Aberrant: War Journal - Keep da ´toon?

Grizzly

I actually like Platy. I think he is a great idea for a character...probably not the *best* char for a war story...but then I think its "realistic" (i use the term loosly (sic)) to think that a movie geek would erupt to become more like one of his favorite movies. The thing is that he is on a base that has multiple Cobra's on it (which is a lotta testosterone in one place) that wont go for most of the silly stuff (like a toon car crowding him and being loud and belligerant).

OK guys. When it was started, this game promised to be a pretty cool, gritty game, featuring a rich setting and Heritage's considerable experience with it. It's gotten really bogged down now, with inter-character bickering, and now with this insecurity over whether or not we've chosen the right characters. Frankly, I don't give half a damn how bizarre all the characters are, I say let's just let the story evolve naturally instead of doing all this really improbable and artificial-seeming removing of characters from the game. Plato's a little bizarre, but he can't ruin the setting unless we let him, and if played right, he could add to it.

Let's get this show on the road.

I don't feel qualified to vote on this, but I understand your concern, phoenix - personally, I feel that my enjoyment of the character concept didn't let me see how well said concept would fit into my world.

And yes, the substitutions are probably getting carried away ( I haven't even greeted Grizzly's character properly in all the hub-bub ::blush), but I think this would be the last one ::lookaround

I can't post tonight (have to house/dgo sit at a house with no internet), but I shall be back in force on Sunday.

Ernold will be around for a while either way, just so you all know - if we move him out, there will be a smoother transition.

Later!

edit: So does a vote of 'yes' mean stay? Not sure with the way the question was phrased. ::blush

I nulled my vote as well.

Just so everyone's clear on this, this has nothing to do with the Damien vs. Plato bit. We're wondering if having a wacky Toon à la Roger Rabbit ruins the Gritty War chronicle feel of the game...

hehe...actually just reading that seemed wrong...

(if there're yay voters who want to change their vote they might as well just post in the thread)

Personnally I don't mind either way, I'm very ready to change and have an idea for a more conventional character. I'm just happy to know that a toon character is possible in Aberrant... ::wink

"Good God! Jackson! I tell your momma you fought bravely! Epstein!"

"Yes sir!"

"Jackson's dead, you get in there and stop that gun!"

Boing, boing, wupwupwup!

"Whhyyyyy youuuuuuu!"

Grabs a tennis racket and hits back some of those pesky gun rounds

"Take that! Ace! 15-null! .. 30-null! .. Ouch! 30-15...ooooohhhh! Try to stop this! Ha! 40-15! Oh, you killed sarge! 40-30..Bang! Hah! Match point, I win...hey...hey! Stop shooting me ya sore loser!"

::biggrin

You must vote, but vote wisely...

Archived