Trinity Universe: Into the Void: OOC

knave

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Prince, there's a longevity extra for Quantum imprint (Quantum+powerlevel days, no maintenance cost) so if Knave'll allow you to play with weaknesses and extras for your power, you could do that. With three levels of weaknesses you can buy an extra....

Hey Prince, there's a longevity extra for Quantum imprint (Quantum+powerlevel days, no maintenance cost) so if Knave'll allow you to play with weaknesses and extras for your power, you could do that. With three levels of weaknesses you can buy an extra....

Yep, I saw that, but didn't even pursue it since he said at the beginning 'no weaknesses'. But it's definately on the list of things to buy after quantum 6 ::devilangel .

Just for reference, if you were wondering how Tainted The Prophet actually is, and how uncomfortable your characters should be around him, he's got a +5 diff on social interactions with baselines and less Tainted novas.  ::devilangel  ::tongue  ::biggrin
Jason grew up around people just like you. "Heartland" i.e. "Wycoff's Cult" was Harvester run.

...although I have to say that "see your future or your past" thing sounds brutally uncomfortable even so.

Can't actually have it any higher with a starting character, even using the elevated nova creation rules.
What are the "elevated" nova creation rules? That sounds familar but I don't recall off hand.

Did you get a PM and then post it IC?
No... ::blush
How big are Prophet's images? Meaning, even if he displayed images of your past and future, what are the chances you'd notice?
I made the assumption from the -5 Soc comment that this was the case. That if you look hard enough you see things you rather not.

I may have made a mistake, but I'll leave the post up until we get a judgement from Knave.

Um. O.k., to clarify, please see the description on the intro thread. However, you should realize that the images on his skin are only images of the present, from all over the immediate area of space. The only time you'd see bits of the past are when you look into his eyes. ::crazy ::ninja From his intro:

The entire surface of his skin shows images from different points in space in the present. Those who look into his eyes see images from the past, theirs, his, and others. His humaniod shape is completely hairless, as befits a creature made of warped spacetime, and around the bizzare melange of images on his skin and in his eyes swirl ghostly transparent images of likely events in the near future.

So, Alex, what you described couldn't have happened. ::wacko ::rolleyes ::tongue

In the future, please don't anyone describe what you see when you look at The Prophet without consulting with with either me or Knave first, or at the very least paying attention to my description of where particular images appear. ::confused ::lookaround ::tongue

In the future, please don't anyone describe what you see when you look at The Prophet without consulting with with either me or Knave first...

I see this is going to take some getting used to.

My removed Post:

Jason glances over at the 'Prophet' and makes an error.  The fascination momentarily overcomes the repulsion, and he looks too long and is paralyzed as a bird staring at a snake.

On the surface of the Prophet the Deathwave plays out.  In the background four novas more twisted than the Prophet stare in horror as Uncle Wycoff screams soundlessly.  Wisps of smoke play over them as Calvin turns as bright as the sun and anyone in a position to see this dies in a flash of energy.  The view shifts to Kelly and him and others as the tunnels collapse and they are buried alive.  Jason quickly moves his gaze to avoid seeing once again the broken bodies of the children he left there.  The Prophet's future image shows an image of Jason in bed with... Jason closes his eyes.

Shaken, he thinks, *Got to remember not to do that again.*

Roll Call:

Player: Character: Theme/Power

Alex Green: Jason 'Landslide' Brown : Bodymorph Mud & Taint manipulation.

Archer : Sinclair : Incredible sensory range and sensitivity

Asbjorn : Adam Hoyle : Control over nature (animals, plants, weather)

Bahamut810 : Kagejin : “Quickness” (Mega Martial Arts?)

Ezekiel: Symbiote : Telepathy, Parasitic domination, & Teleport

Levinwurth: Mikhail 'Bolshoi' Andreivich Rastov : TK, other mentals

Nullifier : The Prophet : Bodymorph ???, ESP, Pretercognition

Prince of Bordom : John Stevens : Power Mimic

Which takes us back to our original question: Who gets Symbiote?

Kagenjin is Unwilling. I’m not sure the Prophet is capable. That leaves Landslide, Sinclair, Adam Hoyle, Bolshoi, & John Stevens. I’m reluctant.

I don’t want to take a baseline along. It’s going to be tough enough without worrying about radiation shielding, food, air, and that sort of thing. Ideally we’d have an all “Adaptive” crew… although I’m not sure any of us have the skills needed. Did anyone come in on one of those shuttles? Does anyone have the skills to fly a shuttle? Jason has basic ‘crew’ type training, but nothing spectacular.

Is a spaceship something we'd really need...?

I mean, most of the actual exploring will take place outside, won't it? Isn't a shuttle crewed by npcs good enough? That way we'll have someone to protect as well... ::wink

I was toying with a few different character concepts for this story, one of them with a ship of his own and the skills to fly it. If we end up figuring out that we need more mobility, that's always an option...

That brings up other points.

Movement:

1) How do we move from solar system to solar system?

2) How do we move around inside a solar system?

3) How do we move down to a planet to explore?

Presumably initial exploration is done by Apollo. He spots a possible solar system with possible planets, maybe even “likely” planets. Just doing *that* is such a specialty its good we have an NPC to do it. Then Graviton/Apollo opens a gate and our “space shuttle” goes through.

A) Then we need to get to the planet (orbit) [Warp or Fly Shuttle]

B) Get down to the planet surface (if need be) and back [Warp, Flight, or Teleport]

C) Gather data [implies instrumentation and contact with the shuttle]

D) And then go back to the mother ship [Warp]

If “Mimic” has Graviton’s powers that speeds up “A” and maybe “B” quite a bit, but we have to assume “C” will take too long for him to still have those powers for “D”. One possibility is the Prophet might be able to use a “Warp” technique… but I assume that’s going to be weaker than standard Warp and thus more useful for “B” than for “A” or “D”.

We have a telepath so in theory we could have Graviton/Apollo do “D”. This is working out MUCH better than I first thought.

Skills:

Does anyone have enough “Pilot/Computer” to fly a shuttle?

Does anyone have enough medical to call themselves a Doctor? Navigator? Scientist? Engineer?

Symbiote = doctor, scientist and engineer yes...but for him to perform surgery he'd have to take over the host I imagine.

Note, since I've been asked, hosting doesn't mean relinquishing control to Symbiote. You can still resist normally if he tries to dominate you later on.

Prof. Hawkling can use any type of machine, Including vehicles(that's the theory, anyway).  As for the Symbiote, He might be willing to give him a ride, but only if he sits in the back seat ::laugh

I thought he was still stuck in a wheelchair?

And I know what you mean about Symbiote. Jason wouldn't be a terrible choice as a host, it sounds like he'd give me some things I lack... and unlike most, Jason could in theory sever the relationship if it became annoying. But I’m still pretty hesitant. We might be able to work out a deal, but that would need to be done IC.

Yea...Kagejin is a bit paranoid about domination. He likes to keep total control of his body, and his thoughts are private.

He might consider it if Symbiote swore to do nothing to him (read his mind, take control) and there was little other choise (or it would be vital for a mission) but otherwise symbiote is out of luck, Kagejin-wise.

As for the shuttle, if Knave wants to make it easier on everyone we can say I brought one with me when I went rogue from Nippon, and my follower *could* be a crack pilot...probably not, but it would make things easier (plus I get my tea!).

Its all up to knave though, and even I seriously dought she would have the skills.

Prof. Hawkling can walk with the aid of some machines he's invented, He just looks like a puppet without strings ::rolleyes

As for flying...He has a 5 dex and 5 pilot, but with machines only.  the rest of the time he's quite clumsy. ::tongue

Is he your PC? And I assume there are some computer and navigation skills in there somewhere?

Archived