Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal Expansion Teams

Heritage

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if my character is 'probably in', then I can tell you she's Halle 'Emerald' Jordan - an African-American ex-exotic dancer with Green Lantern-esque 'energy construct' type powers (though not actually Quantum Construct as of yet - TK, QB, Immobilize all with MIRV, FF with Wall, & Flight). Regular Army package.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here we go!

Characters I have sheets for:

Asbjorn - 'Hood', Rebel 'exchange student' from Utopia

Alex Green - Paul Green aka ‘Green Might’ aka 'Doctor Green', Force of Nature

Bahamut810 - Nicholas "Nick" Engall (Aka Daredevil), Jack of all Trades

Damanor - Brad "Chameleon" Wilson, Shapeshifting Scout

Nullifier - Pat 'Eyes' Farrow, Warping Telepathic Deaf Midget

Prof. Potts - Halle 'Emerald' Jordan, Regular Army Energy Manipulator

Characters I just have summaries for:

Phoenix - Faith London , Meditative Telepath

Prince of Boredom - Tesseract, Major Weirdo ::tongue

Expect PMs from me this week, with a few questions for most of your characters - if all goes well, all of you will be in like Flynn, baby! The campaign will probably begin in earnest about a week after that, following the usual frantic PMs from you guys and a few more long-winded OOC posts by me ::wink

• 2 weeks later...

I can now add to the above list of characters I have sheets for:

ConcreteDragon - Erik "The Chief" Ironfeather, Mystical Percepto Guy

Yes, I can count, and yes, that puts us over eight - so what? I still need to PM some people about questions, especially so Phoenix and PoB can finish their character sheets.

I'm looking at putting up my first post for Trans-D this week, most likely this weekend. It will be a fairly open startup, giving folks time to drift in and introduce their characters to each other.

A word about the Trans-D team(s) - Project Sidestep is the most secret project the Greens have in development. Your characters have been selected out of long lists of possible candidates; most of you have probably never even heard of Sidestep, and a lot of that information has probably been contradictory. You most likely haven't met before, and don't know what the hell is going on, other than getting a firm slap on the back and congratulations about 'moving up to the next level' or some other equally vague words of encouragement. You may well have received some sort of extra survival training that does gbe with the Northern Cascades region, or been asked to attend a confusing lecture on 'the holographic nature of reality' in a small room behind the maintenance area, but no one has given you any straight answers to any of your questions.

In addition, I'm thinking of having an NPC superior officer who is a major, but none that you've ever heard of - I just think there needs to be an 'exposition guy' to answer any questions and be all mysterious. PM me if you have any questions, and expect a PM or two from me to come your way.

Good hunting, and God bless ::wink

Besides, supposing you're meant to blend in and explore the other dimensions, I'm assuming that having abberations would put you off the team...

Though I guess I could be wrong.

In an ideal world, yes, but I think General Chimera would rather pick the most qualified individuals rather than the least tainted - if they happen to be the same, that's great, but if not, there is so much work to be done that even a tainted team member will have lots to do ::smile

Maybe we should relate what aberrations we have?

I think Heritage said it best when he described Tesseract as 'Weirdo'.

That being said, he'll have enough dormancy to be able to hide his aberrations.

Heritage: I plan to have a final character sheet to you by tonight or tomorrow, assuming you're ok with the background idea I sent you.

Okay, folks can officially start posting now! ::thewave

I never got back to some folks about character questions, so I'll try and do that in the next day or so - no one had major issues, mostly background questions, as I recall.

Oh, and a word on uniforms - the Trans-D teams will have a very relaxed dress code. Bascially, you where whatever you want, and you wear no rank insignias of any kind. This is similar to the way the US Delta Force operates, and in a world full of uniforms, just seeing someone dressed like that can be intimidating.

Bledsoe is wearing a Blackstar suit, normally worn by elite Directive, American Division agents; made of a material similar to synthetic eufiber, they are programed to display a wide variety of camoflauge patterns. When switched 'off', they revert to a neutral gray, hence the nickname for DAD agents. Bledsoe's has been stripped of all insignias, making him look like some sort of scary, cyberninja dude ::ninja

Can I make a request to the players in this game to get a unified tense going on? As of now, Asbjorn and I are using the present tense, Nullifier's using the past, and I'm not sure what Bahamut's trying to do ( ::tongue ). Heritage's post describing the bar was in present tense, so it makes sense to follow suit. And even though it is sort of an awkward way to write, it does seem to fit the RPG-style evolving plot better.

You mean you honestly believe those seats aren't taken already...? ::wink ::tongue

::laugh

Since nobody else specified, I had Brad stake his claim. Consequence of his being a Paranoid Scout. ::lookaround

I hope you don't mind that I'm between you and the exit. Don't worry; by the time we have to leave in a hurry, I'll already be out the door. ::biggrin ::wink

::laugh

Since nobody else specified, I had Brad stake his claim.  Consequence of his being a Paranoid Scout.  ::lookaround

I hope you don't mind that I'm between you and the exit.  Don't worry; by the time we have to leave in a hurry, I'll already be out the door.  ::biggrin  ::wink

Just kidding, Damanor. Don't worry.

Besides... I don't mind giving you an edge if you need it... ::cool ::tongue

But he had willingly sacrificed that power to be here, Dullesville they called[...]

Nope. This ain't Dullsville, pal. You should have turned left at the intersection... ::wink

This world is called 'Prime' by the people in charge. I've made the same mistake myself, though, and was duly corrected by his heritageness.

Whoa!!! ::blink

Er... Bahamut? Where does it say Tesseract wears a DAD suit? ::confused

And why don't you want to roleplay smalltalk? There's nothing else to do until we're all gathered, and small talk between paranoid war veterans is rarely smooth and polite... ::wink

They say he took that Blackstar suit of a Gray he killed with his bare hands, but there were lots of stories about Bledsoe, and they couldn't all be true.
He got up from his desk, turned the computer off and willed his eufiber suit into a dark blue approximation of Col Bledsoe's favorite attire, minus the mask

I assume they are all in a DAD style. Which Nick is accustomed to quite a few designs of.

If its not...then please say and Ill change accordingly.

Bledsoe is wearing a Blackstar suit, normally worn by elite Directive, American Division agents; made of a material similar to synthetic eufiber, they are programed to display a wide variety of camoflauge patterns. When switched 'off', they revert to a neutral gray, hence the nickname for DAD agents. Bledsoe's has been stripped of all insignias, making him look like some sort of scary, cyberninja dude

DAD = Camouflage or gray

Bledsoe = Black

Tesseract = Blue

Its lends credability to the fact that there can be confusion. Daddies boys usually wear them, the scouts among us (im sure) can tell the difference between that design and other designs of military wear. It could be switched on, attributing to the color.

That coupled with the fact that few (if any) of us would have actually *seen* him before, which would not be so bad if it werent for the clothing.

I.E. We may not know Utopia-world-boy, but he is wearing normal 'Green" clothing so a certian amount of trust can be given to him. As opposed to Terrasect who we may not know, but lets his Daddie dress him.

Archived