Trinity Universe: Trinity Exploration Force

ProfPotts

"Lieutenant Smith. I'm sorry, Sir, I didn't realise it was you. Cadet Chow, Sir - I'm to be under you on the Columbus." Chow gestures for the Lieutenant to sit if he wishes to, "I was just going over the ship's schematics again."

Smithy smiles. He notes that its Ironic that the one girl he actually has something in common with is his subbordinate. Damn the fates, ne? And damn the infectcious forwardness of his friend... ::wink

"Well...aient that a hoot. Here I work up the nerve to come talk to ya and yer my subordinant. You gettin' them schematics down? I'm not gonna make ya *memorise* 'em...but im sure it'd help ya."

He takes a seat next to her.

"I already know 'em like tha back of mai hand. Ya need 'ny help? 'Ny thin' ya can't find?"

To save time...he will help her out however she needs.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Captain." the African woman nods as O'Malley acknowledges her presence, & only then turns to the Lieutenant Commander, "Mister Meyers."

Captain O'Malley glances up from his datapad, smiles and offers a chair to the Commander.

Sukuko nods in agreement at the suggestion.

The Commander again nods,

"That sounds reasonable, Mister Meyers. The senior officers' quarters has enough privacy so that the Captain & myself can share without being inappropriate, & our two Qin colleagues have their own - off limits - quarters. Since you've obviously put some thought into this, I'll leave you to assign the rest of the quarters as you see fit."

"Yes, that all sounds fine. As far as the Qin quarters are concerned, I will have access to them, if it becomes necessary."

Sukuko looks thoughtful, checks something on her datapad, then replies,

"I see we have two psi-active pilots with no assigned bio-ware. I presume that they'll each want to format one of the pilot stations - either one of the Locusts or the helm of the Columbus itself, depending on where they're assigned. That may limit out versatility a bit, but the results of formatting are usually worth it, from what I've seen. There are, naturally, tactical considerations as well - the Locusts are a prime means of defense for the ship. As I understand it a psi-active can format to all the controls of a Locust - including weaponry, but the controls of a Scarab are complex enough that each system needs to be formatted seperately. With that in mind I'd be inclined to assign the two psi-actives," she checks her 'pad again, "Adair & Brooks to the Locusts, but that's by no means a final decision - I'm open to suggestions.

O'Malley smiles, "Commander, great minds must think alike, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

As far as recommendations go, I'd prefer to leave the crew manning decisions in both of your capable hands, but I do have a couple. First, I'd like to have LT Logan working on my shift as the sensor/comms officer. She's been on my crew the last couple of years, and I've gotten her pretty well broken in. I'd then recommend having Cadet Singh on the next shift so LT Logan can stay on for a few hours to give some hands on training to pass on her experience. Would probably be a good idea to do the same with Cadet (he glances down at his datapad) Chow.

Beyond that, I'd recommend delegating as much responsiblity as you see fit to the ranking lieutenant's in each branch. (Again looking at his datapad) Let's see, that would be LT Logan in Science, LT Hawke for the flyboys, and LT Smith in Engineering. I always like to get my junior officers some experience in leading as early as possible."

Laughing, Marina shakes her head. "She never can resist a bet. Not fair though. Not like I ever leave the ship. What about you, Mr. Suvorov? Are you willing to take her up on her bet?"

Still smiling slightly, Suvorov shakes his head slightly. "I rarely make wagers. But I am sure she will have plenty of takers." He glances around the room at the rest of the crew. "Perhaps you will introduce me to your friend? It will help me; I am very awkward sometimes."

::biggrin "Sure, Rhianna loves meeting new people and she makes a great buddy." Turning promptly, Marina smiles up at Alexander as they walk over to Rhianna. "Don't mind her teasing. She's partial to making the quiet types blush."

Jostling Rhianna's shoulder, Marina waits till she turns to them. "Lt. Rhianna Logan, this is Alexander Suvorov. Mr. Suvorov, this is Rhianna. Rhi, this kind gentleman and I are attempting to make friends. Maybe you could lend us your charmingly overwhelming personality and help us make a few aquaintances. Lord knows, you seem endlessly popular." ::wink "Not that I mean to intrude on a past friendship to make my life more comfortable or anything!" ::bigsmile

Leaning forward a little, she whispers lightly. "See.. I'm trying. You are right. Just takes a little courage."

"You know, Rhianna. That bet isn't fair. There are a lot of us that never get off ship and considering you are a clear.. you kind of have an unfair advantage." ::tongue

Britt leans forward a bit, then glances around at the officers around him, "So did you do research on the whole crew, or just the pilots?"

"Oh, I've got dirt on everybody...", she replies with a sly, conspiratorial grin ::sly that disappears after a second or two. ::biggrin

"Just kidding, Britt. I haven't really done any research at all. I just read through some of the files, and I've seen some faces at the academy. I prefer to rely on my charms and winning personality to get to know people instead..." ::wink

"How am I doing so far...?"

As she's looking for the answer in Hawke's eyes as well as his vocal reply a hand touches her shoulder.

Clapping his hand on her shoulder in a friendly & framiliar manner he says,

"Hi Shaz... fancy meeting you here..." ::sly

"Tak! Who the hell let you out this early?", she replies. "And here I was hoping I'd get a head start on you and make Lieutenant first... You just don't want me to boss you around, do you?" ::wink

She glances down on the tag on his chest and comments

"So you're on the Columbus too, eh? I thought I saw your name on the crewlist. Well, I guess we could be worse off..."

She turns back to Hawke and says

"Britt, this is Takashi Masters, a fairly competent engineer. Tak, meet Lieutenant Britt Hawke, ranking pilot on the Columbus. How good he is I have no idea yet..."

"Ok ::bigsmile so now that we have some interest, let's set some ground rules......" Feeling the bump on her shoulder, Rhianna turns and sees Marina ::smile

"Lt. Rhianna Logan, this is Alexandrov Suvorov. Mr. Suvorov, this is Rhianna. Rhi, this kind gentleman and I are attempting to make friends."
::bigsmile At 5'2", Rhianna has to look up, and up, and up to see the big Russian's face (taking time to note rank, ship, etc.)

Putting out her hand, she says (with smiling but not flirtatious eyes) "Happy to meet you, Ens. Suvorov. But I didn't know that they grew Redwoods in Russia?"

"Rhi, this kind gentleman and I are attempting to make friends. Maybe you could lend us your charmingly overwhelming personality and help us make a few aquaintances. Lord knows, you seem endlessly popular."
::rolleyes "I'd love to, just give me a sec..."
"You know, Rhianna. That bet isn't fair. There are a lot of us that never get off ship and considering you are a clear.. you kind of have an unfair advantage."
::wink Turning back to the assembled group, "All right. So, the wager won't be on Individual merit, but the success of the whole crew. Those whom are Brave enough to bet, and win, will be able to "turn in" their brownie points for an extra round of drinks to be bought and served by the unfortunate looser of his or her choice (senior staff excluded, of course). Now, since Lt. G. Shell will be staying on board for this rotation, He will keep track of your wagers and be resposible for your winnings. Take it away, Gamme!"

Rubbing her hands together, Rhi asks the two "So you want Intros, huh? The columbus crew or one of the others ::devil ?"

"I heard that snipe in there, little one. Columbus I think. Don't you think, Alexander?" ::rolleyes "Afterall, security really should attempt to be aware of who's who." ::blush "Ahem.. especially if you are actually planning to stick about." Looking sheepish, she pulls at her uniform a little, straightening it as she avoids eye contact.

".. especially if you are actually planning to stick about."
::sly Rhi gives Marina the Vulcan eyebrow, but her eyes light up with Joy ::biggrin .

"All right, first off, Marina, do you remember that cadet that took the record in the Hybrid race in the last year of our acadamy? Britt Hawke, I believe. Well, he is going to be Top Pilot on the Columbus. He's right over here."

"Just kidding, Britt. I haven't really done any research at all. I just read through some of the files, and I've seen some faces at the academy. I prefer to rely on my charms and winning personality to get to know people instead..."  ::wink

"How am I doing so far...?"

Britt wraps his fingers around his chin and poses as if he were thinking, and says with a big grin on his face, "Well enough, I suppose. Most of the last crew I just met along the way, didn't bother to see who was with me at all."

"Britt, this is Takashi Masters, a fairly competent engineer. Tak, meet Lieutenant Britt Hawke, ranking pilot on the Columbus. How good he is I have no idea yet..."

Britt nods to Tak politely before glancing around again, "Well met, Ensign Masters. And as for how good I am at my job, I'll just let my past tell the story. Or you can wait until the first set of drills to find out as an alternative. If you would please excuse me, for just a few moments."

Britt gets up and with long, quick strides walks over towards Marina, Rhianna, and Alexandrov.

"Is there something I can help you three with?"

Beckett looks at the thin cadet, and chuckles to him self a little.

Relax mate, call me Robert if you must, Im not realy comfy with the Sir title.

At the mentioning of Columbus Beckett gains a peculiar look in his eyes, a tankard of interest mixed with a drop of longing. He quickly beams up.

Excellent, then I imagine that we will be seeing a lot of each other in the future.

"Thank you Sir" The Cadet says with a small smile, although he stands at ease his stance remains as rigid as ever.

"As to your earlier question, Shakespear is required reading for the Humanities course at the academy. It's one of the areas I missed out on back home. The Shakespear database is encoded, or at least the tragedy section is. Apparently we don't want to give our neibours any bad ideas about humanity. Could you imagine what another race would think if the first thing they saw was Macbeth?" He says with a slight smirk.

"I take it that I will be serving with you Si... Robert? If so I don't suppose i could ask you to do a bit of reading in for me? the education agents are all well and good but there is nothing like the nuiaces that a human can put into a part."

At the mentioning of Qinshui Beckett grabs Singh by his shoulders.

You been at Qinshui mate? oh, I knew it was going to get interesting, but to talk to someone whos actualy been there. Speak as free as suits suites your needs

"I've been there since I was little, It's where I met the Captain." he says, motioning with his head towards the table where the senior officers are sat talking.

"It's realy strange to step outside, The uncertainty I felt when i first saw the sky. The colony is like a huge bubble, inside is earth but outside... Well I never realy did find out."

The cadet closes his eyes and takes a breath in. "It feels better to be under bioglass again..."

The Commander again nods,

"That sounds reasonable, Mister Meyers. The senior officers' quarters has enough privacy so that the Captain & myself can share without being inappropriate, & our two Qin colleagues have their own - off limits - quarters. Since you've obviously put some thought into this, I'll leave you to assign the rest of the quarters as you see fit."

"Yes, that all sounds fine. As far as the Qin quarters are concerned, I will have access to them, if it becomes necessary."

Meyers rubs his powerful jaw as he seems to think

"About the Qin...I was wondering about Red's role in the security staff. Am I to treat him as just another crew member? Or is the Lieutenant only to act as bodyguard to Azure?"

Beyond that, I'd recommend delegating as much responsiblity as you see fit to the ranking lieutenant's in each branch. (Again looking at his datapad) Let's see, that would be LT Logan in Science, LT Hawke for the flyboys, and LT Smith in Engineering. I always like to get my junior officers some experience in leading as early as possible."

"Well, if I get to assign quarters, I'll let you figure out the shifts Commander."

Meyers winks at the commander before continuing

"Am I to delegate to Red as well? He is my ranking security officer..."

"Well...aient that a hoot. Here I work up the nerve to come talk to ya and yer my subordinant. You gettin' them schematics down? I'm not gonna make ya *memorise* 'em...but im sure it'd help ya... I already know 'em like tha back of mai hand. Ya need 'ny help? 'Ny thin' ya can't find?"

::blink

The young Asian Ensign appears to take a moment to register what the senior engineer is saying,

"Er... yes Sir... I mean no Sir..."

Frowning, she slips the link from her right ear, placing it on the table in front of her, then draws a selection of thin engineering tools from her belt. As she starts to remove the communucation device's outer covering she comments - the Lieutenant's presence now only half remembered as she focuses on her work,

"It must be malfunctioning - your English sounds very garbled..."

Apart from a slight Chinese accent, Cadet Chow's own command of English seems to be fluent...

"Commander, great minds must think alike, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

As far as recommendations go, I'd prefer to leave the crew manning decisions in both of your capable hands, but I do have a couple. First, I'd like to have LT Logan working on my shift as the sensor/comms officer. She's been on my crew the last couple of years, and I've gotten her pretty well broken in. I'd then recommend having Cadet Singh on the next shift so LT Logan can stay on for a few hours to give some hands on training to pass on her experience. Would probably be a good idea to do the same with Cadet (he glances down at his datapad) Chow.

Commander Sukuko notes the Captain's suggestions on her datapad, her ornate & colourful bead earings clicking quietly as she nods in agreement & acknowledgement in various places,

"I agree, Sir: the Lieutenants should be given every opportunity to prove their command potential. Perhaps, once the ship's routines are more established, we could try giving them the odd shift in command? That's a discussion for a later date, of course."

Quickly re-reading the notes she's just made, the Maasai Commander then looks up at Lieutenant Commander Meyers,

"Any relevant tactical considerations to add?"

"About the Qin...I was wondering about Red's role in the security staff. Am I to treat him as just another crew member? Or is the Lieutenant only to act as bodyguard to Azure?"

Sukuko nods,

"As I understand it, he is to be a member of the security team, yes."

"Well, if I get to assign quarters, I'll let you figure out the shifts Commander."

The African First Officer frowns slightly at her subordinate's flippant tone, but says nothing more about it in front of the Captain...

"Am I to delegate to Red as well? He is my ranking security officer..."

Sukuko looks thoughtful, then turns to the Captain,

"What are your thoughts, Sir - you do have the most experience with the Qin after all."

"Tak! Who the hell let you out this early?", she replies. "And here I was hoping I'd get a head start on you and make Lieutenant first... You just don't want me to boss you around, do you?"

The handsome young Nihonjin man smiles - a friendly grin that, along with a slight twinkle in his dark eyes, is making the steady transformation from 'impish' to 'devilish' as he matures... Raising his hands in mock-surrender he replies,

"After that thing with the 'cuffs & whips in Rio, I don't think I could survive being bossed about by you again!" ::tongue ::devil

"So you're on the Columbus too, eh? I thought I saw your name on the crewlist. Well, I guess we could be worse off..."

"Yeah - we could have one of those arrogant pilot types on board like that guy we always heard about back at the academy; wassisname... Haw'..." ::angry

"... er... -ley... Yeah, that was it... Hawley... Big guy, limp, patch over one eye..." ::lookaround ::blush

"Well met, Ensign Masters. And as for how good I am at my job, I'll just let my past tell the story. Or you can wait until the first set of drills to find out as an alternative. If you would please excuse me, for just a few moments."

Returning Britt's polite nod, Takashi watches the pilot leave, then turns back to Sharon with a slight frown of concern,

"Come on Shaz, you can do a lot better than that guy... At least aim for the guy who kicked Chomatic-ass on Karroo or something..." ::rolleyes

Suddenly a hush befalls the lounge as possibly the two most unusual of the Infinity's residents enter the room - the Qin.

The first of the two Qin appears remarkably human-looking: she has a slender & petitie figure, reminiscent of an Asian dancer or gymnast, & a has slight hint of Asian to her features as well. By far she's the smallest Qin any have ever seen - the diplomats all seem to be a uniform six feet eight inches, & the warriors are huge. However, despite the similarities, she's still obviously alien - for a start her skin is a shade of pale blue, shaded & highlighted with darker & lighter tones here & there, & even blending to a pale lilac shade around her eyes - eyes with are all-white. There's no evidence of hair on the Qin, & she appears to lack any outer ears. The rest of her facial features are slight but, combined with the way she moves with an alien grace, the whole package manages to come across as dazzlingly attractive - in an exotic way. Despite the usual attire of the Qin, this one is wearing the uniform of a TEF Lieutenant - Medical branch, & is wearing it well... ::blush

Following a short distance behind the blue female is the hulking, brutish, spiked figure of a Qin warrior. If the female gives an impression of exotic beauty & grace, then her bodyguard gives an impression of solid power & menace. The warrior's carapace-like shell (almost coral-like in appearance) is a mix of blacks & dark reds, which does nothing to detract from his intimidating presence. Those who know about such things note that the warrior lacks the shoulder-cannon that such individuals often appears to have 'growing' out of them; but even so, none feel like making the mistake of thinking that this warrior is unarmed - his hands alone look large & strong enough to crush a human-sized skull with terrifying ease... Of course, the Qin are humanity's friends... ::nervous

The female alien stops a little way into the lounge, her hulking companion stopping just behind her right shoulder & peering around the place as if sizing up potential threats... or targets. In contrast to her large red colleague, the blue Qin smiles pleasantly to those about her. Then she appears to spot the senior officers of the Columbus sitting together. The Psions present feel a surge of noetic energy from her...

... As Captain O'Malley looks up to see the new arrivals, he feels a familiar 'voice' caress his mind as the female Qin silently greets him,

*Bryan. It is good to see you once more. Is now a good time to meet our fellow crewmembers?*

Britt gets up and with long, quick strides walks over towards Marina, Rhianna, and Alexandrov.

Rhi meets the Lieutenant's arrival with a smile, her research having prepared her for his demeanor. "We were just on our way over to introduce our selves ::bigsmile . I'm Lt. Rhianna Logan," as the science officer offers him her hand, " this is Esn. Marina Soto, and this large gentile-man is Esn. Alexander Suvorov. Marina, Alex, this is the Aerobatic Lt. Britt Hawke..." her voice trailing off as the Qin enter the room.
The Psions present feel a surge of noetic energy from her...
The Clairsentient instinctivly reaches over and touches Marina's arm, tapping out a quick and subtle code...

Nodding slightly, Marina's ice-blue eyes widen slightly at the surge. Unconsciounsly tensing, Ensign Soto's well-fitted security uniform bunches over her lightly muscular form as her muscles bunch sharply then relax. "I didn't realize they are so beautiful.." she mutters softly to Rhianna. Her olive skin blanches a little as she eyes the larger warrior. Tapping on Rhianna's hand silently, Marina's plain face looks slightly uncomfortable as she turns slightly, standing more fully between the hulking Qin and Lt. Logan. Looking more apprehensive than antagonistic she stands quietly watching the larger warrior Qin.

"It must be malfunctioning - your English sounds very garbled..."

Apart from a slight Chinese accent, Cadet Chow's own command of English seems to be fluent...

"Ah dunno why...Them pieces 're usually so relaible. 'Sides...ya dont need it, I speak good 'ol ainglish. Dunno 'ny other languages. Ya seem ta know ainglish purty well y'rself, shoulden need a translat'r...."

He suddenly looks up and over at the door as the Qin walk in...

"Well Ah'll be gawd derned...Thait suit is...wow..."

"Thank you Sir" The Cadet says with a small smile, although he stands at ease his stance remains as rigid as ever.

"As to your earlier question, Shakespear is required reading for the Humanities course at the academy. It's one of the areas I missed out on back home. The Shakespear database is encoded, or at least the tragedy section is. Apparently we don't want to give our neibours any bad ideas about humanity. Could you imagine what another race would think if the first thing they saw was Macbeth?" He says with a slight smirk.

"I take it that I will be serving with you Si... Robert? If so I don't suppose i could ask you to do a bit of reading in for me? the education agents are all well and good but there is nothing like the nuiaces that a human can put into a part."

Robert smiles, he likes to get to know people through tutoring, nomatter what side he is on.

"Sure mate, I know you talk about, the agents can't hold a lecture like one who trully appreciates the subject can. When do you want to start?"

"I've been there since I was little, It's where I met the Captain." he says, motioning with his head towards the table where the senior officers are sat talking.

"It's realy strange to step outside, The uncertainty I felt when i first saw the sky. The colony is like a huge bubble, inside is earth but outside... Well I never realy did find out."

The cadet closes his eyes and takes a breath in. "It feels better to be under bioglass again..."

Beckett looks at Singh closely, as he closes his eyes, a concerned look grows into his face. His voice takes a hard serious, but low, tone. Almost a whisper in the room.

"Cadet, snap out of it. You are going to serve under that and other skyes all too soon, and the bioglass will not allways be there."

Then he cracks up, with a large rufull smile.

"besides, I wont allways be there to get you out of trubble".

As the Qin enters the room, Beckett looks up at them, obviously surprised. Sudenly he does not look as amused anymore, but rather trubled. He quickly and quietly sits down and tries, rather unsecessfully, to blend in by looking away from the Qin.

Rhi meets the Lieutenant's arrival with a smile, her research having prepared her for his demeanor. "We were just on our way over to introduce our selves  . I'm Lt. Rhianna Logan," as the science officer offers him her hand,

Britt shakes Rhi's hand firmly with a friendly smile, "Nice to meet you, Lt. Rhianna Logan..."

" this is Esn. Marina Soto, and this large gentile-man is Esn. Alexander Suvorov. Marina, Alex, this is the Aerobatic Lt. Britt Hawke..." her voice trailing off as the Qin enter the room.

Looking into the eyes of each ensign as introduced with his own emerald green eyes and giving a polite nod. As Lt. Logan's voice trails off, Britt turns to look at the Qin and regard each one carefully, before looking back to the group of people he was with.

"Yeah - we could have one of those arrogant pilot types on board like that guy we always heard about back at the academy; wassisname... Haw'..." ::angry
"... er... -ley... Yeah, that was it... Hawley... Big guy, limp, patch over one eye..." ::lookaround  ::blush

Sharon barely suppresses a giggle watching Takashi's desperate attempts at eating his own words. By the time Hawke has made his reply she's in control again, however, and rolls her eyes at the nihonjin behind the senior pilot's back. ::rolleyes

Returning Britt's polite nod, Takashi watches the pilot leave, then turns back to Sharon with a slight frown of concern,

"Come on Shaz, you can do a lot better than that guy... At least aim for the guy who kicked Chomatic-ass on Karroo or something..." ::rolleyes

"You wanna get your ass kicked, hot shot? You think I'm here looking for a root? I got news for you, pal: We're not all like you." ::tongue ::smiley6

She looks angry at first, but the expression is soon replaced by her usual playful demeanor as she adds

"Besides, ain't nobody here man enough to take my mind off the job anyway..." ::wink

Suddenly a hush befalls the lounge as possibly the two most unusual of the Infinity's residents enter the room - the Qin.
The first of the two Qin appears remarkably human-looking: she has a slender & petitie figure, reminiscent of an Asian dancer or gymnast, & a has slight hint of Asian to her features as well.
Following a short distance behind the blue female is the hulking, brutish, spiked figure of a Qin warrior. If the female gives an impression of exotic beauty & grace, then her bodyguard gives an impression of solid power & menace.

"...except maybe him..." ::blink

Almost ignoring the petite leading alien Sharon stares at the dark red qin for a brief moment, before she whispers "wow..."

Suddenly remembering her friend she turns back to Takashi, mischief practically radiating from her eyes, and grins

"He certainly is a big, scary bloke, ain't he? Think he'll talk to me?"

The female alien stops a little way into the lounge, her hulking companion stopping just behind her right shoulder & peering around the place as if sizing up potential threats... or targets. In contrast to her large red colleague, the blue Qin smiles pleasantly to those about her. Then she appears to spot the senior officers of the Columbus sitting together. The Psions present feel a surge of noetic energy from her...

Sharon blinks and turns her attention briefly on the female before straightening up and running a hand through her wild hair.

"Well, she's talking, anyway. Let's see if I can't get the big guy to open up a bit. How do I look?" ::wink

Confident in the answer she strolls calmly over to the two aliens, an energetic, almost girlish bounce to her steps. Having gotten Red's attention the moment she started moving she smiles at him as she gets closer. ::bigsmile Looking like a little girl next to the huge warrior, the young woman - who'd make most human men melt and look in vain for the right words - reaches out a hand to shake and says

"G'day, mate! I'm Ensign Brooks, Pilot branch. You can call me Shaz. And you are?"

Quickly re-reading the notes she's just made, the Maasai Commander then looks up at Lieutenant Commander Meyers,

"Any relevant tactical considerations to add?"

The Lt. Cmdr. nods

"Yes..Lt. Hawke is the record holder of the Bakahatsu run and came highly recommended. I don't think it would be fair to deny him his chance of flying a locust only because he hasn't registered any noetic potential. Besides, having a pilot formatted to the scarab will guarantee the best maneuvrability for the ship. In the end, that's where it matters most. The crew is on the ship and the formatted locusts won't help us much if we're to navigate through debris or an asteroid field."

Meyer's brows furrow slightly as his grey-blue eyes scan quickly the datapad in his hand...

"Ensign Soto is a psychokinetic and can be formatted to one of the gunnery stations. With luck Lt. Red can be formatted to another...I'm not sure if that's doable or not with the Qin but its worth asking them. I'm not a bad gunner myself but with even more luck some of the science or engineering crew psions, Logan, Singh or Chow, will be competent gunners. that's what I aim to find out through the drills and simulations."

The Lt. Grins

"We could find ourselves flying a ship at optimal efficiency..."

Brian loses his grin as he remembers something

"Oh...and I'll want a pilot at all times in the lower deck as well as a security officer. We can't afford the delay in response times during an emergency. Locust bays and gunnery stations are both located in the lower deck. Unfortunately this means tight shifts for the pilots...This is doubly complicated by the fact that we need the right pilot at the right place during an emergency...I'd suggest using Hawke as the floater pilot. He'll relieve whichever is formatted to the ship during his sleep shifts. The same goes for the one formatted to the locust...hmm...actually that means 16 hour shifts, 8 hours sleep in between or 8, 8, 8 with a different pilot sleeping at each shift. With a little brainstorming and jumbling about we could perhaps even make that comfortable. The important thing is that the Scarab psion won't have to run more than a corridor from his quarters to his station in case of an emergency, and there'll always be a locust available at a moment's notice."

Meyers leaned back on his chair and eyed both the captain and the commander to see their reactions. The Lt. Cmdr. seemed to have a lax view on protocol, something to do with his time at Karroo probably. But he definitely did his homework. It was obvious that he knew the personnel files by heart as well as the ships capabilities, his datapad seemed to be superfluous at best.

"We can check their capabilities during simulations, but assuming they're comparable, I'd suggest giving the locust to Lt. Adair if only because of his rank. Ensign Brooks can be formatted to the scarab as befits her rank. Again, this is assuming no surprises during simulations or objections on either of your accounts."

Leaning back towards the table the broad shouldered man flicked through a few pages on his datapad as he continued.

"As a doctor I'm also well aware that crew alertness is closely related to their health and will institute a daily program of calisthenics. I'll see to it that all shifts follow it accordingly. I'll allow the Qin crew members to participate at their leisure. I don't know if it'd do them much good anyway. I'll also make organise sessions of self-defense classes if needed, as well as first aid. All crew members should at least know how to use a medkit effectively in an emergency, or basic techniques in the absence of one. I know quite a few colonists who owe their lives to crewmembers who used garrotes or performed CPR on them..."

"I've also scanned the ship from one end to the other and made sure its clear of anything irregular. I'll check..."

The first of the two Qin appears remarkably human-looking:
Following a short distance behind the blue female is the hulking, brutish, spiked figure of a Qin warrior. If the female gives an impression of exotic beauty & grace, then her bodyguard gives an impression of solid power & menace.

Meyers had been preparing himself mentally for the meeting. He eyed Azure, his pale blue eyes reflecting the colors of the graceful Qin. But he wasn't quite prepared for the sight of his subordinate. His hand instinctively fell to his side, grasping at nothing...his sidearm had been left in his quarters. He pursed his lips, reminding himself that these were nothing like the others...

"G'day, mate! I'm Ensign Brooks, Pilot branch. You can call me Shaz. And you are?"

Meyers frowns and fixes his gaze on the cocky pilot. He stands up before the Qin has a chance to respond

"That would be Lieutenant Red, ensign. I would appreciate it if you addressed your superior officers using proper protocol. Lieutenants Azure and Red aren't to be treated any differently from any other ranking officers of the crew...understood?"

His voice carries through the lounge and though he addresses the now probably humbled Ensign Shaz, its obvious that the message is directed at everyone listening.

OOC: I'll spend a willpower point on a command roll, this being his first "order" to the crew and all...

The brutish red Qin turns his head, apparantly in response to Ensign Soto's subtle, but martial, change in position. Once again the Psions in the room feel a brief surge of noetic flux, this time passing between the warrior & the security officer... Whatever the surge was, the Qin appears satisfied, & turns his gaze quickly upon Meyers as the Lieutenant Commander reaches for a weapon that isn't there. The psionic surge is repeated - the the Qin returns to observing the room as a whole, apparantly satisified...

"Well Ah'll be gawd derned...Thait suit is...wow..."

Chow glances up, takes a few moments to be awed by the aliens ::blink , then a look of confusion passes over her face,

"Um... what 'suit', Sir? She's just wearing a standard TEF uniform..." ::confused

[Remembering, of course, that characters are not meant to be privy to game-related secret information that players may happen to have in their possessions... ::rolleyes ]

"He certainly is a big, scary bloke, ain't he? Think he'll talk to me?"

Already grinning over Sharon's denial about trying to chat-up Lieutenant Hawke, the charming Ensign Takashi glances over the Qin before replying to his friend,

"I'll wager a month's worth of scrubbing the deck-plates that I can get the blue one into bed before you can lay the red one..." ::wink

"Well, she's talking, anyway. Let's see if I can't get the big guy to open up a bit. How do I look?"

The young Masters takes a moment to give her an exaggerated 'once-over' look,

"Trashy - but you can't really help that... ::wink " quickly he holds his hands up in mock surrender, "No, you look great - as usual. The uniform could show a bit more cleavage though..." spotting Shaz's look as he reaches out his hand, the junior engineer thinks better of 'helping' her with her uniform, "... Okay, okay! Sheesh..." ::rolleyes ::sly

The big Qin barely gets a moment to stare at the outstretched hand before...

"That would be Lieutenant Red, ensign. I would appreciate it if you addressed your superior officers using proper protocol. Lieutenants Azure and Red aren't to be treated any differently from any other ranking officers of the crew...understood?"

A hush again falls over the room as the Lieutenant Commander snaps at the young Ensign - who is suitably castigated by the security officer's commanding tone.

Still seated by where Meyers stands, Commander Sukuko watches the situation with a mask of professionalism, but the more observant note that she nods slightly in affirmation of Meyers' actions.

The large Qin warrior again turns his attention to the Columbus' second officer. Once again, the Psions present detect the big guy's psionic examination of his superior officer. Only after the noetic scan does the large alien speak - his voice as deep & resonant as his appearance would imply,

"Meyers, Brian: Lieutenant Commander, Security branch; Second Officer of the Trinity Exploration Force space-vessel Columbus. Red, Lieutenant, Security branch; security officer of the Trinity Exploration Force space-vessel Columbus. Reporting for duty. Sir." The words are well-articulated enough, but come across as if they were being read from a board - as if they were being spoken without a full comprehension of their meaning...

The female Qin glances up at her companion as he speaks, then looks back towards the Captain - a slight smile playing on her lips in a very human, & rather alluring, manner. Once again he hears her thoughts,

*My colleague has little experience with your species, I'm afraid - please grant him time to learn.*

Um... what 'suit', Sir? She's just wearing a standard TEF uniform..." 

[Remembering, of course, that characters are not meant to be privy to game-related secret information that players may happen to have in their possessions...  ]

"I meant ther...Aura...they wear it so well..."

((Errr...I thoguht that was standard knowledge that they wore bio suits. Its been a while since I looked through my Trinity stuff...sorry!))

::blink

*That's what I'm doing, you fecking dipstick!*

A hush again falls over the room as the Lieutenant Commander snaps at the young Ensign - who is suitably castigated by the security officer's commanding tone.

The younger officer swallows and is about to answer Meyers' question when she's interrupted by the Qin's booming voice. Shaz stands at attention while Red reports for duty, mentally fuming at the security chief's ridiculously rigid attitude ::angry , but keeping her thoughts well to herself. After all, her childhood as well as her academy training was filled with ranking jerks with an inferiority complex, and if she hadn't learned to ignore them she'd never even have gotten close to graduating. ::rolleyes

*Wonder what he's trying to compensate for...* ::sly

Facing Meyers without really looking at him she waits for the superior officers' exchange to be concluded.

At 5'2", Rhianna has to look up, and up, and up to see the big Russian's face (taking time to note rank, ship, etc.)

Putting out her hand, she says (with smiling but not flirtatious eyes) "Happy to meet you, Ens. Suvorov. But I didn't know that they grew Redwoods in Russia?"

Alexander blinks. "Redwoods? There are many trees on the taiga, but..."

"I heard that snipe in there, little one. Columbus I think. Don't you think, Alexander?"  "Afterall, security really should attempt to be aware of who's who."  "Ahem.. especially if you are actually planning to stick about." Looking sheepish, she pulls at her uniform a little, straightening it as she avoids eye contact.

Seeming even more confused, if possible, the dark-haired Ensign glances at her. "Of course I am planning to stay. We are on a mission aboard ship, yes?"

Rhi meets the Lieutenant's arrival with a smile, her research having prepared her for his demeanor. "We were just on our way over to introduce our selves  . I'm Lt. Rhianna Logan," as the science officer offers him her hand, " this is Esn. Marina Soto, and this large gentile-man is Esn. Alexander Suvorov. Marina, Alex, this is the Aerobatic Lt. Britt Hawke..." her voice trailing off as the Qin enter the room.

Barely managing not to gape, the big man swallowed as he took in the pair of aliens. Awed by the beauty of Azure, he almost missed Marina's reaction to the warrior, and Red's response.

Even as he tensed reflexively in response to the perceived threat to a woman, Lt. Cmdr Meyers laid into Shaz. Quickly willing his muscles to relax, the broad-shouldered young security officer looked around, hoping no one had noticed.

... As Captain O'Malley looks up to see the new arrivals, he feels a familiar 'voice' caress his mind as the female Qin silently greets him,

*Bryan. It is good to see you once more. Is now a good time to meet our fellow crewmembers?*

Upon the entrance of the Qin to the room, CAPT O'Malley stands, his age-worn face and salt-and-pepper hair color belying the time that had passed since their last meeting.

*It is good to see you as well, Azure. Your appearance has changed. I believe this form will serve you well here, and make you quite popular as well (his practice in this form of communication ensuring the humor of his last statement was understood)*

The female Qin glances up at her companion as he speaks, then looks back towards the Captain - a slight smile playing on her lips in a very human, & rather alluring, manner. Once again he hears her thoughts,

*My colleague has little experience with your species, I'm afraid - please grant him time to learn.*

CAPT O'Malley returns the Qin doctor's smile and thinks to her *I think he is doing just fine. I apologize for the wonder of the crew, many of them have never seen your kind before. Please come and I will introduce you to the senior staff*

Clearing her face of emotion, Marina turns as the Qin turns to Shaz and even holds firm after the second officer's rebuke resounds through the room.

Turning while at attention, she nods at Lt. Britt Hawke, her stance tight and proper. "An honor, sir. I believe you attended Academy at the same time as Lt. Logan and I. To answer your question, Rhianna was just giving us a rundown of familiar faces to better acquaint us to the staff. We didn't mean to intrude upon your conversation." Her voice is polite and formal though a bit cold.

Seeming even more confused, if possible, the dark-haired Ensign glances at her. "Of course I am planning to stay. We are on a mission aboard ship, yes?"

Turning back to the dark-haired Alexander, she responds to his previous question with a bit of a rueful smile.

"Oh, yes, yes. I was.. making fun of my.. well.. numerous transfers of late. I hope to serve here indefinitely." Hunching her shoulders forward a bit, she grimaces and then looks up at the other security Ensign. "I was unhappy in many of my other posts so spent little time on any one ship. I mean to make myself fit here. Building ties and making friends might help. Well, atleast other friends than Rhi. She tends to keep me close to the action." ::blush

Smiling at hotshot pilot and Rhianna, she taps her Rank insignia. "If I had been as diligent in my posts, I might have been promoted to more esteemed ranks as well. I believe the presence of such dedicated officers will keep me more comfortable in this post." ::cool

Her eyes flicker briefly toward the large warrior Qin, Red. "And for lack of other excitement, it will prove eye-opening to have the opportunity to work with our fellow crewmates. *sigh* Although I assume it will take adjustment on both sides." ::rolleyes

(After Marina's reply to Lt. Hawk) "And I feel to apologize, my introductions are usually better than that. I just wasn't prepaired for.....Any way, I was going to say that our Lt. Hawke set the record for the 'Bakahatsu run ' during our last semester at acadamy. How much did you beat the previous record by LT.?"

Smiling at hotshot pilot and Rhianna, she taps her Rank insignia. "If I had been as diligent in my posts, I might have been promoted to more esteemed ranks as well. I believe the presence of such dedicated officers will keep me more comfortable in this post."
"No worries, mate ::smiley8 ::tongue we'll keep you around and in the thick of things for so long, You'll be Top Dog in no time ::biggrin "

Turning while at attention, she nods at Lt. Britt Hawke, her stance tight and proper. "An honor, sir. I believe you attended Academy at the same time as Lt. Logan and I. To answer your question, Rhianna was just giving us a rundown of familiar faces to better acquaint us to the staff. We didn't mean to intrude upon your conversation."

Britt's emerald eyes lock onto Ensign Soto's as she speaks, giving her his full undivided attention. Once she finishes, Britt says to her, "I'm sure Lt. Logan, yourself, and Ensign Suvorov didn't mean to interrupt any conversation. It just struck me as odd having so many people glancing at me at the same moment. But then as for getting acquianted, we can't all be close enough friends to have developed a sort of secondary code..." His voice trailing off as he looks back at Lt. Logan and runs a hand through his dark black hair.

(After Marina's reply to Lt. Hawk) "And I feel to apologize, my introductions are usually better than that. I just wasn't prepaired for.....Any way, I was going to say that our Lt. Hawke set the record for the 'Bakahatsu run ' during our last semester at acadamy. How much did you beat the previous record by LT.?"

A small smile crosses Britt's face as Rhianna mentions the Run. His response is seems either practiced or often said, "I believe I shaved off a few seconds during my run. However, I pretty much was in the race for the fun of it, it never crossed my mind that I would break any record."

The large Qin warrior again turns his attention to the Columbus' second officer. Once again, the Psions present detect the big guy's psionic examination of his superior officer. Only after the noetic scan does the large alien speak - his voice as deep & resonant as his appearance would imply,

"Meyers, Brian: Lieutenant Commander, Security branch; Second Officer of the Trinity Exploration Force space-vessel Columbus. Red, Lieutenant, Security branch; security officer of the Trinity Exploration Force space-vessel Columbus. Reporting for duty. Sir." The words are well-articulated enough, but come across as if they were being read from a board - as if they were being spoken without a full comprehension of their meaning...

The 2nd officer nods

"Thank you lieutenant. For now you are to continue your duties as bodyguard to Lieutenant Azure. Make sure she isn't pestered too much..."

Meyers steps around the table and stands before the ensign. Then looks over her at the various crew around the lounge

"This isn't the circus! The Qin are our guests and aren't to be questioned incessantly. As ranking officers you must ask them permission to speak freely and please don't make it a waste of time. That goes for all you lieutenants who are now thinking you're of equal rank, too! We're as new to them as they are to us. Give it time and they'll talk to you eventually, when they're ready."

Meyers starts turning back towards the table and remembers something

"Oh, and by the way, if any of you are thinking of getting tennis elbow or nasty headache for a visit of Dr. Azure's sick bay...I still have my doctor's license."

He looks down at the ensign and quietly speaks to her

"Dismissed ensign"

and turns back to the table, sitting down at his place.

"I'm sorry about that doctor, as the Lieutenant surmised, I am LT. Cmdr. Meyers, pleased to meet you."

He doesn't offer his hand, unsure it would be proper, but will take it if offered.

Keeping an eye on the Senior Officers table....

"we can't all be close enough friends to have developed a sort of secondary code..." His voice trailing off as he looks back at Lt. Logan and runs a hand through his dark black hair.
Lt. Logan is a little suprised. "I'm sorry. It's just that I've gotten us into enough trouble that we've worked out a way to let each other know when something is 'going down'. ::cool It's more of a habit after all these years....Marina, mabey you should mention something to the L.C., for off world encounters, this might have some value ::lookaround "

"I don't think I should intrude, Rhi. Tempers seem to be a little on the short side. I imagine we'll get a nice long introduction when the rounds start up. I don't think now is the time to approach the Lt. Commander." ::wink Flashing her pearly whites at the raven haired Lt. Logan, Marina jokingly shivers in fear. "I hate social engagements in the first place. You don't think I'll beard the lion in his den so soon, do you? I never was one to be suicidal, B." ::rolleyes

Smiling at the self-confident pilot, Lt Hawke, Marina laughs lightly making her icy eyes seem warmer. "You know, most people wouldn't have realized the tap was anything much? Quite impressive, sir." ::bigsmile

"Shall we begin again with the jabberfest, Lt. Logan? Ensign Suvorov and I will never remember them all if you don't keep us going." ::smile

"Sure mate, I know you talk about, the agents can't hold a lecture like one who trully appreciates the subject can. When do you want to start?"

"I have an exam planned for 3 weeks after we get back Sir. Part of the presentation side of it is for a group of students to perform Caesar. The more practice I get the better. I've been assigned the role of brutus..." The sihk says as if almost embarressed by this, a blush comming to his dark cheeks.

Beckett looks at Singh closely, as he closes his eyes, a concerned look grows into his face. His voice takes a hard serious, but low, tone. Almost a whisper in the room.

"Cadet, snap out of it. You are going to serve under that and other skyes all too soon, and the bioglass will not allways be there."

The young man looks back to the officer, his face doing what it can to hide the strangers puzzling reaction.

You fool, he thinks to himself quietly, you've gone and put your foot in it.

Trying to get a better measure of the man in front of him he pushes out with his thoughts, trying to see past what was once a jovial exterior to the emotion laying below. Why did he speak so harshly so quickly. <sense emotion>

Then he cracks up, with a large rufull smile.

"besides, I wont allways be there to get you out of trubble".

Feeling some of the joviality return the cadet lets himself relax somewhat.

A test perhaps?

Relaxing slightly the young man adds. "Sir, with all due respect, i'm going to have to hold that statement over you when It's me that comes to save you." ::sly

As the Qin enters the room, Beckett looks up at them, obviously surprised. Sudenly he does not look as amused anymore, but rather trubled. He quickly and quietly sits down and tries, rather unsecessfully, to blend in by looking away from the Qin.

Seeing the officers reaction to the Qin entering the room the young man stops to watch him for a momment, before turning to look more closely at the two Qin themselves.

Turning back to the officer he resists the urge to pry further, pleanty of time for that when he is aboard.

"If it's okay, i'd like to go and say hi to the captain. I'll be passing the cook on the way back. would you like me to bring something for you to eat?"

As Jason stacks the balls, he casts an eye across the lounge, and notices Eddie chatting up an obviously electrokinetic (and very pretty) Asian girl who he vaguely recognizes as a member of the ship's Engineering crew. A grin slowly burns across the handsome biokinetic's face.

You Southern dog.. Guess I won't be having to goad you into interacting with the rest of the crew after all. ::sly

Eyeing the table half-interestedly, he gives it a predatory grin before slowly pulling back and shooting the cue. The break is noisy and satisfying, and the handsome pilot doesn't stay to watch which, if any, balls he's managed to sink. Instead, he strolls towards the group that Lt. Hawke recently approached. He pauses slightly as the Qin walk in. As he casts an admiring eye over their too-perfect forms, he firmly quashes an infinitesimal surge of panic at the immense and obviously powerful bodyguard.

Approaching the other pilot, Jason offers a hand that is warm and strong, but relatively soft.

"Britt Hawke? I'm Jason Adair, the other Liutenant pilot."

Approaching the other pilot, Jason offers a hand that is warm and strong, but relatively soft.

"Britt Hawke? I'm Jason Adair, the other Liutenant pilot."

Britt's jade-colored eyes turn towards the approaching officer. Shaking Jason's hand with his own firm grip, Britt says to the man, "It's a pleasure to meet you Lt. Adair, let me introduce you to these people here."

Turning towards the group, he introduces each person, pausing a moment between each person, "This is Lt. Rhianna Logan, Ensign Marina Soto, and Ensign Alexondrov Suvorov..."

Britt's jade-colored eyes turn towards the approaching officer. Shaking Jason's hand with his own firm grip, Britt says to the man, "It's a pleasure to meet you Lt. Adair, let me introduce you to these people here."

Turning towards the group, he introduces each person, pausing a moment between each person, "This is Lt. Rhianna Logan, Ensign Marina Soto, and Ensign Alexondrov Suvorov..."

Jason flashes a grin around the circle, letting it linger and become slightly friendlier on Marina Soto.

"Hey, good to meet you all. Excited about heading out again?"

"Who wouldn't be? It's an honor, Lt. Adair." She puts her hand out politely for a shake after being introduced.

Jason raises both his eyebrows in a show of enthusiasm conveying his agreement,

"When will be able two watch you to square up? I imagine it will be quite a show."

"Sure will",

Jason laughs, then quickly shakes his head 'no' and winks at Marina, before grinning back at Britt to show the light-heartedness of his jib. ::halo

"Sure will",

Jason laughs, then quickly shakes his head 'no' and winks at Marina, before grinning back at Britt to show the light-heartedness of his jib. ::halo

Britt flashes a smile at Jason, an sparkle of mischief ::devil starting to show more in his eyes. His voice slips from it's proper english as he says to Jason, "If it will be such a great show, then let's put it on fur our crewmates in the here and now. We can grab the pilot sim and give it a guid whirl. Jus fur the fun of it, of course."

"Good luck, gentlemen." ::rolleyes Looking at Adair, Marina shakes her head in a mocking fashion. "You'll need it." ::wink

Leaning nearer to En. Suvorov, Marina hides a mocking smile. "Aren't you glad to not be a flyboy, Alexander? All this need to show off. Bad sport!" ::halo Stepping back a bit, Marina moves to the side to watch the competition though she doesn't pay close attention.

Shifting slowly she seems to be easing herself away from the crowd till she's resting her shoulders against a wall. Eyeing the crew, she drops the smile and just watches quietly.

"If it will be such a great show, then let's put it on fur our crewmates in the here and now. We can grab the pilot sim and give it a guid whirl. Jus fur the fun of it, of course."

Jason grins back at the other pilot.

"You asked for it. But bear in mind that I do better with actual bioships. It's much easier to fly a ship when it's almost literally a part of your body."

Clasping his hands behind his back, the biokinetic leans forward until his arms stretch vertically up behind and above him as he faces the floor, then straightens and swings his arms in front of him. The stretch is accompanied by a symphony of muscle and joint cracking that crosses the boundaries of the normal by a significant margin. Pulling back his lips into a grin aimed at Britt, he clenches both fists in front of him, and another roll of six or seven snaps ensues. Psions nearby feel a wave of energy, but a self-contained on, focused on Jason himself.

"Bring it, Irish." ::sly

Jason steps up to the simulation's controls, rocks from side to side slightly to get his bearings, shoots some imaginary cuffs, and grips the control in readiness.

Jason grins back at the other pilot.

"You asked for it. But bear in mind that I do better with actual bioships. It's much easier to fly a ship when it's almost literally a part of your body."

Britt looks the boisterous pilot in the eyes with his own green eyes, 'Aye, far be it from me to think this would be an actual fair measure of just our piloting skills. Ah would hate anyone think that to be true..."

Earnestly ignoring Jason's preperation efforts for the pilot sim, Britt prepares himself by outstretching each arm, letting it bend at the elbow, and rotating from the shoulder.

"Bring it, Irish."

Stepping up to the controls for one of the planes, Britt runs a hand gently over the controls, getting a feel for them and thier positioning. He runs his plane through a quick series of climbs, descents, rolls, spins, and even a few basic loops to get a good feel for the interaction between the controls and the plane. Once familiar with the flight pattern, he fires off a few of the simulated rounds to test the location of the gun.

The relaxing effect the brief bit of piloting for testing is most noticible in Britt's voice. Which once again returns to it's proper English accent, "I'm ready when you are, Lt. Adair."

Archived