Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal Expansion Teams

Heritage

I.E. We may not know Utopia-world-boy, but he is wearing normal 'Green" clothing so a certian amount of trust can be given to him.  As opposed to Terrasect who we may not know, but lets his Daddie dress him.

That and the Teleport.

We are deep underground in the Heart of Green Central, so it can be infered that if you are walking around down here you are a Green.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Glacier is no longer the most shameless taint-baby on EON! ::tongue ::squid ::laugh

I copied this here, phoenix, cause I know Heritage wanted to keep the two ooc threads separate. Let's keep the Trans-D stuff here, ok? ::wink

Besides: The only one of those three that's actually tainted is Tesseract. The other two just bought themselves some extra points with the 'speech impediment' flaw.

BTW: Is it Faith's peculiar relation to time or your own creativity that makes you change the order things happen in? ::tongue

Besides: The only one of those three that's actually tainted is Tesseract. The other two just bought themselves some extra points with the 'speech impediment' flaw.

Not sure what Glacier's taint rating is but Tesseract is definately tainted...

Perceiving the air moving to make room for the newcomer before he himself appears, Faith panics

Not sure what power you're describing (enhanced senses, intuition, etc.) but I don't think this would have happened.

Tesseracts appearance in 'real-time' is instantaneous therefore there would be no 'air moving... before he... appears'; it would happen simultaneous with his appearance.

If you're picking up on Asbjørn's reaction:

Ripples in the air. Shimmering waves of moments forming... a man.

Real subtle, Tess...

He is describing something very different using flowery prose. I'll let him decide whether he wants to divulge the particulars... but rest assured it has nothing to do with actual 'ripples of air' just prior to Tesseract's appearance.

BTW: Is it Faith's peculiar relation to time or your own creativity that makes you change the order things happen in?

I think what Asbjørn is getting at is that your last quote,

Hood hands Pat the Leprechaun his drink and raises his own, glancing around the table.

"Well, for those of us with the sense to fill our glasses... Cheers!"

actually happened before Tesseract even appeared.

I think we need to be real careful in this game because based on the current cast I can see us having some interesting issues with temporal continuity...

Not only is Pat not a Taint monkey at all, Glacier certainly doesn't hold the prize either. My character The Prophet in the Into The Void thread is clearly the most Tainted nova currently in a game. ::lookaround

+5 to social diff. And he's still sane. Non-Terat novas couldn't hope to become that Tainted without insanity as the inevitible result. Eat your heart our Glacier. ::tongue

Oooh, I beg your pardon. Shameless flaw-babies, then, though that just doesn't have a certain ring to it.. ::wink ::tongue

BTW: Is it Faith's peculiar relation to time or your own creativity that makes you change the order things happen in?

::blink No... Apparently it's my own peculiar relation to time. I'll go fiddle with that post some then, thanks for the heads up. ::blush

Not sure what power you're describing (enhanced senses, intuition, etc.) but I don't think this would have happened.

Tesseracts appearance in 'real-time' is instantaneous therefore there would be no 'air moving... before he... appears'; it would happen simultaneous with his appearance.

And that was just a short-sighted description of Mega-Perc, but you're right - post edited to describe her simply noticing it before she notices him, not before he appears.

Oooh, I beg your pardon. Shameless flaw-babies, then, though that just doesn't have a certain ring to it.. ::wink ::tongue

Especially since we have a nova healer with us.

In theory, I could drop a point of willpower and cure things like damaged vocal cords.

I'm much less sure about congenital stuff. ::confused

Wow, the Prof is right - this does lend itself to abuse. Not that you guys would, of course.. ::wink

And this surprises you? ::sly

The problem with physical flaws in Aberrant is just that. It's hard to come up with a plausible explanation for why they can't be healed. 'Quantum backlash' is one working diagnosis, of course. Cause that is the most important thing about flaws: You can't lose them. From that point of view it would actually be more accurate to say that flaws disrupt plausibility than that they lend themselves to abuse.

And it's of course always fun to count bonus points listed in a character's description. ::tongue ::wink

The “flaws can’t be bought off or purchased” thing is a flaw in the system.

I purchase “enemy”. He dies. Does another enemy pop up? That’s very in theme for comic books, less so for aberrant. I purchase “Combat Paralysis” to represent combat inexperience. The game goes on a while and eventually the characters become top rated elites. Why is he still inexperienced in combat?

There should be a way to deal with this, maybe 3exp per point of flaw to pay off? There is less of a need for buying merits, most of them in abby have power equivalents or cost listings, but some don’t.

Physical flaws are a good example. Arguably birth defects might (but only might) require bio-manipulation. Dwarfism is presumably outside Healing reach, but deafness or blindness sounds more possible.

As far as injuries go, Healing can be used to restore lost limbs and the like. That business of “Zap” requiring a year to heal back to normal is bull. Granted, he only has a head and torso. But DeVries is known for their medical benefits, and they aren’t earning much off of Zap with him on a bed somewhere. DVNTS’s nova healer goes in, drops a point of willpower, and Zap gets one of his organs back. Then the healer does the same thing again the next day, and the next, until Zap gets everything back. You get a point of willpower back every day, given down time it would take a few weeks.

(Zap may not be highly regarded but he isn’t under sanction or anything… although it is possible that he got messed up on non-DVNTS business and his medical contract only covers Healing when he is on DVNTS business.)

(Zap may not be highly regarded but he isn’t under sanction or anything… although it is possible that he got messed up on non-DVNTS business and his medical contract only covers Healing when he is on DVNTS business.)

Still shouldent stop them from doing it now and billing him later.

Personally, I'm not opposed to 'buying off' flaws with XP, if there's a plausible enough explanation - we'd have to work out a system of some sort, I suppose.

If I'm not mistaken, at this point everyone but the Prof has written a character intro in the game - seeing as we, sadly, cannot be sure if he will be joining us (Oh, how I curse you, City of Heroes! ::angry), I'm going to get things going in a post most likely later today. If and when Potts does return to the forums, it will be his responsibility to explain his PC's tardiness IC.

Buckle up your seatbelts, folks - looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride! ::devil

Y'know what, if at all possible, I'd like to see if our good friend CDragon is going to respond to Alex's question before I post - I don't want to just leave that discussion hanging like that. If good Sir Dragon doesn't post by the end of day US time, I'll work around it.

Aggravated damage may never heal on a baseline, but a nova healer could do it at tripple cost (no willpower).

Not sure. If you ever work out with Heritage an exp cost and want to give it a try, then I think it could be done.

Not that Paul is going to say something like that to an unknown nova who might take "failure" violently.

Aggravated damage may never heal on a baseline, but a nova healer could do it at tripple cost (no willpower).
That's why I made it Aggro, to keep it simple. And to keep hope alive ::wink
If you ever work out with Heritage an exp cost and want to give it a try, then I think it could be done.
We'll see after we get some EXP ::devilangel
Not that Paul is going to say something like that to an unknown nova who might take "failure" violently.
Awww, Ironfeather is a pussycat. The ones you have to worry about are Badger and Cougar ::tongue

I really hope Ironfeather isn't the type to insult a superior officer like this on purpose:

Fair enough  But for now, lets see what Lt. Bledsoe has to say... and with that, he turns to Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is a colonel, and military types tend to be a bit touchy about rank and stuff...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; two diseases at once kept me out of touch for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up in school where the professors will allow it. (Missed two exams and have another coming up after missing class.) ::confused

Good news is, at least one professor was as sick as me...

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up, here and there.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while; two diseases at once kept me out of touch for a while.  Hopefully I'll be able to catch up in school where the professors will allow it.  (Missed two exams and have another coming up after missing class.) ::confused

Good news is, at least one professor was as sick as me...

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up, here and there.

Hey, I'm just glad you're feeling better - good to have you back.

For the purposes of clarification, the crazy-ass room described in the game thread looks nothing like the old portal set-up at WS Charlie, which was a much more traditionally computer/electronics based affair; it should look just as shockingly bizarre to our two trans-dimensional guests as it does to the inhabitants of Prime ::wink

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - I've posted an entrance - I hope it's okay, Heritage, & gels with what you have planned. It seemed more natural than having the Colonel do his thing all over again. Of course, if he's the only person with access to the room, then he could have just dumped Emerald there before he went to the pub for some reason?

In any case, if you need it changed, then I will (naturally) change it! ::wink

Okay - I've posted an entrance - I hope it's okay, Heritage, & gels with what you have planned. It seemed more natural than having the Colonel do his thing all over again. Of course, if he's the only person with access to the room, then he could have just dumped Emerald there before he went to the pub for some reason?

In any case, if you need it changed, then I will (naturally) change it! ::wink

Actually that was fine, and saves me a lot of trouble - plus it will piss off Bledsoe a little bit, which will be amusing.

I plan on doing major posts in all forums later today/tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled ::wink

Is this telepathic to Paul, or a general broadcast so I can sense it, too? Is it plant or animal (I have Nature sense, so I can percieve both)?  Are we there yet ::tongue ?

I'm going to say it was specific to Paul, at least to save me the headache right now ::tongue And I suppose technically the 'onion' (or THRONE) is an animal.

A word about Project Pandora:

Everybody knows that the Directive, American Division (DAD, or Daddy's Boys) are the scary men in gray who track down novas/aberrants and kill them or enslave them. So what does Pandora do?

Very few people in the world know about Pandora, but the Greens are some of the few who do; the small, secretive organization is part of the Aeon Society, the 20th century 'relic' associated with the old days of Project Utopia and Project Proteus. As far as the average Green knows, Pandora uses some sort of mental powers to find dangerous novas and rehabilitate them; there are all sorts of rumors about what this 'rehab' entails, including drugs, lobotomies and imprisonment, but they have yet to be substantiated.

What is known is that General Chimera has recently made overtures of co-operation towards Pandora, and that the two groups have worked together to bring down a few powerful and deranged novas who posed a threat to Green personnel or their loved ones. Of course, what Pandora did with them afterwards is anybody's guess... ::unsure

So, seeing a woman in a Pandora uniform in the THRONE room is not like seeing a Gestapo officer having tea with your auntie (which would be the case if a Gray was down there), but more like seeing a CIA agent playing ball with the neighbor's kid. No one's happy about, but no one's pulled out a gun...yet. ::wink

Speaking of fish:

Hood has no military background at all. I'm trying to have him come off as a guy who respects leaders for their skill and charisma, not their uniform. Just hope his unintentional disrespect for the chain of command doesn't rub off on people who should know better.. ::wink

Well...Nick has something of an inferiority complex. Mr. Uber-nova contradicting something that he *knows* (he is technically a genius in any given area of knowledge you could want, in this case Quantum Theory) when the other nova admits that he dosnent know hardly anything about it...that dosent help.

Er... 'Mr. Uber-nova'? Where did that come from? ::huh

And if Daredevil's so smart, why doesn't he ask how Hood knows this stuff instead of assuming he doesn't know what he's talking about? Being an 'expert' in Quantum Theory doesn't make him an expert on trans-dimensional travel, you know... ::wink

And assuming that you're the brightest character in a group is never a good idea, either... ::tongue ::wink

Re: Mr. Uber-nova.

He is obviously a tainted nova from a different place. He did teleport in and was able to read the future after all (which takes significant power).

And if Daredevil's so smart, why doesn't he ask how Hood knows this stuff instead of assuming he doesn't know what he's talking about? Being an 'expert' in Quantum Theory doesn't make him an expert on trans-dimensional travel, you know...
"Look, I'm not an expert on this. Not even a veteran..."

Where Daredevil instincivley knows much of this stuff and can put things together how he needs. And quantum theory covers a lotta ground.

Re: Brighter nova

No...but he can assume he knows more about it then the guy who says that he isent an expert on it whose ideas could cost them lives.

Re: Mr. Uber-nova. 

He is obviously a tainted nova from a different place.  He did teleport in and was able to read the future after all (which takes significant power).

Nope. That was Tesseract. Hood has so far shown no powers and no taint. Make sure you know who you're talking to before you jump to conclusions.

And quantum theory covers a lotta ground.

Yes. Theoretical ground. I already tried to tell you I'm talking facts and practical applications here.

Re: Brighter nova

No...but he can assume he knows more about it then the guy who says that he isent an expert on it whose ideas could cost them lives.

You mean the same guy you've accepted actually has travelled across dimensions and who was allowed by Chimera and Dr Winz to explain this stuff?

Assumption is the mother of failure. Any above average intelligent soldier knows this. And if I understand your character concept correct and Engall's got high stats and attributes all over it might be an idea to make use of those rapport dots.

Nobody - possibly except Dr Winz - is an expert on this field. And Hood for one doesn't care much for quantum theory. This is the real world.

Nope. That was Tesseract. Hood has so far shown no powers and no taint. Make sure you know who you're talking to before you jump to conclusions.

My mistake. Ill change accordingly. He wont be so angry now.

re: Facts -

We dont *know* the facts. There is nothing practical about this...how many people do you know that can do it?

You mean the same guy you've accepted actually has travelled across dimensions and who was allowed by Chimera and Dr Winz to explain this stuff?

Travelled across dimentions...sure. He assumes once. I have flown around quite a bit in my life...that dosent mean I can build and fly a jet liner.

Assumption is the mother of failure. Any above average intelligent soldier knows this. And if I understand your character concept correct and Engall's got high stats and attributes all over it might be an idea to make use of those rapport dots.

Assuming the worst is *not* the mother of failure. And he will use them when he needs to use them.

Nobody - possibly except Dr Winz - is an expert on this field. And Hood for one doesn't care much for quantum theory. This is the real world.

This (well...WJ) may be the 'real world', but there are daling with possible world.

We dont *know* the facts.  There is nothing practical about this...how many people do you know that can do it?

You don't know the facts. Automatically assuming that another character who says he does is wrong is not exactly the pinnacle of intelligence in my book.

I'm trying to help you not make a fool of yourself here... ::wink

Archived