d20 Aeon/Continuum

I'm currious as to how many members play the d20 versions of the eon games and which games in particular. I'm not asking simply who has the books for the sake of owning them but if you play, have played, or will be playing soon.

I have the books but doubt I'll be playing/running these versions in the forseeable future.

EDIT: P.S. Don't forget to post, letting us know which of these games you are or will be playing.

• 1 month later...

I don't own any Aeon d20 books, nor do I plan to buy any. On the other hand, I did buy Storyteller Adventure! books for all my players. I like the game simple: one book, with everything else coming through my own adaptation from other games, TV, film, and literature.

I've always disliked D20's focus on battles and stats over good storytelling. I also hate how everything is turning D20.

I've taken a look at the books and know I don't like them. Classes and levels are death, to me. Too restrictive.

But if I have spare cash I just might buy them for completeness sake...

• 4 weeks later...

I've considered it, since most of my group finds the Continuum setting a little too confusing, and a number have suggested the d20 may have be a little clearer, but since most of my group is going to separate universities across the country, there's little point in trying anything new at this point.

So it seems I will never have reason for buying the d20 system ::extrasad, although I'll consider getting the Adventure! d20 core just to look at (I've only got Trinity and Aberrant D10), although I certainly prefer d10...

SnakeEyes

The Aberrant D20 rules were going for free on Wolf-spoor for a while...until the 8th August from what I recall...

I don't suppose anyone downloaded a copy?

(I may have, but If I did I can't find them on my system anymore....)

(I'll check the work system to see if I downloaded them there instead of at home)

(Anyone know if there would be any issues with distributing rules that were on offer for free, but that are now charged for? - if there aren't any legal problems with it, and if I can find them, may you can hire......err....no...I mean I'll make them available to whomever wants them).

I too am a D10 ST only person. Adventuring currently as army engineer Union Jack Jackson (yup...the old Warlord classic) with Bess (his name for Hephaestus' Hammer, the artefact he discovered in Atlantis).

The only reason I may have picked up the D20 rules was cause they were free.

The Aberrant D20 rules were going for free on Wolf-spoor for a while...until the 8th August from what I recall...

If by "WolfSpoor" you mean "DriveThruRPG," yes.

(Anyone know if there would be any issues with distributing rules that were on offer for free, but that are now charged for? - if there aren't any legal problems with it, and if I can find them, may you can hire......err....no...I mean I'll make them available to whomever wants them).

Just because they were offered for free, they're still fully protected by copyright laws. It's still illegal to distribute them.

If by "WolfSpoor" you mean "DriveThruRPG," yes.

Yeah...I think the link was from Wolfspoor though(?).

Just because they were offered for free, they're still fully protected by copyright laws. It's still illegal to distribute them.

I kinda thought that was the case....thought it best to check with someone in the know, just in case ::biggrin

• 2 months later...

First post yay... well now that that's out of the way.

I'm a d10 player/ST all the way, though I may pick up the d20 books just for completeness sake and to show support for the line to continue in any form (even though I think the d20 has died now too). But I do think it was a nice effort on their part to try and find a way for the games to continue, whether or not it worked or just turned people off.

• 4 weeks later...
First post yay... well now that that's out of the way.

I'm a d10 player/ST all the way, though I may pick up the d20 books just for completeness sake and to show support for the line to continue in any form (even though I think the d20 has died now too).  But I do think it was a nice effort on their part to try and find a way for the games to continue, whether or not it worked or just turned people off.

I'am with ^ him. Serious though it might have been a nice effort but D20 isn't the system for this game. Its so wrong for the epic high adventure that the Aeon continum brings to mind. Why? Well I don't think that the products got the right marketting to begin with. The continum has such a rich history that stories jump right out at you reading any of the books. For me personally the d10 system portays that perfectly. *AD&D & the open content stuff has become too generic in my opinion. Mutants & Masterminds is fine for the Champions lite crowd but I want my stuff screaming with Trinity goodness. From what I'am hearing here theres been no new content? ::glare Well thats a kick in the face. I was hoping that we ( the fans) were going to see something new. Well this thread has saved me 40 bucks at least. ::tongue

* Please bare in mind that I own alot of D20 books & in way I'am I disrespecting anyone who plays these games. I happen to be an AD&D veteran myself. Aeon Continum should be D20 Free. Thank you...

Archived