juice to do a load of doors or corridors."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"No, I understood you. Keep this room and its goodies secure until such time as we can clear out the infestation and poke about at our leisure..."

((PS you need to close your speech with or simply use the highlight and color box functions if you want it to look right..I've been tidying up your messes for ya... ::wink ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Damn, sorry guys, I've looked everywhere I can think of, and I can't find a security or life signs scanner that will give me the location of people on the ship. You'll just have to go out and use you EM scan to look through the walls ahead to surprise them. Good Hunting!"

((Sorry Sky, did I miss one again, I have been trying to be more careful about it. Half or more of the time I'm posting from my cellphone and have to type the code as it can't handle selecting an area then hitting a button/menu.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I've never attempted something like this...but perhaps I could create a motion sensor device. It may be something simple ((ie. Aliens)) but it surely could assist us. Not that seeing through walls doesn't already do that!"

((Summon Roll Please. I 'm going for a motion detection hand held. If i have to go larger (backpack sized) I'll surely do that.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"I've never attempted something like this...but perhaps I could create a motion sensor device. It may be something simple ((ie. Aliens)) but it surely could assist us. Not that seeing through walls doesn't already do that!"

((Summon Roll Please. I 'm going for a motion detection hand held. If i have to go larger (backpack sized) I'll surely do that.))

((With Matter Creation, ironically enough, larger isn't better.)) On the second try, you summon up a motion detector. It identifies everyone as a "blip" along the plane that the detector is pointed in (meaning if you hold it level, you won't get movement on the floors above or below you). It's about the size of a hardback book, and will pick up movement 10-30 meters away, depending on how many walls you're trying to read through.
"Ready to rumble?" El Nahual asks of the Defender?

The two make their way through the ship tunnels with Nathan reinforcing the bulkheads. Esteban is sure to actively "handle" the Defender:

"Alright, I can see when they are going to come around corners so we ambush them hard and fast and then retreat back to other tunnels. Keep 'em guessing and force them into fighting us in bottlenecks. Sound good?"

"Just point me in the right direction!" he cries, and takes up a station in the hallway in front of you. The first of the Meklar should be rounding the corner in a few seconds, and his buddies are strung out behind him - they're larger, without enough room to come around the corner next to each other.

[edit] Initiative:

Defender: 14

Esteban: 13

Meklar 1: 12

Meklar 2: 10

Meklar 3&4: 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nodding to Zhenglai, Brandt thinks back at Paul. *Nice work. As soon as Zhenglai here opens a gate, we'll be on our way.*

Aloud, he says, "Ready when you are."

Zhenglai nods and opens a warp back to the troops in Las Vegas. As Brandt is carrying back the weapon, he frowns. "Perhaps you should take the thing up into the hills a few miles away. If only to confuse the guardian ship when you open fire."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Defender goes first....?

"Paul, Mask, shall we go relieve the troops at shield room?"

Did Nathan have any luck Altering the door behind our intrepid protectors into a 3ft thick slab of Osmium/Iridium alloy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zhenglai nods and opens a warp back to the troops in Las Vegas. As Brandt is carrying back the weapon, he frowns. "Perhaps you should take the thing up into the hills a few miles away. If only to confuse the guardian ship when you open fire."

Brandt nods agreement. Glancing around, he gestures towards a hilltop a few miles away. "I'll be over there. If there's any return fire after my inital blast, I'll try to take this," he hefts the cannon, "with me, but if it slows me down too much I may have to drop it." He pauses, then looks up at the sky, his face expressionless.

Bringing his face back down to look at Zhenglai, he's suddenly sporting a wide grin that's only betrayed a tightness around the eyes. "Alright then. I'll see you in a little while."

With a brief stirring of dust, he's gone, darting to the hilltop he'd picked out just a moment ago. Seconds later, Brandt finishes the setup of the anti-spacecraft weapon and waits for it to acquire a target. Reaching out through the link, he messages Paul. *I'm just about to let this thing rip, Dr. Blue...so be ready for any repercussions.*

His message sent, Brandt waits for the machine to beep it's confirmation, then fires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With a brief stirring of dust, he's gone, darting to the hilltop he'd picked out just a moment ago. Seconds later, Brandt finishes the setup of the anti-spacecraft weapon and waits for it to acquire a target. Reaching out through the link, he messages Paul. *I'm just about to let this thing rip, Dr. Blue...so be ready for any repercussions.*
Paul says and sends through the link to the people not present,

"Brandt is going to fire on the other ship."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((I'll give Esteban a chance to give Defender any suggestions, the firing should take place the same time as that combat round.))

Brandt nods agreement. Glancing around, he gestures towards a hilltop a few miles away. "I'll be over there. If there's any return fire after my inital blast, I'll try to take this," he hefts the cannon, "with me, but if it slows me down too much I may have to drop it." He pauses, then looks up at the sky, his face expressionless.

Bringing his face back down to look at Zhenglai, he's suddenly sporting a wide grin that's only betrayed a tightness around the eyes. "Alright then. I'll see you in a little while."

With a brief stirring of dust, he's gone, darting to the hilltop he'd picked out just a moment ago. Seconds later, Brandt finishes the setup of the anti-spacecraft weapon and waits for it to acquire a target. Reaching out through the link, he messages Paul. *I'm just about to let this thing rip, Dr. Blue...so be ready for any repercussions.*

His message sent, Brandt waits for the machine to beep it's confirmation, then fires.

The gun locks on to the target, and Brandt pushes the button. High above, a blossom of light appears, and the screen lights up with information. Most of it doesn't make sense to Brandt, except for "Shield strength remaining: 40%" and the countdown timer.

Then it beeps, blanks, and a new message appears: "Weapon lock on location. Impact in 2 seconds."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gun locks on to the target, and Brandt pushes the button. High above, a blossom of light appears, and the screen lights up with information. Most of it doesn't make sense to Brandt, except for "Shield strength remaining: 40%" and the countdown timer.

Then it beeps, blanks, and a new message appears: "Weapon lock on location. Impact in 2 seconds."

"Shit." Grabbing the cannon, Brandt leaves a cartoon-like puff outline of himself as he bolts back down the hill. Unsure how well the massive weapon will hold up at full speed, he accelerates as quickly as he dares, keeping an eye and ear on the cannon for any signs of stress.

His own stress he was already doing his best to manage. *Incoming fire on my position!*, he yells through the link. *Zhenglai, if I manage to dodge this thing, I'll need a warp to drop the weapon through, so get one ready to someplace nice and isolated!*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Knock them back into the ones behind them!" Esteban tells the Defender. Meanwhile he jumps out, ambushing a Meklar by (attempting to) sinking his claws into its chest, using it as a living shield to smash into it's comrades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So the Defender goes first....?
Yep.
Did Nathan have any luck Altering the door behind our intrepid protectors into a 3ft thick slab of Osmium/Iridium alloy?
Yes. Both doors into the engine room are now fused solidly into the bulkheads on all sides.
His own stress he was already doing his best to manage. *Incoming fire on my position!*, he yells through the link. *Zhenglai, if I manage to dodge this thing, I'll need a warp to drop the weapon through, so get one ready to someplace nice and isolated!*
Roughly two seconds after you fire, a blinding flare of greenish-white light slams into the ground about fifty meters behind your heels. (You take 1 Bashing ping damage.) Shielded by your body, the weapon seems ok, as far as you can tell while continuing to run at Mach 2. ::wink About a second later, Zhenglai speaks over the link. I have a warp open to a lovely place in Alberta I visted once. If there's anything still there, we'll at least have a roof over our head.

((Have to do the combat later; the computer I'm on doesn't have Acrobat Reader ... or Excel ... or even Java installed. ::glare ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughly two seconds after you fire, a blinding flare of greenish-white light slams into the ground about fifty meters behind your heels. (You take 1 Bashing ping damage.) Shielded by your body, the weapon seems ok, as far as you can tell while continuing to run at Mach 2. ::wink About a second later, Zhenglai speaks over the link. I have a warp open to a lovely place in Alberta I visted once. If there's anything still there, we'll at least have a roof over our head.

Making a wide arc on his return path so there's less stress on the weapon, Brandt bolts back to where he'd left Zhenglai. *Get ready to jump through that warp! I'm comin' in hot!*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Knock them back into the ones behind them!" Esteban tells the Defender. Meanwhile he jumps out, ambushing a Meklar by (attempting to) sinking his claws into its chest, using it as a living shield to smash into it's comrades.
The Defender is just a tad bit faster than Esteban, lunging forward in a blur of red, white, and blue to slam a steel-hard fist into the first Meklar. The stunning blow seems to slide right off the air an inch away from the warrior in a sudden discharge of static electricity. "Foul!" he cries out.

A moment later, you hit the same Meklar warrior. Despite your best efforts, the blow is little more than glancing, skittering through the energy field and leaving a trail of deep gouges in the "chest" plate. (2 Lethal damage.) This Meklar seems taken by surprise by this second attack, rearing back in surprise.

The Meklar immediately behind him extends some kind of device out of one "arm" and fires a burst of plasma at the Defender. It strikes him square in the face, which merely causes him to blink. The other two warriors are still behind the corner of the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Making a wide arc on his return path so there's less stress on the weapon, Brandt bolts back to where he'd left Zhenglai. *Get ready to jump through that warp! I'm comin' in hot!*
You arrive, zip through the Warp, and it closes right behind you. When you slow down and circle back to where Zhenglai dropped you, he's standing below a weather-worn sign that reads "Komfy Kabins," and there are a dozen of them in sight along a small gravel road. "I don't know if anyone is around in this universe, but this should be fairly safe for the few minutes it will take to re-power the weapon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Witnessing the first round of traded blows, The Mask sees that the enemy is protected in some sort of energy field. Hoping that it works better against physical attacks, he will loose a bolt of Quantum energy at the already damaged for. (( or another that he has a shot at ))

Before he looses the bolt he yells "Firing on the Right"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...