Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

Still a bit panicked from his loss of control earlier in the bank, Jimmy does not, at first, notice the crowd pointing to the man plummeting from the sky. He also fails to notice the gaping hole in the pavement...until he almost trips over it. Hopping up at the last moment, he sails over the gap, and stops.

Floating over the hole, he looks down at the ground a few feet below him. "Hey neat! I'm flying again!

Glancing around, he's about to continue his caffeine-seeking journey when he realizes a lot of people are staring up a the sky. His feline eyes quickly focus in on the falling bank robber. "Ah, sh*t. I am totally not getting blamed for this!"

Going as fast as he can, Jimmy flies to intercept and hopefully catch the criminal before he hits the ground.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(The Conclusion to the Bank)

As the majority of the novas move to clear the bank and Cid positions himself precariously to catch the falling man. Jimmy's fast motion moves him upward to the bank robber, remembering the useful information gleaned from his science "research" (that is what the Discovery Channel is right?) Jimmy slows the bank robber down gradually. There the grateful police take custody of the swearing criminal and his remaining partner from Jimmy and Lance almost immediately.

"What you talkin' 'bout, man? Ain't nobody else in my house. You messin' with me? There weren't nobody in my house 'cept all these freaks."  Looking a little concerned, he adds, "An exclusive to whoever drives me home. Right now."

An eager young reporter waves to Dawg, "Quick, I'm parked probably a couple blocks away but it should be quickest to get out of here."

The reporter leads Dawg to what looks like one of the oldest cars that the jouster can remember seeing in recent times. With a foot of lead, the reporter drives to Dawg's house. Dawg gives the junior reporter the number for his personal assistant, to arrange the best time for an actual exclusive, not feeling like answering a bunch of questions right that moment.

As the Dawg walks up the soggy, scortched lawn, he looks to his half crumbling, half burnt haven. A silent rage fills the black man as he remembers the surreal events that happened just a short time ago. And then Dawg suddenly figures it out, as he hears the quiet ringing of a cell phone that's familiar to him, coming from the wrecked remains of what was to be the press room is the only clue he needs to figure out who the reporter was talking about.

(Back to the Bank)

None of the hostages need much in the way of medical treatment (stiffness and a feeling of lost security the main problems). But the man Burnard brings out has been knocked out cold and is rushed to the hospital. Once the bomb squad finishes disposing of the bomb into a safe container (so they can analyze it) the bank is finally emptied of anybody. The police take statements from all of those who will stay to give them, as well as names of the other people who had been there.

The hole in the cement stops crumbling inwards after it grows to a total of about 7 feet in diameter. Anyone who peeks down inside sees that it's a rather deep hole. A utility crew shows up pretty quickly as the police and crowd start to disappear, blocking off the hole and an even wider area around it. The group of novas realize quickly that thier host gone for the moment, the first day of the gathering is a total bust. (In fact they aren't sure there will be another day, given the condition of Dawg's home)

(Later That Night.. Just before the Normal 10 o'clock news)

"We interupt our regularly scheduled broadcast for this news bulletin..."

On the screen appears a barrel chested man in a business suit in front of a podium. Behind him is a black dropcloth adorned with the Aeon Society logo. "Thank you for coming on such short notice, members of the press. And to those of you watching, what I have to say will only take a moment," he says firmly with a deep calm voice.

"My name is Aaron Jenkins and tonight I am speaking to you the American public about the situation we face. Some reporters will have you believe it is a crisis or an epidemic, while others would like to turn the other cheek on the nova situation. Due to recent events, including those at the gathering that was attempted in Los Angeles by the well known boxer Diamond Dawg, we here at the Aeon Society feel that this issue needs a single solid group to gather data about "novas".

These remarkable people have surpassed the limits of normal human beings and we're not sure how. But with the cooperation of all those beings who are gifted in many differing ways and the many wonderful scientific minds out there. I am positive that humanity can figure out what is happening. And with that knowledge I'm sure the world can rest a little bit more comfortably.

Therefore the Aeon Society is officially petitioning the UN for assistence in gathering help for this project to make a better, more comfortable world for us all. And to all of those "novas" who wish to help, please contact the Aeon society. To the American public, I thank you for your time and patience in this trying time."

Michael returns home after the bank incident. He spends the rest of the afternoon with Syn &, when she gets in, Kat - fooling around, relaxing, & talking about the weird day. He's still enjoying the two girl's company when the Æon Society's message is broadcast. The winged 'Nova' shakes his head, commenting to his companions,

"Typical, 'Nova', who thinks up these things anyway? Makes me sound like something astronomers would stare at through a telescope. In any case, I think I've gone off the idea of meeting with my fellow 'Novas' after today - I've got plenty of people who threaten me day to day, without going out of my way to find more. Plus, it was pretty clear that none of them had any more of an idea as to what was happening to us than I did. There was that one cowgirl though..."

Michael grins ::biggrin , & hugs his girls close,

"... there's always room for one more, right?" ::sly

"In any case, I'm not exactly in hiding here - if these Æon guys want to find me, I'm sure they will..."

Half an hour later, & the winged Nova is soaring over the city. Arriving at Ms Martin's studio, he quietly circles the building a few times, taking note to make sure the third story windows can be opened enough to allow a man entrance without looking stupid. [Presuming they do...] Michael then swoops down to Patricia's office window (having checked she was inside &, hopefully, alone), alights, & taps on the glass. Having washed & changed, Michael is garbed in similar clothes to those he wore earlier, but also carries a dainty leather dog collar in his pocket (just in case... ::devil ).

After the bank situation has stabilized, Martha sits on the curb nearby, thoughfully rolling a lollypop from cheek to cheek. This superpower business was a pretty crazy deal - how do you just chuck aside a lifetime of Saturday morning cartoons and She-Ra, Princess of Power bedsheets? How do real live grown-ups use abilities they always dreamed about as kids?

After a bit more contemplation, Martha stands, stretches and dusts herself off.

Well, I think we've done enough damage for one day - I, for one, am planning to head back to my hotel room, raid the mini-bar, and spend the night watching bad movies on pay-per-view and not getting drunk. Any a y'all wanna join me, that's fine, or else I can drop you off somewheres here in La-La Land.

She starts heading back to her truck.

Anyone wants to reach me, I'm stayin' at the Standard on west Sunset, also known as Barbie Warhol's Dreamhouse.

OOC: If anyone needs a lift or wants to go to Martha's sake-fueled sleep-over, she'll oblige - otherwise, she'll see the announcement on TV by her lonesome (aw!).

[Later that night]

Propped up in her king-size bed, Martha pops another shrimp in her mouth and washes it down with the last of her sake. Very interesting thing on the TV...

Aeon Society, huh? Never heard of 'em. Well, this is either a really good or really bad idea...

After seeing the Aeon press release, Burnard picks up the phone in his hotel room "Who the hell are these Aeon guys anyway?".

"George! Man this line's a shocker! George! It's Burnie..."

A man on the other end responds with a gruff American accent "Burnie?"

"C'mon mate you only know one Aussie in the whole bloody world, don't tell me you don't know who you're talking to!"

"Burnard, last I remember you owe me upwards of 2 grand..."

"Me owe you 2 grand? ::angry Are you out of your bloody mind? You owe me george, don't try anything smart with me. So how've you and Dorris been?"

"Dorris is fine, this ulcer is killing me though. I know you Burnard, you don't call for small talk"

"I might be able to help you with that ulcer but for now, I need some info on a group of people calling themselves Aeon, what do you know?"

"Only that they were famous in the old days, a bunch of philanthropists doing good deeds and stuff, why?"

"I need you to find out if they're also famous for being ruthless, if they have any criminal or government ties and if they're at all interested in experimenting on people, infact anything you can come up with beyond that will be great too".

"And why the hell would I be doing all this research for you?"

"Because you owe me money, for old times sake, and your wife likes me. Besides I'll personally take a look at that ulcer if you do"

"The money's no big deal, old times I've had with you have all resulted in me getting a migrane, and I barely like the wife as it is ::wink . What do you mean take a look yourself? You a cop, a park ranger and a doctor now too?" ::laugh

"No but I can help, thanks George"

"No problem I'll get on it a little later and get back to you. Tell me, what do you think of our fair nation?"

"It rains too much, here... ::sly "

Cid takes MArtha up on her offer.

(Later that night)

Propped up in her king-size bed, Martha pops another shrimp in her mouth and washes it down with the last of her sake. Very interesting thing on the TV...

Aeon Society, huh? Never heard of 'em. Well, this is either a really good or really bad idea...

"Well...Im game. It never hurts to network."

With the way he dressed and talked, it shouldn't have come as a surprise that the police at the line treat Matt like homeless guy with a mental problem. Eventually frustrated, Matt vanished in an after image of sparks and reappeared next to the other Matt, where he vanished again.

OOC: If anyone needs a lift or wants to go to Martha's sake-fueled sleep-over, she'll oblige - otherwise, she'll see the announcement on TV by her lonesome (aw!).
Martha discovers Matt asleep in her truck when she returns and (if allowed) he will crash at her "place". After a shower and shave he looks much more presentable.

Matt says, "Aeon Society? Never heard of them, but it beats by a long shot what I've got going right now."

OOC: Martha has no problem with Matt coming along, and appears to be very happy that he showered ::laugh

"Well...Im game. It never hurts to network."

Martha laughs and plinks Cid between the eyes with an expertly-thrown shrimp.

I dunno, Cid - last time we tried to 'network', someone dropped f*ckin' lava on us - hopefully, these Aeon guys live in a fireproof house, or castle or whatever.

Matt says, "Aeon Society? Never heard of them, but it beats by a long shot what I've got going right now."

She shrugs and dips another shrimp in coctail sauce.

Your prob'bly right - Lord knows I'm blowin' a lotta cash on this place.

She waves at the pop-art design of the room.

So how 'bout this - tomorrow mornin', bright and afternoonish, we see what we can find out 'bout these Aeon folks, maybe give 'em a call. I gotta friend rollin' into town who also might be able to help us out. Meantime-

She grins devilishly.

We got ourselves a big ol' bed, some campin' gear, and a ferocious appetite for booze and shrimp - I say we build us a fort and watch Billy Baldwin movies 'til our brains drip out our ears. Are ya with me, boys?

Eddie touches down in the hotel room he and Virginia had been staying at, and sees her desperately watching TV. When she sees him, they run to each other and embrace, exuding relief in all directions. Eddie feels dampness on his unshaven cheek, and starts to murmur nonsense to her, as they simply hug for what may have been either minutes or hours.

Afterwards, the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign is turned on their hotel room door.

Much later, Eddie makes a call to Diamond Dawg letting him know he's at least not dead, and offering his condolences for his house. He asks if anyone was injured.. that sort of thing.

As the TV eventually finds its way back on..

"My name is Aaron Jenkins and tonight I am speaking to you the American public about the situation we face. Some reporters will have you believe it is a crisis or an epidemic, while others would like to turn the other cheek on the nova situation. Due to recent events, including those at the gathering that was attempted in Los Angeles by the well known boxer Diamond Dawg, we here at the Aeon Society feel that this issue needs a single solid group to gather data about "novas".

These remarkable people have surpassed the limits of normal human beings and we're not sure how. But with the cooperation of all those beings who are gifted in many differing ways and the many wonderful scientific minds out there. I am positive that humanity can figure out what is happening. And with that knowledge I'm sure the world can rest a little bit more comfortably.

Therefore the Aeon Society is officially petitioning the UN for assistence in gathering help for this project to make a better, more comfortable world for us all. And to all of those "novas" who wish to help, please contact the Aeon society. To the American public, I thank you for your time and patience in this trying time."

He and Virginia exchange a glance, and he shrugs.

"Well.. they have 'Society' in their name; they must be professional." The couple laughs, and Virginia adds,

"I liked Mr. Dawg, but I must say I was hoping for a little more conferencing at his.. nova.. conference. I'm still so amazed at these new powers you have, it'd be amazing if you had more training with them."

"I've been thinking.. these powers.. well, obviously, I lucked out as far as powers go, huh? Nothing better for magic than the power to create holograms, right? So maybe I should be the one to take conjuring to the next level of faking it. Not that I need to fake it.." He rises slightly off the ground, and as he ponders, he slowly rotates head over heels in the air.

"Still, screw TV. But they'd come en masse to see this live, don't you think, honey?"

Virginia only smirks at him, grabs him by the neck, and pulls him into a kiss.

"Don't they wish."

She blows his own "smoke" into his face.

So how 'bout this - tomorrow mornin', bright and afternoonish, we see what we can find out 'bout these Aeon folks, maybe give 'em a call. I gotta friend rollin' into town who also might be able to help us out. Meantime-

She grins devilishly.

We got ourselves a big ol' bed, some campin' gear, and a ferocious appetite for booze and shrimp - I say we build us a fort and watch Billy Baldwin movies 'til our brains drip out our ears. Are ya with me, boys?

Matt replies, "Sounds like a plan. Worry about money tomorrow. On that subject, I can make gold but it doesn't stay that way for long. Makes you wonder about "fairy" gold."

Martha looks at Matt's clothes critically.

Boy, we have got to buy you some new threads - you don't go visitin' folks call themselves a 'Society' dressed the way you are. At the very least we hit Old Navy tomorrow, get you some pants.

She starts playing with the remote, flipping restlessly from station to station.

I'm still tryin' to get used to the fact that I don't need to sleep no more, less o' course I really push m'self. Get a whole lotta readin' done, though, which don't suck. Food and oxygen are optional as well, which is just plain bi-zarre. You ever see that movie 'Defending Your Life', Meryl Streep jus' keeps eatin' all that pasta? That's me now. On one a those 'see food' diets, y'know, eat all the food you see? F*ckin' bi-zarre.

Matt says, "Thank you. I lost all my other clothes when I burned down my home. These I only managed to electrically mess up."

I'm still tryin' to get used to the fact that I don't need to sleep no more, less o' course I really push m'self. Get a whole lotta readin' done, though, which don't suck. Food and oxygen are optional as well, which is just plain bi-zarre. You ever see that movie 'Defending Your Life', Meryl Streep jus' keeps eatin' all that pasta? That's me now. On one a those 'see food' diets, y'know, eat all the food you see? F*ckin' bi-zarre.

Matt starts to say something, changes his mind, and then continues anyway, "Do you still have a heart beat?"

I dunno, Cid - last time we tried to 'network', someone dropped f*ckin' lava on us - hopefully, these Aeon guys live in a fireproof house, or castle or whatever.

Cid smiles and laughs a little.

Your prob'bly right - Lord knows I'm blowin' a lotta cash on this place.

She waves at the pop-art design of the room.

" You are? One sec..." He flips out a cell phone briefly, and (because I dont wanna type out a one sided conversation) after a few minutes he is done. "Ok, its taken care of. Dont worry about the bill. I should have some more cash in the morning to get us a flight to where ever we need to go." (I call my contacts to get them to get me more cash and to pay for whatever the bill on the room is with my resources)

Cid nods in agreement.

Matt replies, "Sounds like a plan. Worry about money tomorrow. On that subject, I can make gold but it doesn't stay that way for long. Makes you wonder about "fairy" gold."

"Dont even worry about it. Thought that may come in handy someday..."

Boy, we have got to buy you some new threads - you don't go visitin' folks call themselves a 'Society' dressed the way you are. At the very least we hit Old Navy tomorrow, get you some pants.

"Why dont we all get some new threads? New clothes for a new endeavor. Mabey some superhero costumes... ::sly "

"Sweet. Lets rock."

Cid falls asleep halfway through the first movie...

Gabriel silently wafts through the window of his dorm room later that evening.

Picking up his phone he makes several phone calls, all of them private, and not all of them successful. Hearing the news about the Aeon Society from one of his friends, he memorizes their contact information then puts them out of his mind for the time being.

Changing clothes until he's dressed from head to toe in black, he jumps out of his window and flies off towards a rather seedy area of downtown LA, searching for a particular bar on a particular street where he thinks he may be able to get something to get him stoned for the first time since the day he got his powers.

Matt starts to say something, changes his mind, and then continues anyway, "Do you still have a heart beat?"

Martha shrugs.

Yeah, my ticker's still beatin' - why, your's stopped? 'Cause I could see how that'd be disconcertin'.

" You are? One sec..." He flips out a cell phone briefly, and (because I dont wanna type out a one sided conversation) after a few minutes he is done. "Ok, its taken care of. Dont worry about the bill. I should have some more cash in the morning to get us a flight to where ever we need to go."

Martha blinks for a second.

Wow. Alright. Damn, where can I get one of them magic phones?

"Why dont we all get some new threads? New clothes for a new endeavor. Mabey some superhero costumes...  "

Martha looks down at her denim and leather ensemble.

What's wrong with this? 'Sides, I ain't never lettin' any synthetics touch any part o' my body again - they just feel wrong to me now.

"Sweet. Lets rock."

Cid falls asleep halfway through the first movie...

As Cid peacefully slumbers, Martha, with a featherlight touch, artfully draws a full goatee on him in Sharpie ::devil

After the bank incident:

Jimmy continues on his mission to find caffeine and shortly ends up at a Starbucks a few blocks away. Stepping up to the counter with a relieved grin, he orders his triple-shot mocha...then stops abruptly as he sees the girl behind the counter staring at him with her mouth open. Puzzled, he glances around, quickly becoming uncomfortably aware that everyone in the small area is staring at him.

He spins around, putting his back against the counter. "Uhhhhh...why are all you lookin' at me like that?"

The girl he first noticed staring taps him on the shoulder. Sloooowly, he turns to look at her. She leans close and whispers to him. "Your eyes. You've got cat eyes. We heard the news about a bunch of super-powered people at the bank robbery down the street. There were some cops in here a little while ago talking about some cat-eyed freak that smashed up one of the robbers, and then saved a guy falling from the sky."

Feeling his face, Jimmy checks for his sunglasses; they're gone, probably knocked off sometime during the day. Shielding his eyes with his hand, he throws a five on the counter. He whispers back. "I just want my coffee. There's the money, I'm not a bad guy. I'm sorry if I upset your customers."

She grins at him, and goes to finish making his drink. Jimmy is just starting to relax, when the girl yells out "It's him everybody! He's one of the guys from the bank that beat up the bad guys and saved the other one! Don't worry, he's just here for coffee!"

Just about leaping out of his skin, Jimmy manages to restrain himself from speeding out, or flying, or turning chameleon, or growing claws. With a weak(and somewhat terrified)laugh, he half-heartedly waves at the crowd. "Er, hi?"

Roughly 20 minutes after the Aeon Society announcement on TV, there's a knock on Martha's door.

Martha looks down at her denim and leather ensemble.

What's wrong with this? 'Sides, I ain't never lettin' any synthetics touch any part o' my body again - they just feel wrong to me now.

"I never said it had to be spandex. You could go with a "dark phoenix at the hellfire club" look...if that was your bag so to speak." he shrugs. "Hmmm...well, lets put off on that for now. I wonder what *they* are going to want to talk about? That last shindig wasent too useful. I did introduce us to new people though... Aw well. Movie time!"

Roughly 20 minutes after the Aeon Society announcement on TV, there's a knock on Martha's door.

Martha sits up from her Cid-adornment and sniffs the air.

Do I detect the heady musk of one Sir Jimmy waftin' under yon doorway?

She hops off the bed and zips over to the door.

Boy, you better not have forgotten my coffee!

She flings it open, posed in the doorway like a big bad mamma, but trying to suppress a goofy grin.

There's always room for one more, son.

OOC - Sorry if that didn't make sense, but I'm trying to figure out continuity - Cid was asleep, right? Was that last one a retro post, Bahamut?

"Do I detect the heady musk of one Sir Jimmy waftin' under yon doorway?"

She hops off the bed and zips over to the door.

"Boy, you better not have forgotten my coffee!"

She flings it open, posed in the doorway like a big bad mamma, but trying to suppress a goofy grin.

"There's always room for one more, son."

Opening the door reveals a very haggard Jimmy. Normally full of enthusiam and energy, he seems bone-weary and emotionally drained. Red-rimmed feline eyes travel up to Martha's face, and his shoulders slump.

"Sorry, I forgot your coffee.", he mumbles.

Opening the door reveals a very haggard Jimmy. Normally full of enthusiam and energy, he seems bone-weary and emotionally drained. Red-rimmed feline eyes travel up to Martha's face, and his shoulders slump.

"Sorry, I forgot your coffee.", he mumbles.

Martha's jaw drops at the sight of poor bedraggled Jimmy.

Jesus H. Christ, you look like hammered sh*t! Screw the coffee, dude, I was jus' messin' with you.

She gently guides him inside and closes the door.

Y'know what, you get the bed - I don't really need to sleep no more, unless I... well, unless I look like you do now.

She plops him down on the bed and pulls his shoes off.

If ya got the energy, take a shower, or even a bath - you'll feel a hell of a lot better, and you'll probably sleep better, too. And if y'want, we might still have some sake 'round here, take the edge off even if you can't get drunk no more.

She looks at him appraisingly.

Damn shame we don't know each other better - I give a hell of a massage, 'specially since I got all super-freaky.

She slaps him warmly on the shoulder.

But... it just wouldn't be right on our first date, now would it? Get yourself some sleep - tomorrow mornin', the bunch of us are lookin' into this whole Aeon thing.

OOC: We can time jump this little bit now, I guess, unless anyone else has anything to add. And if anyone else wants to show up at Martha's Den of Sleepy Men, they can write themselves in retroactively, I suppose.

Meanwhile, Hicksville, Middle America.

Bill lounges on the sofa with Shirley, randomly flicking channels. Classes just doesn't seem to take it out of him as much as they used to.

*flick*

*flick*

*flick*

And to all of those "novas" who wish to help, please contact the Aeon society.

"Hmm. Looks interesting......"

*flick*

*flick*

Morning, Bill makes a phone call......

Lance addresses the man sitting at the desk as he receives the file

"Thank you officer, I hope I won't have to use it."

They small talk a bit and the officer thanks him for helping in the interrogation of the bank robbers as he leaves. Their confessions will be most useful... Once on the street Lance dances through the crowds and exuberantly kisses a wide-eyed woman.

"What a lovely day, don't you agree?!"

He twirls and continues on his way without bothering to wait for an answer, humming to himself as he makes his way to a nearby bank. An hour later the file is deposited into a safe box and Lance dictates his will to a notary...

[later]

Lance is holding Marie's hand in the hospital...

"This won't happen again Marie...we're a team now. I can help people. We got the confessions out of the bank robbers yesterday, the officers were quite impressed with me."

The society's message plays on the hospital room's tv

And to all of those "novas" who wish to help, please contact the Aeon society.

Lance grins

"I can help people..."

Half an hour later, & the winged Nova is soaring over the city. Arriving at Ms Martin's studio, he quietly circles the building a few times, taking note to make sure the third story windows can be opened enough to allow a man entrance without looking stupid. [Presuming they do...] Michael then swoops down to Patricia's office window (having checked she was inside &, hopefully, alone), alights, & taps on the glass. Having washed & changed, Michael is garbed in similar clothes to those he wore earlier, but also carries a dainty leather dog collar in his pocket (just in case... ::devil ).

Patricia looks over to the window... looking at Michael a moment, before walking over and opening it with an amazed look on her face. After he gets inside, she closes the door and lightfootedly moves back to her desk, inviting Michael to follow her. Finding her seat again, she looks Michael directly in the face, her own looking as if it's being forced to keep together looking at the man, "Why? Don't you have enough going againist you right now?"

Michael leans against the desk, on the same side as the reporter is sitting, folds his arms over his chest, & smiles.

"Why? Don't you have enough going against you right now?"

"Why what? Why did I turn up to offer you this exclusive? Or why did I enter through the window? I'd be disappointed if you were worried about some building-code violation or something." ::sly

Leaning a little closer to the reporter he adds,

"I thought you'd be pleased to see me." ::devil

She looks at him, then quickly downwards as she unsteadily speaks, "Why did you throw him down towards the ground? Sure, someone saved the guy.. but it looked like you were enjoying playing a God. Did your experience convey you the right to decide who lives and dies?"

"Why did you throw him down towards the ground? Sure, someone saved the guy.. but it looked like you were enjoying playing a God. Did your experience convey you the right to decide who lives and dies?"

The winged man rolls his eyes ::rolleyes ,

"What? That's what you're worried about?"

Mike laughs,

"Well, first up, technically it wasn't me who did any of that (& it was more of a 'drop' than a 'throw' in any case), it was one of my 'others' - he's gone now. I can hardly be blamed for actions commited by a guy who just looks like me, now, can I? Secondly, like you said, he was caught in any case - no harm, no foul. Third, he was threatening a bank full of innocent people - yet you try to make me out to be the bad guy - are you quite sure you don't see any issues there? Fourth, the guy wanted to fall - he was more frightened of being caught alive than he was of my 'other' - which is saying quite a bit, all things considered. Fifth - if a team of SWAT had gone in instead of me... er... my 'other' that is... ::halo then all those bank robbers would likely be dead right now, as well as a few innocent bystanders (if we're to go on past performance). Is that really what you'd prefer to have happened?" ::sly

The demonic-looking man reached towards the reporter & gentley strokes his fingers down the side of her face,

"What do you think? Would you like it if I was a god? I'd be a dark one..." ::devil

"What do you think? Would you like it if I was a god? I'd be a dark one..."

She looks at his luminious green eyes, thinking hard, "I think that... I don't know what I should really think yet. You say it's your other, but how does anybody know that for sure? I certainly can't tell the difference on the tapes and it's not from lack of looking. I can't report anything objectively right now, so really Michael.. thanks you for coming.. but I'm not going to be able to do a proper interview."

... I can't report anything objectively right now, so really Michael.. thanks you for coming.. but I'm not going to be able to do a proper interview."

The winged man smiles as he continues to caress the reporter's cheek,

"What makes you think the interview was the reason I came? I'm sure you know how beautiful you are... & I appreciate beautiful things..." ::devil

• 2 weeks later...

[At the Television Station]

"What makes you think the interview was the reason I came? I'm sure you know how beautiful you are... & I appreciate beautiful things..."

The journalist blushes slightly, looking to her desk as she speaks, "Thanks for the compliments, but really I've got to keep my distance right now."

[From the News]

"Scientists declared the paranormal phenomenon to actually be another evolution of humanity to be specific yet still unofficial, 'Homo sapiens novus'. "

[Aeon Meeting]

Anybody that contacted Aeon was asked general questions about themselves, thier known powers, and for contact information. They were given additional contact information for the Society and told the method of transport to the meeting that Aeon will provide. Nobody will be given the direct location of the meeting, for security reasons. Everyone willing to attend will end up on a passenger train moving through the Midwest. Ushers move the attendees onto a dining car on the back of the train. The tables and booths are all carefully set for dinner. A large buffet of various ethnic and common foods are already set out. Standing at the very back is the now familiar face of Aaron Jenkins.

"Welcome everybody! Thanks for offering your assistance in helping humanity through this confusing time. Before we start, please help yourself to some dinner, during which time I'll answer any questions anybody might have about the Aeon Society and what our goals are. I know there isn't much in the public about who we are, despite the fact that we very much have an open door policy."

"Thanks for the compliments, but really I've got to keep my distance right now."

"Which is it going to be?", asks Michael with a sly smile, "You can either keep your distance & do the interview, or..." ::sly

The winged man leans close & kisses the reporter passionately. After a moment he breaks the kiss, stands, & walks to the open window. Glancing back he says,

"... follow your heart. Either way, it's time to decide." ::devil

They were given additional contact information for the Society and told the method of transport to the meeting that Aeon will provide.

((OOC: Im sure that one of Martha's group called in for the entire group...Cid would have volenteered, and declined to comment on his powers other then there is public video footage of him using them...everyone else its their option))

"Welcome everybody! Thanks for offering your assistance in helping humanity through this confusing time. Before we start, please help yourself to some dinner, during which time I'll answer any questions anybody might have about the Aeon Society and what our goals are. I know there isn't much in the public about who we are, despite the fact that we very much have an open door policy."

Cid piles up a plate then eats ravenously. He is still in his rugged, run down looking clothing. "None too shabby...I hope this shindig goes smoothly..."

Martha sits in one of the booths, taking in the view scrolling outside her window, seemingly lost in thought. She's wearing a somewhat more stylish version of her standard cowgirl look, sporting a new Stetson, black denim jeans and jacket with fancy stitching, and silver-toed red leather boots, all picked up during the big shopping spree she and the boys went on back in LA. Something about her looks different - nothing tangible, but somehow she's just seems more impressive, yet still down to earth.

(OOC - someone spent her XP on a dot of Mega-Charisma. Taint, what's that? ::devilangel)

At the mention of food, she perks up visibly.

What, canteen's open? Don't mind if ah do!

Martha scoots over to the buffet and starts to load up - as she does so, she looks over to their host.

Well, ah gotta say, this is a good start, Mr. Jenkins - we superfolks always do our best thinkin' when our guts is full. Least, as close to full as we get.

Cid piles up a plate then eats ravenously. He is still in his rugged, run down looking clothing. "None too shabby...I hope this shindig goes smoothly..."

Martha whispers to him with a sly wink.

Hope Aeon's insurance is all paid up - with extra lava coverage, know what ah mean?

David walks thorugh the dinner car and spots Martha and others partaking of the fine cuisine and walks up smiling,

"Hey sexy lady, mind if I join you?"

Martha drops her fork and squeals with delight - in a flash, she's up and crushing David in a viselike bear hug.

David, ya made it! I jus' knew you weren't a chickensh*t!

She stops to give him a chance to breathe.

Ooh, sorry 'bout the ribs there - sometimes ah forget that lungs are still important to most folks. We're about to lay into Mr. Jenkins here with a series of pointed questions - soon as we polish off a few more plates o' grub, that is. Set y'self down, boy, rest yer dogs a spell.

A bit taken aback by all the security and attention, Jimmy tries his best to answer any questions. Not really sure what they want to hear(or what all his new abilities actually are), his usual answer is a simple and almost curt, "Uh...animal powers."

In the dining car, he stays away from most of the others, grabbing a plate full of food and moving to a corner. Since his unexpected appearance at the hotel the previous night, Jimmy's been unusually withdrawn; he's barely spoken 2 words to anyone unless specifically addressed. One thing he was adamant about was making sure to pick up a new pair of huge, dark sunglasses that he's been wearing ever since.

[Aeon Meeting]

Anybody that contacted Aeon was asked general questions about themselves, their known powers...
Matt says he can control, manipulate, generate, & transform electrons, literally true but close to being a non-answer. When asked for "contact information", he refers them to Martha. When asked for personal information, he says his last name is "Smith" and he has no place of residence.
(OOC - someone spent her XP on a dot of Mega-Charisma. Taint, what's that?)
(OOC: You fiend you. ::devil Continue and you'll find out. ::alien)
"...Before we start, please help yourself to some dinner, during which time I'll answer any questions anybody might have about the Aeon Society and what our goals are. I know there isn't much in the public about who we are..."

Matt follows Martha and any others to the buffet and librally helps himself.

Matt says, "I have to say I'd never even heard of the Aeon Society before this."

Andric signed up in a hotel, directly after the bank incident. (The UN would get the bill ::rolleyes ) Then, he wrote a short report about what happend since the gathering at diamonds house adding a short description of the other novas. He called his superior and reported a short summary. Somebody was send to retrieve his report in person and he was orderd by his superior to watch at the ugly – erm, potential dangerouse novas.

Andric picked out the „demon“ Michael and the „X-ray“ Gabriel. In truth, he was very impressed bei them and their powers. He was not sure how to handle this guys. But in the following two weeks he was often near this two guys, watching them mostly from above them.

Ooh, sorry 'bout the ribs there - sometimes ah forget that lungs are still important to most folks. We're about to lay into Mr. Jenkins here with a series of pointed questions - soon as we polish off a few more plates o' grub, that is. Set y'self down, boy, rest yer dogs a spell.

David doesn't seem too affected by Martha's 'rough' treatment...

"Well, I suppose it would be rude not to join ya now... ::tongue So, have you guys figured anything out about this 'Aeon Society'? I mean, what exactly is their agenda?"

He starts gnawing on a trukey leg...

"Oh, hey, my agent is setting up some meetings with some folks that want to do a 'made for TV' movie about the whole bank incident. Any of you guys interested in showbiz?"

Anybody that contacted Aeon was asked general questions about themselves, thier known powers, and for contact information. They were given additional contact information for the Society and told the method of transport to the meeting that Aeon will provide. Nobody will be given the direct location of the meeting, for security reasons.

(OOC - Oops, I should do a little backstep and address this stuff.)

During the interview phase, Martha was her usual charming self, cracking jokes at her own expense and engaging in a little light flirting. She described her increased strength and speed, her ability to regenerate and go without food, water or even oxygen for long periods of time. She also described her heightened senses and demonstrated her phenominal sharpshooting skills to a very alarmed Aeon staff member.

She gave the address, phone number and website info for 'Sagebrush Joe' Twofeathers of Aspen, Colorado as her contact information, as well as her new cellphone number.

Archived