Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Cottus...make him calm! make him like kitty!

Well he better calm down! If he doesn't Zhenglai will reduce him to a quivering ball of snot. Then he will proceed to beat him severely about the head and shoulders with his cane in three ways: 1) hard, 2) fast and, 3) furiously

...for his own good, of course....

(Don't mess with temperamental, century old kung-fu masters (who are arguably suffering from mild senility ::wink ) who can control your mind and emotions)

Greetings my interesting trans-dimensional friends!

I posted up the transcripts of some roleplaying Ex and I did over PM. Its this kind of player involved, character driven stuff that I really enjoy, so I hope it will inspire more of you to jump on the downtime bandwagon. You down for some mischief Bahamut? If we wanted to cause some trouble in NYC we might even be able to get Shade Sentinal to referee those moments when the dice are rolled (like when we try and bury the Gothic Knight in bat guano while hes attending a publicity event. ::sly

So is Esteban able to wake her up or not? ::huh
Sorry, I thought I had said not yet; from the speed at which her quantum aura is "fixating" you figure her eruption will be done in about five minutes, maybe less. Probably she'll be unconscious until it's over.

The warp opens near the doorway into the apartment, and Nina lets out a brief panicked scream as she sees it open, then her eyes lock onto Bradley. She allows Theo and Paul to help her to her feet, even as fists start pounding on the apartment door.

With Nina and Bradley both in the storeroom, staring at each other and both seemingly ready to bolt at the slightest moment something goes wrong. Which, of course, is when things do go wrong.

Invisible girl wakes up. Esteban, of course, notices her scoot off the table and go to sleep. Two seconds later, the fire alarms go off in the building, and the lights go out as the thunderous noise of the fire sprinklers deploying on the floor above fills the room. Bradley and Nina both jump in fright, pulling away from each other and looking for places to hide in the faint emergency lighting.

Let me see if I have this right, we went to those caves and found a store room?

((Oops ... she went back invisible. *edits*))

Can Estaban still see her? There is a chance that she might not realize she is using her powers...

If Esteban can see her, then my previous action of padding up and saying hello (well ::meow::) is still valid. remembering of course the +4 dice from EM vision, and possibly the awareness bonus from the heightened hearing if she isnt invisible to sound. If all of that fails to locate her, Esteban will resort again to q-Attune. hes taking it upon himself to keep an eye on the newcomers.

On a related note, i am having fun being a cat right now, in case anyone was wondering about my recent posts. Sometimes its good for our side to have a secret weapon yanno? ::wink

Isn't that +1?

There is a + 1 bonus listed in the description of invisibility if the invisble one doesnt spend a willpower. But EM vision also provides +3 dice to vision based awareness rolls. Likewise enhanced hearing provides +3 to hearing based awarness rolls. Of course...many awareness rolls will include both sight and hearing, making mega perceptive characters perceptive indeed.

I was thinking about what Jonathan asked, about Esteban turning into water....at first I thought ...well no...that would take Matter Chameleon (Esteban is only Q4...)

He could however, become fluid in form...it would take 3 successes for DD, and probably 2 or 3 for growth and then as much "armor" as I could muster since he would essentially bve smothering the fire with his own body. I forget if Novas take agg from fire...if they do he would need to use that too.

Course, it seems like Simon may have the more elegant solution...

By the by...what about that Q-attune..is immolating man indeed in the throes of erutpion as well? That we are causing these eruptions seems to be an ever increasing likelyhood of possibility, but we should nonetheless confirm it...

I meant becoming liquid as a means of smothering the fire above, not the nova....

Shapeshifting into a liquid is actually possible...just not *water* Water itself actually has some of the highest cohesivness of any substance...ie surface tension and it holds together real well...Since shapeshifters (and even bodymorphed) characters tend to hold together even better it would be a pretty viscous liquid...furthermore nothing he flowed over would neccesarily get "wet" since his cohesion wouldnt leave residue...unless I did a bodymorph: slime (which could be a more watery based substance i.e. saliva ::sly )

Anyway...it *could* work, since the whole reason that water puts fire out in the first place is A.) robbing it of oxegyn just like any other smothering and B.) lowering the temperature. This is also why some fires *can't* be put out with water...if the size or the intensity is greater than a volume of H2O would be practical...

but, like I said...with a summoned fire extinguisher, the subject is moot

Anyway...it *could* work, since the whole reason that water puts fire out in the first place is A.) robbing it of oxegyn just like any other smothering and B.) lowering the temperature. This is also why some fires *can't* be put out with water...if the size or the intensity is greater than a volume of H2O would be practical...
With a class D fire (that's stuff like burning solid magnesium or titanium), in the Navy, the automatic method for dealing with it is to jettison it overboard. Apparently it keeps burning until it's a few hundred feet below the surface - so if you jettison it right off-shore, all you get is boiled fish. ::blink

Apologies for the slow response, guys, I've been stuck without any access to the internet for two days.

And nice in-character speculation, guys. I'll tell you that you've close ... though if I'd realized ahead of time just how many novas you could all create in such short a time span, I would have changed the base just slightly. And yes Alex, the gate effect is definately quantum-based, but the quantum channelling through a device is much different than the quantum channelling through a living node. The ETPH uses quantum to dial home (about 1/4 of a qp), and the main gate uses something like 300qp each time it dials a world.

That was fast.
Not really. Running a game requires a lot of posts. ::happy And I'm playing in a bunch, and take part in the arguments on the forums.
Paul gets out his PDA and fiddles with it until he gets a map of the Western sea board. He holds it out to Bradley and asks,

"We need to get away from people. We came to this location because it's supposed to be an undeveloped forest, not the middle of a city. Is there a desert somewhere on this map?"

To repeat, Simon brought you guys to the small caves in Vegas, not the caves near the campsite where you emerged on the last world. So, technically, you are in the middle of a desert.

Archived