Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Crossfire huh? That's an older one. Nothing wrong with that, though. Did you swap out the internals, or keep it stock with the old engine? Man, I love those old cars. Love the old trucks even more, I think. Big old four-wheelers you could take off and go anywhere with. Good stuff."

An older one? ::confused I don't know very much about cars, but I was referring here to the '04 Chrysler Crossfire. The father of a friend of mine was leasing one a while ago and I thought it was cool. ::cool

But the game has fallen to the most dreaded curse of all Nova games ...

LUNCH TIME

::laugh Well, you said you weren't planning to really do anything in game until the new year, this is as good a way as any to shoot the breeze until then.

A peculiar zipping sound, like an incredibly fast drumbeat is heard suddenly, and Brandt glances down momentarily, then back up to Eli. "All done. Need help with anything else?"

::biggrin "Ask me how the Queen of England is."

An older one? ::confused  I don't know very much about cars, but I was referring here to the '04 Chrysler Crossfire. The father of a friend of mine was leasing one a while ago and I thought it was cool. ::cool

Remember the timeline, bud. In game, an 04 Crossfire is 16 years old. ::cool

::biggrin "Ask me how the Queen of England is."

Oooh, good Family Guy reference... ::laugh

Remember the timeline, bud. In game, an 04 Crossfire is 16 years old.

Shoot, you're right! ::brick Heh.. Well, they're currently still in production (in our time, anyway), they just changed the chassis to something bizarre this year. Could we call it a '19 Crossfire then? ::ultracool

::laugh Well, you said you weren't planning to really do anything in game until the new year, this is as good a way as any to shoot the breeze until then.

Yes, I just find it humorous that when my gaming group first started playing Aberrant, every game session would get bogged down for at least ten minutes whenever a mealtime rolled around. We all went a little overboard with the "Novas eat more than baselines do" bit. ::biggrin

Ok folks, the dice have declared the first universe you shall visit. Unless I receive another character sheet by Thurs morning, I'll be looking to start with the meeting in the conference room them. That way, hopefully we will be through Michal's training and ready to depart Home Earth for points quite literally unknown.

That way, hopefully we will be through Michal's training and ready to depart Home Earth for points quite literally unknown.

Exactly why I wanted to set up Links with the willing before then. No way do I want to step through a portal low on juice and the intial set up fee is pretty darn expensive.

Exactly. It's 5 juice to set up and has a range of (Q+L) x 1000 km. In theory a real telepath could tap into the link, but that's so hard I'm going to say it's never actually happened to Paul (the telepath would need 7 succ and need to be physically there).

I reluctantly decided that real telepathy, which only works on humans, isn't in Paul's theme. This is as close as he can get.

The rules don't actually say it works differently on animals, technically you never get any mind control or influence over it, but animals are pretty dumb so a great many suggestions would work on them that wouldn't work on a person.

OK, that's a re-post but fun just the same.

With Eli that's 4 (meaning Paul was down 20 juice when I posted that bit about him getting pretty tired).

Our Roll Call is:

NPCs (Blue Ninja)

Michal Wesson: Owner of SGE

Claire Reed: Really Hot Density Decrease Babe.

Richard Johannsen:

Rieller Many-Fires: Indian DD Gun Bunny.

Athena: AI

* = Psi-Linked. Listed in order of taking the link.

Alex Green: *Paul Blue (Dr. Nature): Space worthy Force of Nature

Bahamut810: *Ash Phoenix (?): Lucky Super-Normal.

Phoenix: *Eli Stone: Car Driving & Dormed Down Music Lover. Engineer / Cyborg.

AnonCastillo: *Jonathan “John”: Various spirit/psychic powers. Animal T-path.

Archer: *Brandt Randall Jefferson: Lots and lots of Speed.

Nullifier: Pat Farrow (SunDiver): Short, Ill-mannered Flying Warper.

Which means Pat and our NPCs are the only unlinked characters around.

Question for ST: Can AIs be Psi-Linked? (I'm guessing "No").

NPCs (Blue Ninja)

Claire Reed: Really Hot Density Decrease Babe.

Rieller Many-Fires: Indian DD Gun Bunny.

Athena: AI

Claire did not walk through the door. Rieller walked through the door. Claire does not have density decrease. Rieller also floats.
Question for ST: Can AIs be Psi-Linked?  (I'm guessing "No").

Only one way to find out ... ::tongue

... Well, ok, two. You could always ask. The more important question, will a psychic link survive when the two people are on alternate earths, but within range? Because if it breaks (for good) then every single person who steps through the device will have to be relinked. As for that, there is only one way to find out, because no NPC could answer.

[edit] and Phoenix is right. Jonathan is dormed down, not Eli.

RE: Corrections

Fair enough. My bad.

RE: Psi-Link

I can only talk to one person at a time so it "breaks" all the time. Distance will also do it, without some funky extra I'd think cross-time would as well. Point is getting the link back is just a die roll.

Another question is whether it would work through the gate when it's open.

OOC: Of course, my characters are a pretty much even split between three groups; characters that would do this, characters that would just leave the plates lying there, and characters that would go upstairs and beat the Sleepy out of your guy, so good job on lucking out this time.

I never said he was asleep. I just said he closed his eyes. ::tongue

For those of you with absolutely no Firearms skills at all, pick something that sounds cool. For those of with points in Firearms but no extensive real world knowledge of guns, join the club - I mean, tell me what kind of weapons you want (ie, large revolver, sniper rifle, etc) and I'll fake it.

Die rolls will be involved here, at least two (one for each weapon type). If any of your characters have never fired a gun before in their life, they can speak up and ask for a bit of beginner's training, which I will handle as briefly as possible.

Paul has gained 1XP for an OMFG die roll - six successes on six dice.

Ash is almost there - rolling eleven dice, and getting two successes. Then again and the same. Then finally normal dice rolls of 5 and 7 successes. My dice apparently hate you today, Bahamut, because your luck only got one success on five dice as well.

Paul has gained 1XP for an OMFG die roll - six successes on six dice.
::ultracool ::w00t

On a side note, I suggest we limit the types of ammo we take. Presumably that means one type of hand gun (or at least hand gun ammo), and one long gun type.

Person X uses all of his ammo, Person Y accidently lost his gun... ideally X could just use Y's ammo.

Erm. oops. Well, if Pat rolls badly, I'll edit my post.  ::biggrin  ::rolleyes

Hell, with a Q-bolt, as long as you hit, you're going to decimate anything made out of mere cardboard. I mean, unless you're talking about something ocean-liner size made of cardboard. Then it'll just have a lovely Q-bolt sized hole going all the way through. Unless your Q-bolt is something like fire or lightning that sets fire to cardboard ... ::biggrin

Anyway, since everyone has had their gun skills tested, unless there's important business with Rieller and Claire between now and tomorrow evening my time, I will move all of you swiftly through dinner and into the gym with Kevin, to have your hand to hand skills tested.

On a side note, I suggest we limit the types of ammo we take. Presumably that means one type of hand gun (or at least hand gun ammo), and one long gun type.

Eli most likely won't be bringing a weapon, partly because he has three lethal attacks, one of which doesn't require any quantum to activate, and partly because he doesn't want to.

I think we are good to go.  I mean...It would be hard for Ash to do much worse. ;D
Agreed. ::devil
Eli most likely won't be bringing a weapon, partly because he has three lethal attacks, one of which doesn't require any quantum to activate, and partly because he doesn't want to.
Any of those work at a range?

Paul WILL be bringing a gun. Actually two of them, a hand gun for close work, a hunting rifle for longer work. In a pinch we might see him toss other bolts around, he'd prefer to avoid that for a number of reasons.

Actually Paul is of the school of thought that combat should just be avoided.

In case you guys hadn't noticed, the N! Newsline thread in the main directory contains several news spots specific to the Trans-D universe. They're strictly for entertainment and to help you guys better grasp the specific backstory of the major NPCs.

[edit] I'll answer any questions you have about the news stories here, too. [/edit]

Ditto for Eli.

Pat too. In his estimation, if you've gotten into a fight, you've already lost. Not that he won't or can't, just that he'd prefer to run away rather than fight, or better yet avoid getting into situations where fight or flight are his only viable options.

Is that COMA group in the news the same as the one that has been harassing Paul?

Yes, and no. Through his own efforts, Michal's dad passed along close to a million dollars in ten years, spread out across a dozen COMA cells. Add in the money laundering that he aided, and you're talking about twenty million dollars over fifteen years, passed out to every serious COMA cell in the US. Once he was arrested, that money flow was cut in half, as well as a lot of assets and property seized. The COMA folks who've harassed Paul for the last few years are the most resourceful and fanatical ones who didn't get picked up by the feds, and that makes them all the more dangerous.

"I say we head out if we can...we've no real idea when we'll be able to eat at a regular restaurant again. Anyone want to head out with me?"

Do we want to RP this? Our characters have been chewing the fat for a while now..

Edit: Moved this to the OOC thread.. ::brick

Archived