[OpNet] My Enemies

Avenger

Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger:
Look. I just can't deal with this right now. I wish you would have just brought this to me if you had a problem. For now, my advice is to just avoid what happens here. If you don't see it, it can't hurt you. Unless you had purpose in following this, it shouldn't matter what goes on here, right? I'm sorry I can't be my usual verbose self today. I'm just not feeling up to it.

*shrug* You were the one who made this public, hon. If you hadn't noticed, this was the only one of our current threads that ANYONE had been paying attention to until Hazzard showed back up.

If you'd prefer me to vanish into obscurity, I suppose I can arrange that.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavens no dear lady of lightning! Your absence from our ranks is immidately noticed and your unique and insightful opinions truly missed; at least by myself. I hope that both you and your daughter, Apep, will continue to make your opinions heard here. Until then my lady, I bid you well in all of your endeavours.

-Atwight

I would expect you to agree with Avenger, Ashnod. I expect a lot of people to agree with Avenger. His way is easy and has a finality about it that appeals to the weak minded. In case you hadn't noticed, nearly every court on Earth has removed the death penalty as a punishment. There is no moral question here. What Avenger is doing is morally wrong and appeals to the worst impulses in the human psyche. Don't laud a killer.

In answer to your question Avenger, I have never lost anyone in the manner in which you describe. I know you have demons concerning your past but that is no excuse for what you are doing. Get some help.

Ranger --

So much has already been said. Honestly -- and I've said this before -- there's nothing I can say to convince you that I'm right and you'll never say anything to convince me that you're right. That said, since intellectual discourse has failed, I'm going to be dismissive.

You're a pussy, Ranger. Grow a spine.

-- Avenger

What I mean Wizard is that we all need to make a little sacrifice now and then for that whole greater good thing. Sometimes the destination is far more important than the road traveled on. Some people die and more than one are a little more safe. At least in this particular example.

So what if Avenger murders his way to a rapefree world? He loses some of his humanity that he probably doesn't want anyways, and we are free from some rather nasty inhabitants. Why he choses to convince us of his moral upstanding and the rightness of his actions is beyond me but hey his work is commendable.

What I want to know Avenger is when does it stop? Do you only avenge the physically violated? What about those novas who will pick through your mind, domminate you and remove any sort of free will? Will you avenge their vicims too? Don't feed me any bullshit that it's their node given right to use their abilities as they see fit, it's not, and I've heard it all before.

I think too few of us see the big picture. I'm not claiming that I do, but too many of us think in only linear patterns.

I don't mean to sound bitter. I just am. Sorry if I haven't made much sense. I always get cloudy before I shed.

Jager --

I'm disappointed. I'd have figured that you or at lest someone else would have brought the events of last weekend to the fore by now. Maybe you want to forget about what happened. I'm surprised, though. I'm sure you would have told someone who would be prone to expressing outrage on a forum such as this.

Or are you all just plotting my messy death quietly behind my back? If that's the case, bad form. You should know enough to know that I'd know something was up if you didn't express your outrage.

-- Avenger

Avenger, if I was plotting your death, I would, indeed, not brag about it. I would also kill you as quickly as possible.

Okay... I wish you had given James another chance. I wish that child was still alive. I have wished for a whole bunch of things that didn't come to pass. On the other hand, I have butchered too many people to cast the first stone.

You killed Angel-Teen the second Costas took her over. All we had to do was keep her contained until Prodigy could whip up another containment cell. I seemed obvious to me that Costas was on his last legs. In my opinion, you should have waited on the rest of us to come up with another solution.

Elizabeth was still in Costas/Angel-Teen's mind when you shattered A-T's skull. The backlash is something she may never get over. The deaths of two minds under your psychic and physical assualt...

The nova we recovered will recover, physically, in time. Having Costas inside her mind for nearly a week won't be as easy to heal.

You gave us our shot; Costas broke out of the trap; you killed him before he could find a way out of the barrier. In the process, you killed a girl that had come to you for help. That is something for you to deal with. I will morn her. I don't regret Costas' death, but maybe that's a fault of mine. In the end, he was a nova who needed help as much as he needed to be stopped. In my mind, we all hounded him down and were all a party to his murder.

I don't condemn you. I knew the type of man I was working with. Your a killer, no doubt about it. When the moment came, you killed without hesitation. I just think it would have been better if you had stuck around and helped the rest of us deal with it.

Instead, you ran away...

Avenger,

I hope this isn't what you've been moping around about. So what. You killed her. Exceptable losses. Get over it. I'm sure if were in your situation, I very well may have done the same thing, although I never would have lied to the girl and told her I would protect her. That's what makes you an asshole.

Avenger killed the little girl?

why?

why?

i don't understand, i don't. Avenger is supposed to be the big, strong man. he said he would take care of her, he said he would protect her. he was going to be like a good daddy, not like her bad daddy.

Avenger is a bad daddy. he's bad. he hurt and killed and hurt her. did she cry? are you happy Avenger? are you? maybe someone should hurt you, maybe, youre' bad,bad,bad,bad,mean,evil,evil,mean.

maybe i should make you dance and dance and spin and DIE AND DANCE AND SPIN AND DIE. I WILL MAKE THE RED DANCE AND YOU WILL SPIN AND DIE AND DIE AND DIE.

YOU HURT THE LITTLE GIRL YOU HURT THE LITTLE GIRL YOU HURT THE LITTLE GIRL YOU HURT THE LITTLE GIRL

I WILL KILL YOU I WILL KILL YOU I WILL KILL YOU I WILL KILL YOU

Ripsaw,

This thread, and indeed, this entire Forum, has seen more than enough idle threats. If you actually intended acting upon those words of yours, was it wise to give him warning? Hmm?

This pointless, utterly pointless, testosterone driven banter is rapidly shattering my faith in the One Race. I know this is off the subject, Avenger (nor is this necessarily directed at you), and I apologize for that, but I wish some of us here would stop acting and speaking like comic-book carbon-copies.

Grow up. Act your age, damnit.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
Ashnod, many of our eruptions have been dark and terrible things and some of us can not easily escape the trauma. Perhaps the answer lies with compassion instead of ridicule.

Jager,

What the hell does your reply have to do with my complaint that too many of us are making idle, immature threats to each other? Where in my words do you find me ridiculing someone's trauma (no offense Trauma, wherever you are)?

Ripsaw was obviously cognizant enough and competent enough to follow this thread and comprehend what was happening, and capable enough to sit at the computer, type out a focused response to it, and click on Add Reply. Hardly your standard "scream on instinct" response.

I might also add that you're asking me to be compassionate with someone who has chosen the name Ripsaw as their preferred moniker.

But, since both you and Prodigy have both said I've done nothing but ridicule in my last few postings, perhaps my time here has run its course. I have done no ridiculing Jager, though you may choose to see it as you may. I've merely held up a mirror for you. I'm sorry you don't like what you have seen.

You are correct, Ashnod, in that you aren't ridiculing anyone. The first part of my last statement was me asking you to look into the origins of Ripsaw and try to understand the bridge he must cross if he is to be anything more than a tool for DeVries. Don't you champion the embracing of the Quantum Future and our Nova Destiny, as well as putting our human past behind us. Ripsaw is obviously haunted by the forces that brought about his eruption. Can you help him? Do you even want to help any of us, or do we live or die on our own merits, alone in the wilderness?

The second sentence should have been a question and not a statement. We, as novas, seem all too willing to butcher each other, just like our human forebearers. Are we destined to be nothing more than a group of individuals ruled by the strongest among us who bind us to their morality and philosophy through threat of annihalation?

ashnod, you're mean.

my name isn't Ripsaw, it's patrick. but DeVryes tells me that i need to be Ripsaw if i want to get the good jobs. don't make fun of my name, i didn't make it up, they gave it to me and DeVryes is smarter than you are. they are a big company with lots of good people who work there, you're just a mean terat.

i was mad when i wrote what i wrote. Avenger hurt a poor defenseless small weak little girl. he is a bad bad bad man. i don't like him anymore. i had to tell him that i was going to kill him. my Father taught me to play fair. no sneak up behind and cheat. thats bad. Father would be angry with me when i snuck around so i don't sneak anymore. sneaking is for babies. that is what Father said.

bye now.