Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

This isn't that wierd thing where people where animal tails is it? haha ::confused

It's about a boy named Ichigo who could see ghosts who one day runs into Rukia, a Death God or Soul Reaper. She's actually surprised he can see her, but it wasn't Ichigo that brought her there. Besides leading souls to the afterlife, she battles evil spirits called "Hollows" - one of them has 'smelled' Ichigo's psychic smell on a girl ghost he helped and wants to eat him. Rukio gets badly hurt during the battle and convinces Ichigo the only way he's going to survive is to become a Soul Reaper himself by taking some of her power. Only he's stronger that she realizes and he pulls away all her powers and then easily defeats the Hollow.

It's a very interesting anime.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and thats just the beginning...

One of the cool things about it is that its based around an incredibly large "ensemble" cast including Ichigo's friends and schoolmates, the Shinigami ("Death God") Protection Squads of Soul Society (The "Afterlife" or more accurately Spirit World), Some eccentric mystic types on Earth, and the Hollows and other Denizens of Hueco Mundo (The "Underworld" of the Hollows...human spirits that have descended into evil through their own anger or suffering). So you have all of these side arcs and character explorations. Its an awesome mix of teenage drama, japanese high-mystical supernatural dealings, and of course, humor.

...Just check it out. You can download all of the episodes from the Anime Download community (www.anime-dc.com) or possibly find them to watch on youtube or other sites.

My one suggestion is to start from the very beginning..otherwise alot of refrences later and the series in general wont make alot of sense...

Or as I prefer to call him - Sandal-hat! ::confused

Anyway - shall I skip straight on to Brother Max's studio?

No, that's Urahara Kisuke, who is also pretty awesome, although personally I think he's pretty frickin evil and hides it well.

If you still only have the first season, then you haven't yet experienced the sheer awesomeness that is Kenpachi. Remind me to send you more episodes if you can't find them anywhere.

But yeah, let's wrap up this conversation and get a move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(do you want us to respond to Brother Max now? You trailed off with him asking an NPC to talk to him)
Max is going to spend a few minutes talking to the four local novas, and then to each of you. Unless has something specific they want to put forward to him, I'd like to skip forward to the broadcast of the show, in the hopes of rather quickly ending this episode.

Max is going to spend a few minutes talking to the four local novas, and then to each of you. Unless has something specific they want to put forward to him, I'd like to skip forward to the broadcast of the show, in the hopes of rather quickly ending this episode.

Er...well okay, if you aren't enjoying it...

Okay okay, so it's gone on for awhile now. I guess we can skip forward. I'll post something about what Esteban is up to.

Fine by me. ::thumbup1

One thing Paul will do BTW is leave them some Mox and it's chemical formula.

RE: Theo

Paul isn't going to respond to Theo's choice just now. Either it's her choice, in which case he figures he has no input, or it's Johnathan's choice/problem, in which case he still would have no input other than what he's already said. After that choice tree he has the problem of not wanting to undercut either of them... so he'll say nothing more and only keep the relay open.

Where is everyone else? I know Sky said something about Cottus dropping off the internet, but I know Archer and Bahamut and Anon are still around. I suppose I can fake something to include them, but I prefer character interaction.

Are people dropping out of my game because the posting got all slow (ok, almost non-existant) when I was out to sea? ::confused

Oooh! Like what? Pray tell?!?

And so far Bahamut has not responded to my PMs either...

Ever see Mystery Men? Welcome to Weenieville where the heroes aren't your classic superheroes but the other guys. But that's ok because the villians are like that too. A funny-sorta weird town with funny-sorta weird people and funny-sorta weird situations.

Or a dark game where young Novas with a troubled past are taken to a special 'camp' to learn how to control their powers. Only this camp is being run by a rogue agency with bad intentions. The players' first task will be to escape to California and stay hidden from the agency that's hunting them down and the city's own special Nova police squad.

There was a book I read called "Those Who Walk in Darkness" by John Ridley. After a superhero fails to stop a supervillian from destroying San Francisco, Congress outlaws supers. If you had powers, you turn yourself in and get deported, no longer an American citizen. Of course, not everyone turned themselves in. So special police squads get formed called Mtac to hunt down supers when they appear. It might be interesting to play that kind of game.

Ever see Mystery Men? Welcome to Weenieville where the heroes aren't your classic superheroes but the other guys. But that's ok because the villians are like that too. A funny-sorta weird town with funny-sorta weird people and funny-sorta weird situations.

Or a dark game where young Novas with a troubled past are taken to a special 'camp' to learn how to control their powers. Only this camp is being run by a rogue agency with bad intentions. The players' first task will be to escape to California and stay hidden from the agency that's hunting them down and the city's own special Nova police squad.

I'm intruding on this forum, sorry. I've been watching the progress on this game, and I had to cut in...Expendable, you should definitely start a game. I really like the second one, but I think both would be cool.

Not sure about playing i the Mystery Men universe...no wait...actually I have an idea that just migh work depending on how you run chargen....sort of a Tick like spoof on the super-ego.

The second sounds a bit more my stylebeing realistic and gritty, though I prefer more super powered fare. I miss the high power level of Prometheans and the genre worlds of Potts.

Anyhoo...just keep us posted as you develop your ideas. Can't commit to anything yet til i know more but as always I am interested.

Ouch.

There was a book I read called "Those Who Walk in Darkness" by John Ridley. After a superhero fails to stop a supervillian from destroying San Francisco, Congress outlaws supers. If you had powers, you turn yourself in and get deported, no longer an American citizen. Of course, not everyone turned themselves in. So special police squads get formed called Mtac to hunt down supers when they appear. It might be interesting to play that kind of game.

I read that. Very, very dark. Being a superherobeing is illegal, ditto a villian but they don't care. One would think that the Mtac crew would have a high level of fatalities. One would be correct, wasn't it a 50% fatality rate per mission?

The sad thing is it's easy to see something like this happening. For that matter this is almost the Trinity universe, or even the current marvel universe... or even some countries in the abby-verse.

In RL the idea of giving the police the duty (not the right) to shoot all supers on sight runs into problems when said supers look pretty much like normal humans. I thought that mind control guy in the book should have zapped the police into killing some reporter who was bad mouthing them and then have them "accidently" get recorded that they were going to blame it on some mind controller, "just like they always do".

Of course in RL I see no way the general public would tollerate supervillians, so maybe that's pretty close to what would happen.

I read that. Very, very dark. Being a superherobeing is illegal, ditto a villian but they don't care. One would think that the Mtac crew would have a high level of fatalities. One would be correct, wasn't it a 50% fatality rate per mission?

The sad thing is it's easy to see something like this happening. For that matter this is almost the Trinity universe, or even the current marvel universe... or even some countries in the abby-verse.

In RL the idea of giving the police the duty (not the right) to shoot all supers on sight runs into problems when said supers look pretty much like normal humans. I thought that mind control guy in the book should have zapped the police into killing some reporter who was bad mouthing them and then have them "accidently" get recorded that they were going to blame it on some mind controller, "just like they always do".

Of course in RL I see no way the general public would tollerate supervillians, so maybe that's pretty close to what would happen.

The only supervillians that could exist in real life would be some combination of too hard to kill and very good at hiding. Think Bin Laden with super powers. The rest would be taken care of by the worlds governments, supervillians=bad is something most of them could agree on I think. The one thing that could get them to work together.

Ex, you should make a game like this happen. I like the gritty us vs the world scenario.

Okay, I'm gonna stop intruding now. But I am looking to snap up a spot from one of these folks that have gone MIA. Fair warning to them. That is, if our esteemed storyteller wants to fill those spots and deems me worthy.

Bin Laden is a good example. I think supervillians would exist, they'd just work for governments. Bin's got serious backing, to the point were we had to overthrow the government, and for that matter he *still* has local backing. Most terrorists historically had some government's backing.

Even the really twisted types like Sabertooth could still exist... but I have my doubts about Magneto.

Well, I don't know where everyone else is, or why they're not posting, and I promise to verbally smack around Jonathan (aka, my brother) when I find him. In the meantime, I shall post to continue onward.

Was Simon going to use his Warp for something? An exit, demonstrating transportation, etc?

Blade90 says his brother (Cottus) was having interent problems. Since then they have been fixed yet he has just been busy. You know how it goes. After awhile one gets out of the habit of going online (rare for me but it happens). On Thanksgiving Cottus expressed a desire to continue. I asked Blade to have him come back soon...provided he can remember his password.

Sent an email to Bahamut through the profile option...

Archived