Trinity Universe: Masked Men appearances

ezekiel

Now's the time for me to define what the Banshee looks like and you your respective characters...

The operative descriptor for Banshee is that she's scary. Really...I don't think we should get into mechanics but the suit has a Cloak of Dread effect which says a lot...As I thought of her costume I was kinda thinking of a concept drawing I glimpsed in a book for the SW Ep. 1 Sith lord, I just found it here for your viewing pleasure...mixed in with Tim Burton's version of Catwoman.

I imagine her having long cable thick "hair", black with reddish hues reminding her victims of blood and death. (not as red as in the picture as red attracts the eye and she is kinda stealthy.) Her suit is outrageously suggestive and formfitting for the times (again, think Catwoman) with high heels (though she somehow still manages to run in them..ahh the life of an adventurer!) and clawed fingers (though they're retractable.). Her mask covers her face with a bland, expressionless, yet beautiful female visage. I think of a Venice Carnaval mask like this except black with a greyscale skull outline instead of a butterfly. The mask is flexible and sticks to her face as seemlessly as the rest of her costume sticks to her body. It doesn't impair drinking, eating or talking. (Heroes look naff if they speak like through a plastic cup...:P) Black lenses hide her eyes and protect her from winds as she glides...

As mentioned in character her voice is distorted into an ominous, disembodied voice...she moves gracefully and with overflowing confidence as if nothing scares her. Patagia between her arms and legs allow her to glide wind currents...

Clear enough? Questions? Comments? Now's your turn!

• 4 months later...

Good initiative from ezekiel here, and a lousy followup from the rest of us...

Here we go: The Watchman - as indicated by the prof in his first posts - was the first of New York's vigilantes, and he's a no-nonsense, down-to-earth classic investigator hero with little belief in showmanship. He does have a scary image and reputation among the criminal elements, but he doesn't dress to exploit this fact. Unlike the Banshee or the Whistler his idea of theatrics is simple. He might recognize the advantage of exploiting the superstitious criminal mind, but he'd feel absolutely ridiculous in tights.

The visual inspiration for the character is The Spirit, Will Eisner's comics from the forties. Here's a picture of him, and here's the story of the Spirit's origin. Not to be confused with the Watchman, obviously, but still fun to read... The only difference image-wise - apart from the differences in men's fashion from the twenties to the forties - is that the Watchman prefers dark gray suits, not blue.

Come to think of it, a more accurate description would probably be a cross between the Spirit and the Shadow. He's darker than the former - and uses guns - but he's not quite as dark and scary as the latter. Yet.

Archived