Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

You suck soooo much for that

Well, that clears up a lot of things - should we post that to the WW forums? ::tongue

"I should probably go to the ends of the tunnels and 'learn' where they are. They sound like good places to be able to find with surety for warps. It might be fun to sneak over to the blues and leave some 'pranks' for them to find, but I'll wait a bit so we can get coordinated."

Just for the purposes of clarity (and I'm all about the clarity ::thumbsup), there really aren't any Blues around for about 150 miles (unless you count spies in Yakima ::ninja). They are pretty much located in the far northeastern corner of the state near Colville, while you are more south-southwestern, just 10 miles east of Mt Rainier Park. Not that this would discourage a warper necessarily, but just so you know.

Remember:

'Blue' = Free World Army = survivialist Michaelites ::crazy

'Green' = you guys = mega-super cool ::cool ::squid

'Gray' = DAD = Directive, American Division (think 'Gestapo') ::ninja

'Joe' or 'Joey' = GI Joe = US Army ::m60

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somehow I'd assumed "Blue" was what was left of the "Red, White, & Blues", i.e. the US. Army.

I figured that's what you were thinking - the origianal version of the campaign had Reds, too (psychopathic psuedo-satanist novas), but then I decided the color abstraction thing had gone too far. The Blues were originally the True Blue Brigade, but then Free World Army somehow seemed cooler (shrug)

Okay, I've decided that Rex is on his own - one of the Mikes can be outside near the end of the 'B' tunnel, but between Rex's head start and Enchanced Movement, I'm going to say he's long gone by the time a Mike gets there. BTW, are Mikes exploring all the tunnels? And are they doing it on foot or by warping?

Are Mikes exploring all the tunnels? And are they doing it on foot or by warping?

I will eventually explore all the tunnels by foot, but right now I'm most interested in the exits/entrances.

For example, say an entrance is found and I want to warp in a pee-wee nuke (powermaxed area bomb) behind the invaders. Right now I can't because I don't *know* where they come out.

And this will probably be by foot.

Let's see who's on the Green Screen. Failing that, maybe I'll try to rustle up a game of darts with someone - with that racket, someone has to be up.

Just curious, but to what 'racket' are you refering? ::confused

And just a note here, guys - try to avoid writing other PCs or NPCs reactions or movements into your posts, unless you've either PMed me or the appropriate player. Freedom of choice and freedom of action are important parts of role-playing, after all. ::thumbsup

Just curious, but to what 'racket' are you refering?

Hmm? Oh, just everyone moving around at the same time. My bad if they haven't been making any noise - I kind of figured thin walls in a semi-Spartan dwelling such as this (by post-Nova age standards, anyway).

Well, there has been a fair amount of movement, but the officer's quarters are a little seperatred from the rest of the base - ah, screw it, I'm sure some noise made it your way ::thumbsup

(Must stop being so nitpicky!)

Can we get an official list of our NPC's?

With pleasure, good sir!

1st Sgt. George Kelso - annoying bureaucrat

Sgt. Marena Colby - grumpy, hung-over battle leader

Spec. Kyle Jubersky - secretive Engineer

Spec. Leonard Scoville - chronically-ill Medic (not actually met by anyone, laid up with stomach flu)

Pvt. LeBeau Chambers - party animal

Pvt. Philip Daniels - solid dude

Pvt. David Mortimer - scrawny wiseacre

SFG Lynn Epstein - shapeshifting Scout

They both powermax and make bombs with area.
[Can we cool it with the mechanics slang IC? Those be gamin' words  ::confused ]

I've never heard IC terms for powermax and/or area. Actually the IC word for "Area" is likely to be "Area".

I used to call "Powermax" a 'stunt' or 'feat', but then I got a PM asking what I was talking about so I stopped.

Do we have IC slang for those two terms?

I know the slang term for quantum is 'juice'.

I've never heard IC terms for powermax and/or area. Actually the IC word for "Area" is likely to be "Area".

I used to call "Powermax" a 'stunt' or 'feat', but then I got a PM asking what I was talking about so I stopped.

Do we have IC slang for those two terms?

I dunno - maybe 'boost', 'supercharge' or 'pump up' for maxing? I could actually imagine people saying 'max', personally ::wink

'Area' is tougher - maybe 'widening the area', 'bigger footprint' or 'bigger slap' or something ::confused

'Supersize'? ::tongue

Reaching the base again, Rex (still naked) walks in, dumps the 'salvage' he collected on the floor, & walks over to Havoc. Punctuating his words by poking the big guy's chest with one clawed finger, the obviously angry Cobra says,

"What sort o' a twisted sicko are ya'? Me, I'm a soldier - & I'd hope that most o' these others here are too. Real soldiers don't go 'round torturing folk - even th' enemy. If ya' th' type who thinks that it's all right & proper t' carve-up on baseline Joes just 'cos ya' can, then we're gonna' have us a problem here. I'm well f'ckin' renowned for m' problem solving abilities if that's th' case..."

Ezekiel, I am so sorry that our little 'Blue/Joe' confusion has led to Havoc coming off as so bloodthirsty (who knows, maybe Rex would still be upset about crazy-@ss Blues being messed with the same way) - are you okay with this? ::unsure

Also my poor skills at judging combat speeds (I forgot that three minutes can be an awful long time in combat) aren't helping, either, though of course Havoc isn't a super-fast death-dealing lizardman, and they might have different fighting styles.

Yeah, admittedly this all came from the 3 minute post but that's okay, I tend to go with the flow for character development...The dichotomy between combat Havoc and family Havoc will be interesting.

Lets just hope Prof doesn't make me kill Rex... ::wink

Yeah, admittedly this all came from the 3 minute post but that's okay, I tend to go with the flow for character development...The dichotomy between combat Havoc and family Havoc will be interesting.

Agreed - it's also sort of a classic attitude, going all the back to Greek mythology.

OOC: Is anyone spending any Willpower? PM me if you are.

I put this up before I rolled (cause I'm a doofus ::tongue), but it appears to have been prophetic, seeing as every person in the room (NPCs included) failed their Willpower rolls! Based on Bahamut's post, I read that the order to attention was directed at everybody, while the following orders were only directed to Rex and Havoc, and the final order to Havoc alone.

(I assume that zeke's guy has gone to check on his daughter since he didnt say he spent a WP)

It's not fair to presume that when the guy hasn't posted since the command was issued. Even with Mega-Socials we don't get to control other players characters, now, do we... ::tongue ::wink

Best to wait to see what Havoc's response actually is.

Did you forget to notice these? - Havoc points to pips on his shoulders, making him a Sergeant Major.

In all fairness, Ezekiel, he probably did, seeing as how you didn't mention them yet - the only clue so far has been Colby's addressing him as Sergeant Major.

Clearly, the whole rank thing was a horrible idea ::laugh. The big problem which I created was the fact that in terms of the Rank background, you all have the same score, 3 dots; however, Infantry has more ranks crammed into it than the others, which makes it hard to figure out who's highest. I will post a modified rank system soon.

Dont worry, im going to mention that I am a Seargent in the *Special Forces* ::wink

As a side note...d oyou mind if I get all the info you have put out for this and put it into one large bundled document for our reference? There is enough here for a mini-suppliment ::confused

Sorry, I've been without a dependable internet link for the past few days - continuing the Bandwidth Wars are!

Dont worry, im going to mention that I am a Seargent in the *Special Forces*

As a side note...d oyou mind if I get all the info you have put out for this and put it into one large bundled document for our reference? There is enough here for a mini-suppliment

Tell me about it! I was planning on putting together some sort of War Journal Sourcebook as soon as I figured out how that sort of thing was done - I have lots more files that you guys have never seen! (heh heh heh ::devil)

So the whole Rank/rank thing - I'm going to do some sort of chart soon, but basically a Master Scout and a Lieutenant are considered to be at the same level, both of which are slightly above Sergeant Major and Sergeant, Special Operations, which in theory are the same, though Infantry might see themselves as being a smidge higher ::tongue

The reptilian man starts to head off, then pauses & glances back,

"And I'm pretty sure I've got th' bigger dick. You've seen it - what do you think?.." ::devil

Holy crap, you're right - Rex was pantless that whole scene! Might have to edit a few posts... ::blush ::laugh

Just wanted to state for the record that a Sergeant Major is apparently always addressed as such - when he first showed up, there was some PMing between myself and ezekiel about whether Havoc was Infantry or Cobra. I was under the impression that he was Cobra, so 'sergeant' it was, since all grades or sergeant (including First Sergeant) are addressed as just 'sergeant'. Turns out, that's does not apply to sergeant majors, who by the way are the highest rank that is not addressed as 'sir'. Once we settled on Infantry, well, it all went to hell, didn't it?

Archived