Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal

Heritage

“It’s ‘or something’.  I create clones.  So I really do have a man out in the field.

"Clones, huh? Useful trick... And you never actually have to get out of bed in the morning..." ::biggrin

“Hey, Rex and my Clone are out in the field together right now.  I’d guess it won’t be all that long before they come back.  One way or the other, the other Mike shouldn’t be living too much longer and I’d like him to make it back before he moves on."

"Rex is... something of a character.  Think of Godzilla with an attitude.  I don't think anyone anywhere is used to him.”

"Sounds charming. So what kind of folks are you used to around here?"

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X4: Crew Quarters

Mortimer's voice can be heard a few seconds later, sounding a bit muffled.

Yeah, hi, Emma - what, what can I do for ya?

"Uh, yah, Mortimer, I just wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for intruding. I promise I really did mean it when I told yall I wouldn't intrude upon your minds without permission, but I was frustrated and I didn't think before.. well, I'm just sorry. I promise I won't do it again. Its just such an easy way to communicate, sometimes I do it without thinking. It was how I used to.. nevermind, doesn't matter. Just... you know. I maybe a spook, but I'm not an ass. I won't do that again."

Emma stands against the wall, leaning a slim shoulder against it looking a little embarrassed. "Either way, are you sure you don't want to come back and meet the new guy? I mean, we didn't even get to finish the poker game. I was having fun and you seemed to be as well, before my blunder, that is."

*P-diddy? Can you put me in touch with Joyce?*

*Ok, Just gimme a minute...* came the slightly irratated telepathic reply from the path. Since he had gotten it, it seemed to be leeching some 'personality' off of him. Damien reflected on why that would happen, and stopped on the near constant contact he had with the path.

He layed down on his new bed, and closed his eyes as he waited for the reply. He hoped that she would answer soon...who knows when someone may start listening to his private conv...

*Damien? Are you there?*

Damien nods to no one. *Yes, I am Joyce. How are you?* he thought as formally as he could. He had used paths enough to know that you had to play your hand close if you didnt want to give everything away.

*I am doing great now! I have been waiting for you to call!* she mentally chirped. That was one of the things about her that he both enjoyed and was annoyed by. She was an open book, especially when communicating over the path radio's. In thoes two simple sentences, she exposed her eagerness.

*I am ok, though I have been having some trouble here...*

*Not again! I thought you said that you would try harder to get along this time!*

*I am doing what I can. How was your week?"

*Dont change the subject! I am tired of sticking up for you, when I know that you can get along with people quite well. If you just *would* you woulden't have so many problems.*

His ruse didn't work. He could usually change the subject, but that didn't seem to be the case this time.

*But...*

*Damien!* He could almost feel her annoyance over the path.

Damien frowned. She was usually much calmer, happier then this. He must have really pissed her off. She wanted him to be accepted like she was. She didn't want him to keep himself an arms length away from everyone...especially her. That was something he could tell from the way she acted around him.

He didn't know what to think. He was nice® to her, but she was just so...her. He felt some connection to her, but he coulden't tell what it was. He frowned. He took a second to regain his composure so his feelings werent broadcast.

*Ok, ok. I will try harder. Please don't yell.*

*Oh! Sorry! But...anyway...* and she starts to tell him about her week. Damien sat there and listened, mentally nodding to her. He had grown used to this. It was refreshing to hear her, and her problems. Many were so minor, things that he woulden't even have noticed. This person is nice, that one isen't. Her patrol met some baddies and she was forced to hurt one of them. It slowed though, as she ran out of things to say.

*I have to go now. I think I may need to go to a site.* he said, lieing to her so that he woulden't have to make his own side of the conversaion. *I will talk to you later.*

*I have a quick question for you...* He didn't like that. When she had a question for him, it was major as far. Wether he liked her or what-not. He had managed to avoid the questions thus far.

*Sorry, but I have to go!* he thought back. He hated thoes questions...

*Ok then...I will see ya!* she said back with a hint of dissapointment in her thought. Then Damien took his path off and put it back away.

He didnt know why he put up with her. Most other people he would have told to settle down by now...but her...

Things have gotten very complicated since he joined the Green's...and she was one of the reasons for it.

Archived