Aberrant RPG - Joining the Ranks

CujoLink

He's actually become the groups tank...
... a total of 16B/11L soak...

Ah, now, the thing to remember in Aberrant is that a single Mega-Strength 5 punch (& Mega-Strength is the easiest of the Mega-Attributes to gain, since several powers boost it up) does 7[25] Bashing damage - so, after your character's Soak that would inflict 7[9] levels of Bashing. I.e. your group's 'tank' is, potentially, a one-punch wonder... ::lookaround

Of course, that's just the way the game is weighted - but it's something to bare in mind when playing... Try to not get hit... ::wink

Wow, thats pretty nice compared to the other members in the party, well looks like I should focus on somemore damage dealing capability, next I'll throw on another level of mega strength, making it two lvls in it. More automatic succeses = neato.

OK another question, I hope I'm not overstaying my welcome

Ok please disect this for me, actually all I need to know is what does the seven represent because the 25 is the automatic damages from mega-str. 5

7[25] Bashing damage

I apoligize for all the questions, but I don't have as much time to study the book as I would like too, because junk like working full time and taking 3 classes tends to get in the way of fun stuff. So thanks for the patients

Weird spread. With that power profile, 2 dots of Mega-Dex would've been better, and Alex is right about the Regen, you'll need it. Still, your best best for surviving nova-level combat would be a dot of Forcefield. That'd give an average of around 10B/10L soak more or less, depending on your level of Quantum. Combined with Regeneration, you'd have a fighting chance even against a Mega-Str 5 combat-oriented nova.

I have one level of Mega-Dex, Mega-Wits, Mega-Str., and two levels of Mega-Stam.

Now I'm planning on researching what all I can do with these tonight when I get home, but of course I'll take hand-outs.

A great deal depends on your enhancements. However...

One level of M-Str gives you 5 automatic succ for damage and such things as forcing open doors. You can also lift a ton or so. Pay special attention to the mega-stat vs. mega-stat rules, they apply with "Clinches". Just about any piece of equipment in baseline society can't stand up to 5 auto succ.

One level of M-Wits means you automatically win any initiative ties, including those created from holding back actions. Note that between this and your M-Dex your initiative is +2. You also have the time to notice things that you normally wouldn't notice.

I don't recall what levels of Mega-Stamina give immunity to which gasses, poisons, etc. I think you are immune to tear gas and perhaps nerve gas.

One other thing (this normally comes up with Mega-Dex), when you have the choice of rolling your Mega-Dice or using them to reduce difficulties, you are normally better off using them to reduce difficulties.

Thanks everyone for your help, I appreciate it.

Is it me or is the Players guide a little confusing expecially for a newbie. It just doesn't seem to be all that organized well. Maybe it's from lack of a detailed table of contents. Anyways most of the powers and abilitites and such included are for advanced/uber characters. I don't know maybe I haven't looked through it enough.

Tonight I'm breaking out the post it notes and organize the book, yeah

CujoLink you're absolutely right about the players guide, it's deffinately not a userfreindly book for those new to the system, hell some of it confused me, and I'd had the aberrant corebook for over 18 months at that point.

Also something about your character you may want to ask your GM about, in my games I've allowed characters to use the Mega-Dex enhancement Rapid Strike for characters that use the more refined melee weapons (in other words no trucks, trees, etc.), it doesn't overpower the character as it rarely adds more than a couple of dice to the damage pool but I find it's a nice addition and adds to the whole 'cutting to shreds' effect.

RE. Mega-Stamina vrs toxins.

Technically, as long as you make your Resistance roll most Novas are automatically immune to the effects of "regular" poisons (ie tear gas, household bleach, battery acid, etc) but they can still be affected by highly concentrated doses or by things like nerve gases.

With Mega-Stamina your chances improve considerably. I seem to recall seeing somewhere that a Nova with Mega-Stamina of 2 would be completely immune to regular nerve gases like sarin. Presumably they'd also get to roll their Resistance to Proteus-grade poisons.

But there are also the various enhancements that'd protect them.

I like that Novas are so hardy when it comes to disease and toxins. It makes for some amusing drinking competitions amongst my Players' characters. Barkeep, two shooters of Toilet Duck! ::devil

Archived