Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - Trans-Dimensional Explorations

BlueNinja

(ooc - did the man fall face forward - or back?)
He landed with his back to the building, and from the sixth floor (as there's five floors on the building, and you're on the roof) and through the flame wings, it's not very clear what's wrong. He's looking at one of the uniformed men and is making some sort of gesture.

If they are looking over the side of the building, Brandt, Jonathan, Ash, Zhenglai, and Esteban, can all read the body language well enough to see that the nova is more scared of himself, than the uniforms are of him. The uniforms are also rather confused, almost as much as scared. They're not moving towards the eruptee like he's a threat, but rather that he's something unknown, and they need to protect the public from him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ash shakes his head. "Johnny-boy...I am not about to let this go on any longer then it has to. I think its time to make a new friend. If I don't get back in the next few minutes, leave without me. I'll keep in touch." he says and then *falls* over the edge...

He lands on top of an AC unit a floor underneath him and flips backwards...putting his pistol in his mouth and using that hand to grab onto the ac unit two floors down and a window row to the left and uses the momentum to help him roll onto the ground while he takes the pistol back into his hand.

"Groovy." he says, to himself more then anyone else. He straightens back up, reholsters his guns and quickly pushes his way through the crowd and making his way up to the cop that seems to be in charge.

"By the order of the Holy Order of the Apostles of Michael Archangel, I order you to ciece your actions and control the crowds. I shall make sure this child is taken to a proper place." he says with a definate tone of authority to his voice.

(Turning on Phys Prodegy then persuader)

Theo scowled, filled with dread as she looked down the front of the building, trying to spot which window the new nova fell from.

"We've got to get down to where he came out from," Theo said. She wished she'd brought a gun with her. Or a private investigator badge like Brass would flash at people, almost as good as a police badge. "Then to the alley and have Ash bring him to us so we can warp away from here."

And have a private talk with their new 'friend'.

Theo scowled, filled with dread as she looked down the front of the building, trying to spot which window the new nova fell from.

"We've got to get down to where he came out from," Theo said. She wished she'd brought a gun with her. Or a private investigator badge like Brass would flash at people, almost as good as a police badge. "Then to the alley and have Ash bring him to us so we can warp away from here."

He seems to have gone out one of the windows on the fourth floor. At least, there's a broken window there.
"Groovy." he says, to himself more then anyone else. He straightens back up, reholsters his guns and quickly pushes his way through the crowd and making his way up to the cop that seems to be in charge.

"By the order of the Holy Order of the Apostles of Michael Archangel, I order you to ciece your actions and control the crowds. I shall make sure this child is taken to a proper place." he says with a definate tone of authority to his voice.

(Turning on Phys Prodegy then persuader)

The uniforms (and they're not exactly cop uniforms, really, they remind you of a cross between a Catholic priest and a mall security guard) jump at the sound of your voice, and from this close you can see that the nova has four arms ... and seems to be covered with very fine, short, white fur. He turns towards you, and you can see that his eyes are lit with some kind of inner fire, as well. He's obviously a poster child for QBS. "What is wrong with me?" he cries out, loud enough to be heard on top of the building. "Why am I being punished by the Lord?" One of the uniforms backs off towards Ash, not lowering his club, but still not making any kind of really hostile move towards the nova. They seem happy to keep him contained for the moment.
Paul looks away from the action to check the sky line for other novas.
There are planes in the sky, but no sign of other novas. Of course, they could be invisible ... but given what you just heard, you somehow doubt it.

Ash turns towards the newly erupted nova and opens his arms with the palms pointing upwards. "My child," Ash says, brushing past the guard, getting just out of arms reach of the nova, "I have answers for your questions. I know why all this happened...and much more. All I need is for you to come with me...and to trust me for at least a little while." he calmly says as he extends one of his hands to the furry man...

(Persuader again)

Ash turns towards the newly erupted nova and opens his arms with the palms pointing upwards. "My child," Ash says, brushing past the guard, getting just out of arms reach of the nova, "I have answers for your questions. I know why all this happened...and much more. All I need is for you to come with me...and to trust me for at least a little while." he calmly says as he extends one of his hands to the furry man...

(Persuader again)

He nods, slowly rising to his feet, trying to hide the fur covering his exposed arms and face, with little success. He seems content to follow you for the moment.

One of the uniforms backs off, taking a cell phone out and dialing a number in a shaking hand.

The Obsidian Mask has shifted out of his visage and into the persona of Simon again. After witnessing what has been seen, he can do nothing but watch in great interest. Using his powers over the Quantum forces in the area, he summons a small camera ( with tape ) to record the events and take video of the world before him. All the travels have made him think that perhaps these worlds hold the key to his next evolution.

"I'm very interested in all this. Novas and quantum events are practically my life's work. I have to go down there."

With little else, he opens a warp gate into the alley below. Closing it as soon as he exits. He moves around the building with his camera in hand to view the scene. Moving calmly, hoping the chaos of the situation keeps notice away from him.

With little else, he opens a warp gate into the alley below. Closing it as soon as he exits. He moves around the building with his camera in hand to view the scene. Moving calmly, hoping the chaos of the situation keeps notice away from him.
You pull open the warp, step through into the alleyway, and (I'm assuming) turn to wait for Ash to lead the newly erupted nova behind the building. You can hear the faint sound of someone humming to themselves somewhere nearby.

Ash smiles, "Now child...let us take a journey to a safer place. One were we may speak in confidence." then he looks to the side, closing his eyes and thrusting his hand to the side dramatically, speaking a prayer to the Lord God asking for his assistance.

And then he transmits a thought...*Could you tell Mask or the old man to open a portal from a few feet from me? Its time to make our exit.*

Having watched the whole scene with a sort of rapt fascination, Brandt snaps out of it when Ash takes a swan dive off the roof. Smacking his forehead in frustration, he growls, "Idiot." Irritated, he watches closely as Ash bounces his way acrobatically down to the street below. Grunting sourly at his own unwilling admiration for the feat, he hears Theo speaking and turns to address her. "Agreed. Why don't you and I head downstairs, see if we can't gather any information on this guy and what may have caused his rather spectacular eruption. Johnathan, may I suggest that you, Paul and Zhenglai head down to assist Ash? I have a feeling things are going to go south very quickly if we aren't careful. Any more overt displays of novahood will gather us much more attention than I think we'd like."

Zhenglia had no real idea what to make of most of what he'd seen over the past few moments. He'd never had more than a casual understanding of Western religion to begin with, so the surroundings were strange, and this entire business with the (apparently) new nova just added to the effect.

He watched with amusement as Ash made his acrobatic way down the side of the building, and listened to everyone's suggestions and concerns. Then he turned to Jonathan. "So, do you want us to retreat as you originally suggested, or should we go down and help as Brandt has suggested?"

((Geez! Im gone for a day and look what I miss!))

Esteban came through the gate dressed in a conservative business suit, carrying his minimal gear in a small leather briefcase.

Witnessing the commotion in the street below, he doesn't engage immediately. After all, they had absolutely no idea of the politics or quantum eccentricities of this place. Rather than focusing narrowly into the drama. he steps back opening his senses to the greater scene, searching for more information and possible dangers.

For a moment, all seems clear and he is about to turn his attention back to the actions of his teammates when he picks up a faint humming. Now that was something unusual...especially among the chaos that someone should be so preturnaturally calm.

Downshifting into a black cat, he leaps down softly into the alley below, seeking to pinpoint the person humming...

((Shapeshift please))

Having watched the whole scene with a sort of rapt fascination, Brandt snaps out of it when Ash takes a swan dive off the roof. Smacking his forehead in frustration, he growls, "Idiot." Irritated, he watches closely as Ash bounces his way acrobatically down to the street below. Grunting sourly at his own unwilling admiration for the feat, he hears Theo speaking and turns to address her. "Agreed. Why don't you and I head downstairs, see if we can't gather any information on this guy and what may have caused his rather spectacular eruption. Johnathan, may I suggest that you, Paul and Zhenglai head down to assist Ash? I have a feeling things are going to go south very quickly if we aren't careful. Any more overt displays of novahood will gather us much more attention than I think we'd like."
In about five seconds, Theo jimmies the lock open on the stairs, and she and Brandt make their way down to the fourth floor. There's a small cluster of people, mostly stay-at-home-moms from the look of them, and some of them glance towards Brandt and Theo as they emerge from the stairs. They're all in front of one apartment ... and while neither of you are an architect, you're about 99% sure that it's the door to the apartment that fire-wings took a dive out of. One of the older women looks both of you over with a frown. "You'd best remember to put on your crosses before you head out in public. With that Bradley breaking his apartment window, they'll be sure to be out in force, handing out tickets for public lack of faith." Her frown deepens a little more. "Did you just move into this building? I'm sure I've never seen you before. At least you're a wholesome looking couple."
Esteban came through the gate dressed in a conservative business suit, carrying his minimal gear in a small leather briefcase.,,

Witnessing the commotion in the street below, he doesn't engage immediately. After all, they had absolutely no idea of the politics or quantum eccentricities of this place. Rather than focusing narrowly into the drama. he steps back opening his senses to the greater scene, searching for more information and possible dangers.

For a moment, all seems clear and he is about to turn his attention back to the actions of his teammates when he picks up a faint humming. Now that was something unusual...especially among the chaos that someone should be so preturnaturally calm.

Downshifting into a black cat, he leaps down softly into the alley below, seeking to pinpoint the person humming...

((Shapeshift please))

((8 succcesses, so 7 to assign. I'm assuming at least one to Shrink)) As a cat, Esteban easily leaps down the six stories to the ground, just as Ash is leading the furry, winged nova into the alley. Despite their appearance, his flaming wings are brushing against the building wall and the weeds against the brick wall without setting anything on fire.

Then Ash walks into something in the middle of the alleyway, and the humming stops as a female voice says "Watch where you're going!" Then she screams. Or, at least, a scream echoes through the alleyway from a few inches away from Ash's face. Fire-wings stumbles backwards, staring wildly around, apparently trying to figure out where the voice is coming from.

When the voice calls out, Ash stops and one of his feet take a set back, making himself parallel to the alleyway. His hand goes for his jacket...but he stops himself from pulling his gun. Something was strange...No one was watching him from the alley (well...no one from where he was looking).

"Please stand and put yourself at ease, Child." he says looking back slightly at the furry/winged nova. "You are under my protection...no mere voice will harm you on my watch."

He looks back into the Alley. "Who is there? Show yourself, if your ententions are peaceful I will be able to take you with us to saftey...and to talk." he says to nothing. He mentally send word about what happened to Paul to redistribute, and re-confirms the urgency of that warp out...

...One of the older women looks both of you over with a frown. "You'd best remember to put on your crosses before you head out in public. With that Bradley breaking his apartment window, they'll be sure to be out in force, handing out tickets for public lack of faith." Her frown deepens a little more. "Did you just move into this building? I'm sure I've never seen you before. At least you're a wholesome looking couple."

"We're just thinking about it," Theo tells her. "Brandt, that's the door, I'm sure of it. We need to see if anyone's hurt inside."

Slipping past the women, Theo knocks on the door.

"Hello? Is everyone alright in there?" Concerned, she tries turning the knob.

One of the older women looks both of you over with a frown. "You'd best remember to put on your crosses before you head out in public. With that Bradley breaking his apartment window, they'll be sure to be out in force, handing out tickets for public lack of faith." Her frown deepens a little more. "Did you just move into this building? I'm sure I've never seen you before. At least you're a wholesome looking couple."

"We're just thinking about it," Theo tells her. "Brandt, that's the door, I'm sure of it. We need to see if anyone's hurt inside."

Slipping past the women, Theo knocks on the door.

"Hello? Is everyone alright in there?" Concerned, she tries turning the knob.

Brandt smiles kindly at the older woman. " Thank you for the compliment. Please forgive her, it's just her nature to be concerned over someone being hurt. And no, we don't live here, not yet. As she said, we've just been looking around for someplace new." He steps forward, gently sliding past the other women to stand next to Theo. If she's unable to open the door, he gestures for her to step aside. "Let me try, dear.", he says with a smile, before using just enough strength to force the door open with his shoulder.

Zhenglia had no real idea what to make of most of what he'd seen over the past few moments. He'd never had more than a casual understanding of Western religion to begin with, so the surroundings were strange, and this entire business with the (apparently) new nova just added to the effect.

He watched with amusement as Ash made his acrobatic way down the side of the building, and listened to everyone's suggestions and concerns. Then he turned to Jonathan. "So, do you want us to retreat as you originally suggested, or should we go down and help as Brandt has suggested?"

"Let's head to the alley and make sure he's alright. If he gives us any reason to believe either he's in danger or we're in danger, we'll retreat." He starts heading for the stairs unless Zhenglai opens a warp.

"Let's head to the alley and make sure he's alright. If he gives us any reason to believe either he's in danger or we're in danger, we'll retreat." He starts heading for the stairs unless Zhenglai opens a warp.

Zhenglai nodded his old head and, when he looked up again, turned towards the glowing hole in space and gestured for the others to go on through.

"You're welcome to take the stairs yourself, if you wish", he said and smiled, "but I don't think these old legs of mine would make it."

((OOC: just an aside, since I don't think it's ever come up ICly, but the others would likely know about it by now: Zhenglai has the eufiber rejection flaw, and is therefore not wearing eufiber. I only mention this because it means that he can't shape a cross out of his clothes like most of the others can. I wouldn't really worry about his style of dress; his clothes are so modest and inoffensive that even the most zealous religious fanatic would be hard pressed to find anything wrong with them, but he doesn't have a cross.))

Brandt smiles kindly at the older woman. " Thank you for the compliment. Please forgive her, it's just her nature to be concerned over someone being hurt. And no, we don't live here, not yet. As she said, we've just been looking around for someplace new." He steps forward, gently sliding past the other women to stand next to Theo. If she's unable to open the door, he gestures for her to step aside. "Let me try, dear.", he says with a smile, before using just enough strength to force the door open with his shoulder.

"But of course, dear," Theo smiles, allowing the corner of her mouth facing the door to quirk slightly as she backs away.

(ooc: I can't weave yet either - my eufiber can do basic shifts in color and style but until I can get someone to teach me how to weave it's no pockets or fancy patterns like cable-knit on my sweaters. I'm not even sure if I can imagine a cross to appear on my windbreaker.)

((8 succcesses, so 7 to assign. I'm assuming at least one to Shrink)) As a cat, Esteban easily leaps down the six stories to the ground, just as Ash is leading the furry, winged nova into the alley.

(( 2 to shrinking (only 1 would be more dog size), 1 to bloodhound, 1 to ultra-ear, 1 to cat-feeted ( ::biggrin !) 1 to physical prodigy (tail helps), and 1 to enhanced movement))

Landing gracefully on all four's in the alleyway, Esteban attempts to pinpoint the sound of the humming.

((with both EM Vision and enhanced hearing providing + 3 dice to awareness each and another +1 from the EM vision if the person is using invisibility without a wp fortification. In addition, once he realizes that it is an invisible person (when Ash bumps into them simul), he opens up Quantum Attunement (medicine roll please) and does a node ping...))

** Ash the warp will take us back to the roof. If you want a different location specify it now. As for everyone else, if the roof is not the best option, where would you like me to gate us?? **

((Waiting to get specific location. If none presented he will open the warp back to the roof.))

Simon moves in behind Ash and the winged man into the alley. Addressing the stranger and Ash...

"Greetings stranger, nothing to worry about, I will have us out of here in no time at all. Still picking up strays?" The last comment directed at Ash immediately followed by a smirkly jest.

Jonathan walks through Zhenglai's portal to the alleyway. He steps up to their new friend and offers a handshake. "Hi, my name is Jonathan. We're some friends who'd like to talk to you a bit, ask you a few questions, and hopefully help you deal with your current situation."

There's a slight tearing noise, and then a tinkle, as the security chain holding the door snaps. It smells like something is starting to burn from the kitchen, and there's a breeze coming in from the shattered living room window, the torn curtains draped over the edge. The women in the hallway all make shocked noises of disapproval. But there's no sign of whoever was screaming.
(Weave Roll: To make a cross necklace)
It'd actually be simpler to make some sort of pin, but you easily make an enamel-looking cross on a leather thread.
Landing gracefully on all four's in the alleyway, Esteban attempts to pinpoint the sound of the humming.
Standing about three feet away from Ash, and (you think) staring in the general direction of fire-wings, is a girl, who's obviously invisible and scared out of her wits - and, like him, still in the process of erupting. This could be bad, because if she doesn't calm down very quickly, erupting novas have been known to manifest powers they never have later.
Jonathan walks through Zhenglai's portal to the alleyway. He steps up to their new friend and offers a handshake. "Hi, my name is Jonathan. We're some friends who'd like to talk to you a bit, ask you a few questions, and hopefully help you deal with your current situation."
Both fire-wings and invisible girl (who neither Jonathan or Zhenglai knew about until then) turn towards the warp. Invisible girl faints, and becomes visible again, while fire-wings stares at the glowing portal, then between Jonathan and Zhenglai, and his face turns into a snarl of hatred. "Confuscist traitor!" he shouts, and his eyes start glowing evevn more dangerously.

Ash knows that right now would be a bad time to stand between the newbie and Zhenglai.

There's a slight tearing noise, and then a tinkle, as the security chain holding the door snaps. It smells like something is starting to burn from the kitchen, and there's a breeze coming in from the shattered living room window, the torn curtains draped over the edge. The women in the hallway all make shocked noises of disapproval. But there's no sign of whoever was screaming.

"Something happened here," Theo frowned, looking around the corner. She looked at Brandt, tilting her head and giving him a nod inside.

"check for survivors," she suggested through the mindlink.

She glanced back at the women in the hallway. "Who lives in this apartment? Is there a family, children?"

'Let this be a single man living alone,' she prayed silently

Both fire-wings and invisible girl (who neither Jonathan or Zhenglai knew about until then) turn towards the warp. Invisible girl faints, and becomes visible again, while fire-wings stares at the glowing portal, then between Jonathan and Zhenglai, and his face turns into a snarl of hatred. "Confuscist traitor!" he shouts, and his eyes start glowing evevn more dangerously.

Ash knows that right now would be a bad time to stand between the newbie and Zhenglai.

Since Invisible girl does not appear to be a threat and the four-armed, furry, fire-eyed, flaming Nova does, Esteban does the only sensible thing and attempts to distract the man from Zhenglai.

Brushing softly against his leg, the purring black kitty looks up at the new Nova with adorable green eyes and blinks once in a deliberate fashion.

::Meow!::

::happy

Jonathan says in his most soothing voice possible (activating soothe), "We're not traitors, we're certainly not confuscist, and considering your current circumstances, I think it would be wise of you not to judge others if you do not wish to be judged. We've come offering help, so please, take us up on our offer and come with us."

Command roll please? :)

"Something happened here," Theo frowned, looking around the corner. She looked at Brandt, tilting her head and giving him a nod inside.

She glanced back at the women in the hallway. "Who lives in this apartment? Is there a family, children?"

One of the women shakes her head. "Bradley moved in here after two months ago, just after he and Nina got married. She was just getting back from the grocery store when we heard a scream and a crash."
Since Invisible girl does not appear to be a threat and the four-armed, furry, fire-eyed, flaming Nova does, Esteban does the only sensible thing and attempts to distract the man from Zhenglai.

Brushing softly against his leg, the purring black kitty looks up at the new Nova with adorable green eyes and blinks once in a deliberate fashion.

::Meow!::

He looks down, and blinks in confusion at the cat. For the moment, he seems to be lost.

Catching the hint, Brandt moves quietly into the apartment as Theo talks to the women outside. Overhearing the response to Theo's question, he sends back mentally. *Find Nina and keep the other women busy for a minute while I check the apartment.*

Moving to the kitchen first, he tries to find the source of the burning smell; all the while keeping his eyes open for any hint of what happened here.

** I'm finding it difficult to decipher if these Novas are actually errupting or experiencing abberations for the first time? My guess is that either the fur, or the strange anima banner is what this Nova fears...not the wings and such.**

Simon continues filming the scene with his camcorder.

One of the women shakes her head. "Bradley moved in here after two months ago, just after he and Nina got married. She was just getting back from the grocery store when we heard a scream and a crash."

"Nina? Where's Nina?" Theo asked.

Catching the hint, Brandt moves quietly into the apartment as Theo talks to the women outside. Overhearing the response to Theo's question, he sends back mentally. *Find Nina and keep the other women busy for a minute while I check the apartment.*

*ok.*

"Was Bradley under a lot of stress lately?" she asked.

Zhenglai stared placidly at the four-armed, winged nova and gave no hint of his true feelings. As Jonathan began speaking, Zhenglai calmly took stalk of the situation, attempting to gain some insight into what - exactly - was going on. He also reached out and attempted to calm the young man's raging emotions ((emotional manipulation)).

When Jonathan was finished speaking Zhenglai said, in the sort of tone a teacher uses with an unruly, but well-loved student, "his name was Kung-Fu-Tzu, not 'Confucius', and I do not follow the teachings of the ju-chia. And anyway, 'Confucianism' is a philosophical mode of thinking, not a spiritual way of being. So please, calm down."

((Rapport roll to determine what he can determine, please. Also, as I mentioned briefly above, Zhenglai will use Emotional Manipulation on the winged nova to specifically erase any anger in him, though he's mindful of the fact that this place is supposed to make his powers stronger, so he'll hold back on the roll (no more than 4 successes).))

** I'm finding it difficult to decipher if these Novas are actually errupting or experiencing abberations for the first time? My guess is that either the fur, or the strange anima banner is what this Nova fears...not the wings and such.**
Paul forwards this to everyone.

Moving to the kitchen first, he tries to find the source of the burning smell; all the while keeping his eyes open for any hint of what happened here.
You find the source of the smell, a skillet on the stove that is on its way to merrily charring some steak and potatoes. And laying on the floor, unconscious (you think) is a woman who kind of looks like Theo, but older. If this isn't Bradley's wife Nina, then he might have some other worries when she gets home.
"Nina? Where's Nina?" Theo asked.
"Why, she went inside," one of the women says, and then the hum of conversation starts up again, this time with a tone of real worry.
"Was Bradley under a lot of stress lately?" she asked.
The older woman who first spoke to you harumphs and thumps the dove pin on her sweater. "Bradley never struck me as a terribly pious type, not with him working nights. Supervisor, hah!" and she mimes a spitting motion onto the carpetted floor. "All he supervises is a bunch of fellow low-lifes who barely know how to hold the right end of a broom." Her volume trails off, though she goes on for at least a minute about how the neighborhood has gone downhill, and what a "real" husband should be doing for a job. Most of the other women seem content to annoy her.
Zhenglai stared placidly at the four-armed, winged nova and gave no hint of his true feelings. As Jonathan began speaking, Zhenglai calmly took stalk of the situation, attempting to gain some insight into what - exactly - was going on. He also reached out and attempted to calm the young man's raging emotions ((emotional manipulation)).

When Jonathan was finished speaking Zhenglai said, in the sort of tone a teacher uses with an unruly, but well-loved student, "his name was Kung-Fu-Tzu, not 'Confucius', and I do not follow the teachings of the ju-chia. And anyway, 'Confucianism' is a philosophical mode of thinking, not a spiritual way of being. So please, calm down."

((Rapport roll to determine what he can determine, please. Also, as I mentioned briefly above, Zhenglai will use Emotional Manipulation on the winged nova to specifically erase any anger in him, though he's mindful of the fact that this place is supposed to make his powers stronger, so he'll hold back on the roll (no more than 4 successes).))

Curiously enough, you don't really feel more powerful when you reach out to calm his emotions. But maybe it's because his current confusion had already dampened his anger. He looks at you, as though you said the whole thing in Chinese instead of English.

His body language isn't the easiest to read, mostly because of the fur. At a guess, he's one of the people who never bother to research why they should hate a group, but follow the official line without objection. He might be less hostile if you make some effort to show that you are following the other (obviously good, Christian, white) people with you.

Archived