Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - CC: Game Mechanics

Alex Green

Even Surreptitious Telepathy can be resisted with Willpower, can't it?

The subject might not be aware of it (so he can't spend willpower or raise any defenses that must be raised), but to the best of my understanding Surreptitious doesn't bypass Willpower or any of the other mental defenses.

I don't have my corebook with me, but apparently there was some 'wiggle room' in the phrasing, the ST was just trying to make a specific ruling to lock things down, and Sir Twinks-a-lot was trying to get past that. It may well be a moot point in any 'normal' campaign, assuming such a creature exists ::wink

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Asbjorn

I'm already working on my post's after the machine. It's much less work, if I wrote my post first in german. After the machine translated it, there is still much work to do.

I didn't get you wrong and I welcome every help.

Edit: Here something you can help me. I don't know how to figure out his height and weight. Andric should be just 1 Meter and 75 centimeter tall and got a weight of 80 kilogram. Yes, I could have wrote that, but if you get me to your system, I would understand your details, too. ::rolleyes

Some of the basics of any RPG...

1. The point is to have fun, not to say mine is bigger than yours.

2. You can't win... you can only progress.

3. If you die, you don't lose... you gain a new opportunity.

4. Others will be inserted here if needed. ::tongue

I advert my eyes from people. You would be suprised how many people just dont look other people in the eyes, especially of the first dosent want to have his eyes looked at.

::offtopic A load of people at a Vampire LARG I played in at uni' (way back when...) refused to look me in the eyes when I talked to them, because my character was a Ventrue (he didn't have any Domination, but they didn't know that... ::wink ). The thing you find is that eye-contact is very important for establishing pecking order & dominance (not the power... ::rolleyes ) in social activities - all those guys just ended up doing what I told them anyway - due to real subconscious human social hardwiring, rather than any kewl Vampire powers. It was a (sorry for the pun) 'real eye-opener' for me, I can tell you. That character was elected Prince of the City in his first session - even though he was a basic character with no more than a few dots of Fortitude, a black suit, & a tendency to look people in the eye when he talked to them... ::blink

That's a pretty good idea actually!

How many of you could describe Terry or Talvin? I know I'm not too sure about the looks of some of your characters either actually...

Btw, I don't have a fetish for double syllable names beginning with the letter "T" or anything. Terry Nathanson comes from looking at my library behind me during Character Creation: Terry Brooks + E.M Nathanson (Dirty Dozen)

Talvin Sawhney comes from going through my music:

Talvin Singh + Nitin Sawhney both of which I recommend wholeheartedly

Oh and Lance Albright is a tech reporter somewhere I think.

Crisis over. For now, anyway.

But next time, let's not move this fast, ok? It was largely my mistake this time, but if we'd (or me, really... ::blush ) waited for a ST update before rambling on, things would have looked differently. Lance might have been a stain on the floor, for example...

But continuity is king, so I'll wipe the floor with him some other time instead.

... Similarly, my new character has Clone...

Is it just me, or does every other Nova in CC seem to have Clone as well as Michael? I guess the old line about 'great minds' & 'fools' applies. It's like the whole 'great Clairsentient migration' over in Holo Lives... ::rolleyes ::laugh

It's like the whole 'great Clairsentient migration' over in Holo Lives...

Yeah, had I know I might have made a doc or legionnaire. I only knew Archer was a clear linguist so I thought that a psychometrist investigator/hunter wouldn't be too "more of the same".

Two is not enough but three is too many...

Archived