Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Trans-Dimensional Explorations

BlueNinja

Paul glances at Cameron and sends to Zhenglai,

*Zhenglai, please forward this telepathically to Caeron.*

*Cameron, there's something we should have brought up before going through the gate but we were busy. Everyone on the team has accepted a mental link between Paul and themselves. Think of it as a quantum telephone.*

*Although the power is akin to telepathy it's not invasive and either party can end the transmission. It can't be intercepted, it doesn't cost juice to use or re-establish, and it works over a range of half the world. Paul regularly rotates the link between everyone to poll everyone on what they think. I'd ask you verbally but there's no point in having a secret way to talk if you're going to talk about it in front of strange novas who have no need to know about it. If you're willing, just walk over to Paul and tap him on the shoulder.*

Paul's back is turned to Cameron and towards most everyone else. If he accepts Paul will create the link.

Cameron doesn't seem surprised by the telepathic message. His eyes sweep the group, remembering names, before he steps forward and taps Paul on the shoulder.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patricia looks at Paul. “Your boss said something about this thing having a minimum range of a couple of kilometers. Will it still work if you fire it point-blank like that? I’m up for trying, though.” She looks at Mask. “If it doesn’t work, we can still try giving them a couple dozen gallons of napalm.”

Caliente also looks at Mask. ”If you can come up with a couple gallons of gas and a phosphorous grenade, can’t you come up with an oxygen mask for your buddies?”

Patricia looks at Paul. “Your boss said something about this thing having a minimum range of a couple of kilometers. Will it still work if you fire it point-blank like that? I’m up for trying, though.”
Paul answers,

"Having never seen it in action, I don't know. But we'll have a better idea after doing the first one. Backwash is a real consideration, but as I understand it while the initial beam would be considered something like a quantum bolt and go through, anything that happened afterwards would be an environment effect and stay on the other side of the gate." Paul says that last part with a lack of certainty.

Cameron doesn't seem surprised by the telepathic message. His eyes sweep the group, remembering names, before he steps forward and taps Paul on the shoulder.
Paul glances behind him and creates the link. He sends,

*Zap. Can you hear me now?*

Patricia looks at Paul. “Your boss said something about this thing having a minimum range of a couple of kilometers. Will it still work if you fire it point-blank like that? I’m up for trying, though.” She looks at Mask. “If it doesn’t work, we can still try giving them a couple dozen gallons of napalm.”

Caliente also looks at Mask. ”If you can come up with a couple gallons of gas and a phosphorous grenade, can’t you come up with an oxygen mask for your buddies?”

The mask tilts his glass wreathed head towards the new Novas.

"A breathing device could be constructed with limited difficulty, yes. As would be napalm or explosives all together. The Quantum energies are capable of all sorts of things...and the Mask has control over those energies."

Jonathan listens intently to everyone's ideas.

"Alright, so Paul, your basic idea is to have the group with the gun take out the ship hovering over the downed ship ASAP, then warp to deal with the third ship over the carribean? And once the first ship is down, everyone who can handle the environment breaks into the downed ship?"

"And when we do invade the downed ship, the first thing we're going to do is warp some explosives inside, close the warp, and detonate them as a distraction, then warp back in somewhere else to raid their ship for as much as we can get?"

"It's still risky, but as long as we can actually take both the airborne ships out, that's one less thing for the invading team to worry about."

"Problem with that is, if we get attacked inside the ship, and the oxygen masks get damaged, they may wind up suffocating. I'd rather not risk it."

Paul easily creates the link to Cameron. (At this rate, by season 2 Paul will have a mental address list for his link of around a thousand people.)

Frio nods to Jonathan. ”I hadn’t thought about that. It’s just that most of our novas who could survive atmospheres like that were out in space when they arrived. Not too many of them came back.”

Zhenglai shakes his head and corrects Jonathan. “Take out the one over the islands first. I know its shields are down right now. The one orbiting the crashed scout ship is probably prepared for trouble. Deal with that one second, whether with explosives or the weapon or an attack force.” He then sighs, and adjusts his sword. “I must confess that I should be able to survive the hostile atmosphere on board, and my ability to alter emotions is what freed Patricia when she placed the nuke about the first ship.”

"Alright, so Paul, your basic idea is to have the group with the gun take out the ship hovering over the downed ship ASAP, then warp to deal with the third ship over the carribean? And once the first ship is down, everyone who can handle the environment breaks into the downed ship?"
Paul replies,

"Almost. We should do the Caribbean ship first since it's shield is down."

"And on the subject of gas masks, I'd be hesitant to use any conjured Oxygen. We know it's not stable and bad things might happen when it goes away, even if it's inside someone. But there has to be some locally."

Paul replies,

"Almost. We should do the Caribbean ship first since it's shield is down."

"And on the subject of gas masks, I'd be hesitant to use any conjured Oxygen. We know it's not stable and bad things might happen when it goes away, even if it's inside someone. But there has to be some locally."

"Both you, Dr. Blue, and Jonathan have valid points in regards to conjured Oxygen and the stabillity of breathing equipment, though one key element is missing. Not everyone has to go. The Mask, for one, is capable of surviving these environments, perhaps the Mask could open the gate pass through, and deliver the explosion. A quantum cocoon of force should help shield off the damage of the explosion, should traveling through a gate prove time consuming. While this is happening, Brandt could attack the ship with the laser and finnish the job, or target another vessel."

Caliente shakes his head to Esteban. "None of the aliens

has emerged from their ship. We had a number of people - baseline

military, mostly - attempt to storm the ship. A few of them got to

within a few hundred yards of the ship, close enough that the orbital

ship couldn't fire on them without hitting their own. But they went in

through something that looked like an airlock, and we never heard

anything more from them." He looks grave. "That

was two weeks ago. None of them knew about the different atmosphere

inside - but the aliens would have had to stop them from coming right

back outside again."

Frio and Caliente look at each other. "Did you bring

them a picture?"

"Me? Why am I the one who always has to carry

stuff?"

"Um ... well, we flew here from Las Vegas - it's a little

place up in the mountains. Not a big enough target to get hit by the

aliens. I don't suppose any of you have been there?" He looks

beseechingly at the group.

((a few warp rolls later - let's not bog this down any more than we have

to))

This universe's "Las Vegas" is nothing more than a little town of a few

hundred people, now swollen to almost a thousand, thanks to novas and

military, Swedish and Mexican and American, who have come to try and get

inside the crashed Meklar scout ship. The mountain air is surprisingly

cold for December, meaning you're probably higher in the mountains than

you would have expected. A few of the novas and the military people sit

up and pay attention (so to speak) when the warp opens and everyone

emerges, especially given the giant doohicky Brandt is carrying.

"We arrive! Welcome to the beautiful Las Vegas

amenities. There's a couple of novas who'll want to go with you. The

Defender of Justice, himself recovering from a brutal crash into the

Hopi desert, will probably insist on getting revenge."

"Hey! Nathan! Over here!" Caliente actually

shouts this in English, waving to one of the novas watching the group.

"Nathan is the nova we mentioned - he said something

about phasing through the rocks to reach their ship. I'm not sure how;

my Ingles is not quite that good."

"Hey! Nathan! Over here!" Caliente actually

shouts this in English, waving to one of the novas watching the group.

"Nathan is the nova we mentioned - he said something

about phasing through the rocks to reach their ship. I'm not sure how;

my Ingles is not quite that good."

The 6ft tall nova, presumably Nathan, jogs over to the group, his bedoiun style robe blowing gently behind him, revealing the combats underneath. He comes straight over to Patricia, Paul and Jonathan, assuming they are within easy talking distance of one another.

'Glad, you could make it. Ms Knowles, your input from your experiences during the initial encounters has been solely missed and there are a number of gentlemen down there who wish to pick your brains at length.' He has a British accent, of no particular class or region.

Turning to Paul.

'Dr Blue, I gather from the description the Defender and those left from HQ gave me, could you introduce me to your assiocates?'

To Jonathan: 'I realise that you are the leader of this group, but I'm afraid no-one I've spoken to remembered your name from the meeting at their HQ. If you hadn't turned up now, then Defender and myself were going to attempt a recce of the grounded vehicle once he had sufficiently recovered. Now you are here, we better hear your plans before we decide how our efforts should best be directed.'

Looking around at the group. 'I see you've brought some extra people as well as equipment this time. I assume your delay in returning was to complete that interesting looking item?' He nods over to Brandt and the laser.

Turning back to Jonathan again: 'By the way, once we get a quieter minute I'd like to discuss with you just where you all disappeared to for the last 2 weeks.'

Nathan stops talking suddenly and pauses, then takes a deep breath.

With a wry grin he looks around the group and says: 'Sorry about that, still find it a pain slowing down to a single line of thought for a conversation. I'll try again, more coherently this time I hope.'

'As Caliente says, my name is Nathan, Nathan Peter Scott to be exact, and I'm very pleased to meet you all. As you may tell from my accent I'm from britain, and where you are all from is something I'd like to discuss with you, but thats for a later, quieter time perhaps. I have spoken to the Defender and some of the people who were at the meeting you had at their HQ in the hours leading upto the intial attacks, so I know some of your names, but I'm afraid the information was a bit sketchy so anything you'd care to fill in would be appreciated.'

'You've obviously returned with more people than we met last time you were here, and with more equipment, which implies at least a vague plan of what you intended doing with it. This is bound to impact what little plans we have, so I at least would like to hear them.'

'As for us, at the moment little other than useless discussion has been going on recently. The Defender is just about ready for action again, which perhaps Dr Blue could help with?'

'Anyway the only concrete plan we had at the moment was for myself to phase under the ground and back up into the downed ship taking the Defender with me. This should avoid fire from the highguard ship. After a quick recce to ascertain interior conditions, and to perhaps worsen them a bit, we would return to provide our intelligence.'

'I'm afraid that Ms Knowles leaving with you has left us without sufficient information on conditions inside one of these ships for anyone to attempt to duplicate her success from the initial attacks.'

He looks expentantly around the group.

'So who's going to go first?'

Paul says,

"Hey there Nathan. Pleased to meet you. As you already know, I'm Dr. Paul Blue, Healer and Animal Telepath. The guy with the BFG is Brandt, you already know Patricia..." Paul goes around and introduces Nathan around (OOC: feel free to intro yourself).

"I'd thought Defender died in the first wave. If you'll show me to him I'll see what I can do. Maybe there are some others I can put on their feet as well. I think the plan is to use the BFG to waste the two flying ships and then try to take the down one."

"Esteban Del Castillo." the spaniard holds out his hand warmly. "I was hired to handle team security," adding in a mock-whisper "as if a team of Novas really needs protection..."

"In all seriousness though I believe I was handpicked for my skills in survival and exploration, my abilities lending themselves well to reconnaisance and espionage. One of my personal objectives is to capture one of their soldiers for dissection and interogation. 'S'why I was asking if anyone has encountered their ground troops. If they weren't, well...you know aliens, I would consider it suspicious that they haven't mobilized to salvage the downed ship or at least scuttle it..."

Realizing that he was running on a bit in his enthusiasm he tapers himself off,

"In any case, if Jonathan is willing, I'd like to accompany you in the initial recce Senor ehScott."

((OOC and in case you didn't realize, the part of Esteban is played by a young and intense looking Antonio Banderas. ::happy ))

'Thanks Paul, its obviously damn hard to put the Defender down for good, but anything you can do to help would be appreciated.'

He starts leading them down towards the other novas and military.

'As for myself, my powers are Molecular Manipulation, Matter Chameleon, and I recently gained some Shapeshifting. I've rarely engaged in much combat, my role here being more liaison with the military types.'

'Please Estiban, call me Nathan, or as some of the Americans insist on doing, Nat. I also have enjoyed exploring the world, and even a few trips to the other planets. Unfortunately, due to time pressure in the lab and my Adaptability, I haven't developed my survival skills beyond the basic training from when I briefly joined the Army Engineering Corp. It's called REME in Britain, although I suppose it may not be called that wherever it is that you all come from?

'Perhaps I'll get a chance to learn more about combat and survival from you in the future

Frio looks around, and nods once he sees that everyone seems to be getting along with each other. "Well, I'll leave you in the sometimes capable hands of my brother. Doctor, if you wish to see the Defender, I believe the school building," he points down the street to a small-town school building, "he is alive, though still injured. Despite his quite high nova resistance to damage, he did come very close to dying." With that, he heads over to the group of baseline military folks, who start badgering him with questions right away.

Caliente threatens his brother with a feinted punch, then turns back to the group. "We have some pictures of the downed craft, if you want to use it to plan. It crashed about a hundred miles to the south, just over the hills. So far, the orbiting ship has been blasting anything that gets within about forty kilometers of it."

"Defender and I were willing to put up with the time it would take to phase the roughly 50km from a safe area to the ship. I'm afraid my phasing is only at a walking type pace Estiban, so if you wished to take Defenders place it would take us quite a while to get there. I assume you don't need to breathe? However, now that you are all here I assume that there will be better options available?'

Frio looks around, and nods once he sees that everyone seems to be getting along with each other. "Well, I'll leave you in the sometimes capable hands of my brother. Doctor, if you wish to see the Defender, I believe the school building," he points down the street to a small-town school building, "he is alive, though still injured. Despite his quite high nova resistance to damage, he did come very close to dying." With that, he heads over to the group of baseline military folks, who start badgering him with questions right away.
Paul nods and heads towards the previously mentioned school. Reaching it he knocks on the front door and tries to open it, saying,

"Hello!? Is Defender in here?"

"Defender and I were willing to put up with the time it would take to phase the roughly 50km from a safe area to the ship. I'm afraid my phasing is only at a walking type pace Estiban, so if you wished to take Defenders place it would take us quite a while to get there. I assume you don't need to breathe? However, now that you are all here I assume that there will be better options available?'

Brandt snorts. "Indeed. I can have you there in seconds." He pauses, looking thoughtful. "Although, I should do a test run to see if I can outrun their weapons."

The speedster glances around. "Any objections? I'll leave the weapon here, and just dart past the downed ship to see what happens. I've been assuming they can't hit me, but I'd prefer to make sure of that before we start any coordinated attacks."

The Mask nods in approval of Brandt's idea.

"This is a good plan. If the counter attack is based on speed, it would help if the speed were enough."

He pauses as he takes several moments to glare at yet another version of Las Vegas, an audible sigh is heard, albeit in his unearthly voice. He continues.

"It is strange that this team arrives, constantly in different versions of this place. It is as if, it has some sort of significance that has yet to be revealed."

He turns his head toward the group as if to add to the sentence. Turning back almost as quickly to just stare into the open air.

Brandt snorts. "Indeed. I can have you there in seconds." He pauses, looking thoughtful. "Although, I should do a test run to see if I can outrun their weapons."

The speedster glances around. "Any objections? I'll leave the weapon here, and just dart past the downed ship to see what happens. I've been assuming they can't hit me, but I'd prefer to make sure of that before we start any coordinated attacks."

"Eh. Careful there Senior Brandt. They are mechanized beings with computer enhanced targeting systems....I'd hate to lose you over test-run..."

Paul sends back,

*Best to kill that ship while it's Forcefield is down before we start them shooting at us. Do that then we can worry about coordination. Low hanging fruit people.*

"I agree. If they feel at all threatened by you, we may lose the opportunity for a surprise attack."

"I agree. If they feel at all threatened by you, we may lose the opportunity for a surprise attack."

Suppressing the urge to grit his teeth, Brandt responds evenly. "Whatever you think is best."

Taking care not to transmit through the link, he manages his complaints mentally. *Idiots. They can't even decide on a plan of attack, much less coordinate one. I offer a low-risk scenario for everyone but myself, and when I dare to suggest making sure I can dodge the damnable alien overlords horrible atomic weapons, they shoot me down faster than the enemy above! Aagh. Our job is to test this weapon and go home. We can't save every world.* This last thought is tinged with regret and frustration, emotions quickly squashed as Brandt goes back to focusing on the task at hand.

"Excuse me, Nathan, I don't suppose you'd care for a cup of tea?"

"Thanks for the offer, Brandt was it?"

Then he adds with a grin. "But apart from when I was in the Army, I've always prefered instant coffee! Aren't stereotypes wonderful!"

"I take it you are a speedster then Brandt? Just how fast do you think you would be over desert terrain? Estiban has a good point, we almost lost a few people trying to do recces. That, and our lack of teleporters/warpers is the only reason for trying the long phase" ::ultracool

"Thanks for the offer, Brandt was it?"

Then he adds with a grin. "But apart from when I was in the Army, I've always prefered instant coffee! Aren't stereotypes wonderful!"

"I take it you are a speedster then Brandt? Just how fast do you think you would be over desert terrain? Estiban has a good point, we almost lost a few people trying to do recces. That, and our lack of teleporters/warpers is the only reason for trying the long phase" ::ultracool

Brandt returns the smile. "Well, I have both tea and coffee with me, and you're welcome to either. As for desert terrain? To be honest, the type of terrain has never really affected how fast I am." He shrugs, then setting the huge cannon down next to him, slings off his pack and kneels next to it. Looking up at Nathan as he digs around for his food bag and stove, he continues with a wink, "I think your real question is, how fast can I make it to the downed ship from here?"

In an eyeblink, Brandt's hands move, and suddenly his small cook area is complete: the stove on the ground, lit and flaming away, a tall metal canister filled with water atop it. Even his bag was re-packed and back on his shoulders. He glanced in the direction that the downed ship lay, then back at Nathan. "Roughly two and a half minutes. Is that fast enough?" ::sly

"9,000 kph, that is impressive. I doubt anyone of our people who tried can pull that sort of speed. That's about 2.5km per second, or 1 km every 400 milliseconds, but I can't see that challenging their detection/tracking/targeting systems. On the other hand if you know where there is a ship with it's forcefield down and have the weaponry to get in, take the shot, and warp out with less risk, then I'd certainly take that opportunity instead."

"Hopefully the shot at the Caribean ship would distract the highguard ship long enough for the boarding party to get close enough in safety. Were you planning on taking the highguard ship with the weapon as well, or warping a team inside to try to take it out? I'd recommend saving your boarding teams for the downed ship."

"Although I'm rather suspicious of what it may have been doing will it has been down here. I'd rather get some people in there to see what they can find out before we destroy it as well. As you can easily guess I'm volunteering to go with you, in addition to my powers, I gained a boosted Intellect with notable improvements to my understanding and intuition in the fields of Engineering and Science, in which I already held a couple of doctorates. Hopefully we could figure out what, if anything, they have been upto down here, and why they didn't simply abandon the ship." ::biggrin

"Since it took you guys two weeks to get to us I assume that the energy weapon that Brandt was carrying is a prototype? Do you know what it's effective range and likely damage are, or is this operation part of the testing phase? Did one of you build it, and/or could I have a look at the specs sometime?"

"Jonathon, I'd like to offer my services for helping to produce more if that's possible. I'm sure I could be of help with my skills, and my ability to Shape materials could, potentially, greatly reduce the construction time."

As the group look at the maps and photos that Caliente has supplied, and Nathan has spent a week or more studying he will say to the group in general.

"Sometimes it can be difficult to get a clear understanding of the reality of a situation from just a series of 2D images, perhaps this will help."

A thin black line rapidly spreads out across the ground from Nathan, leaving the surface of the ground Changed behind it until a 10m wide by 12m deep area around the group has turned into a topographical map of the area from Las Vegas to 10km beyond the shp and 100km wide. When the line of Change reaches the end of the area it retreats back to Nathan, the whole process taking only a second or less.

[Edited to include special effect of his power and clarify area of map.]

"Since it took you guys two weeks to get to us I assume that the energy weapon that Brandt was carrying is a prototype? Do you know what it's effective range and likely damage are, or is this operation part of the testing phase? Did one of you build it, and/or could I have a look at the specs sometime?"

"Jonathon, I'd like to offer my services for helping to produce more if that's possible. I'm sure I could be of help with my skills, and my ability to Shape materials could, potentially, greatly reduce the construction time."

Rather than rely on maps/photos Nathan will Change the surface of the local ground into a scale 3D map of the terrain from here to the downed ship, including the ship itself. If possible make it cover 10m to represent the 100km between Las Vegas and the ship.

"Er, well," Jonathan glances at the others and back at Nathan, "We'd certainly appreciate the help on this mission, but... well, we'll talk about that later. Where we're from.... well, you might not be comfortable coming with us. Then again, depending on how things turn out, you might not feel you have many other options." Jonathan looks sympathetic, "It's really terrible what's happened here, and I'm very sorry for all the people you've lost."

Jonathan looks somewhat impressed when Nathan creates the map, and pays attention to the others' planning while letting them do most of the talking and strategizing.

Looking around to see who else may be nearby and gauging his volume so that (hopefully) only the group will hear it, Nathan replies to Jonathan.

"Ok, we'll leave it for later, but just so that you know. I know you guys don't come from around here. A group of Empowered show up that no-one I've spoken to have heard of before, you know about these aliens, but can't give us much help at the time, and then vanish for two weeks before turning up with a new energy weapon. That weapon obviously was already being developed when you first came here, no-one could have done the research and construction required in only two weeks. When you left you were known to have taken Ms Knowles with you, and she was a valuable intelligence source, and yet Telepaths who can cover the planet were unable to find her. That meant that you must have come from off-plant, or possibly sideways to us. I might have started out in Engineering and Chemistry, but my favourite area of Physics is Quantum Theory in all it's aspects so I was aware of the theoretical possibility."

"And now Obsidian Mask has confirmed that theory, with his comment on coming to different versions of Las Vegas. There is little to keep me here, and indeed with the lack of facilities there is little I can do here to greatly help those who have survived. My time and energy would be much better spent travelling with you to find or develop better ways to counter this alien threat, which, giving your presence and evident knowledge, threatens many parallel Earths."

More loudly to include anyone else (Empowered or Military) nearby he will (apparently) continue.

"So you should hit the ship in the Caribean first then return to this general area", he steps carefully across the map to indicate the hill range to the south between LV and the downed ship,"to take your shot at the guard ship. I assume the weapon has enough range for that?"

He pauses for an answer, before continuing.

"Did you want to warp a boarding party either next to or into the downed ship after the first shot or wait until you have managed to destroy the guard ship? Has Ms Knowles told you anything about the conditions aboard their ships that we need to consider in either choosing the boarding party or in equiping them?'

While the rest of the party strategizes with Nathan, Paul enters the small school. It's only about four rooms and a small hallway, the largest set aside and turned into an infirmary of sorts. Defender is propped up on a bed, parts of his body still covered with burn bandages. "What ho, good doctor! Come to set me back on my feet? The Defender of Justice is loath to let evil knock him down!"

One of the nurses/doctors, who looks like a grizzled 'Nam-era hippie, comes over to Paul and starts murmuring softly. "If you're really a doctor, I hope you can do something and get him out of here. Most of the other cases we've got are fairly simple - some fractures, sprained muscles, and one friendly-fire to the bicep. Def over there, though, he's driving us nuts!" He points to a set of clipboards with thick stacks of paper on them. "Those are the records for the seventeen patients we've got right now." Flipping through them, Paul sees he's right - Defender has still got about 30% second degree burns (down from 90% a month ago), and there's four broken bones, a bunch of muscle sprains of varying severity, and one person recovering from two days of dehydration.

Outside, one of the Mexican military personnel wearing a rank of probably Lieutenant Colonel joins the discussion. "Greetings, senors and senoras. We've made a couple of attempts at the downed spaceship. The weapons in orbit are pretty damn fast - though I don't know if they're as fast as you," he nods to Brandt. "They can nail a dune buggy doing two hundred kilometers an hour. But they either couldn't target the rockets we launched, or just ignored them - they didn't do any damage to the ship anyway." He stops to consider something, looking at the map. "It landed in this little valley. The high side is here, towards us, and it's not quite all the way at the bottom - say a kilometer from ridge to bottom. But the ship above has been targeting absolutely everything up to about five kilometers away - the entire next valley. And it's learned to recognize vehicles and military outfits, enough that it's started taking shots at us from twenty to thirty kilometers. If you have multiple warpers, we can probably get some oxygen tanks from a Navy ship - they haven't been as important targets for the aliens. I want some of my soldiers along - novas or not, there's just not enough of you. Given their ship weapons, I wouldn't be surprised that they have hand weapons just as potent. We just haven't gotten close enough to find out."

Paul says to "The Defender",

"Big D! Glad to see you're alive. I'd thought you'd died out there."

Paul examines The Defender's medical chart and listens to the Doctor talk about his concerns. Then he puts the chart aside and says,

"Something? Well, maybe. Let's just give it a try."

Paul walks over to The Defender and puts his hand down on his chest. There's massive glow of light as he invokes his Healing power.

(Heal as much Lethal as I can)

"That's not quite true Colonel, there was that virtually intangible Empowered who managed to get to about 50m from the ship. Unfortunately, at that point a group of Meklar emerged from the ship in what could have been either spacesuits or power armour, and what he thought were wicked enough looking weapons for him to bug out."

"Drat, I should have mentioned it before Dr Blue left to see the Defender. Does anyone know if Dr Blue is able to attune another person to his quantum signature?

"I'm sorry about Esteban."

He glares at the Colonel.

"You know how the military likes to compartmentalize information. The brothers were busy elsewhere when the American Empowered in question made his run and left soon afterwards. Someone obviously decided the brothers didn't need to know about it."

Archived