Aberrant: In Pax We Trust - IPWeT - Mechanics thread

ezekiel

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reasons I keep expecting Lynn to produce multiple 'small creatures' which then go about putting her back together while singing in tiny high-pitched voices:

We will find it,

We will bind it,

We will stick it with glue-glue-glue.

We will stickle it,

Every little bit of it,

We will fix it like new-new-new!

[the song of the 'Marvelous Mechanical Mouse Organ' mice from Bagpuss: for those not old enough - or British enough - to remember it... ::tongue ::wink ]

• 3 weeks later...

K, I was ready to post about 4 hours ago but then my comp said it had 0mb of disk space left and I wasn't downloading anything! I erased junk and my space was still going down fast, I just managed to install a virus scanner. Scanned the disk nothing there...

reboot computer...

update virus scanner, scan again...

nothing.

reboot...

mild blasphemy escapes my lips...

Windows loads...Popup message: Windows update has just downloaded new software! FECK! It says this as if I should be happy about this!

Turns out my comp downloaded service pack 2 (300+mb) without my knowing and created a 200mb backup. Yeah, my comp is crappy so I never have much space. 4.5GB hard drive, half of which is taken by windows XP pro and more taken by Office. Anyhoo, I mucked around and decided that some random folder was what was downloaded. I hope so 'cause I deleted it. If I don't post in the next few days then it's 'cause I screwed something up.

Oh, and I changed my windows update settings...never thought it'd download huge files like that.

And soooo, I'll try to post tonight but it might get delayed a day or two. Its already 3am. I think I can do it pretty quickly though since I've been thinking about it.

I've just been reading a little of the story, and have a suggestion for you, Archer. Your character is supposed to have this eerily grating, metallic voice, right? That's easy to forget in a normal post so how about you using a different font and text size for his dialogue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is Mona TRYING to get Christian drunk and help him erupt? ::blush ::biggrin

Mona is trying to get laid, plain and simple - she hasn't been this coherent in a long time, and she's planning on taking advantage of it ::devil

That being said, because she is one of the few novas who can get drunk, she often abuses this privellege, and might not be coherent for much longer.... ::unsure

• 8 months later...

Well that solves the disappearing Prof problem...

(The dead Josh bit.. ::wink )

So anyway, CD and PoB have showed interest in seeing this come back to life, I'd just like to have a roll call of the players.

See thru Nulli?

Tooho in pieces?

Genius Archer of steel?

Cowgirl Heritage?

Oh...and Alex the Man 'o the city...

Think that's it. Like I said, Old man Boredom and B-Movie Concrete have already spoken... ::tongue

Bigger...badder...bugger!

Prof's character, shot himself thru the head... ::unsure

P.S. Sorry, I won't be accepting anyone else yet 'cause I already have 7 players, six is already quite a bit...and they're not even all together yet. Once things settle down then maybe we can work something out.

Psst...

I'm still waiting after some posts.

Psst again...

Next week I'm heading off again so I may be disconnected for a while. Not too far this time, just heading to Ontario for a 2nd degree (Common Law so I can practice in all of the commonwealth, not just Quebec which has a hybrid French/common law system.) Anyway, post or tell me if you can't/aren't interested in continuing.

Archived