Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reporters ... start rushing towards Matt shouting towards him to ask for a "private" interview.
Matt looks at the on coming herd with a deer in headlights expression. He says, "Uh oh." ::unsure

He staggers just a bit and rubs his forhead. Matt looks rather waxy at the moment. Not the litteral kind of "waxy" but the kind you get when you haven't eaten for a while. ::dozingoff

Head pounding, Jimmy can hear the screams above him lessen in their intensity. Shooing Martha ahead of him, he pops out of his freshly-dug tunnel and looks around.

Seeing that the onlookers and reporters are safe for now, Jimmy stares at the massive pool of lava bubbling on the lawn. Shaking and covered with dirt, he pulls himself fully out the hole, then turns to Martha, an odd expression on his face. "Excuse me for a sec.", he says, then calmly leans his head over the tunnel entrance and vomits noisily.

Seeing that the onlookers and reporters are safe for now, Jimmy stares at the massive pool of lava bubbling on the lawn. Shaking and covered with dirt, he pulls himself fully out the hole, then turns to Martha, an odd expression on his face. "Excuse me for a sec.", he says, then calmly leans his head over the tunnel entrance and vomits noisily.

Martha stands and dusts herself off with her Stetson; when Jimmy starts to toss his cookies, she turns away and winces.

Thanks for sharin'. S'alright - g'won, get it all out. Aw man, now I'll never eat bacon again!

Suddenly she shoots a horrified look back to the burning house.

Jesus H. Christ, all my sh*t's in there!

She tears back across the lawn to retreive her guitar and duffle bag from inside, before the whole place goes up.

Back in a jiff!

Seeing nobody to blame for the destruction, Dog looks at his lawn in astonishment for a few seconds, then turns and jogs inside.

Urging anyone still in the house to leave, he picks up his wallet, credit cards and cellphone, makes sure his assistant is out of the building and walks back outside while calling the fire department.

Coming out of the house a little while later he's in the middle of another phonecall.

"...I don't care about precedents. You're my lawyer, and I'm tellin' you that the insurance company is gonna sh!t bricks over this. Just make sure I get my money and don't let them weasel out of it."

He stops out on his lawn again as he hangs up. Seeing Jimmy hopefully feeling better than before, he walks over to him.

"Say, Jimmy, was it? There's a pool just round the corner. Do you think you can dig a ditch like that over there? To lead this stuff away from people? Not to mention my god damn lawn..."

After the shower Andric opened the window (if it still was there and closed) and jumped outside. The grey shades were still moving around him.

Outside the building, he stopped and looked around. Are the world supposed to blow of? What a mess. But where was this Lava-guy?

Slowly he stepped away from the house. This human diamond should have thought about what happens, if you get a room full of good supergirls’n boys. Right. The bad girls’n guys would show up. As it happened.

Jimmy's sitting on the grass, wiping his lips with the back of his hand and muttering to himself. "Ugh. Now I know superpowers still don't prevent barfing. Some hero I am."

As Diamond Dog approaches, Jimmy looks up.

"Say, Jimmy, was it? There's a pool just round the corner. Do you think you can dig a ditch like that over there? To lead this stuff away from people? Not to mention my god damn lawn..."

An unhappy expression on his face, he shrugs. "Yeah, I guess so. Let me see what I can do." Standing up, he cautiously walks towards the pool of lava, stopping a few feet away and gauging how hot it is. He looks back at the boxer. "Gimme a sec to see how close I can get to it. Don't wanna take a bath in the stuff."

"Somebody said something about lava falling from the sky. I'm afraid the others are reacting little hastily myself... By the way, I'm David," he extends his hand, seeming less worried about hurrying outside than the others.

Still standing just outside the doorway (having never made it into the house), Michael shakes David's hand on reflex, but still looks bemused as he replies,

"Michael Warlock, pleased to meet..."

The winged man sniffs the air...

... The smells of sulpher fills the air...

... then wrinkles his nose,

"Oh jeez - I was kidding about the fart - did someone really..."

... the green blades of grass quickly brown and then turn black as what looks to be a flaming rock hits the lawn....

Michael incredulously stares at the rain of fire ::blink ,

"Is anyone else having flashbacks to the opening sequence of the Flash Gorden movie?"

... A quick scan of the sky reveals just one more massive “drop” of this deadly “rain” that is falling rapidly towards where the majority of the vehicles are parked...

::blink

"Hey! Look out!", shouts Michael at the crowd, pointing to the globule of destruction (as if anyone hasn't seen it by now).

"What the...Help them!"

The thought, *How the Hell am I supposed to do that?*, passes through Michael's mind, but he finds himself sprinting towards the crowd anyway - despite his best judgement. An awful feeling of violation passes through him - a realisation that Lance just forced him to act - not at all like the voluntary exchange of trust, power, & responsibility that passes between submissive & Dominant in the 'scene'; rather - it was more akin to an act of bullying, or rape. Still - unable to resist the urge to do what Lance said, the winged man heads towards the crowd...

... Flying as quickly as possible to the crowd, Jimmy zips around them in a circle, flying low to the ground and scribing a deep furrow into the earth with his badger-clawed hands...

"Holy crap! That guy's cutting off their escape!", Michael exclaims out loud. Not having much idea of what else he could do to 'help' the crowd, he dives towards Jimmy - outstretched wings turning the leap into a long, low, gliding swoop...

... Just as Martha gets to Jimmy just as the molten rock touches the earth forming the loop, instead of breaking into thousands of pieces it rolls with the curve of the wall superheating it and taking the wall down with it. The lava and rolls around the loop and settles onto a part of Dawg’s lawn, even as Dawg looks upwards into the sky swearing at the top of his lungs...

The threat already averted, & the force of Lance's command fading, Michael shifts in the air, pulling up short of his target, & landing instead.

... Reporters, who still are able, start rushing towards Matt shouting towards him to ask for a "private" interview...

The winged Nova looks between the reporters, Matt, & where the lava has settled on the lawn, thinking, *Wow - did that guy do that? Is that electricity he's standing on - that's just not possible, is it? And how are all those other guys flying without wings?*.

... Matt looks at the on coming herd with a deer in headlights expression. He says, "Uh oh."...

Michael starts to move towards Matt & the reporters, then pauses, & looks back towards Jimmy. The thought goes through his mind, *Was that guy trying to get those people killed? He doesn't look like the sort - well, at least not now, but still...*. Then, with a sudder, he recalls how Lance assaulted him...

Standing still for a moment, Warlock concentrates - so many things going on at once...

... Two plumes of green-black fire suddenly flare up next to the winged man. They rapidly fade away, revealing not one, but three identical winged men. Glancing between his two 'others' Mike taps his finger against the side of his temple. The others nod - their thoughts linking with the 'original', just as their 'brother' back at the apartment did. With a pause to silently brief his 'others', the Michaels each head off in seperate directions...

Michael leaps over between the reporters & Matt, wings carrying him over the (now much smaller) crowd. Landing, he stretches his wings their full span, his back to the reporters, his posture & mannerisms geared towards making them think it'd be a bad idea to force their way past. Looking over to Matt he says,

"That was pretty amazing, friend - you saved all these people - you're a hero! Are you up to talking to the press, or would you like me to handle them?" ::wink

Meanwhile... Michael walks over to Jimmy, Martha, & Dog. His initial anger at what he saw as Jimmy trying to pen the innocent bystanders in turns to confusion, so instead of being confrontational, he asks,

"What were you trying to do, kid? Those people were trying to run." ::confused

Meanwhile... Michael leaps over to Lance, lands squarely in front of him, & punches the little snot as hard as he can! ::angry

Andric stared at this winged demon. He thought about the connection of lava, hell and, of course: demons. Slowly he walked to the little group around DD. Still the grey shades sorounded him. He didn’t forget about the sky and other potential threats.

He stopped as he saw another winged demon, looking the same way as the first. This demon was standing near the crowd. Was this a attack of Luzifer and his legions? (Nothing seemed to be impossible in this days)

Andric’s eyebrows raised, as he noticed a third demon. And this demon attacked one of the superboys.

Things seemed to getting funny.

Michael leaps over between the reporters & Matt, wings carrying him over the (now much smaller) crowd. Landing, he stretches his wings their full span, his back to the reporters, his posture & mannerisms geared towards making them think it'd be a bad idea to force their way past. Looking over to Matt he says,

"That was pretty amazing, friend - you saved all these people - you're a hero! Are you up to talking to the press, or would you like me to handle them?" ::wink

Matt says, "Please. I think you'd better." Matt comes to a rest on the ground and the "bolt" disappears, then he just sits down on the ground. "I think I'm on my last legs here."

Martha charges back and skids to a stop next to Dog, her duffle bag and guitar now safe.

Meanwhile... Michael walks over to Jimmy, Martha, & Dog. His initial anger at what he saw as Jimmy trying to pen the innocent bystanders in turns to confusion, so instead of being confrontational, he asks,

"What were you trying to do, kid? Those people were trying to run."

I think the plan was to pick 'em all up from underneath and move 'em, but then that whole hands thing happened, and we was just redundant.

She looks around at all the devestation and shakes her head.

We're gonna have to start calling stuff; y'know, like in volleyball? 'I got these people!' 'Need a lil' help here!' Stuff like that.

She sizes up Michael and nods her head appreciatively.

The winged demon thing is wicked cool, by the way - those other demons like your baby brothers or somethin'?

She reaches out to give him a firm handshake.

Martha Cross, the Wicked Witch of West Texas. "A friend of the devil is a friend of mine".

"What were you trying to do, kid? Those people were trying to run."

Jimmy, busy concentrating on trying to see how close he can get to the lava without burning himself, turns quickly around to retort. Seeing the bat-winged Michael, he throws up his hands defensively, the man seems incredibly close. "Gah!"he yells, and takes a step back, his foot going right into the pool of lava behind him!

Feeling the rush of heat surrounding his foot, Jimmy's eyes go wide as saucers as he whips his head down to look. Seeing the smoke rising from his scorched pantleg, Jimmy panics(again ::rolleyes), and tries to leap out of the bubbling magma. Unfortunately for Jimmy, in his haste his other foot slips on the grass, causing him to lose his balance, pitching his body backwards towards the lava!

Dog blinks a few times at seeing several winged creatures walking around. Rubbing his eyes and shaking his head he glances over at Martha as she shakes hands with Michael. Then he offers his own to the newcommer, trying to pretend this is still just a normal day.

"Hi, I'm..."

Unfortunately for Jimmy, in his haste his other foot slips on the grass, causing him to lose his balance, pitching his body backwards towards the lava!

Seeing that Jimmy's about to go swimming, Dog hurriedly reaches for him to pull him out of harm's way. Grabbing Jimmy by the belt with his left hand he snatches him back and sets him down on the grass, hopefully without stepping in the lava, then offers his hand to Michael again.

"Diamond Dog. Welcome to what's left of my humble abode."

"You ok, Jim?"

"You ok, Jim?"

Busy shaking his foot around to get the last bits of lava off, Jimmy finally stops and fearfully looks at his foot. To his amazement, other than the fact that his shoe, sock, and part of his pantleg have been disintegrated, his foot seems fine. Wiggling his toes with a grin, he looks up at Diamond Dog. "Yeah! I'm totally ok. The lava didn't even hurt me! Cool!"

Bounding to his feet, Jimmy throws a few mock punches at Diamond Dog. "C'mon, sock me one! I want to see if it hurts!"

Dog gives Jimmy a disbelieving look. ::blink

"You sure about that? I mean... I don't wanna kill you or anything..."

Looking at the pool of lava, Dog realizes that it probably takes a lot more to hurt Jimmy than it looks like.

"Ok. You asked for it. But I'm not gonna give it all I've got. Ready?" ::sly

A fraction of a second after Jimmy confirms, Dog throws a fast punch that would shatter stone to his stomach.

Jimmy nods his assent, a goofy grin on his face. "Ready!"

The punch connects, and Jimmy's breath is expelled from his body as his lungs collapse under the force of Diamond Dog's half-strength punch. Exhaling for what seems forever, Jimmy tries desperately to suck in some air but fails miserably. His goofy grin gone, Jimmy's eyes roll backwards in his head and he collapses to the ground unconcious.

Matt says, "Please. I think you'd better." Matt comes to a rest on the ground and the "bolt" disappears, then he just sits down on the ground. "I think I'm on my last legs here."

A look of concern passes over Michael's face, & he momentarily wonders whether the guy means he's about to die, or just that he's tired. Since there's not a lot he could do about it in either case, he instead turns to the reporters, wings still spread to offer Matt something of a shield from their attentions, & announces,

"Okay people - the guy just saved all of you, but now he needs a while to get his breath back. I know you'll respect his wishes & back off to a safe distance - because none of you wants to annoy all of us & end up never getting any interviews from any of us, right?" ::wink

Elsewhere...

I think the plan was to pick 'em all up from underneath and move 'em, but then that whole hands thing happened, and we was just redundant.

"I'm no physics buff, but surely that sort of stuff only works in the comics..."

The winged man glances around at the various strange superpowered people & the general devastation ::lookaround ,

"... oh... right."

We're gonna have to start calling stuff; y'know, like in volleyball? 'I got these people!' 'Need a lil' help here!' Stuff like that.

"What... like a team or something?.."

The winged demon thing is wicked cool, by the way - those other demons like your baby brothers or somethin'?

Back on slightly more familiar ground, Mike takes Martha's hand, holding it for a little longer than is absolutlely necessary, & takes a moment to really look her over for the first time, his all-green eyes casting over her athletic body, & a hint of a smile playing at the corner of his mouth,

"My 'others'? I'm not exactly sure - they... we... we're 'me' I guess. It's a bit hard to explain, but seems pretty simple in practice."

He shrugs,

"Anyway, thank's for the complement - you're a fine looking one yourself, Miss?.."

Martha Cross, the Wicked Witch of West Texas. "A friend of the devil is a friend of mine".

Michael laughs ::laugh ,

"Michael Warlock, very pleased to meet you, Martha - the 'wicked' ones are always the most interesting..." ::devil

"Hi, I'm..."

Michael turns towards Dog, but is just as startled as Jimmy when the clawed kid yells at him - the winged man leaps back a pace, failing to spot Jim heading for the lava until it's too late! ::shocked

Seeing the crisis averted by Dog's quick reactions (& Jimmy's invulnerability), the winged man quickly composes himself, & shakes the boxer's hand...

"Diamond Dog. Welcome to what's left of my humble abode."

"Thanks..."

Mike again glances around him,

"... I think..." ::lookaround

As Jimmy & Dog prepare to 'test' Jimmy's resilience, Mike moves closer to Martha, & gives her a side-glance, rolling his eyes at the antics of the 'boys'. ::rolleyes

Standing a little beside the group of DD, Andric was no longer surrounded by grey shades and his eyes were normal again. He crossed his hands on the back and watched the group and the happenings silently.

Okay, it was no attack of Luzifer. But what has happened? And where were the others? He thought about it, but it didn’t seemed to make sense at all.

Was this event some kind of training camp? Diamond Dog should not have used his house, if he had planned this news headline. As he watched Diamond and his finishing move, he thought: This little tumor in the brain seemed to drove the others mad. (He ignored the possibility that he was the mad one ::devil )

„Warlock?“ Andric looked at the hand of this winged man and then back up to his face. For a moment, it seemed to be more possible, that he would turned away and ignored the winged guy. But in the end he shaked the hand, but was not smiling.

„You are going to war?“ Everyone could hear his foreign accent (and that it was cynical). „Call me ‚Meister‘. I don’t have any need for a normal name anymore.“

(Funny – I thought about giving him another Codename after I realize, that ‚Meister‘ should be better Michael’s name ::blink )

„You are going to war?“ Everyone could hear his foreign accent (and that it was cynical). „Call me ‚Meister‘. I don’t have any need for a normal name anymore.“

Michael looks the man up & down, then lets a slight smile turn the corner of his mouth,

"No. I don't think I'll be calling you 'master' in any language..." ::sly

The winged man shakes his head & turns his attentions back to Martha.

"What... like a team or something?.."

Martha scratches her nose and squints.

Well, it's an idea - 'course, we've seen some truly amazing teamwork today, especially in the 'co-operative killing each other' category. I think that's sorta where our strengths lie.

"Michael Warlock, very pleased to meet you, Martha - the 'wicked' ones are always the most interesting..." 

O-kay.

Got yerself a firm handshake there, Mike, and they say that's a sign of true character; 'course, sometimes they're wrong, and everyone lives to regret it. We'll just have to see where you end up, I guess.

As Jimmy & Dog prepare to 'test' Jimmy's resilience, Mike moves closer to Martha, & gives her a side-glance, rolling his eyes at the antics of the 'boys'.

Martha still wasn't sure what to make of Warlock. On the one hand, he was damned funny, for which she always gave high marks; but on the other, there was an intensity to him that was both thrilling and just plain creepy, the vibe of a man who gets what he wants when he wants it, and makes it seem like your idea.

True, he was no Lance (thank God!), but there was danger here nonetheless; she'd had her share of 'bad boys' in the past, but Michael Warlock was an entirely different animal, and probably was long before he changed. He was good at being bad, and he knew it.

At last, Martha turned to him.

Mike, I'm gonna be straight with you: I like you, at least I think I do, but you scare the sh*t outta me. Now that don't mean we can't be friends - hell, I got lotsa scary friends-

Jimmy nods his assent, a goofy grin on his face. "Ready!"

The punch connects, and Jimmy's breath is expelled from his body as his lungs collapse under the force of Diamond Dog's half-strength punch. Exhaling for what seems forever, Jimmy tries desperately to suck in some air but fails miserably. His goofy grin gone, Jimmy's eyes roll backwards in his head and he collapses to the ground unconcious.

Martha nods.

That's interestin'. I got lotsa scary friends, but most of them are locked up, so I don't really see 'em on a day-to-day basis, y'know? I don't know what's gonna happen here after today - hell, someday we might end up trying to kill each other on top of the Empire State Building. But if we're gonna hang out at all-

Suddenly she stops and rubs her face.

I had a point here - man, don't you hate it when ya lose a train a' thought?

She looks back to Michael and simply shrugs.

I guess we'll just have to settle on the 'like you but you're scary' thing for now; maybe it'll come back later.

Martha turns and points at Jimmy.

That boy gonna be alright?

"I told you..." ::rolleyes

Dog shakes his head as he watches Jimmy stop breathing.

That boy gonna be alright?

"Yeah, he'll be fine. Looks like I just knocked the wind out of him."

Dog kneels down next to Jimmy and places him out of the way of the lava, arranging his body so he can breathe unhindered when he just relaxes.

"You should thank me, Jimbo. Now you know you ain't immortal..." ::wink

Standing up he glances at his watch. "Now what the hell is keeping the fire department?"

A sigh escapes Dog's lips as he looks around at the mayhem all around them. As he turns to face Martha and Michael again he says

"This here's just too much, you know? I mean there's all sorts of weird people showing up, the whole party breaking up before it even started, lava raining from the sky, three of you walking around, my house on fire, my lawyer saying my insurance doesn't cover lava-rain, and no sign of the god damn fire department. Not to mention the lava on my lawn. Did I mention the lava?"

Stopping his rambling for a few seconds, he looks up at the sky again.

"Now what the hell was that? A freak weather accident? Some volcano nearby that decided to dump its sh!t here? Some messed up super-villain? What? To tell you the truth I kinda hope there's someone responsible. And that that someone has a house I can tear down." ::angry

"Now what the hell was that? A freak weather accident? Some volcano nearby that decided to dump its sh!t here? Some messed up super-villain? What? To tell you the truth I kinda hope there's someone responsible. And that that someone has a house I can tear down."

Martha nods in agreement as she checks her guitar for damage.

I hear what you're saying - kinda makes you think about the whole 'Fortress of Solitude' concept in a new light, don't it?

Martha starts to tune her guitar; out of the corner of her eye, she sees Bill standing off to the side with his wife, looking none to thrilled with the current situation. Noting his deneanor, she sidles up to Dog and indicates Bill with a nod.

I know I don't have any right to tell ya how to behave on your own property - or whats left of it, anyways - but you might think about havin' a word with ol' Bill over there. Things got kinda tense inside before the lava hit, and ya - well, ya mighta said some things in anger that ya might regret later, know what I mean?

She shrugs sympathetically.

I'm just sayin'.

[This is assuming Gabriel and Eddie find nothing up in the sky.]

Feeling the wind whistle past his hair is easily the most incredible thing Eddie has ever felt, and it's so easy to picture himself as a single small, black speck in an infinite blue sky that he almost doesn't notice that the lava has stopped.

Even so, the only thing in the world that draw him on the path he pursues, a shallow spiral earthwards that gradually sharpens into a dive, is the thought of Virginia back on the ground.

Shortly, he rejoins the rest of the group, landing smoothly near Virginia and asking if she's alright.

(Those who flew off)

Gabriel nearly escapes Eddie's view as he flies over across Los Angeles. Determinedly Eddie follows along and lands a few moments after Gabriel in an empty parking lot. Gabriel starts sniffing into the air, but only gets a frustrated look on his face.

(Back at the Mansion)

Cid hunts around looking for tracks, quickly coming to the determination that any good tracks would have been trampled over by the crowd when they were fleeing. Police start tending to the injured, even as Michael's clones leap into action. Blocking off the reporters, who back down immediately upon his harsh words. However, the version of Michael that tries to strike Lance finds the man a little harder to hit. Not even retaliating, Lance rushes towards some cars where a police officer is standing.

After Jimmy's little accident, near fall, and subsequant KO'ing the sounds of sirens fill the air. In the distance, the firetrucks can be seen rushing towards the scene with a few ambulences in tow. Once they arrive, the firemen look at the yard and house curiously, before aiming thier hoses at the lava on the yard. The paramedics tend to the injured people (including Jimmy, who's starting to come to).

Cid walks back to the group around DD.

"Beh...I couldent find any evidence of where he might be...too many other tracks to try and follow. Ah, well. Anyway... Should we set up a support group for battered freaks now or something? "

Cid sighs a little, then shakes his head. Then looks at DD.

"So? What now, Mr. Leaderman?"

After Jimmy's little accident, near fall, and subsequant KO'ing the sounds of sirens fill the air. In the distance, the firetrucks can be seen rushing towards the scene with a few ambulences in tow. Once they arrive, the firemen look at the yard and house curiously, before aiming thier hoses at the lava on the yard. The paramedics tend to the injured people (including Jimmy, who's starting to come to).

Dog gets everybody out of the firefighters' way, moving over to a part of the property that's relatively unharmed by lava, fire and onlookers, and far away from the inevitable gigantic steam cloud that's bound to result from water meeting lava.

I know I don't have any right to tell ya how to behave on your own property - or whats left of it, anyways - but you might think about havin' a word with ol' Bill over there. Things got kinda tense inside before the lava hit, and ya - well, ya mighta said some things in anger that ya might regret later, know what I mean?

Dog gets a mock astonsihed look on his face

"You mean he don't like bein' called racist? ::sarcasm Maybe he feels the same way about that as I do about bein' called stupid." ::sly

"Besides: A gym teacher should know better than to insult someone who's obviously on an adrenaline high. But I don't bear no grudges. He said he was sorry, and that's cool."

"Beh...I couldent find any evidence of where he might be...too many other tracks to try and follow. Ah, well. Anyway... Should we set up a support group for battered freaks now or something? "

"What are you talking about? You tried to follow who?" ::confused

"So? What now, Mr. Leaderman?"

"Leader of what, man? I mean, y'all are talkin' about teamwork and leadership, but we ain't even talked about what we want. Hell, I don't even like some of the people who showed up here today, and Bill - who's probably not a racist - ain't one of them."

"Personally, right now I wanna rip someone's head off, but that ain't cause of my moral code or a desire to catch the villain, know what I'm sayin'? I want to find the motherf*cker who did this and beat the crap out of him. Only I ain't got a clue how to find him, her or whatever the hell it is."

"Leader of what, man? I mean, y'all are talkin' about teamwork and leadership, but we ain't even talked about what we want. Hell, I don't even like some of the people who showed up here today, and Bill - who's probably not a racist - ain't one of them."

Sitting on the ground cross-legged, Martha nods as she idly strums her guitar.

I'll tell ya one thing - I'm not givin' out my address any time soon.

You're right, though - we all need to talk about what it is we want. This ain't the Superfriends on Cartoon Network; this is real life, and as weird as we thought our lives have become, obviously they just got a whole lot weirder. Someone or something likes to drop hot lava on us when we get together, and as much as I like gettin' attention, that ain't exactly the kind I'm lookin' for.

"Personally, right now I wanna rip someone's head off, but that ain't cause of my moral code or a desire to catch the villain, know what I'm sayin'? I want to find the motherf*cker who did this and beat the crap out of him. Only I ain't got a clue how to find him, her or whatever the hell it is."

Martha shrugs, then looks over towards the various fire and rescue people dealing with the current crisis?

We start with the cops? Ask 'em if they saw anyone suspicious just before the lava hit? The FAA, the Air Force - hell, maybe even the Weather Channel, seein' as the lava fell from the sky? Or does anyone know anyone who'd wanna waste any or all of us for any reason?

She sets her guitar down, and peers intently at the vehicles scattered all over Dog's property.

And while I'm askin' all these questions, anyone see a red Chevy pick-up with Colorado plates? Possibly on fire?

Dog gets everybody out of the firefighters' way, moving over to a part of the property that's relatively unharmed by lava, fire and onlookers, and far away from the inevitable gigantic steam cloud that's bound to result from water meeting lava.

Matt lets himself be herded to a different part of the lawn.

As he walks he thinks of something, and he glances at the lava and tries to see what it is made up of.

OOC: Edited to try to detect what the lava is made up of using Molec Control. Is it pure iron? Rock? Something else?

"We probably wont be able to find anything around here. Like I said...I went and looked around for possible tracks a guy who can toss lava would have made...Didnt find nothing."

Cid shrugs.

"Personally...Im more interested in why someone would do this. Ill stay till I at least find that out."

We start with the cops? Ask 'em if they saw anyone suspicious just before the lava hit? The FAA, the Air Force - hell, maybe even the Weather Channel, seein' as the lava fell from the sky? Or does anyone know anyone who'd wanna waste any or all of us for any reason?

"Good idea...but I dought we would be told anything even if they did know. I mean...would you tell superman who killed lois lane? Good chanse of him going on the rampage to kill the offender and anything else in his way. Collateral damage is not something police like ::sly . Some of you had...radio listening powers, right? Why not tap into police radios and see what they are saying?"

"You mean he don't like bein' called racist?  Maybe he feels the same way about that as I do about bein' called stupid."

"Besides: A gym teacher should know better than to insult someone who's obviously on an adrenaline high. But I don't bear no grudges. He said he was sorry, and that's cool."

Bill looks extremely angry at this. Shirley tries to calm him down, but bIll shrugs her off.

He stomps over to DD. ::angry

"Alright, dog, let's get this straight.

"First off, I did NOT apologise, for anything I've said this evening.

"Second of all, I didn't call anyone stupid. Shooting yourself in the chest was completely moronic. These new abilities we have could just vanish any second for all you know, and you could have blown yourself away.

"And finally, I'll not be intimidated by the likes o' you over this. People who should 'racist' or 'nazi' or 'communist' any kind of slur to intimidate people into silence, just for criticism. This great country o' ours was BUILT on freedom of expression, and I ain't about to be shamed into silence for something I didn't say, or for something I damn well didn't imply."

Bill draws a breath, and sqaures up to DD (still keeping a fair distance, he's not attempting to crowd DD, or anything of that sort).

"Now, if you want to have it out with me, or take a swing, you go right ahead."

Bill's face darkens.

"But you better damn well put me out, boxer, 'cause I can give as good as I take."

"Alright, dog, let's get this straight.

"First off, I did NOT apologise, for anything I've said this evening.

"Second of all, I didn't call anyone stupid. Shooting yourself in the chest was completely moronic. These new abilities we have could just vanish any second for all you know, and you could have blown yourself away.

"And finally, I'll not be intimidated by the likes o' you over this. People who should 'racist' or 'nazi' or 'communist' any kind of slur to intimidate people into silence, just for criticism. This great country o' ours was BUILT on freedom of expression, and I ain't about to be shamed into silence for something I didn't say, or for something I damn well didn't imply."

Bill draws a breath, and sqaures up to DD (still keeping a fair distance, he's not attempting to crowd DD, or anything of that sort).

"Now, if you want to have it out with me, or take a swing, you go right ahead."

Bill's face darkens.

"But you better damn well put me out, boxer, 'cause I can give as good as I take."

Dog squarely faces the angry man as he listens patiently to his tirade. When Bill's done he takes a deep breath and says

"Finished? Ok, my turn..."

"You did say you were sorry, and I'm even giving you credit for it. Just after you called me stupid you apologized for your outburst. Now, if you wanna take that back, that's fine by me."

"Now, about calling me stupid... You're contradicting yourself, man. Listen to what you're saying. First you say you never called me stupid, or even implied it, then you say - and I quote - that shooting yourself in the chest is completely moronic. Ok, so you're calling me a moron in stead. Not that much of a difference, is it?"

Stopping to find the right words for a moment, Dog shrugs.

"Look, man. The point is that you insulted me. You're just as prejudiced as you accuse me of being. You don't know I didn't try other tests before taking a bullet to the chest. You don't know that I didn't have medical experts standing by in case it went wrong. Hell, you don't even know if I did it myself! I could have gotten shot in the street for all you know. You just assumed that I was stupid enough to do something like that off the top of my head and without taking precautions. Wether you got that idea from me being black, taller than you, richer than you or because I happen to wear an earring is of minor f*ckin' importance. The important thing is that you jumped to conclusions and shot your mouth of at an extremely bad moment. Then I snap back. You don't like being called a racist, I can understand that. I don't like it either. No more than I like being called stupid."

Looking Bill up and down - almost as if judging the threat - Dog shakes his head slightly before he concludes

"I don't wanna fight you, man. There you go jumping to conclusions again. Just because I make a living beating people up doesn't mean I think that's the best and only way of settling something. Beating you up over this would be even more moronic than you accuse me of being, don't you agree?"

"Guys...we need to find out what happened then either take the guy in...or whatever. If someone dosent want to...then leave. Its that simple. Now...any other ideas then Martha's?"

"Maybe I can help with finding stuff."

A pained expression on his face, Jimmy stands up, hands on his stomach.

"I think I'm getting the hang of the radio stations...I'm trying to pick up the police band, but it's hard to filter through all the emergency channels."

"I think I'm getting the hang of the radio stations...I'm trying to pick up the police band, but it's hard to filter through all the emergency channels."

Cid nods. "Just do your best. Im sure you'll do it."

He looks at DD. "Mr. Dog. could you have your assistant do some research in the news for us about people who have developed a power like that? It may shed some light on the subject."

Cid sighs just realising this... " If she doesnt find anything...dont worry too much about it...this may just be another person just finding out about thier powers or just getting them. It would be best to look anyway."

A pained expression on his face, Jimmy stands up, hands on his stomach.

Still not taking his eyes off Bill for more than a second at a time, Dog glances over at Jimmy.

"Sounds like a good idea, Jimbo. Go for it. How are you feeling, by the way?"

He looks at DD. "Mr. Dog. could you have your assistant do some research in the news for us about people who have developed a power like that? It may shed some light on the subject."

Dog looks doubtful for a moment, then shakes his head.

"Er... no. I could say a lot of good things about Dani, but investigating is not one of her strengths. Unless it's got something to do with moviestars or designers..."

"I could always hire an investigator, of course... But I kinda doubt we'd find anybody good enough and willing to take the job."

Archived