Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal

Heritage

OOC - 'Joes' would be the proper term - 'Blues' are the crazed Michaelites up near Colville.

Oh...he probably wouldn't have gotten so medieval with Joes then, guess he bears a grudge on them for condoning the Blues' actions by not doing anything about it...yeah, that's it...:P

'Recon of Rimrock and environs in preparation for final attack orders' - this sounds like a pretty aggressive recon you're planning. Admittedly we should always be prepared for the worst, but is high-profile the way we want to go? If it is, that's fine, but we need to be sure of our priorities.

Havoc crosses his arms and nods

"Relax Colby, I wasn't aware of the orders, I just heard you talking about getting rid of Rimrock. Besides, the brass says Joey's gotta go. This is going to get high-profile at some point, there's no avoiding that."

Well, hello to you, too, sergeant! I'll answer your question, but a few introductions would be nice, y'know?

I kinda figured that since he's an Eight in Eight's territory, they already knew each other...plus I wrote that Havoc greets the soldiers in the room ::confused

"Is there any way we can blind their ADE sensors without their knowing about it? If not, we can always walk in their territory for the next few days while doing a Recon...if we're always in their sights, they might react slower when we do decide to attack. Downside is, they might call some reinforcements as they get edgy..."

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The door at the end of the short hallway opens, and a grinning Pvt Daniels pokes his head in

Morning, sir! Welcome to X4; the command center's this way.

Markus looks down at all of his gear, wondering where the barracks are, shrugs his shoulders picks up his stuff and follows Pvt Daniels to the command center.

He walks in, drops his crap on the floor, looks down at his watch, “Man, you guys start early around here, got any coffee?” as they turn to look at him, “Hey, I’m Markus, callsign Lobe. I’m the new medic…” Seeing everyone hunched over the computer screen, “What’s goin’ on?”

Sgt Colby, who drags her sorry @ss into the C&C, wearing sleepy pants, a threadbare Mickey Mouse T-shirt and a squint-eyed scowl.

Kelso, you're death is forthcoming.

He makes a quick inspection of Sgt Colby in her sleeping gear, and nods approvingly…

Oh...he probably wouldn't have gotten so medieval with Joes then, guess he bears a grudge on them for condoning the Blues' actions by not doing anything about it...yeah, that's it...:P

OOC - Soldiers during a war can do bad things, too - just because they ain't Michaelites doesn't mean you haven't seen some attrocities commited by 'Our Boys in the Service' as well.

I kinda figured that since he's an Eight in Eight's territory, they already knew each other...plus I wrote that Havoc greets the soldiers in the room

OOC cont - D'oh, my bad! Well, Colby could have been refering to the other folks in the room you haven't met ::wink And she did refer to you as 'sergeant', after all; even if all Cobras in the field are sergeants, it does sorta suggest familarity ::confused

Markus looks down at all of his gear, wondering where the barracks are, shrugs his shoulders picks up his stuff and follows Pvt Daniels to the command center.

He walks in, drops his crap on the floor, looks down at his watch, “Man, you guys start early around here, got any coffee?” as they turn to look at him, “Hey, I’m Markus, callsign Lobe. I’m the new medic…” Seeing everyone hunched over the computer screen, “What’s goin’ on?”

Colby, still looking mournfully at their orders, responds in a dull voice.

We don't normally all get up this early - we just got orders to recon the local Joe base, and First Sergeant Kelso though it was important enough to wake us all up.

When she looks up and sees the handsome young medical officer, she brightens considerably and offers him a warm handshake.

Hey, I read your file - welcome to X4, Lt. Smith! Nice to have a real doc here, seeing as Doc Scoville is spending so much time on the can.

He makes a quick inspection of Sgt Colby in her sleeping gear, and nods approvingly…

Noticing his scrutiny, Colby snorts and gives him a look.

Sir, it's not gonna happen this morning - I'm way too pissed off ::sly Daniels, get this man some coffee, and get him and O'Reilly settled into their quarters.

Mike nods to Havoc in greeting.

"Sounds good. If juice is an issue, I can take care of the portals involved you'd rather save yourself."
Mike says, "It's not so much juice as it is traceability. In theory, if they are really on the ball they could spot the portal and shoot through it. Maybe even fire through something that could trace the other side. I'm not that bullet proof, if they are really good they might even get one of me to drop the bomb, which would be unfortunate for anyone standing next to me.

It's a No Risk first step. If it works then they are blind & after this we can be subtle or direct. If it doesn't work, then the absolute worst thing that could happen is we only lose a couple of clones and get a warning and half to think up something else. Of course they might have another Fox, but blowing up an APG isn't a bad thing anyway.

As for being sportsmanlike, hey, I'm an engineer, and they have the sensors in the Fox. This won't be like a booby trap or suicide bomb."

Raphael frowns.  "So wait - if you make a clone, does he have his own juice account? And, do you have a 'central mind' or some **** like that, or what?"
No central mind, all Clones are *Me*, in every way... well... almost every way. We always know which member of our little Colony we are, and Clones can't make Clones. And yeah, we all use the same juice."

OOC - Rex can show anytime now, Prof, if you were waiting for me

[Yeah I was - I don't like to presume, & all that. ::wink ]

Reaching the base again, Rex (still naked) walks in, dumps the 'salvage' he collected on the floor, & walks over to Havoc. Punctuating his words by poking the big guy's chest with one clawed finger, the obviously angry Cobra says,

"What sort o' a twisted sicko are ya'? Me, I'm a soldier - & I'd hope that most o' these others here are too. Real soldiers don't go 'round torturing folk - even th' enemy. If ya' th' type who thinks that it's all right & proper t' carve-up on baseline Joes just 'cos ya' can, then we're gonna' have us a problem here. I'm well f'ckin' renowned for m' problem solving abilities if that's th' case..." ::angry

Reaching the base again, Rex (still naked) walks in, dumps the 'salvage' he collected on the floor, & walks over to Havoc. Punctuating his words by poking the big guy's chest with one clawed finger, the obviously angry Cobra says,

"What sort o' a twisted sicko are ya'? Me, I'm a soldier - & I'd hope that most o' these others here are too. Real soldiers don't go 'round torturing folk - even th' enemy. If ya' th' type who thinks that it's all right & proper t' carve-up on baseline Joes just 'cos ya' can, then we're gonna' have us a problem here. I'm well f'ckin' renowned for m' problem solving abilities if that's th' case..."

Colby steps between the two novas and holds up her hands.

Hey, just so you guys know, we have a rule in this hole: no killing anyone the first night. If you still want to rip each other's guts out tomorrow, that's fine by me.

A somewhat sleepy-looking Epstein is suddenly among them, her approach detected by only the most perceptive novas; Kelso is caught completely off guard and yelps in alarm, whereas Colby and Daniels are merely startled. The petite Scout's silk bathrobe is way too big for her, but somehow she manages to pull it off, floppy sleeves and all ::wub

What are you guys doing? Some of us have freakishly sharp senses and are trying to sleep.

Noticing the group's focus around the Green Screen, she leans in and reads the orders; what she reads makes her brighten considerably.

Recon! Finally a chance for us Scouts to get some action.

Upon noticing Havoc's return, she beams at him.

Hi, sergeant! Julia was a little angel tonight - she ate all her dinner, and then we read a story. I put her to bed a little early, since we were having our 'grown-up' party.

Hi, sergeant! Julia was a little angel tonight - she ate all her dinner, and then we read a story. I put her to bed a little early, since we were having our 'grown-up' party.,,

Jamie raises an eyebrow.

Julia? We got a kid here on the base?

"What sort o' a twisted sicko are ya'? Me, I'm a soldier - & I'd hope that most o' these others here are too. Real soldiers don't go 'round torturing folk - even th' enemy. If ya' th' type who thinks that it's all right & proper t' carve-up on baseline Joes just 'cos ya' can, then we're gonna' have us a problem here. I'm well f'ckin' renowned for m' problem solving abilities if that's th' case..."

Rex notices that poking Havoc's chest is much like poking a titanium wall. He doesn't even bother to cross his arms, he just stares straight into Rex's eyes as the lizard vents on him.

"Do you feel better now?"

Colby steps between the two novas and holds up her hands.

Hey, just so you guys know, we have a rule in this hole: no killing anyone the first night. If you still want to rip each other's guts out tomorrow, that's fine by me.

"Don't worry Sergeant, he's just unhappy that I got them first...I waited for him as long as I could but he was busy trying to be quiet..."

Upon noticing Havoc's return, she beams at him.

Hi, sergeant! Julia was a little angel tonight - she ate all her dinner, and then we read a story. I put her to bed a little early, since we were having our 'grown-up' party.

The giant smiles at the scout

"Thanks Lynn, I just went to see her."

Jamie raises an eyebrow.

"My daughter...and if any of you lay a claw on her, you'll wish I treated you like a Blue by the time I'm through with you!"

Jamie raises an eyebrow.

Kelso, still seated at the monitor station, rolls his eyes in obvious disapproval ::rolleyes

Yes, and we're all delighted that she's here!

Colby smacks the back of his head.

Ow!

Sorry, there was a bug in your hair. ::halo

"Do you feel better now?"

Rex's anger doesn't fade,

"This ain't somethin' that's gonna' go away if it's ignored, & neither am I. Answer the f'ckin' question, gimp: are ya' a soldier or just a twisted sicko?" ::angry

"Don't worry Sergeant, he's just unhappy that I got them first...I waited for him as long as I could but he was busy trying to be quiet..."

"F'ck that you shite - at least I woulda' just killed 'em all real quick-like: not the psycho-crap you pulled!" ::angry

Glancing towards Colby & the others the reptilian man adds,

"So this is th' kinda' hole that condones war crimes then is it? What's next on th' agenda - findin' a few pre-teens to molest? Or do we stop at th' torture part? You're all happy with th' gimp here slowly carvin' f'ckin' sonnets into baseline Joes he's captured, are ya'?" ::angry

"My daughter...and if any of you lay a claw on her, you'll wish I treated you like a Blue by the time I'm through with you!"

"We ain't all twisted like you - although I have t' doubt th' parentin' skills o' a guy who did what you did t' them Joes - & thinks that haulin' a little 'un t' a front-line military facility is a good idea! But if ya' think it's a good idea t' start with th' threats, then maybe you & me oughta' step outside & get this settled - so as not t' wake th' kid, naturally..." ::sly ::angry

Recon! Finally a chance for us Scouts to get some action.

The large blond Cobra smiles at Epstein in greeting.

"We just got our orders, and now she wants action. Yep, she's a scout all right." ::wink ::tongue ::wub

"So this is th' kinda' hole that condones war crimes then is it? What's next on th' agenda - findin' a few pre-teens to molest? Or do we stop at th' torture part? You're all happy with th' gimp here slowly carvin' f'ckin' sonnets into baseline Joes he's captured, are ya'?"

Raphael looks at Havoc with mild distaste, but turns away from the quarreling novas to discuss the actual orders.

Daniels taps a button, and topographical map of Rimrock comes up on the wallscreen behind them.

They've got a Fox APC with Aberrant Detection Electronics - pretty good ADE with a four kilometer range, including straight up.

He indicates the mountainous terrain surrounding the small town.

There is, however, a lot of heavy terrain around Rimrock - it's basically in a valley boxed in by three mountains, and all that rock does reduce the ADE's effectiveness, if you can come in from the right angle. Also that sort of long-range equipment is really good at picking up strong Q-signitures, but weaker ones can usually slip through undetected."

"Well, how much recon do we really need to do, if we know all this about them?"

He gestures at the 3-dimensional map.

"Are we just supposed to look around and make sure they're not upping their defense so we're not walking into anything when we do attack?"

'Recon of Rimrock and environs in preparation for final attack orders' - this sounds like a pretty aggressive recon you're planning. Admittedly we should always be prepared for the worst, but is high-profile the way we want to go? If it is, that's fine, but we need to be sure of our priorities."

Raphael nods.

"I guess you're right. Mike, how about a rain check for that plan, though - it sounds like a good one."

"So this is th' kinda' hole that condones war crimes then is it? What's next on th' agenda - findin' a few pre-teens to molest? Or do we stop at th' torture part? You're all happy with th' gimp here slowly carvin' f'ckin' sonnets into baseline Joes he's captured, are ya'?"

Colby doesn't move from her position between the two novas.

Look, I don't know what happened out there, and I don't have rank on either one of you, so technically there's not much I can do to settle this; I do know that I'm responsible for the well-being of the men and women that serve under me. If there's going to be some kind of blood feud between the two of you, I respectfully ask that you not endanger the lives of my team.

She turns to face Havoc.

Sergeant Major Havoc, I hope that you didn't use excessive or unnecessary force in dealing with any US military personnel; you know as well as I do that the Army has a very long memory, and a lot more guns and farmboys than we do, and that the threat of reprisals is very real.

Colby pivots to address Rex.

Sergeant Special Ops Rex, I understand that you want to rip this man's head off, which he may or may not deserve; I respectfully ask that if you have an issue with his methods that you make a formal complaint with Battalion HQ. Now if you want to wrap said complaint around his severed head and pop it in the t-port, well, that's up to you.

"We ain't all twisted like you - although I have t' doubt th' parentin' skills o' a guy who did what you did t' them Joes - & thinks that haulin' a little 'un t' a front-line military facility is a good idea! But if ya' think it's a good idea t' start with th' threats, then maybe you & me oughta' step outside & get this settled - so as not t' wake th' kid, naturally..."

Kelso purses his lips.

Hmm, sanity from the 'Son of Godzilla' - who'd have thought it?

Colby sighs and runs her hands through her spiky hair.

I'll admit that I'm not exactly thrilled to have a child here, either, not that I have a problem with Julia personally - she stays out of trouble, and Epstein looks after her when her dad's out commiting 'war crimes' ::sly

The fact is, anyone associated with the Greens is in danger at all times - an arguement could be made that she's safer under a mountain than in some gypsy tent village up north that gets shelled twice a week, but that's not an arguement I'm prepared to get in to right now.

"Well, how much recon do we really need to do, if we know all this about them?"

He gestures at the 3-dimensional map.

"Are we just supposed to look around and make sure they're not upping their defense so we're not walking into anything when we do attack?"

Daniels returns from settling in O'Reilly and Smith (OOC: who can return with him to participate in the hijinks if they so choose).

I think a lot of our intel is about a month old, sarge, and we don't have exact numbers on the troops or where they're stationed in the town; for some reason, this whole thing's been kind of handled with kid gloves from the get-go, if you ask me.

The private looks a bit sheepish about the bluntness of his final comment.

"F'ck that you shite - at least I woulda' just killed 'em all real quick-like: not the psycho-crap you pulled!" 

Glancing towards Colby & the others the reptilian man adds,

"All their deaths were as painless as can be expected in wartime. Decapitation and I fed them some of the 20mm they were trying to hit me with. The one in pain is the one that lives...I crushed his hands, he won't be using a gun anytime soon. Do you think he'd rather be dead? They're the ones committing genocide...against us. I couldn't just take him prisoner, they likely have implanted tracers. Don't talk to me about warcrimes! What kind of army lays mines sweetened with Mox...Mines! I'd barely notice the mox yet it could and does kill families, baselines. What kind of army allows the Blues to keep on doing what they do? What do you think they'd do if they captured you? If they had any sense they'd join the Greens. Those that don't had better look out for me, and that's exactly the message I sent back."

"We ain't all twisted like you - although I have t' doubt th' parentin' skills o' a guy who did what you did t' them Joes - & thinks that haulin' a little 'un t' a front-line military facility is a good idea! But if ya' think it's a good idea t' start with th' threats, then maybe you & me oughta' step outside & get this settled - so as not t' wake th' kid, naturally..."

"Julia goes where I go. I think it's better for the Greens to keep their men alive but if you'd like me to show the men how Infantry can whupp a Cobra, fine."

She turns to face Havoc.

Sergeant Major Havoc, I hope that you didn't use excessive or unnecessary force in dealing with any US military personnel; you know as well as I do that the Army has a very long memory, and a lot more guns and farmboys than we do, and that the threat of reprisals is very real.

Colby pivots to address Rex.

Sergeant Special Ops Rex, I understand that you want to rip this man's head off, which he may or may not deserve; I respectfully ask that if you have an issue with his methods that you make a formal complaint with Battalion HQ. Now if you want to wrap said complaint around his severed head and pop it in the t-port, well, that's up to you.

Havoc simply crosses his arms and waits for Rex's response...

Frenchie walks back in the room with a pair of pants on this time. Anyone who looks over sees him pop a couple of bullets in his mouth and start chewing.

"Ju people are zo loud. What is zis assignment zat we have now?" he says sounding rather annoyed by the abundnce of noise. He starts readind and looks over at the two who continue to argue. He straitens up, swollows the chewed bullet and walks to the center of the crowd, a few feet away from the argueing pair.

"Aten-chun!" he bellows in an *extremely* commanding tone. (ill blow a WP on this and burn a QP to activate commanding presence). He starts to pace back and forth in front of the two (who are hopefully at attension).

"Now ju boss listen to me. Ju will bosth calm down *now*. I know zat all of us are new here and we do not know the others motives or procedures, but we best vell get used to them. If you have any complaints, ju best well take zem to the *proper* commanders and not fight it out in ze middle of our new home. I dont want to av to rebuild this place, nor do I want any blues or joes pounding down our door because ju two start a quantum powered brawl in here."

He stops and looks at the father guy (who's name excapes me). "Now...go check on your little one. Dismissed!"(another QP on commanding presence).

(roll it away heritage)

Markus (AKA Lobe) follows Pvt Daniels back into the Command Room with a travel mug full of coffee. He's wearing his camo pants but has removed the jacket, revealing a black t-shirt with the insignia "Bravo Station Med Corps" in the upper-right corner. On the back is a rather graphic picture of an arm with the bone sticking out of the skin and blood oozing out. Under it is the caption "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

As they walk in Markus sees Rex for the first time, and leans over to Pvt Daniels, "Hey man, I'm just a medic, nobody mentioned anything about needin' vet qualifications..."

Frenchie walks back in the room with a pair of pants on this time. Anyone who looks over sees him pop a couple of bullets in his mouth and start chewing.

*Now that's just plain stupid*

Markus takes the nearest seat and sits down, seemingly enjoying the whole situation...

Rex takes a moment to grin at the woman,

"God Colby, I'm sooo hot for you right now..." ::wink

"All their deaths were as painless as can be expected in wartime. Decapitation and I fed them some of the 20mm they were trying to hit me with."

"Painless deaths taking three minutes - Nova Vs baseline? Yeah, right..." ::sarcasm

"The one in pain is the one that lives...I crushed his hands, he won't be using a gun anytime soon."

"Sounds like an admission o'guilt from th' gimp."

"Do you think he'd rather be dead?"

"That's pretty much what he said when I talked t' him, yeah. Ya' wouldn't understand - it's a soldier thing."

"They're the ones committing genocide...against us. I couldn't just take him prisoner, they likely have implanted tracers. Don't talk to me about warcrimes! What kind of army lays mines sweetened with Mox...Mines! I'd barely notice the mox yet it could and does kill families, baselines. What kind of army allows the Blues to keep on doing what they do?"

"Oh, now that's a classic f'ckin' argument if I ever heard one - 'they started it!', 'they do evil stuff so we have to too'. Gimme a break..." ::rolleyes

"What do you think they'd do if they captured you?"

"I can't see it ever happenin' - not that what they do or don't do matters when it comes to how we conduct ourselves."

"If they had any sense they'd join the Greens. Those that don't had better look out for me, and that's exactly the message I sent back."

"Oh yeah - that's gonna' promote th' Green cause ain't it?! Let's prove t' 'em that we're th' murderous, sadistic, monstrous, savage scum they think we are - that'll win votes, hearts & minds & stop th' war, won't it... Are ya' naturally that mucha' a dumbass, or do ya' need t' practice?" ::sly

"Julia goes where I go. I think it's better for the Greens to keep their men alive but if you'd like me to show the men how Infantry can whupp a Cobra, fine."

"Your funeral, gimp-boy. Let's go."

"Aten-chun!"

Not one to take kindly to standing to attention when real officers are concerned, Rex makes the effort [blows the WP] to ignore Frenchie as well ::wink .

"Unless you're secretly an officer I suggest ya' don't get in th' way, Frooge." ::angry

"Now ju boss listen to me. Ju will bosth calm down *now*. I know zat all of us are new here and we do not know the others motives or procedures, but we best vell get used to them. If you have any complaints, ju best well take zem to the *proper* commanders and not fight it out in ze middle of our new home. I dont want to av to rebuild this place, nor do I want any blues or joes pounding down our door because ju two start a quantum powered brawl in here."

"Stuff it, boy - I've already asked th' gimp here t' step outside - wouldn't wanna' mess up th' nice new hole now, would we..." ::sly

Having taken a bit longer to arrive back to C&C, O'Reilly walks in and sees the pile of stuff Rex dumped on the floor and blinks a moment listening to the argument. He clearly shakes his head as he starts picking it all up, "Whoever brought this gear in should have reported it in properly. At least then they could have gotten the proper credit. There's paperwork to be filled out for all this stuff, not to mention keeping track of proper inventory."

Looking over to Kelso as he starts walking towards the Supply Room to deposit the equiptment. When he gets back he turns to Kelso, "How's the head?"

Rex takes a moment to grin at the woman,

"God Colby, I'm sooo hot for you right now..." ::wink

Colby gives him a quick flirtatious look ::wink ::tongue ::biggrin before getting back to the business at hand.

Jesus, this is not good. Let's all-

"Aten-chun!"

Colby, Daniels and Kelso snap to attention, with Kelso spilling hot coffee on his lap as he does so - his face is twisted up in pain as he stands ramrod straight, not daring to scream. After Frenchie finishes giving orders, Kelso grabs his crotch and bellows like a cat in a furnace.

::crazyAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!::crazy

Daniels just stands there shaking his head ::blink, while Colby rushes to Kelso's aid.

Sh!t, are you all right? Goddamn it, Frenchie, would you please not pull that sh!t again?

She reaches under the monitor station and pulls out some paper towels and a small first aid kit, and begins the unenviable task of mopping up Kelso's nether regions. ::sly

Looking over to Kelso as he starts walking towards the Supply Room to deposit the equiptment. When he gets back he turns to Kelso, "How's the head?"

Colby looks up and sighs.

Are we talking 'big head' or 'little head'? 'Cause I think his headache might be gone.

Kelso rips the first aid kit from Colby's hands and storms off; shortly afterwards, he can be heard wailing from the john in the crew quarters.

Goddamn it! What did you do to my piss?!

Colby, Daniels and Kelso snap to attention, with Kelso spilling hot coffee on his lap as he does so - his face is twisted up in pain as he stands ramrod straight, not daring to scream. After Frenchie finishes giving orders, Kelso grabs his crotch and bellows like a cat in a furnace.

Daniels just stands there shaking his head ::blink, while Colby rushes to Kelso's aid.

Sh!t, are you all right? Goddamn it, Frenchie, would you please not pull that sh!t again?

Jamie raises a single eyebrow, the command having simply bounced off the steel that was his mental shield.

Yeah, you wanna cut that out? It ain't big and it certainly ain't clever.

"I guess you're right. Mike, how about a rain check for that plan, though - it sounds like a good one."
Mike responds, "Sure, for now."
"Aten-chun!"

Mike snaps to attention, a few moments after Frenchie finishes giving orders, Mike starts to say something when he is interrupted.

As Kelso storms off Mike starts laughing, ::laugh "And I thought I liked a good joke." ::laugh

Kelso rips the first aid kit from Colby's hands and storms off;

"Well, I was talking about the big head, but it appears his little head has picked up the slack. Perhaps it's just some sort of bad vibe he puts out," Walter says with a straight face.

"And I thought I liked a good joke." ::laugh
...shortly afterwards, he can be heard wailing from the john in the crew quarters.Goddamn it! What did you do to my piss?!

Walter cracks a small grin, then starts laughing heavily with Mike ::smiley1 . He can hardly keep a straight face as he says just loud enough for the people in the room to hear, "I almost feel sorry about it now, but I imagine he's taking a blue leak. I gave him a couple of "special" aspirin when I first got here."

A few minutes later, Walter walks down to the Supply Room whistling softly as he carries the "newly located" gear to it's new home. Then goes through his procedures to properly catalogue and store all the weaponry returned by Rex and Havoc.

"Aten-chun!" he bellows in an *extremely* commanding tone.

The ringing voice of the Frenchman carries such a paternal power that a very small part of Raphael - a part that he didn't know existed - speaks up in his mind with the firm and simple message that he need never think for himself again, that life would be easy if he merely followed the dictates of that familiar, paternal voice. As with all sudden whims, it seems like an apotheosis the like of which he has not seen since his very birth, and as with most such whims, it lasts only an infinitesimal fraction of a second, resonating across his mind without even surfacing to conscious thought, as he snaps to attention. However, his more rational side quickly identifies the source of the command, and the tirade itself, as a mere distraction from the larger issues at hand. Frustrated, he forces himself to focus, and slowly, reluctantly, he turns away to continue studying the map while Frenchie continues. [blowing the WP if necessary.]

"I almost feel sorry about it now, but I imagine he's taking a blue leak. I gave him a couple of "special" aspirin when I first got here."

Ever so calmly, Raphael slowly looks up into space at this. He grabs a pen and begins to write on his hand.

"Note to self.. do.. not.. eat. Got it."

He chuckles slightly, then goes back to looking at the map.

"Okay. I think we should send in a couple of the more stealthy among our number - we Cobras aren't too proud to admit when the job calls for a Scout." He considers adding a rhetorical 'are we?' to the end of it, but realizes that the other Cobras are hardly in a position to pay attention to him, and that it probably wouldn't be all that rhetorical anyway, so he continues.

"Mike can shift for himself, transportation-wise. I can back up the rest of you, just radio in and I'll warp in the cavalry and try to evacuate you."

He looks around at the Scouts present.

"Any ideas on how to gather the necessary information? Arial recon should probably be a last resort, I guess." ::confused

"Painless deaths taking three minutes - Nova Vs baseline? Yeah, right..." 

"There was no need to embarrass them...I gave them a chance to fight back."

"Your funeral, gimp-boy. Let's go."

Havoc nods

He stops and looks at the father guy (who's name excapes me). "Now...go check on your little one. Dismissed!"(another QP on commanding presence).

Havoc stands there for a second before shaking his head and looking down at the little French guy with a stare that'd make any sane person crap their pants

"Excuse me Sergeant?! Dismissed?! Did you forget to notice these? - Havoc points to pips on his shoulders, making him a Sergeant Major - From now on you will address me as 'Sir' or 'Sergeant Major Havoc', got that?! You will remain silent in my presence unless addressed, try another trick like that and I'll slam my fist down your throat and pull you inside out! Do you copy?!"

If the Frenchman answers by anything other than 'Yes, Sir' or 'Yes Sergeant Major Havoc'; Havoc will grab him by the throat and squeeze just enough to cut off whatever he was saying (no more commands from him...) and add: "I said, do you copy?"

Once he gets the affirmative Havoc addresses Rex

"Good, let's go Liz..."

"Excuse me Sergeant?! Dismissed?! Did you forget to notice these? - Havoc points to pips on his shoulders, making him a Sergeant Major - From now on you will address me as 'Sir' or 'Sergeant Major Havoc', got that?! You will remain silent in my presence unless addressed, try another trick like that and I'll slam my fist down your throat and pull you inside out! Do you copy?!"

"Excuse me but when you stop commiting war...Urk!" his neck has some hands around it at this point (as im not sure if my neck would colapse so far, but heritage isent online so ill go with it).

Swiftly his form turns into metal, he becomes heavier and any attempts to lift him up are for naught. The Frenchman grabs onto havocks hands (at the thumbs) and attempts to peel them away...

(ill wait till heritage tells me if I succeed before I go on with anything).

"Excuse me but when you stop commiting war...Urk!" his neck has some hands around it at this point (as im not sure if my neck would colapse so far, but heritage isent online so ill go with it).

Swiftly his form turns into metal, he becomes heavier and any attempts to lift him up are for naught. The Frenchman grabs onto havocks hands (at the thumbs) and attempts to peel them away...

(ill wait till heritage tells me if I succeed before I go on with anything).

Jamie frowns - what had needed to be said had, well... been said. With a gesture of his hands he focuses his telekinetic abilities, trying to force the two apart.

As Havoc chooses to assault the Frenchman there's a brief moment when Rex's dislike for the man wars with the benefits of having Frenchie killed... ::tongue ::wink But only a moment. As Havoc has grabbed Frenchie's neck, Rex's tail whips round to encircle & squeeze Havoc's own neck,

"Whatever happens t' him, happens t' you, gimp." ::sly

OOC: Holy crap! A guy's offline for a few days, and all hell breaks loose! (sound of many dice rolling...)

The iron-clad Frenchie is easily able to remove Havoc's fingers from around his throat. Jamie's telekinesis has no effect on the now super-dense Frenchie, but combined with Rex's tail, the force is strong enough to pull Havoc away from metalic Gaul; however, the reptilian Cobra's squeezing inflicts no real harm on the powerful sergeant major.

Returning from the john to see this battle of titans, Kelso is horrified by what he sees - he runs to the nearest monitor station and activates the Path radio.

Battalion HQ, this is Base X4 - we have a major situation here, a three-way fight between two Cobras and Sergeant Major Havoc! Requesting immediate assistance - send...just send somebody!

Lobe looks genuinely entertained by all of the events going on around him, and when the threat of a duel presents itself, turns to Pvt Daniels, "This ought to be good, you guys got any popcorn around here..."

Daniels doesn't appear to be as amused by the situation as Lobe, possibly because he's a more fragile baseline ::tongue - he can only watch in stunned fascination as the three novas grapple with each other.

By this time, the noise has awoken the entire base - Pvt Mortimer stumbles in scratching his head, a look of mild concern on his face, whereas Pvt Chambers is delighted by what he sees.

Hot damn, we got a fight tonight! Go get 'em, Rex!

Doc Scoville, a big African-American man wrapped in a blanket and a cloud of misery, sags in the doorway, shaking his head. Jubersky pokes his head out from the engine room, sees what's going on, and disappears just as quickly ::biggrin

Sgt. Colby curses and grabs a fire extinguisher from the wall and holds it at the ready. Epstein concentrates, and soon her pajamas are stretched over a much larger body, covered in armored plates and sprouting two wicked-looking spiked tentacles; the monstrous Scout's eyes flick rapidly between the three combatants, watching for their next move.

A small sleepy voice can be heard from the hallway.

Daddy? I couldn't sleep...

Frenchie calmly lets go of Havoks arms as he is dragged away. He gets a look of disgust on his face and starts...knowing full well the little girl is there.

(ooc; your a real party pooper there heritage ::sly )

"Ju know, when I first joined ze greens I joined because we were about unifying everyone. I never sough zat we would allow angry monsteirs such as yourself into our fold, let alone give zem rank. Yes, you are a Seargent Major...but I am SSO Jean-Claud Renee. I am a Cobra, one of zee first (well...I am ze fifth...) of Zee cobra. I am also one of zee early greens. You want to know why I still have zee rank that I have? It ezz because I turned it all down. I am zee same as everyone so I have decided to fight in zee fields like every ozer grunt. And I will not have our integrity brought into question by you! If you have some prior vandetta agenst someone so much that you will torture them, then you need to go join the Blues! Zat is what zey do! If you wish to be a green then you need to not only be professional, but humaine! Zat is all we need is more 'evidence' zat all we are are monsters! Yes...you may have some little pieces of fabric on your shoulder...but that means nossing to me and it shouldent mean anything to *anyone* who belives in the cause! I spit on you and your ill-gotten rank! If you want to truely earn it...stop acting like some Doover who squeeked by becasue he sucked his trainer off while indiscriminatly killing for pleasure!"

He looks over at Rex now, a modest look of apology on his face.

"Now Missour Rex...please forgive me. I can see now that you were provoked. I should not 'av interfeared, and from now on, I weel trust your judgement in character. Zis maggot needs to feel what he gives or he shall never become a good green."

He looks over at the now demonic Epstein. "Could you please take care of ze peche (ooc: im pretty sure that means kid) while this business is concluded? I will accompany to make sure that no one gets seriously hurt."

Havoc crisps for a second and gives a pleading " I-hate-you-you-hate-me-but- Please-let-me-go-now-we-can-do-this-later" look

assuming Rex relaxes his hold...

Frenchie calmly lets go of Havoks arms as he is dragged away. He gets a look of disgust on his face and starts...knowing full well the little girl is there.

"Ju know, when I first joined ze greens I joined because we were about unifying everyone. I never sough zat we would allow angry monsteirs such as yourself into our fold, let alone give zem rank. Yes, you are a Seargent Major...but I am SSO Jean-Claud Renee. I am a Cobra, one of zee first (well...I am ze fifth...) of Zee cobra. I am also one of zee early greens. You want to know why I still have zee rank that I have? It ezz because I turned it all down. I am zee same as...

Havoc loses patience and doesn't wait for the rest of the monologue, he simply walks past him shaking his head and hooking his thumb towards the Frog

"Does he ever shut up? Who found this guy anyway?"

From the hallway Havoc's voice is uncharacteristically soft and loving as it carries to C&C

"Couldn't sleep pumpkin? Come here I'll read you a story..."

Havoc loses patience and doesn't wait for the rest of the monologue, he simply walks past him shaking his head and hooking his thumb towards the Frog

Frenchie considers making hims stay...but thinks better of it considering he was trying to stop a fight in the first place...but does note as Havok is almost out of the door...

"And 'ow would you like it if it were her out there...and someone like you came along and 'let zem live', eh?"

when he gets out the the hall (since he didnt get to finish) he looks over to Rex and says his piece as before...

"Now Missour Rex...please forgive me. I can see now that you were provoked. I should not 'av interfeared, and from now on, I weel trust your judgement in character. Zis maggot needs to feel what he gives or he shall never become a good green."

Then he looks at everyone in the room. "I must apologise for ze outbreak of violence in here. I was trying to calm seengs down. I didnt quite werk zee way I 'oped. But can we get to bizness? We really should get everysing planned while zee...distraction is away. We can file our formal complaints afterwords...and 'opefully get somezing done about Missour Havok."

"I must apologise for ze outbreak of violence in here. I was trying to calm seengs down. I didnt quite werk zee way I 'oped. But can we get to bizness? We really should get everysing planned while zee...distraction is away. We can file our formal complaints afterwords...and 'opefully get somezing done about Missour Havok."

Raphael looks around at the Scouts present.

Rex does indeed release Havoc, as soon as the guy has calmed down. Catching him just before he leaves the room, he whispers (so as to not upset the kid),

"I'll meet ya' outside then, gimp."

It appears to be a statement, not a question.

Rex nods,

"Maybe ya' not as much of a garlic-eatin' surrender-monkey as I first thought. We'll see..." ::sly

"I must apologise for ze outbreak of violence in here. I was trying to calm seengs down. I didnt quite werk zee way I 'oped. But can we get to bizness? We really should get everysing planned while zee...distraction is away. We can file our formal complaints afterwords...and 'opefully get somezing done about Missour Havok."

Rex says nothing about the 'formal complaint' concept... He does (finally) glance at the mission briefing on the screen, then shrugs,

"Looks like a Scout job t' me. Call me when ya' need something killed." ::wink

With that he heads off to (much to everyone's relief) put some trousers on, smoke a stogie, then head on outside to await Havoc... ::devil

(to refresh everyones memory...)

09:16:2056 03:37:36

TO: All Base X4 personnel

SUBJECT: Mission Objectives, re: Rimrock US Army outpost

It has been determined by RAC that the military presence at Rimrock, WA can no longer be tolerated. The reconnaissance troop stationed there poses an ongoing threat to all of our bases in the area. Proceed at earliest opportunity to recon of Rimrock and environs in preparation for final attack orders. Use any and all Base X4 facilities, personnel and supplies in the course of this mission.

Good Luck,

Major Thomas Kendall,

8th Infantry Battalion

GM Regular Army

"Rex ezz quite right." He looks over at Epstein. "Zo...is there anything zat I can do to help in zee mission?"

Archived