Trinity Universe: New Guardians OOC

Heritage

Ah screw it, I'm doing it now, because I'm sick of the other thread title - you can only muse for so long, after all ::biggrin

So I've got character pitches and/or sheets from the following folks:

Tooho

ProfPotts

Ezekiel

ConcreteDragon

Prince of Boredom

I'm still waiting on the following people:

Grizzly

Asbjorn

There's no real rush, I just wanted to get some idea of what I'm in for as far as characters go. On the plus side, this game is set much more within regular Trinity continuity, unlike the involved background we had deal with during War Journal's start up, so once all character issues are figured out, we should be able to more or less jump right in ::thumbsup

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool ::cool ::thumbsup .

So... not to pressurize or anything ::halo , but have you had a chance to check if th' ol' character is okay yet or not? It's just that I thought it might be a good idea to post a bit about the characters that have already been accepted to help avoid duplication, see what the group needs to fill it out - that sort of thing... ::lookaround

... well, okay, I just what to type stuff about my character really - but that last paragraph sounded awfully convincing, right? ::sly

Actually, Prof, I was thinking the same thing. If we are being hired as a team to hunt down these rare artifacts and acquire them, by force if necessary, I'm sure our employer would want to build a well-rounded and balanced team.

So, Heritage, at a minimum what would they be looking for (ie. spaceship pilot, someone with archeological experience, thief type, etc)?

Cool ::cool ::thumbsup.

So... not to pressurize or anything ::halo, but have you had a chance to check if th' ol' character is okay yet or not? It's just that I thought it might be a good idea to post a bit about the characters that have already been accepted to help avoid duplication, see what the group needs to fill it out - that sort of thing... ::lookaround

... well, okay, I just what to type stuff about my character really - but that last paragraph sounded awfully convincing, right? ::sly

Heh! I'm sorry, dude, I could've sworn I PMed you back, but I see that I didn't ::blush Your character is fine, and should work out very well ::thumbsup

Actually, Prof, I was thinking the same thing. If we are being hired as a team to hunt down these rare artifacts and acquire them, by force if necessary, I'm sure our employer would want to build a well-rounded and balanced team.

So, Heritage, at a minimum what would they be looking for (ie. spaceship pilot, someone with archeological experience, thief type, etc)?

Okay, here's what we've got so far:

A heavy-hitter Legionaire (Prof)

A clairsentient (Tooho)

A 'gentleman thief' (CDragon)

An android (Zeke)

A pilot would be a good idea - there's going to be an NPC pilot, but I think the ship you'll be using needs at least two people to fly her, plus if something ever happens to NPC guy, that would be nice ::biggrin I think the android has a little piloting wired in, too, so he's there as a back-up.

A vitakinetic or other medical personnel might be nice, or an electrokinetic engineer. An Upeo teleporter would be helpful, or a telepath of some sort.

Your message box is full, Heritage. Do something about it, and I'll tell you more about what I'm thinking.

Sorry about that! Cleared out some space, so we should be good.

Of course, I could always write the short, short version here. I'm thinking about a neutral historian/engineer type.

That sounds excellent! Would work very well for this campaign ::thumbsup

Heh! I'm sorry, dude, I could've sworn I PMed you back, but I see that I didn't  Your character is fine, and should work out very well.

I got the 'first glance is fine, but I need to check it' PM, & was just wondering about the 'checking it' part... ::lookaround

So - the character's okay 'as is'? Cool. ::smokin

To be honest, I'm real tired right now... ::sleeping But I'll try to post some sort of character description tomorrow (if I tried to now, it'd end up as jibberish... ::wacko ).

Cheers Heritage - lookin' forward to th' game with baited breath! ::thumbsup

A little tidbit here:

Sunset-Kalkay is a privately-owned consulting firm with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Olympus, Lulong Station and Absolute Zero. It is owned by Ms Godiva Trask, the eccentric British heiress, who bought it outright in 2065 during the early years of the Crash.

Trask herself has not made a public appearance in over twenty years, and rumors about her abound - she’s an artificial intelligence, an Aberrant or a brain in a vat. It is known that she was born near the end of the 20th Century in Bristol, the only child of Lionel and Imogen Trask. The Trask family fortune was made centuries ago during the African slave trade, and over the years came to encompass both shipping and shipbuilding, and in the 22nd century, the construction of spacecraft. Trask Enterprises also has major investments in media, interplanetary shipping, orbital manufacturing and cutting-edge medical research.

As to why she felt the need to buy such a consulting firm is a bit of a mystery - to all appearances, it's part of some 'pet project' that the elderly Trask has yet to share with anyone, with the possible exception of Dr Abassi, her personal physician and closest confidante.

Okay, I may actually post the begining of the campaign today! ::shocked

Here's how it's going to start:

1. All the PCs have some sort of agreement by which Sunset-Kalkay can reach them, most likely by packet transmission. You don't have to reside on Absolute Zero to be contacted, but somewhere in the Sol system would be nice.

2. You can have worked for for S-K in the past, but it might be a smidge easier if you haven't, at least for my lazy ass ::wink Basically you have an agent of some sort who gets you consulting work or oddjobs, who put your name on a list, which someone at S-K read and passed on up the line. It might even just be a computer 'agent' programed to scan the 'want ads' and send out copies of your resume to gigs that meet your predetermined preferences.

3. The PCs will all meet at the S-K office on A-Z - they can hang out in the waiting room until everyone is assembled, and then they get the assignment together.

4. If you do want to have connections at S-K, like an Ally or Contact, let me know; I can give you the name of an account rep, which would be a one point background, or Leah Wagner, the office administrator, which would cost you two. If anyone wants one retroactively for a PC you already sent me, let me know.

Well I might not be able to post (or even check in) until Monday - gonna be out of the house most of the weekend. C'est la vie!

Looking forward to getting this baby in the air...or vacuum, which might be more appropriate ::wink

Later!

It might even just be a computer 'agent' programed to scan the 'want ads' and send out copies of your resume to gigs that meet your predetermined preferences.

Yeah - that was pretty much my idea for Maria's Watson agent - handle all the business stuff she's not interested in.

I guess I'll wait until the game starts to post a character intro' now... I can wait... :: nervous twitch :: ... sure I can... :: spontaneous maniacal laughter :: ... no problem... ::crazy ::wink

Thanks, dude!

Wait, I have a Moderator in one of my games?

(starts sweating profusely) ::wink

Actually, the term does sound vaguely sinister, like the Sentinels from X-Men, who better make an appearance in the the third X film ::rolleyes

If Edana looks like a famous star or something, shouldn't the PCs know who that star is? Is seems kinda silly to me that all NPCs go "Oh my! You must be...!!!!" And all PCs go "Huh?"

Just a thought...

She has an identical twin sister named Fiona, who's something of a socialite and a renowned beauty. Fiona's married to a 'legitimate businessman' who's thought to be some sort of Mafioso-type, and they live on A-Z, which is rather interesting considering how well-to-do he is and how scruffy A-Z is; Park Sector is the one 'nice' area on the rock, and theat's where they all live.

Hope that helps!

Hey Heritage! Got my Character Idea?

Yup, got it! ::thumbsup

Just for the record: I think I prefer not having my character walk in just now. So I'll just wait till the smoke clears and go have a nice cup of coffee in a room without laser burn-marks and gore all over.

You are most wise, my young padwan!

Uh... yeah, I'm currently awaiting a reply from Heritage before posting Maria's next actions...

Check your mailbox, and get back to me, dude! And if everyone could wait til we sort this out, I'd appreceate it.

By the way, does anyone have the complete Absolute Zero guide? I can only find the excerpts from the revised edition here on the site...
I just know Chill asked for it to not be distributed since he wasn't satisfied with it. Dunno if I have it anywhere...not on my laptop's disk, that's for sure...I think...

I have it, but I, too, am not using it out of respect for CHILL's wishes. I have a somewhat different take on A-Z, so it wouldn't be too much help anyway.

Wait, no, don't delete those five or six PMs, EMPTY it! Archive button! Empty! To your email address! Y'know, Hotmail, 250mb, plenty of space, EMPTY!

You can do that? If so, wish I'd known that years ago! ::blush I've recieved so much stuff for NG that I'm still sorting through, will try to have lots of space available asap!

As of right now, my mailbox is.......

Completly Empty!

::thewave ::withbeer ::withbeer ::pirate ::pirate ::partyhat1 ::partyhat1 ::priest ::priest

I honestly had no idea it was possible to archive posts like that - didn't even see the option ::blush

Everybody join in a chorus of 'Zeke Rules!'

Zeke Rules! ::laugh

okay...

wait...

You can do that? If so, wish I'd known that years ago!  I've recieved so much stuff for NG that I'm still sorting through, will try to have lots of space available asap!

ROFL!!

Dammit, which PM do I erase this time? Shlt, all character sheets 'n Prof stuff about Slither...shlt shlt shlt...

::laugh

k, sorry..:P Useful feature though that archive button. Glad you found it.

Archived