Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Er... no. I could say a lot of good things about Dani, but investigating is not one of her strengths. Unless it's got something to do with moviestars or designers..."

"I could always hire an investigator, of course... But I kinda doubt we'd find anybody good enough and willing to take the job."

Cid shakes his head. "It would take too long anyway. Damn. Well...anyway. Lets get a call out to the FAA and see if that came from anywhere or if it was a isolated phemoninon. Lets see...who would be best to talk to the cops... Martha? Where is that one guy who can make people like him? Can you find him and see if he will talk to the cops for us to see if they saw anyone who would have done this? Please? "

He gives her a reassuring smile. "You can look for your truck while your over there. If nothing else, I can get you a new one to make up for your being put out."

He looks back to DD. "Too bad all that food is gone and ruined...Im getting hungry again... Anyway...."

Andric stepped to the side and left the group talking among each other. He pulled out his cell phone an dialed to his superior at the UN.

„Meister here“ he lowered his voice „sir, we got trouble over here. someone hast cruhsed the party and was throwing lava out of the air. We don’t know who, for now. Any orders?“

While he was talking, he still watched the group around the angry boxer.

Well, thought Martha to herself, at least no one's trying to kill anyone for the next five minutes - that is, if we can all stay civil. Even a simple disagreement was a powder keg in the world they lived in now.

Cid shakes his head. "It would take too long anyway. Damn. Well...anyway. Lets get a call out to the FAA and see if that came from anywhere or if it was a isolated phemoninon. Lets see...who would be best to talk to the cops... Martha? Where is that one guy who can make people like him? Can you find him and see if he will talk to the cops for us to see if they saw anyone who would have done this? Please? "

She doesn't look too pleased at the thought of tracking down Lance, but Martha nods glumly.

Will do.

He gives her a reassuring smile. "You can look for your truck while your over there. If nothing else, I can get you a new one to make up for your being put out."

She gives Cid a grin and a wink.

Well, it's a custom job, so I hope for the sake of your pocketbook it's okay.

She turns to start her search, then stops.

Hey, does anyone have a cell phone? I know some folks back in Colorado who might be able to put us in touch with local authorities. Done some work with the Feds, and I know a few professional pilots and National Park people.

(ST: Martha's primary contacts are with Colorado state police and National Park Service, but since she's done some tracking for the FBI, I figure she has a minor FBI contact, probably in Boulder or Denver, and possibly someone in the FAA. Would calling on these resources be Contacts, Investigation, or some combo of the two?)

Absentmindedly, Bill passes his cellphone over to Martha.

"Work away."

Oh! Thank you, Bill.

Martha gives him a quick peck on the cheek, and then starts to dial. As the phone rings, she puts a hand on his shoulder.

None of us asked for this sh*t; we're all bozos on this bus, as the wise man said.

She gives his shoulder a firm squeeze (which feels like it could be a lot firmer if she wanted it to be), then returns to her call.

Hey there, Candice! Is Jerome in?

I guess we'll just have to settle on the 'like you but you're scary' thing for now...

Michael smiles at the woman in denim, the glow in his all-green eyes flaring momentarily. His wings suddenly open to full span, then slowly fold again - almost as if he was simply adjusting them for comfort, but with an undeniably dramatic effect. Stepping a pace closer to Martha he says softly, but firmly,

"It's good that you like being scared, Martha. I like you too..." ::devil

Elsewhere...

... However, the version of Michael that tries to strike Lance finds the man a little harder to hit. Not even retaliating, Lance rushes towards some cars where a police officer is standing...

[Can I presume that means Lance dodged the punch (as opposed to being hard to hit in some other way)? ::confused ]

With a bestial snarl, Michael crouches, then pounces after his prey - wings adding length to the leap as he attempts to tackle Lance from behind. ::angry

By the press...

Michael addresses the reporters,

"Ladies, gentlemen - obviously you have a news-worthy situation here, & I wouldn't want to do anything to prevent you good people from doing your jobs. With that in mind, perhaps it would be a good idea to organise an official press conferance with myself & the others - I'm sure I can convince them of the benefits of talking to a friendly press. Of course, right now they all appear to be distracted by the strange rain we're having in these parts... If any of you know of, or could find out, any information which could shed some light on this incident then I'm positive that volunteering such information would go a long way towards showing my fellow 'super-powered' beings & I that you're the sort of co-operative media folks to whom it would be best to talk to first... On the off-chance that we 'changed' types are more than a 'flash-in-the-pan' news story, I'm sure smart professionals, such as yourselves, can see the advantages of establishing cordial & mutually beneficial relationships straight off the bat." ::sly

By Dog & company...

Only seeming to be half listening to the conversation (being more interested in watching Martha), Michael suddenly looks up, & asks,

"Is there a reason everyone is presuming that someone like us caused the 'rain'? Did anyone see someone? There has been lots of strange environmental fallout from that space-station explosion, after all." ::confused

"Is there a reason everyone is presuming that someone like us caused the 'rain'? Did anyone see someone? There has been lots of strange environmental fallout from that space-station explosion, after all."

Cid looks over at him. "Well...what man-made things do you know of that can rain molten lava over an area of land?"

He smiles. "Im Cid, by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Well...what man-made things do you know of that can rain molten lava over an area of land?"

Michael looks over to Cid,

"None - that's the point, really. Couldn't it have been some sort of strange environmental thing? Or fragments from that space-station coming back to Earth? Or... well, or anything really. What evidence do we have that it was someone like us?"

"Im Cid, by the way. Nice to meet you."

The winged man grins,

"You sure about that?" ::devil

... then offers his hand,

"Michael Warlock."

As Michael lands in front of him Lance seems aghast at the sight of the demon in front of him.

"Don't touch me!"

He ducks under Michael's swipe and starts running away towards kneeling police officer by some vehicles. He only manages to take a few steps before the air gets sucked out of him from the tackle. Fear is evident in his eyes as he squirms within Michaels grasp and looks into his eyes

"What, what're you doing?! Marie! Let me go!"

The fear is soon replaced by a malicious grin as he seems to remember who he is and what he can do (a grin that can only be described as a "Grinch grin"..you know the one...)

"I said let me go."

edited for continuity

Jimmy raises a hand for attention. "Uhhh, guys? I haven't been able to hear anything about any other lava falling, but there is something else. There's a bank robbery with hostages nearby...I don't think we're the Superfriends or anything, but I'm gonna go see if I can help. But I don't know this area, can one of you tell me where 901 West 7th Street is?"

(At Dawg's Flaming Abode)

The firefighters work diligently on cooling the lava down so they can get to the house. The mansion's outer shell has rapidly passed the fire from one part of the house to the other, making it look like it will be a total loss. A firefighter approaches the main group of novas and asks them to step to the roadway for their own safety, even as Finnegan walks up looking to Dawg, “Damn man, I’ve heard of blowing your top, but your house? Did that one guy finally upset you enough?” ::cool

The news crews after being spoken to by Michael seem to back off, starting to talk to one another. They also are asked to back off to the street by firefighters. Some of them move their vehicles away from the damage that was Dawg’s house, even leaving the scene entirely. ::dozingoff Three different news crews stay, one seems to be focused on the lava in the front yard, one heads for the group of novas, and the last is heading towards the parking area where all the vehicles are.

Michael’s other self leaps at Lance spotting him going through the cars tackling him precisely into the side of car… the head of a police officer pops up from behind the car. ::crazy

"I said let me go."

The police officer quickly draws his weapon, pointing it at Michael and saying “Put your hands on top of your head and get onto the ground. Let’s just be friendly and get this all sorted out.

(On the Parking Garage)

Gabriel’s sensitive nose turns him towards the stairwell doors, which slowly opens exposing the perfect curves of a strawberry blonde woman, whose white smile is almost blinding. Flicking open and closed in her hand is a windproof lighter, she says with a Cheshire grin “Looking for someone, boys?

A lone figure (OOC:tacky huh?) in what looks to be a safari outfit is walking up to the mansion "Bugger! What's up with the sky?" *Huh?* "Yeah great I can see it's on fire, sh!t so's that house". Taking a few breaths he looks to the sky " ::hehe Go on start raining you lazy sod, but not too heavy! Not like Bloody last time!" ::angry .

"None - that's the point, really. Couldn't it have been some sort of strange environmental thing? Or fragments from that space-station coming back to Earth? Or... well, or anything really. What evidence do we have that it was someone like us?"

"Well...I dont think we are on a fault line...that is what you want to look for for volcanoes I think. I dont think the closest volcano is close enough to saturate us the way we were either. As for the space station? THat was liquid lava, not something that could have come from a sattelight...I dont think at least. We dont have any evidence to say it was one of...well...us. But it seems the most likly canadate right now."

The winged man grins,

"You sure about that?" 

... then offers his hand,

"Michael Warlock."

Cid frowns, then shakes the hand. "Actually no. If you really must know. I was beaten and left for dead when I first...well...became I guess you could say. I cant remember anything before that. I have video of it if you want to see...its kinda grim, but you can see if you can recognise them."

Gabriel’s sensitive nose turns him towards the stairwell doors, which slowly opens exposing the perfect curves of a strawberry blonde woman, whose white smile is almost blinding. Flicking open and closed in her hand is a windproof lighter, she says with a Cheshire grin “Looking for someone, boys?”

Eddie, following Gabriel's gaze, looks at the woman and shrugs helplessly, suppressing a longing look at the sky. Even so, he remembers the laughing fit of only minutes ago and decides to handle the introductions himself, and an easygoing, cheerfully self-deprecating smile takes over his face.

"Oh, hello, we didn't realize anyone was up here - no, no one in particular." He shares a grin with her at the idea, regardless of whether her grin is at the idea or at something else.

"There's a bank robbery with hostages nearby...I don't think we're the Superfriends or anything, but I'm gonna go see if I can help. But I don't know this area, can one of you tell me where 901 West 7th Street is?"

Cid shrugs. "Thats Mr. Dogs area. I would offer help...but im afraid that if I tried, some people would end up dead. I dont think that we would need that kind of press at the moment. Well...I dont know...I could go without using my glowing hand..."

He considers for a moment, then sighs.

"Does anyone else want to help in this..little party? I dont think we are going to get any answers immediatley. I really dont want any of us getting hurt, or hell, even killed, before we can find out about ourselves. Ill go to make sure you dont get hurt."

The police officer quickly draws his weapon, pointing it at Michael and saying “Put your hands on top of your head and get onto the ground. Let’s just be friendly and get this all sorted out.”

"Yess, letss.."

Jimmy raises a hand for attention. "Uhhh, guys? I haven't been able to hear anything about any other lava falling, but there is something else. There's a bank robbery with hostages nearby...I don't think we're the Superfriends or anything, but I'm gonna go see if I can help. But I don't know this area, can one of you tell me where 901 West 7th Street is?"

Lance turns around at this and oddly responds in an endearing voice, nothing like the Lance the "superfriends" got to know at dinner.

"Bank robbery? Officer, could you take me to it? I'm a hostage negotiator, I'd show you my badge but I'm afraid I left it in my jacket..."

Lance nods at the burning house

"Is there a reason everyone is presuming that someone like us caused the 'rain'? Did anyone see someone? There has been lots of strange environmental fallout from that space-station explosion, after all."
Cid looks over at him.  "Well...what man-made things do you know of that can rain molten lava over an area of land?"

Matt glances away from the magma and says flatly, "No. Silica, copper, titanium, bauxite, aluminum... I'd say its the real deal, true magma. If it were from space you'd see a lot more iron. If it were from the space shuttle it would be processed."

"Oh. And I'm Matt."

But I don't know this area, can one of you tell me where 901 West 7th Street is?"

Bill raises an eyebrow.

"Jimmy, I'm not too sure how it works in LA, but back home the police don't look to kindly on vigilantism. Granted, Dog here is bullet-proof, but that's not going to stop one of them shooting a hostage."

He chuckles.

"'Sides, this being LA, if you tried to tackle every crime you heard on that police band, you'd never get any time to yourself...." ::wink

I dont think we are on a fault line...

Looking slightly incredulous.

"You serious, Cid? You been checked out by a doctor? LA is on the San Andreas fault line, one of the more major fault lines in the world.

"Look up "dumbest place to build a city" and you'll get yourself the Zipcode of LA....." ::biggrin

But it seems the most likly canadate right now."

Bill frowns.

"I don't know about *that*. So far, some of us are pretty tough, some pretty strong, a HECK load of us can fly, and a couple can xerox ourselves. Shooting lava seems a whole jump farther than any of us have demonstrated so far."

He puts his hands up to slow any arguement.

"Not sayin' your wrong, or nuthin', just sayin' it's a bit premature is all. I mean, two weeks ago, this world was a pretty weird and wonderful place even without demon-boy here" Bill stabs a thumb at Michael.

"Jimmy, I'm not too sure how it works in LA, but back home the police don't look to kindly on vigilantism. Granted, Dog here is bullet-proof, but that's not going to stop one of them shooting a hostage."

Jimmy, though normally a bit of a goofball, raises an eyebrow at Bill, and says seriously, "Who said I wanted to go all vigilante? I just thought I could help out. I got supersenses and stuff, maybe I could help the cops scan the building."

"'Sides, this being LA, if you tried to tackle every crime you heard on that police band, you'd never get any time to yourself...."

His shoulders slump as the logic of Bill's statement sinks in. "I guess you're right.", he says dejectedly. "It's just...I mean, c'mon! What am I supposed to do? I've got these powers, we all do, and..."

He looks up, confusion etched on his face. "I've never done anything important before. Five minutes ago, I saved somebody's life! Pulled him right out from under a huge glob of lava that woulda killed him! And look at Matt. He looks like hell, tired and hungry," Jimmy pauses to sniff the air,"hasn't bathed in awhile, but without him, a whole bunch of people would be dead! Martha tried to help me save people, I'm sure you others were trying to help too."

Scrubbing a hand through his hair, he tries to sort out what he's feeling. "Bill, I'm not a hero. I just thought that if I could do something good with these powers, I should. There's no wacky Superman side of me that has always dreamed of having powers and flying around to save the day."

"I give money to homeless people sometimes, even though it probably won't help the way I hope it would. I know that they usually just think I'm a sucker, and then buy themselves a beer or some more drugs or something. But everyone once in awhile, I think about whether the five bucks I can spare could help them out. I don't really need the five bucks, and they might. So I give it to them, cause deep down I just want to help. Same thing, man. I got these powers, and I really can help people now. I don't wanna fight crime or thwart evildoers, I just want to help."

Winding down, Jimmy sits on the grass and looks at the ground, fighting back his tears.

Seeing Jimmy sitting dejectedly on the ground, Bill thinks for a moment.

He looks back to Shirley (who's looking pretty shell-shocked at all this), and looks at her questioningly.

She looks confused for a moment, then nods.

Bill offers his hand to Jimmy. ::biggrin

He speaks firmly, but friendly:

"Get your ass up, boy. Let's take a walk. At least you can make an offer to the police on the scene, yeah?" ::wink

"Anyone else want to come along?"

"'Sides, this being LA, if you tried to tackle every crime you heard on that police band, you'd never get any time to yourself...."

"Not to mention the fact that you'd find yourself going after the cops pretty danm soon..." ::sarcasm

"I give money to homeless people sometimes, even though it probably won't help the way I hope it would. I know that they usually just think I'm a sucker, and then buy themselves a beer or some more drugs or something. But everyone once in awhile, I think about whether the five bucks I can spare could help them out. I don't really need the five bucks, and they might. So I give it to them, cause deep down I just want to help. Same thing, man. I got these powers, and I really can help people now. I don't wanna fight crime or thwart evildoers, I just want to help."

"I hear ya, Jimbo. I been thinking a lot of the same these last weeks. Hell, I almost became religious, y'know what I'm sayin'?"

"Sides, I need to find a new job too. Ain't no way I'm ever gonna be allowed in the ring again." ::confused

"But that's exactly the point. That's the kinda thing I wanted us all to talk about. We're extremely lucky, even if that migraine is killing me... We could do a lot of good, or a lot of bad. And the world's watching us from right over there." He nods towards the reporters.

"Count me in."

(OOC: The following is one half of Martha' conversation on Bill's cell - sorry about the length and possible boredom factor ::blush )

Martha perks up and grins.

Special Agent Weiss! How you feelin' today? Got a question that the Federal-BI may or may not be able to answer, if you got the time and inclination to help out.

Well, I don't know if you'd heard, but I had a little accident a while back, and - well Jer, to make a long story short, I'm one of those super-people now. And apparently, with great power comes all kinds of annoying and dangerous sh*t. Like...lava, and people flyin' around and punchin' each other and such.

Suddenly she looks utterly crestfallen.

Holy sh*t, no way! Aw man, why didn't I see that comin'?

Martha angrily kicks a piece of rubble, which flies across the lawn and nearly flips over an action news van.

Well then, I f*cked up royal. I'm at Diamond Dog's house in LA right now, and there's camera crews everywhere. God damn it.

She lets out a long sigh and rubs her face.

Well, first I need someone to smack me upside the head with a smart stick. After that, I was wonderin' if A, the Feds were keepin' any records on known super-people, and B, if any of them were known to throw hot lava out of the sky. You turn on CNN, you might see the general situation we got here. I'll wave at ya, too.

One of my newfound buddies is real good at analyzin' stuff with his eyes or whatever, he said the material is consistent with naturally occurring lava - got bauxite and all the other proper chemical ingredients.

Yep, interestin' is the right word.

She looks idly over towards the patch of lawn that she, Jimmy and Matt tore up during their rescue efforts.

Oh, that? That was me and Flying Badger Boy tryin' to save some folks - we didn't, but another guy with us did a much better job.

She laughs and gives Jimmy a wink.

Well I'm sure he's hopin' that one don't stick.

She nods thoughtfully.

Well I guess that's both good and bad news. Okay, proper statement. You saw that announcement Diamond Dog made, right? 'Bout the meet 'n' greet at his place? Well, me and a bunch of other folks took him up on his offer and showed up. He had a real nice spread before the lava hit. So we're all stuffin' our faces and pickin' fights with each other, when all of a sudden a few of us got this sense that...somethin' was wrong. I smelled this sulfery kinda smell, 'cause now my senses are all super-sharp, a few other folks started yellin' about lava fallin' from the sky, and then BOOM, it was fallin' all over the place. You can probably get a good tape of that from yer local Denver affiliate or CNN. We all ran or flew outside to see what the ruckus was and help as we could. I got no word on casualties yet, but dude's house is toast. No one here knows anyone with lava-flickin' power, so I thoughta you. That's 'bout it, Jer.

Okay, I can keep a secret.

Well, seeing as I recovered from having a house fall on me, I think it's safe to say they might have made it out okay. New rules apply now.

Um. Were they the only folks in the plane?

So how are these two folks linked to the other incidents?

Was there any strange material recovered from those fires, like the bauxite I mentioned? If need be, I could get the guy with the eyes to make a statement.

Martha nods firmly.

Got it. I'll think of something vague and important soundin'. You know anyone in the LA office? Anyone cool I could look up?

Okay. I'll be in touch in a little bit - I owe you one big time. Hugs 'n' smooches, Jer.

Oops, here ya go!

She turns to the CNN camera and waves. She hands Bill's phone back to him.

Much obliged, Bill. Learned some interestin' facts, but no definite leads yet; I'll talk to Weiss later, see if he comes up with anything more.

Martha catches the last bit of Jimmy's improptu speech, and nods in agreement.

Sure, I'm with you guys. At the very least, this way we can spread the collateral damage around better. Let's go see some cops.

"You serious, Cid? You been checked out by a doctor? LA is on the San Andreas fault line, one of the more major fault lines in the world.

"Eh, heh. Yea. I forgot about that one. Beh... How many volcanoes are on the San Andreas fault anyway?"

"Like I said before...Im not going to let you guys get hurt if I can help it."

Much obliged, Bill. Learned some interestin' facts, but no definite leads yet; I'll talk to Weiss later, see if he comes up with anything more.

"Ok. Sounds good. Hopefully that will turn something up. What kind of truck did you have anyway?"

Bill frowns.

"I don't know about *that*. So far, some of us are pretty tough, some pretty strong, a HECK load of us can fly, and a couple can xerox ourselves. Shooting lava seems a whole jump farther than any of us have demonstrated so far."

Matt responds, "You are joking right? I can almost do that right now. If I had a full meal in me I'd show you how to restructure matter."

"Somebody wanted to thin out the compitition, that's all."

"You are joking right? I can almost do that right now. If I had a full meal in me I'd show you how to restructure matter."

Bill grins. ::biggrin

"I think the key word was 'demonstrated'."

"So, what to you mean by 'restructure matter'? Sounds like an awful complicated way of "I did good in metal-shop"." ::wink

"So, what to you mean by 'restructure matter'? Sounds like an awful complicated way of "I did good in metal-shop"." ::wink

"I mean turning stuff into different stuff." Matt waves to the now broken wall (although his back is still turned to the wall and the reporters), "That was changing something's form. With a little more effort you can go deeper and change its elemental make up as well. Like turning iron into sand or vise versa. It's just a matter of moving the particles around."

It's just a matter of moving the particles around."

Bill's eye's glaze, ever so slightly.

"Um.... Sure. I've taught a couple high school classes of science (I tend to be Mr. Substitute in our place), but I tend to steer clear of the atomic stuff. I think if it were that easy, we'd be livin' in Star Trek already.

"But then again...... I'm sure you can do it. I mean, why not? Sudden man can fly, so why not the rest.....

"Anyway...."

"I said let me go."

Michael pins Lance with one hand on his chest, & raises the other in a fist. Hearing the prone man's words (but, apparantly to no effect), he grins & spits through gritted teeth,

"It's not nice to go attacking people's minds - some may attack back."

The police officer quickly draws his weapon, pointing it at Michael and saying “Put your hands on top of your head and get onto the ground. Let’s just be friendly and get this all sorted out.”

Michael pauses in his assault of Lance, & glances up at the police man, green eyes blazing. The demonic figure's wings open, & he says to the cop,

"Keep out of this - it's between me & Mr Mind-rapist here."

"Yess, letss.."

Michael's attention is drawn back to Lance, & he again grins & prepares to strike the man...

"Bank robbery? Officer, could you take me to it? I'm a hostage negotiator, I'd show you my badge but I'm afraid I left it in my jacket..."

The winged man again pauses, the rage in him seeming to fade somewhat as he asks the prone man, in all seriousness,

"Is that true, you piece of filth? Could you really help save lives here?"

Michael appears to think for a moment, then stands & lets Lance up. Jabbing a finger into the man's chest, he states quite flatly,

"This is not over."

Over by Dog's group...

"Actually no. If you really must know. I was beaten and left for dead when I first...well...became I guess you could say. I cant remember anything before that. I have video of it if you want to see...its kinda grim, but you can see if you can recognise them."

Michael's all-green eyes widen,

"Er... No... Thanks all the same. Not my thing really, & I doubt that it'd involve anyone I know. That's... that's pretty harsh, friend. You can't remember anything at all? I...", Mike trails off as if he's suddenly been struck by inspiration, "Hey - there's a whole load of reporters over there who're just champing at the bit to talk to people like us - well, not like me its seems, but guys like you & the others. Why not go over & make an appeal for information on yourself or something? It couldn't hurt, could it?"

Michael's eyes glow as he turns with a sudden look of interest,

"Vigillante, eh? Now that's something I'd never considered... & you say it'll annoy the cops? Right - I'll give those bank robbers something to shoot at instead of hostages!" ::sly

Now grinning, the winged man crouches low, then leaps into the air, sailing across the city's buildings in the direction of the bank, wings opening when he reaches the apex of the impressive leap.

Over by the reporters...

Michael glances up as his counterpart flies towards trouble, then turns again to the people of the press,

"There may well be some action over at the bank at 901 West 7th Street that's apparantly being robbed right now... If any of you would be interested in that sort of thing..." ::sly

Over by Lance...

Moments after his 'brother' heads towards the bank, Michael follows suit.

Bill offers his hand to Jimmy.

He speaks firmly, but friendly:

"Get your ass up, boy. Let's take a walk. At least you can make an offer to the police on the scene, yeah?"

Quickly rubbing at his eyes, Jimmy looks up and smiles uncertainly. "Okay."

Taking Bill's hand, Jimmy gets to his feet.

"Count me in."

"Hey, that's great Dog!" He looks around. "I don't guess anybody's got a car? I don't really want to walk or fly the whole way. Heck, I'm not even sure where the bank is."

Now grinning, the winged man crouches low, then leaps into the air, sailing across the city's buildings in the direction of the bank, wings opening when he reaches the apex of the impressive leap.

"Holy crap! That guy can jump!" Jimmy's jaw drops.

The winged man again pauses, the rage in him seeming to fade somewhat as he asks the prone man, in all seriousness,

"Is that true, you piece of filth? Could you really help save lives here?"

Michael appears to think for a moment, then stands & lets Lance up. Jabbing a finger into the man's chest, he states quite flatly,

"This is not over."

Moments after his 'brother' heads towards the bank, Michael follows suit.

Lance rolls his eyes and addresses the officer

"There should really be laws about letting wild beasts like that roam free, don't you think? Better step on it before he scares the bejesus out of those robbers and makes them trigger-happy. Oh, you might want to warn those on the job already there as well...lets go."

"Ok. Sounds good. Hopefully that will turn something up. What kind of truck did you have anyway?"
"Hey, that's great Dog!" He looks around. "I don't guess anybody's got a car? I don't really want to walk or fly the whole way. Heck, I'm not even sure where the bank is."

Martha shades her eyes and starts scanning the area.

I've got an S-10 pickup around here somewheres - hey, there's momma's little girl!

She points to a red '84 Chevy across the street that looks like it's worked everyday of its life, and is giving some serious thought to retirement.

C'mon, let's pile in - last one in the truck has to push!

She winds herself up in a cartoony pose.

Exit, stage left!

And with that, she's gone, baby, gone ::smiley5

(to the truck, that is)

Jogging after the two speedos at a brisk, but still not superhuman pace Dog catches up with the two as Jimmy climbs inside.

He grins widely as he pats Jimmy on the shoulder and says

"Now, I just know you ain't gonna let me ride in the back." ::cool

With that he squeezes himself inside if there's room, and gestures for Jimmy to get behind if there isn't...

Seeing how most everyone seems to be headed out, Matt comes to a decision. *Best to tag long. At a bare minimum we offer multiple targets that way.* Glancing at the reporters starting to take note of the truck, he makes another decision.

Matt disappears in a flash and instantly reappears in Martha's truck. ::teleport2

"OK, I'm in. But someone needs to get me a meal soon or I'm not going to be much good later."

Andric nodded, also Talbot could not see it „Affirmative.“ He put his cellphone back in his parka and overlooked the scene. The others were already on their way to stop the raid on the bank.

He saw Michael in the air and a brief moment later he followed him through the air. To navigate in the air, he strechted his fists ahead.

So he followed the winged man, but did not closed in for him. His eyes were darkened again, when he activated his flight power.

Archived